Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigdaddysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126772004
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Siry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side
It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night munchies! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side - Best Restaurants in Upper West Side ›
Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Solid DinerTravelingCAGirlVIPDined on 8/24/2014Big Daddy's is a solid diner, with good food. Had Sunday breakfast here. We had a reservation but we're running early and they were able to seat us without a problem. Waitress was very nice. Country sausage and tots were the stand outs on my plate. Tots were perfectly crispy. Hubby's chicken and waffles must have been good - they disappeared very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladylibra079Dined on 8/14/2014It was an OK experience the food took to long and it wasn't really crowded. The best part was the milkshakes they were really good.Special Features:
- Fun place!LorivDined on 8/9/2014My sister and I took our children there for dinner - what a great place! The food was delicious, and I would highly recommend the milkshakes and tater tots!!! Fun place for the family or friends for breakfast lunch or dinner… Decorations are old-fashioned so adults can reminisce about growing up. We all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get what you pay forNYCRockerVIPDined on 8/8/2014What you get at Big Daddy's is some pop culture ambience; other that you don't get much. The service staff have a high change over rate so it's hard to get consistent service; but the main problem with Big Daddy's is the food. For the prices they charge, the food should be A LOT better. It's basically truck stop food with NYC prices. $20 for a basket of over fried, unseasoned chicken is hardly worth it. The ONLY saving grace at Big Daddy's are the shakes. That they do right.Special Features:
- Great !!!Shopaholic789Dined on 8/1/2014This place was just great I plan ok going again soon!!! No bad comments about this place they are clean,fast and fun !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- key lime shakejauerDined on 6/30/2014and mini burgers make the world go round. stylish, vibrant, fun interior, cool waiters and ex-cel-lent food.
- Was okaylampasDined on 6/20/2014Not for a foodie, but the atmosphere is a plus to most kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute burger jointdiningwithkidsVIPDined on 6/15/2014Usually order delivery, but came with family on Father's Day. It was a nice experience, good music playing, TVs on with World Cup. Staff was friendly and patient with my kids ordering their food. Food was generic but better than average. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Awesome!spiderguyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Excellent pancake selection, and the mango-strawberry-banana smoothie was large and DELICIOUS. No complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken FridayBetsyVIPDined on 5/16/2014We went for fried chicken Friday at big daddies. The fried chicken is less than $10 on Fridays. As always, it was excellent. We asked for the fries to be extra crispy and they were. I would recommend going for the fried chicken Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun w/ good foodLA101Dined on 5/11/2014The decoration is fun and festive with TVs and memorabilia for all ages. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The shakes are amazing and the kids love them. The menu is limited with breakfast, sandwich, salad and burger selections - not much for the health conscious which is why I recommend it for kid friendly and ambiance, not for the food. As a family place, there is something for everyone to enjoy and eat.Special Features:
- Would not recommendSeriousfoodieDined on 5/4/2014I made a reservation that apparently was not honored. We waited a 1/2 hour for our table and was told 2 different stories by the manager and hostess about why we could not be seated. Once we were seated, it took 1/2 to take our order and over 1/2 to get it. We had to send back 3 out of the six orders because they got it wrong. When we finally got our bill, the bill was also incorrect. Very poor customer service and the manger was useless and did not apologize for our poor dining experience! Our waiter was nice but clearly overwhelmed.Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Big Daddy’s – Upper West Side reviews archive.
- Birthday celebrationHazeleyesDined on 4/24/2014Second time at this establishment I went because of complimentary birthday treat. My cheeseburger wasn't great, kind of dry. The birthday cake shake was good. My cousin had to send back her French fries due to them tasting stale. Waitress bought out a freshly made batch which was way better. I dined about 945 pm. This experience was lagging in comparison to my visit there 2 years prior. Would I likely go back there ? Maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgerlicious!!TwinkTwink01Dined on 4/24/2014I have 4 stars for the food and ambience alone. The service was average, no silverware when we were seated. We had to ask for them after our food arrived. It took about 3 mins to get them. We had to ask for napkins. The waitress was nice but on the slow side when it came to service and it was only 3 parties dining at the time. However, I would visit again because the burgers and French toast are awesome and the place is super for kids. My two kids loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Daddy's fan!FrancheskaDined on 4/18/2014I went with my 12 year old cousin and bestfriend. We decided to reserve a table to guarantee our seats upon arrival. We ordered from this enormous menu. Ordering was fun because the foods had amusing names such as lord of the fries. The food did take a while but we weren't in a rush. When our food arrived we had to ask for napkins unlike everyone else. The food was great, I ordered the Grand Daddy and fries. The atmosphere was great! We had lots of fun. The only con was that I really wanted a sundae at the end of my meal and they had run out of vanilla ice cream but I got an Oreo smoothie that was worth every pennie. Since it was half off it only cost me $3.50. I am definitely coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Price/Half ServiceHilNYCVIPDined on 4/5/2014I was looking forward to using my Big Daddy's birthday coupon but was really disappointed with the experience. While I appreciate servers and bus boys wanting to clear plates, ASK first before you grab them while asking "are you done?" It's rude to assume someone is done and then put your hands on something still being used. This happened THREE times with three different people. A server, a bus boy and I believe a manager. Also, dressing on the side doesn't mean have dressing in salad and then bring more on the side. And when you order an appetizer, bring it before the meal not with. Just a series of poor executions during this visit. The only positive is that we paid half price. But does that mean, half service?
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014First time in the place my wife's cousin suggested this place to meet up and have brunch since I've mentioned that I wanted to have French toast. Went on line to make the reservation we were 6 adults and 4 kids the website gave me the choice for 10 people and When I went to order it; it kept telling me that the party was to big. Finally it took for 7. When we got there the manager couldn't find the Reservation and told me because I made it on line. the food was cold and French toast saggy
- Kid friendlyMomwife1Dined on 3/15/2014If you are looking for an old style dinner with great food and dessert then this is the place to be. It has awesome burgers and other things on the menu. The menu is geared for children as well. They have fun whimsical things on the menu. The desserts are different and awesome. The kids loved this place. They were amazed by the lights and wonderful. The adults were amazed by all the old time logos that we found around the restaurant. The adults also loved the music. Awesome fun place for the whole family!!!!!! Third time there and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014I was with a large group. The waitstaff did a great job of accommodating us, unfortunately we were so big and loud we got put in what is lovingly called "the sauna" which is in the top corner of the restaurant. It was great that we were able to laugh and joke without disturbing each other. The bottomless brunch is awesome and the food was delicious. We were even allowed to have our last brunch drink outside becasue it was a nice day. Great for friends that are kids at heart! I always bring a couple of dollars cash for the candy station. Love Big Daddys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service. Great milk shake.GooseDined on 3/7/2014It is a shame that the restaurant was understaffed. I bet it would have been a 3-4 star time with better organization.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestmrlsnycDined on 2/21/2014Overpriced Diner Food. Nothing special. Our server, Brandon, seemed annoyed the entire time he was at our table (or anywhere in the restaurant). Not one "Thank you" or "Can I get you anything else?" Not a pleasant man. I won't be going to back again.Special Features:
- Kid FriendlyMatthewRorkDined on 12/28/2013My kids and I ate at the Upper East Side location during the summer. The entire family planned a trip to NYC following christmas they only wanted to go to Big Daddy's so we chose the Upper West Side location. Great scene with the Retro design. Good food. Fantastic shakes.Special Features:
- Great place. Really colorfulsherryDined on 12/21/2013Great place. Really colorful retro decor. Staff very friendly and the food was really tasty and cheesy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of FunOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2013The restaurant is fun, the food is very good and the servers couldn't be nicer. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmospherefoodieforeverDined on 11/2/2013This is a very cute place with 50s decor. The food was good diner fare with adorable names. We had breakfast on a Saturday morning at 9, and it was easy to get a table, although it was starting to fill up by the time we left at 10. Definitely kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for fried chicken Friday.BetsyVIPDined on 10/4/2013Went for fried chicken Friday. Not as flavorful as the last time we had been there -it seems as though the recipe has changed. Still very good but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!TneckMOMVIPDined on 9/21/2013What a great find on the Upper West Side! BIG DADDY'S is eclectic, fun, and has excellent food to boot. We had brunch there today and enjoyed yummy challah French toast, Eggs Benedict, and yummy omelets! I will definitely bring friends back to this place, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Service was a little slow and the the fact that the air conditioner wasn't working on a rather hot day didn't help matters much.Special Features:
- Solid for the kids...GmanVIPDined on 8/14/2013I had a friend in from Italy with his family... Great place to get a shake and a burger with a VERY kid friendly menu.. We were still able to have an adult beverage and his kids loved it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmosphereDoodleyDined on 8/11/2013I selected this place for the menu and fun atmosphere. The waiter was great. He was singing tunes everytime he walked by. The only criticism was you had to purchase breafast meat separate if you ordered pancakes, waffles or omelettes so it got to be a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diner experienceRuthDined on 8/10/2013In keeping with the image of a diner, Big Daddy's piles on the food and it is great. I went for breakfast and had a wonderful meal from a great, unique selection of items. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, and sitting outside gives you plenty of opportunity to people watch while you get your fill.Special Features:
- This is a cute, retro 70sSugarhillDined on 8/3/2013This is a cute, retro 70s diner with fun memorabilia to look at while you eat. It's kid friendly with very large portions. The tater tots were very good too.Special Features:
- Cheaper version of SerendipityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/21/2013If you're finding a hard time to get a reservation at Serendipity, go to Big Daddy's. They basically have the same menu and even feature the famous Serendipity Frozen hot chocolate. The menu is quite large and it's great for your pocket.Special Features:
- Too loud for me!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2013Though the staff was very friendly the restaurant was too faux fun for me. Really large portions (too large) of mediocre food. Good place for families with energetic kids.Special Features:
- What a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2013Absolutely love this diner. Food was great, service excellent and great value for money. Great menu.Special Features:
- SolidSecondFloorDined on 6/26/2013Need a place with the kids, maybe a group of them? This is it. Decent options for kids, though kids' meal is pricey ($10). Regular food is in enormous portions, so you could potentially share. It's a solid when diner-y food for all is needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DECOR GREAT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013WENT TO BIG DADDYS FOR FATHERS DAY WITH THE FAMILY, THE KIDS LOVED THE COLORFUL DECOR, AND THE FOOD AND SHAKES WERE DELICIOUS!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placepenguin23Dined on 5/12/2013We went here for Mother's Day. The restaurant was clean, great selection from the menu. The staff was friendly. I have nothing bad to say about Big Daddy's Upper West Side. i will recommend it to others and i will be sure to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servers need better personalitiesshirleyDined on 5/9/2013Server was told ahead of time it was my daughters 11th bday but he was inattentive. We had to return the order twice since server didn't understand that condiments on the side meant (in my terms at least) not in the dish, but rather on the side. Server never asked if we needed anything during the course and was quick to deliver the check without asking if we wanted dessert, we went elsewhere for celebratory dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, relaxing yet priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2013We chose to eat at Big Daddys because we had some business to attend to near by and because the restaurant gives air miles to registered customers. We split an order of waffles and got a side of bacon and one scrambled egg on the side. The portion size of the waffles was extremely generous, so splitting an order gave each of us plenty. The bacon was okay, perhaps a bit overcooked. The egg tasted like it was poured from a carton. The coffee was very very good. I was charged me $4.00 for the egg. By comparison it would have probably been a dollar of maybe two if we had gotten it at a diner. Tha bacon was $5.00, also a bit high for a side but it was more worth the money. It's seems like a good place to bring children.Special Features: