Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
8046 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigfinseafood.com/
- Phone: 4076158888
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Slattery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Big Fin offers on-site catering for Special Events hosted in our restaurant. Private Dining Rooms available to host up to 72 guests/ Audio Visual equipment included in our two private dining rooms/Bar-A-Cuda & covered Patio available for receptions for up to 150 guests/Entire restaurant available for buyout events up to 450 guests. Group Dinner Menus Available -includes such Entrees as: Filet Mignon, BBQ Salmon, Mahi Piccata, Filet Mignon, Cold Water Lobster Tail, Shrimp Scampi, Chicken, Vegetarian Pad Thai, Shrimp Skewers, etc...
- Entertainment: Four Plasma TVS at the Bar-A-Cuda covered patio bar & three plasma tvs at the Trophy Bar. 10' Projection screens with cable capability are located in our two Private Dining Rooms.
- Special Events: Private Dining Rooms available to host up to 72 guests/ Audio Visual equipment included in our two private dining rooms/Bar-A-Cuda & covered Patio available for recptions for up to 150 guests/Entire restaurant available for buyout events up to 450 guest
A word from Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Big Fin was named Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Global Fresh Seafood, Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. The extensive menu features specialty items such as Whole Maine Lobster, Stone Crab, Blue Crab Crusted Grouper, Sushi, Filet Mignon, King Crab, Scallops, SwordFish, Shrimp, Clams, Mussels, New York Strip Steak, Calamari, Crab Cakes, Salad, Vegetarian options, Lobster Mac-n-Cheese, Raw & Grilled Oysters and more - Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)fit for foodies (84)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (31)hot spot (30)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (16)great for lunch (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Big Fin-OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Our experience here was fantastic from food to service to atmosphere!! Definitely would recommend to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The table we were seated at was in a rough location as a 6 top. It was right by a main door and I got bumped several times. Plus the opposite side of the table had to look in the server side station the whole time. I thought the clearing of the table could have been better.Special Features:
- Attentive StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I recently had our 6th anniversary dinner here and the service and meals were outstanding. I have several food allergies and our server and chef were able to accommodate me without making me feel like a burden. We will definitely be back. The oyster selection is amazing!Special Features:
- Loved it!bknight919Dined on 9/19/2014Great service, great food, and the owner and manager came over and introduced themselves and asked how everything was. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is their downfall.MommyDined on 9/19/2014This was the first time we went to Big Fin. Although we saw there were sketchy service reviews, we felt the food would be worth it. The food was pretty good with the exception of my steak (overdone and burnt after taking almost an hour). Our server was super nice and friendly but that was where the service started and ended. It took about 10-15 minutes for someone to greet us at our table. During the meal our drinks (water and iced tea) were empty more than they were full (I almost asked to leave the pitchers, there were only 2 of us even). Our main dishes took about 40 minutes to come out after aps and my med-well steak (which I ordered based on previous reports stating undercooked steak) was burnt and dry and past well done.Bummer.
- Magical dining indeedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We participate in September's restaurant annual event to find new places to dine. We had friends from VA and they are picky about food. We loved the choices, the waiter couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful, and when our meals were served, they were plentiful and the presentation was a big thumb's up. Each dish was lovely in both appearance equally with taste. We weren't rushed, the noise was not overwhelming, and the evening was a delight. We'll definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceEdgarDined on 9/18/2014We used the Magical Dining option to visit Big Gin. We found the selection excellent, the food excellent and the service outstanding. Ryan was very knowledgeable and personable. While a bit pricey we will return for special occcasions.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food was subpar for the price. I took my food home to avoid the awkward conversation about the food. Not impressed at all, atmosphere great, service grat, food not so much.Special Features:
- It was not bad but not greatFoodieatheartDined on 9/14/2014Did magical dining. Comparably to others not the greatest quality food. I really enjoy their happy hour menu and will go back for that! Great bar and patio. Lisa was a excellent server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally underwhelmedOrlandoDiner82Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went to Big Fin for our anniversary dinner and were very disappointed in the experience. The atmosphere of the main dining area was fun and energetic (also VERY loud) but we got seated in the boring, plain back room. It was quieter than the main area but not much. The decor was like a totally different restaurant. Plain, dark carpet, and boring walls with only mirrors for decor. It reminded me of the back room of an old supper club (not in a good way). We also felt it was very overpriced for the quality of the food. We don't mind paying more food a good experience and good food but this was neither. The food was bland and we had to send back 1 dish because it was dry and overcooked. We will NOT be going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Fantastic evening. Food was delicious. Best Mahi we ever had. The Ooey Gooey Pie was a really a special treat.Our server was Mike. He was friendly, courteous, professional and very familiar with the menu. We will definitely be returning. We have already recommended Big Fin to some friends.Special Features:
- Great FoodTommcapDined on 9/13/2014We had great food at Big Fins! We ordered the lobster and it was to die for. The dessert and appetizer were also amazing. I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Amazing food, bring ear plugsFirefighterjrDined on 9/13/2014We went to dinner here because of the magical dining month. The menu was great and it looked very nice. The complimentary valet was great. Loved the decorations and layout of the restaurant. Food and service were both awesome! Only complaint is that it was incredibly loud in there. The sound from everyone talking just bounced off the huge walls and ceiling. We had to shout at each other to talk at the table. Kinda disappointing because I really enjoyed the experience, just wish I could have chatted with the people across the table from me.Special Features:
- loveseafoodOurquiettimeDined on 9/13/2014Excellent seafood. Move here after 40 years in Alaska and this seafood is the next best thing to being back there! Our server seemed a bit New but did a good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in OrlandoDaniellePDined on 9/11/2014The service was top notch & professional. The menu is extensive yet not overwhelming. Best oysters & lobster.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointedCPANealDined on 9/11/2014The food is excellent and the facility is top notch. There's an old guy walking around like he owns the place and it turns out he does. He makes sure you have a meal and experience that will bring you back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuguchevaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Realy bad! The food, the service, everything was really bad! We ordered steamed oysters, when they brought them to the table they smelled so bad, like a really dirty public restroom ! We're DANGEROULDY NOT EDIBLE! Overpriced and really bad. This was our first time there, NEVER AGAIN!
- I will not never dine there againIappreciategoodfoodDined on 9/7/2014I was so disappointed in the food! I ordered the shrimp and lobster bisque and there was not a hint of shrimp or lobster in my bowl. I could have gotten just as good out of a can! As a matter of fact it tasted like it was from a can! The filet I ordered had no grilled flavor and the mashed potatoes were cold. I should have listened to others that have gone there and told me that they would not go back! I will not ever go there again! There are so many other restaurants with GOOD food to spend my money at!
- Customer service was good greatLawmanDined on 9/6/2014Was great good service. Good staff good food Sheila was great and Tim parents had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatherineDined on 9/6/2014The Orlando magical dining experience at big fin provides the reason to return again. And we shall and with friends!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceBarbHDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed house salad, lobster bisque, mahi piccata, filet mignon, key lime pie, and ooey-gooey (dessert). The food was all delicious, served at the perfect temperature, and the pace was great. Service was very good - several good suggestions and there just when we needed them.Special Features:
- Over the top service and good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014So happy to see Big Fin on Magical Dining... Sheila was an awesome server and it was great to have the owner and the manager visit our table. The food was delicious, too. I'm looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Fantastic!susieqDined on 9/4/2014Great service and very knowledgeable about the menu from server, Tim. Crab encrusted grouper was exceptional as was the oysters and ahi tuna appetizers. The pomegranate vinaigrette on the house salad was unique and very tasty. We had a hard time deciding what delectable dish to choose, but whatever you order, you will be extremely pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SeafoodRetired1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Big Fin offers the best oysters (especially happy hour) and the freshest seafood around the area. We enjoyed the offerings on the Magical Dining menu, and felt it was the best options available during this month. The wait staff of Chris and Lisa did an outstanding job to make us comfortable in making suggestions. This is a must return to restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused rest with bland entreesJmp593Dined on 9/4/2014We tried this place for the first time as a part of Orlando's Magical Dinning Month. We both had salads for starters and they were pretty good. The entrees were the disappointment. The Mahi Picatta didn't have much sauce or flavor. It was just OK. My Filet Mignon was severely undercooked, rare instead of medium. It came back and it still was only cooked to medium rare. It was sent back for recooking despite being cut into twice as opposed to getting a fresh steak. They ended up comping the filet meal. The restaurant does seem confused as to wether they are fine dinning or casual. They have an outdoor area with a bar and smoking but the inside is nice but decor on the walls and ceiling detracts. Desserts were good and the service was great
- KevsterDined on 9/4/2014I went here last year for my birthday and it was awesome. This year I went for my birthday and when I asked for the magical dining menu everything went downhill from here. Server seemed irritated with us throughout the whole meal. He was with a female server working as a team. When I asked for the Magical Dining Menu ( which is $33 per person) I never saw that girl again. The whole service she never came back. I work at Disney in the F & B department and part of my job is to train new servers and managers in guest service excellence. It's a pity because the restaurant is beautiful and the food awesome but the server really ruined my birthday experience because of their desire for a table that ordered expensive items and not the cheap menu.Special Features:
- CarguyDined on 9/4/2014All aspects of our dining experience were top notch. We enjoyed the Magical Dining menu and were very pleased. The quality of the food was exceptional and the service was as well. We drove over from Titusville and the experience was well worth the time and expense. We generally come over 3-4 times during September and I am pleased that the dining experience is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice wine listTmanDined on 9/2/2014Good food, nice seafood selection, fresh taste. Prices were moderate and the service was pretty good. Love the grilled oysters!Special Features:
- DessertedgamblerDined on 9/2/2014Appetizer and dinner were wonderful, filet was cooked perfectly. However, the dessert, I had was the bread pudding, was terrible. The only good thing about it was the banana, otherwise it was just tasteless, undercooked bread, the sauce didn't even help. Another friend had the ooey, gooey, which was dry, both of us left our desserts.Special Features:
- Fresh seafood!UCFdtDined on 9/1/2014Shellfish was absolutely delicious. Magical dinning menu was well worth it. The shrimp neworleans was fabulous along with the key lime pie. Best oysters in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLovefood69Dined on 9/1/2014Excellent food I ate the filet mignon and it was so tender and juicy I also had a lobster tail which was delicious the service is OK she kept me waiting to many times and the prices of food could stand to come down at least 15 percent to make people want to come back more often instead of just special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fin Was A Big DudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014We selected Big Fin to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary which was stated in the reservation. When we arrived we were greeted with the wrong dining party's information and no mention of our anniversary. Our table had no decorations and nothing was done or given to make our experience memorable. We have had past celebrations at Capital Grille, Morton's & Eddie V's where the table was decorated with rose petals, we were given a champaign toast and we were greeted with anniversary wishes upon our arrival. We have dined at Big Fin many times previously and have enjoyed the food, but that was not our experience this visit. The quality of the food has gone down. Needless to say, Big Fin has been removed from our list of dining selections!
- Seafood Delight!!GinnycDined on 8/31/2014Great seafood but be ready to pay top dollar at restaurant row. The oysters were nice and cold, the Shrimp Orleans was seasoned perfectly. There were 8 colossal size shrimp, and a side of crawfish and grits. The bread pudding was more than I could eat but still good. At $33 it was a good value. Service was excellent thanks to Chris. I would go back but I would definitely be looking for specials like their Monday lobster for $17.Special Features:
- AJJGDined on 8/29/2014The oysters were excellent. But, the shrimp Orleans was too spicy for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 101ilovetoeatDined on 8/28/2014Restaurant was very big , very open, no atmosphere, food VERY AVERAGE and over priced.Special Features:
- Experience of a lifetimeSanCariocaDined on 8/26/2014We were visiting from Brazil, and my wife had never eaten a really Big Maine lobster before. I emailed Big Fin via OpenTable prior to our arrival and the awesome Mallory arranged everything for us. We had a 5lb locutor in a ninho where everyone from the restaurante was Wonder fui. It was our 20th Marriage Anniversary and a night to remember. Special Thanks to Mike and the Chef Will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!TckewlDined on 8/26/2014The food was awesome and so was the service!!! The menu was exciting and had lots of choices...there was something for everyone! Can't wait to go back because there are several things we want to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner. We will return !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014First time there. Seafood was very fresh. Lots of great items to pick from. Loved the oysters appetizer too. Key lime pie for dessert was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedMVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great menu. Oysters were delicious and nicely presented. My wife's Lobster Scampi pasta was delicious too. My Jerk Seared Scallops were good, but didn't tingle my taste buds with the bold expectations of a spicy dish. It would be worthwhile to return.Special Features:
- Awesome as Always...........SamIamDined on 8/21/2014This is my go-to place for taking clients out when they come to town and want seafood. It is consistently excellent in every aspect and all my clients put it on their keeper list. While a bit pricey, Big Fin never disappoints on service, the quality (and quantity) of excellent seafood. The calamari is always a big hit for an appetizer and the lobster bisque is smooth, creamy and delicious.Special Features: