Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigdaddysnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 677-2004
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Siry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side
It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night munchies! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side - Best Restaurants in Upper West Side ›
Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Decent comfort foodhblu2002Dined on 11/23/2014Recently went with my family. Kids enjoyed the pancake. Tots were good although not hot enough. The bacon is inaccurately called thick bacon. Overall decent place and would return if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunTravellerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Throwback diner like. Lots of fun big portions very kid friendly did i mention fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy Daughter DateJuanitaDined on 11/14/2014I took my dad here for a Friday night. He loves burgers wings and fries. We got there early for happy hour and got beer and the chili. I was able to order salad while dad got his onion rings and burger. The music was AWESOME 60S 70S music and they had trivia on every table and we played a few round . Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uwsdaveVIPDined on 11/9/2014We enjoy Big Daddy's, especially when we want to do a larger family gathering as the menu offers options for all ages. We've also done their take out and been more than satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!jlw54VIPDined on 11/8/2014This place is the best! I have brought friends twice and also ordered delivery several times. I have never had a bad experience- the servers are friendly, helpful and attentive. The menu is extensive and is very unique (eg Oreo filled pancakes) and the food is delicious! The ambience is so much fun for groups- especially girls' brunches! Bright colors, fun music, unique decor, and a friendly, fun staff. Be sure to try the tater tots, the cookie dough pancakes, the alcohol-infused milkshakes, the unlimited boozy brunch, the regular milkshakes, and the cookie dough and Oreo pancakes. If I could live in this place, I would:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjen99Dined on 10/19/2014Our waitress was outstanding and the place had a really nice retro diner vibe without being insanely loud. We had lots of room at our table and the atmosphere was upbeat and friendly with great 80s music playing. The food was really good diner favorites. All around, a great brunch spot for families with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Came for the boozy brunch. Average diner, average food (actually they were really accommodating with substitutions but they didn't get the sunny side up eggs right - turned out more to be fried eggs), average service.Special Features:
- Good but slowSGK10023VIPDined on 9/26/2014I always expect a place catering to kids to have fast service, but there was a lot of waiting and no crayons and paper given to the kids! But the food is yummy and very well-priced especially if you go in one of the deal times, between 4 and 7pm. Also the half priced fried chicken on fridays is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by service!!!BebaDined on 9/14/2014Usually this place is great place for brunch, especially if you bring your kids along! Our waitress was not attentive, nor provided solutions for items not available. How do you tell children there is no ice cream available, but you continued to bring out milkshakes to other guests?Special Features:
- Take yr out of town relativesHappyLoneDinerDined on 8/27/2014They serve the kind of happy fun food items that are not found in NYC much anymore. Learn a server by name and you will be treated well. Otherwise, be prepared to wait for your-reservation and its preparation. They are nice to kids and don't rush y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid DinerTravelingCAGirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014Big Daddy's is a solid diner, with good food. Had Sunday breakfast here. We had a reservation but we're running early and they were able to seat us without a problem. Waitress was very nice. Country sausage and tots were the stand outs on my plate. Tots were perfectly crispy. Hubby's chicken and waffles must have been good - they disappeared very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladylibra079Dined on 8/14/2014It was an OK experience the food took to long and it wasn't really crowded. The best part was the milkshakes they were really good.Special Features:
- Fun place!LorivDined on 8/9/2014My sister and I took our children there for dinner - what a great place! The food was delicious, and I would highly recommend the milkshakes and tater tots!!! Fun place for the family or friends for breakfast lunch or dinner… Decorations are old-fashioned so adults can reminisce about growing up. We all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get what you pay forNYCRockerVIPDined on 8/8/2014What you get at Big Daddy's is some pop culture ambience; other that you don't get much. The service staff have a high change over rate so it's hard to get consistent service; but the main problem with Big Daddy's is the food. For the prices they charge, the food should be A LOT better. It's basically truck stop food with NYC prices. $20 for a basket of over fried, unseasoned chicken is hardly worth it. The ONLY saving grace at Big Daddy's are the shakes. That they do right.Special Features:
- Great !!!Shopaholic789Dined on 8/1/2014This place was just great I plan ok going again soon!!! No bad comments about this place they are clean,fast and fun !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side reviews archive.
- key lime shakejauerDined on 6/30/2014and mini burgers make the world go round. stylish, vibrant, fun interior, cool waiters and ex-cel-lent food.
- Was okaylampasDined on 6/20/2014Not for a foodie, but the atmosphere is a plus to most kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute burger jointdiningwithkidsVIPDined on 6/15/2014Usually order delivery, but came with family on Father's Day. It was a nice experience, good music playing, TVs on with World Cup. Staff was friendly and patient with my kids ordering their food. Food was generic but better than average. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Awesome!spiderguyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Excellent pancake selection, and the mango-strawberry-banana smoothie was large and DELICIOUS. No complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken FridayBetsyVIPDined on 5/16/2014We went for fried chicken Friday at big daddies. The fried chicken is less than $10 on Fridays. As always, it was excellent. We asked for the fries to be extra crispy and they were. I would recommend going for the fried chicken Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun w/ good foodLA101VIPDined on 5/11/2014The decoration is fun and festive with TVs and memorabilia for all ages. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The shakes are amazing and the kids love them. The menu is limited with breakfast, sandwich, salad and burger selections - not much for the health conscious which is why I recommend it for kid friendly and ambiance, not for the food. As a family place, there is something for everyone to enjoy and eat.Special Features:
- Would not recommendSeriousfoodieDined on 5/4/2014I made a reservation that apparently was not honored. We waited a 1/2 hour for our table and was told 2 different stories by the manager and hostess about why we could not be seated. Once we were seated, it took 1/2 to take our order and over 1/2 to get it. We had to send back 3 out of the six orders because they got it wrong. When we finally got our bill, the bill was also incorrect. Very poor customer service and the manger was useless and did not apologize for our poor dining experience! Our waiter was nice but clearly overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationHazeleyesDined on 4/24/2014Second time at this establishment I went because of complimentary birthday treat. My cheeseburger wasn't great, kind of dry. The birthday cake shake was good. My cousin had to send back her French fries due to them tasting stale. Waitress bought out a freshly made batch which was way better. I dined about 945 pm. This experience was lagging in comparison to my visit there 2 years prior. Would I likely go back there ? Maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgerlicious!!TwinkTwink01Dined on 4/24/2014I have 4 stars for the food and ambience alone. The service was average, no silverware when we were seated. We had to ask for them after our food arrived. It took about 3 mins to get them. We had to ask for napkins. The waitress was nice but on the slow side when it came to service and it was only 3 parties dining at the time. However, I would visit again because the burgers and French toast are awesome and the place is super for kids. My two kids loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Daddy's fan!FrancheskaDined on 4/18/2014I went with my 12 year old cousin and bestfriend. We decided to reserve a table to guarantee our seats upon arrival. We ordered from this enormous menu. Ordering was fun because the foods had amusing names such as lord of the fries. The food did take a while but we weren't in a rush. When our food arrived we had to ask for napkins unlike everyone else. The food was great, I ordered the Grand Daddy and fries. The atmosphere was great! We had lots of fun. The only con was that I really wanted a sundae at the end of my meal and they had run out of vanilla ice cream but I got an Oreo smoothie that was worth every pennie. Since it was half off it only cost me $3.50. I am definitely coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Price/Half ServiceHilNYCVIPDined on 4/5/2014I was looking forward to using my Big Daddy's birthday coupon but was really disappointed with the experience. While I appreciate servers and bus boys wanting to clear plates, ASK first before you grab them while asking "are you done?" It's rude to assume someone is done and then put your hands on something still being used. This happened THREE times with three different people. A server, a bus boy and I believe a manager. Also, dressing on the side doesn't mean have dressing in salad and then bring more on the side. And when you order an appetizer, bring it before the meal not with. Just a series of poor executions during this visit. The only positive is that we paid half price. But does that mean, half service?
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014First time in the place my wife's cousin suggested this place to meet up and have brunch since I've mentioned that I wanted to have French toast. Went on line to make the reservation we were 6 adults and 4 kids the website gave me the choice for 10 people and When I went to order it; it kept telling me that the party was to big. Finally it took for 7. When we got there the manager couldn't find the Reservation and told me because I made it on line. the food was cold and French toast saggy
- Kid friendlyMomwife1Dined on 3/15/2014If you are looking for an old style dinner with great food and dessert then this is the place to be. It has awesome burgers and other things on the menu. The menu is geared for children as well. They have fun whimsical things on the menu. The desserts are different and awesome. The kids loved this place. They were amazed by the lights and wonderful. The adults were amazed by all the old time logos that we found around the restaurant. The adults also loved the music. Awesome fun place for the whole family!!!!!! Third time there and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014I was with a large group. The waitstaff did a great job of accommodating us, unfortunately we were so big and loud we got put in what is lovingly called "the sauna" which is in the top corner of the restaurant. It was great that we were able to laugh and joke without disturbing each other. The bottomless brunch is awesome and the food was delicious. We were even allowed to have our last brunch drink outside becasue it was a nice day. Great for friends that are kids at heart! I always bring a couple of dollars cash for the candy station. Love Big Daddys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service. Great milk shake.GooseDined on 3/7/2014It is a shame that the restaurant was understaffed. I bet it would have been a 3-4 star time with better organization.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestmrlsnycDined on 2/21/2014Overpriced Diner Food. Nothing special. Our server, Brandon, seemed annoyed the entire time he was at our table (or anywhere in the restaurant). Not one "Thank you" or "Can I get you anything else?" Not a pleasant man. I won't be going to back again.Special Features:
- Kid FriendlyMatthewRorkDined on 12/28/2013My kids and I ate at the Upper East Side location during the summer. The entire family planned a trip to NYC following christmas they only wanted to go to Big Daddy's so we chose the Upper West Side location. Great scene with the Retro design. Good food. Fantastic shakes.Special Features:
- Great place. Really colorfulsherryDined on 12/21/2013Great place. Really colorful retro decor. Staff very friendly and the food was really tasty and cheesy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of FunOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2013The restaurant is fun, the food is very good and the servers couldn't be nicer. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmospherefoodieforeverDined on 11/2/2013This is a very cute place with 50s decor. The food was good diner fare with adorable names. We had breakfast on a Saturday morning at 9, and it was easy to get a table, although it was starting to fill up by the time we left at 10. Definitely kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for fried chicken Friday.BetsyVIPDined on 10/4/2013Went for fried chicken Friday. Not as flavorful as the last time we had been there -it seems as though the recipe has changed. Still very good but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!TneckMOMVIPDined on 9/21/2013What a great find on the Upper West Side! BIG DADDY'S is eclectic, fun, and has excellent food to boot. We had brunch there today and enjoyed yummy challah French toast, Eggs Benedict, and yummy omelets! I will definitely bring friends back to this place, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Service was a little slow and the the fact that the air conditioner wasn't working on a rather hot day didn't help matters much.Special Features:
- Solid for the kids...GmanVIPDined on 8/14/2013I had a friend in from Italy with his family... Great place to get a shake and a burger with a VERY kid friendly menu.. We were still able to have an adult beverage and his kids loved it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmosphereDoodleyDined on 8/11/2013I selected this place for the menu and fun atmosphere. The waiter was great. He was singing tunes everytime he walked by. The only criticism was you had to purchase breafast meat separate if you ordered pancakes, waffles or omelettes so it got to be a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.