Big Daddy's - Upper East Side
1596 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Big Daddy's - Upper East Side
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigdaddysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127172020
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner: Sunday -Thursday: 11:00am-11:00pm; Friday- Saturday 11am-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Siry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Big Daddy's - Upper East Side
It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night munchies! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Big Daddy's - Upper East Side reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (3)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Tasty Comfort Food!scottyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Delicious food, VERY friendly service that was more than attentive... Only noticeable issue is that the portions seems a bit skimpy for the price point... "Thick Cut" bacon side seemed to look no different than the basic thin cut served in diners everywhere.Special Features:
- Always GoodLivCloseByVIPDined on 8/8/2014We go to Big Daddy's several times a year. The food is great, especially good is the fried chicken on the chicken and waffles selection. I high recommend it!Special Features:
- A Fun Time!FlyFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014I took my Goddaughters here for an late lunch/early dinner on Saturday. The decor is fantastic -- there's great 60s/70s memorabilia displayed all over the walls, and the booths and counters make you feel like you stepped straight onto a scene from Happy Days. The service was really good also. Our waiter Tyrone makes a mean milkshake! I had the Cookie Monster shake which was out of this world! We all had burgers w/fries and milkshakes. I had a Turkey Burger that was huge (a little too big for my taste) but nicely seasoned. All in all, we had a very good experience at Big Daddy's. I would recommend for families or a lunch/brunch date.Special Features:
- Fun, Retro, Nostalgic Diningjsp506VIPDined on 5/24/2014This place is a blast! Stepping into the restaurant reminds you of all the things you loved as a kid. The menu (while probably a little to extensive) is full of themed dishes and pun-filled names. I recommend going here for brunch. Great spot for kids, but they don't forget about the adults. They have everything from milkshakes to beer to bloody marys. I highly recommend checking out this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martVIPDined on 5/16/2014good everything is fine good everything was fine everything was fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for Kidsdavid2Dined on 5/9/2014Fun burger and shake shop. Lots of fun for the kids and a stroll down pop culture memory lane for the adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the Big Daddy's - Upper East Side reviews archive.
- Gluten free optionKesaDined on 4/13/2014They have Gluten free pancakes which made our daughter so happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bang for your buckSfeschrichDined on 3/30/2014I was very pleasantly surprised by the menu and quality of food at Big Daddy's. Usually when you head to a chain-diner, you don't expect a high quality but are prioritizing cheaper prices, no waits, comfort food on the menu, etc. Big Daddy's offers all of this along with a huge menu and great tasting food, no matter what you order. Service was fine. We loved everything we ordered - burgers, omelets, fries/tater tots, and especially the monkey bread. It rivaled my own and it takes a lot for me to admit that! Big Daddy's is a refreshing spot for brunch, lunch, whatever you want (I think this is an outstanding choice for late-night too) compared to a lot of your Manhattan choices. Reliable quality, clean restaurant, huge menu, great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as i remembereddeepBlueDined on 3/9/2014i liked it the first time around or at least i thought. but not a big fan anymore.
- Nobody was friendly from theOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/1/2014Nobody was friendly from the check in to the waiter.... Food was ok but nothing special. We would not go back.
- great food &great servicemaqinoDined on 2/17/2014We had reservations for a group of 14 and showed up with 17. They accomodated us and we were able to seat us right away. Service was fast, accurate and friendly. Would definitely return here! We spent the weekend on a mission trip from Buffalo,NY to Jan Hus Presbyterian Church on 74th helping to feed the hungry and clothe the homeless. After a long and tiring (but very rewarding) weekend, a great meal at Big Daddy's was the perfect way to end our trip. Thanks again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Daddy's Delivers!kathyggDined on 2/16/2014Big Daddy's on the Upper East Side was a fun, enjoyable dining experience. Think, Diner on acid! We went for a late breakfast ( breakfast is served all day.) The menu offered many unique options. My son devoured the bacon pancakes! Service was speedy and very helpful. There was no wait time to be seated. The decor was fun and creative. A flashback experience for anyone who grew up in the 70's or 80's! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funfancienanDined on 1/18/2014We had a group of 13 (3 families) and it was a great time. The kids loved hearing the parents reminisce about the 80's! The food was good and timely (not always possible when dining with a large group). Servers were great and the beer was good, could have been colder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Diner in ManhatranVanmvpDined on 1/1/2014Feels like you are back in the 50's. Great burgers, shakes, etc. Must try the Mac 'n Cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun with a big groupjanne232Dined on 1/1/2014Went back 2 weekends in a row. The mismatch vintage decor here was fabulous. They have a great boozy brunch and all of the classic dinner food you might want. So many options - good options. Except the smoothies, those were not the best. But everything else was. The service was a little slow, but I was there with a big group and we all wanted to catch up, so it was actually nice to be able to stay longer. And they didn't rush us out, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for group breakfastKelfDined on 12/28/2013We came here with a group of friends (11 people) before the Pinstripe Bowl. The portion sizes are large, prices are 'city-reasonable', and the all-you-can-drink mimosas, screwdrivers and bloody marys were just what we were looking for. Overall, it is a good place for a boozy breakfast if you are looking for a place that takes reservations for a group, even on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NUT FREE GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013This is a wonderful fun place for kids w nut allergies as the menu is completely nut free thanks to the owner. Having a milkshake is a treat for my child with severe nut allergies so he loves dining here. The menu is fun, kid friendly and tasty! We highly recommend….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun diner food, fun atmosphereMamaBeanDined on 11/29/2013We come to Big Daddy's often when we are in the city. On this occasion, we had a table of 7 (2 kids and a teenager included). It was happy hour (4-7 weekdays), so half price drinks and appetizers-- YUM. Eat the cheese tots. Seriously. Eat them. They have a nice selection of large salads (and a veggie burger and veggie wrap, which are really good...I am a vegetarian) and plenty of sandwiches, plus a selection of entrees and desserts (delicious milkshakes!), which make up a diverse menu sure to please. Portions are large. Trivial Pursuit cards on the tables and singable music piped in the restaurant make waiting for your food part of the experience. If you're looking for a fun decades-themed diner, try Big Daddy's. I think you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationCarodjamesDined on 11/22/2013Came to just have a birthday dinner with my family. It accommodated the two babies perfectly, and then it was just me and two other adults. The table was fully extended so I felt a little far away from everyone, but we all fit with the stroller out of the way so that was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesBarryBVIPDined on 11/3/2013Super energy at this place. Great food and service. It was a little too loud, but not enough to ruin my time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No frills, good, huge portionseggyVIPDined on 10/5/2013Went here for brunch. There was something for everyone. Not superb, but good, solid, comfort-type breakfast food. Omelet was excellent with fresh vegetables, tater tots tasty. Burger fine but nothing special. Those with french toast and pancakes were happy. They take reservations which is really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Daddy's Diner is a greatMomo3Dined on 8/28/2013Big Daddy's Diner is a great casual lunch spot when the occasion calls for a little fun. There is plenty of 70s and 80s TV and film memorabilia to keep diners occupied while waiting for food. This is not haute cuisine, just regular diner style food -- maybe not quite regular-- there is some imagination shown by the chef. I would recommend Big Daddy's for children or adults wanting a casual bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky Fifties decor. HumourousOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/2/2013Funky Fifties decor. Humourous menu and very well-prepared. Good brunch place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013This is an informal "diner style" restaurant that our family likes because it has some good vegetarian choices, nice omelettes, salads and frozen daiquiris. Servers are young but enthusiastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAwesomeDined on 5/23/2013Came for brunch and ate waaaaaayyyyy too much! Good portions and polite staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Food was mediocre. My burger had a strange gas like taste. They advertise tots, but they were out of them, which was a big disappointment. Milk shake was goodSpecial Features:
- Good for dining with kids.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/14/2013Good for dining with kids. Prices are on the high side for a diner. Fun decor.Special Features:
- This is a neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2013This is a neighborhood favorite of our daughter. We go often. It's a friendly "diner" style place.Special Features:
- It really depends on whatImafoodieVIPDined on 3/31/2013It really depends on what you eat here. I ordered one of their big salads for 14.50 and it turned out to be just a huge plate of lettuce with not much else. I had to ask for the goat cheese which was missing and it just seemed too overpriced for what it was... and not even that good. My friend had the turkey burger which I've had in the past. That is good and they give a generous portion. This is a good place to bring kids and also a good place for teens. I was disappointed with their salad.Special Features:
- Please bring back Turkey Meatloaf!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2013Menu is not what it used to be. They should bring back the turkey meatloaf! We had burgers this time, and our burgers were not cooked as we had asked - med came out very well done, and turkey bacon was regular bacon (note this if you keep Kosher). Service also isn't what it used to be. Much better options for the cost here. There was a reason it was empty at 12:30!
- just pitiful -- possibly bearableChuckkVIPDined on 3/9/2013just pitiful -- possibly bearable if you have kids with you, but there are still better choices ---- like McDonald's
- It was a fun place to go withMLK17VIPDined on 3/3/2013It was a fun place to go with my teenage children. Would recommend.!Special Features:
- You definitely need to trykattyr3Dined on 2/24/2013You definitely need to try the sweet potato tots! service was only so so but the food was great!Special Features:
- filled with kids, almost alwaysSalsplaceDined on 2/6/2013filled with kids, almost always but the food is good (typical diner style dishes). Their brunch drink special is good and worth the price. I love their burgers but they recently changed their fries :(Special Features:
- Bring your ear plugs!!! ThisSalsplaceDined on 2/6/2013Bring your ear plugs!!! This place is always loud on the weekends, it's a very kid friendly place but also has a very good adult beverage menu. I've only had the burgers here and I can honestly say they're fantastic!Special Features:
- I found Big Daddy's onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I found Big Daddy's online while searching for a different kind of restaurant and away from where I live to celebrate my 50th birthday. After finding Big Daddy's online and looking at the menu, I was impressed with the many types of dishes they offered. Both my friends and I enjoyed everything, we came all the way from NJ, and one of my friends said the burger she ate was one of the BEST she ever had. We will return! KUDOS to Big Daddy's!!!! Debbie from NJSpecial Features:
- Meal was great. Manager wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Meal was great. Manager was great. Burgers were slamming and tater tots off the hook. Will go back. Thanks a lotSpecial Features:
- This is a great place forImafoodieVIPDined on 12/16/2012This is a great place for adolescents and remiscent of old time 50's soda shoppes. We each had their turkey burger which was moist, tasty and filling. Their wait staff is very friendly and courteous. They seem to enjoy working there. This is a kid friendly place that can get very noisy but that's great if you like or have kids.Special Features:
- This is just a fun place toftsmjsVIPDined on 12/2/2012This is just a fun place to eat. Food is good but not for those on a diet. Milkshakes are awesome so are the burgers.Special Features:
- The food had no taste. OnlyLklkayDined on 11/25/2012The food had no taste. Only the French fries and tater tots were good. Waitress was very sweetSpecial Features: