Big Daddy's - Gramercy Park
239 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Big Daddy's - Gramercy Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigdaddysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2124771500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:00am Saturday - Sunday: 24 Hours Sunday close at 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Siry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Big Daddy's - Gramercy Park
It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night munchies! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Big Daddy's - Gramercy Park - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
Big Daddy's - Gramercy Park reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (32)great for brunch (20)good for groups (20)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (8)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)romantic (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/26/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a diner.Special Features:
- Awesome timefoodie4lifeDined on 8/11/2014The food was great, the decor was great and, in general, I had an overall great experience!Special Features:
- Good place for kidsPamelaDined on 7/25/2014We had a group of 8 adults and 3 young children and they were able to accommodate us in an upstairs area that we had all to ourselves. The food was good but unfortunately, they had issues in the kitchen that meant a long delay in receiving our food and a few in our group had to wait even longer. The waiter was apologetic and they did take a large amount off of our bill plus gave us Big Daddy coupons for our next visit.Special Features:
- great birthday servicearchieDined on 7/23/2014It was our sons 10th birthday and he was treated like a star, lovely personal touches, great food, brilliant atmosphere, they made it a truly memorable birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014My friends and I were pleasantly surprised to have come across Big Daddy's for our Saturday brunch. Everyone was pleased with his or her meal selection. The food was slow in arriving since the kitchen was backed up but was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast SpotbmerrymanDined on 7/13/2014The waiter was very helpful and friendly and the menu is fun and has a ton of options. I ordered the Three Amigos Burrito and it was delicious. The prices are also very reasonable for the amount of food you receive. I took half my burrito home and enjoyed it the following morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageMelPDined on 7/11/2014The service here was great, our server was very friendly and polite. tater tots are very good definitely recommend w.cheese dip. The mozzarella sticks are good too. The burgers were very tasty, flavorful and cooked just the way we asked. highlights definitely had to be the cocktail milkshakes though. had the ralph macchiato which was perfect, not too strong and not weak. It was delicious. My boyfriend had the cookies and cream with vodka which was a little stronger but still great. only complaint was the onion rings, one bite and my mouth was filled with cold oil, you could see it right on the rings, they were doused in oil. Otherwise, the ambiance is good, very retro - kind of like a cooler and more adult johnny rockets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free!Bobaki62VIPDined on 7/5/2014Such a pleasure to find gluten free options while traveling (waffles, pancakes and burger buns). Was SO happy to enjoy a great burger, and all the staff were delightful. Oh, and a bacon milkshake-enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. Excellent service.amazingDined on 6/15/2014My husband enjoyed this spot for Father's Day. Kid friendly which is a plus. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/7/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a diner.Special Features:
- Always GreatGoodTimesDined on 6/5/2014My girlfriends and I always come here every two months, to catch up. It's always a great time! I recommend this to anyone who wants to catch up while having some great(inexpensive) food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/28/2014Great for Kids Birthday party I had my daughters 14th Bday party with 8 of her friends and she loved it She had a blast and having that cocktail while waiting for them was key!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/16/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a diner.Special Features:
- Great service new fav resturantFavspotDined on 5/11/2014I've also posted a review on yelp.com, I took my mother to Big Daddy's for Mother's Day and the service staff and food is amazing! We've already gone back ! This is our new favorite weekend resturant highly recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/9/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a dinerSpecial Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 5/4/2014Above average American diner food in an attractive, retro setting. They have interesting milkshakes and smoothies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Big Daddy's - Gramercy Park reviews archive.
- MandyDined on 5/1/2014It's a great spot for foodie and comfort foods! The staff has been nothing but nice to use when we visit there. My friend is hooked on this place. It was our first date in January and every chance we get, we go to get a bite.Special Features:
- Eat at Daddy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2014This is one of my go-to spots when meeting friends for lunch. Designed as a 50's like cafe, the burgers are great and the service is kind and prompt.Special Features:
- Discovering the Waffles & Chicken!KimLnycDined on 4/30/2014I have certain favorites at Big Daddy's ... the 'melt off the bone' ribs especially, and their great Mac & Cheese ... but tonight for the first time I tried the Waffles & Chicken! OMG This is a monster plate of food -- a huge waffle with 4 pieces of fried chicken -- sides of syrup and honey. YUM! Really enough for two people (I had to doggy bag a piece of the chicken!) Normally I don't eat deep fried food, but I have to say the chicken was deliciously juicy under the breaded crust. Definitely have a big appetite if you order this ... or a friend to share it with! Our waitress was wonderful and attentive. We were supposed to have a bigger group but the rain was torrential when we were scheduled to meet - we had fun anyway!!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014A little disappointed when I placed my order for the Mr. French Toast with sausage only to be told they ran out of sausage at 2 pm in the afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but better diners in the citylmk66Dined on 4/17/2014I made a reservation since we were 7 and was surprised to find that the 3 biggest tables that would have accommodated us were taken. As a result, we have to squeeze into a regular both with a chair at the end. Since it was too small, we had to split our party. This dampened the experience from the start. Also, the gumball machines were dirty.The food was ok. They only gave 1 piece of toast and a handful of sweet potato tots (which you pay more for) with my omelet. Not enough to fill up most people. Yet the hot dog platter for kids came with 2 hot dogs. Go figure. It is a cute place and very unique in ambiance, so again a fun after movie shake place. And, maybe a good quick lunch place. But, definitely better places in town for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place, cold eggsundercoverfoodieDined on 4/14/2014The menu looked promising and the atmosphere was fun -- but the wait staff (though friendly) was so overwhelmed by the Monday morning crowd that we waited 30 minutes for cold, over cooked omelets. With so many other choices for places to eat in the neighborhood, I probably would not give this place another chance.Special Features:
- Big Daddy was Big DisappointmentCornellmamaVIPDined on 4/13/2014Although the lighting and decor made location on Park Ave seem dark and unappealing, we tried to give it a shot because the food was reported to be good. The menu seemed impressive with lots of comfort food choices. However, the quality of the food was subpar--not even average. My grilled cheese came out cold, with cheese already hard. Since we waited so long (while others were served before us when arriving after us) I ate the sandwich. It was dry with no hint of buttery, salty goodness grilled cheeses are known for. If a restaurant cannot make a reasonably good grilled cheese, there is NO reason to go back!
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2014Made a reservation for 4 for a work colleagues birthday. We had such fun listening to the music and eating a classic lunch. Tuna sandwich, Grilled Cheese, and Veggie Sandwich were big and tasty. To top it off we had a birthday banana split with a nice rendition of Happy Birthday by some of the staff. Thanks Big Daddy'sSpecial Features:
- As a diner, Big Daddy's isNicknameVIPDined on 4/8/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a diner.Special Features:
- JocaDined on 4/6/2014Great place to have a brunch with friends or family. Decorated like a real dinner; Will certainly go back. Food took a bit too long to be served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating and friendlySFNYVIPDined on 4/1/2014This is my go-to place for breakfast, brunch and easy lunches. The staff is so nice and always makes you feel welcome.Special Features:
- AshleyCDined on 3/30/2014GREAT place for brunch - their unlimited deal did not disappoint. In addition, the food was delicious and they have tons of options. Plus, they have tots - who doesn't love tots? Drawback: SUPER loud, especially in the upstairs area. If you are not prepared for a lot of unnecessarily loud talkers and children, you may want to try somewhere else - or just drink more.Special Features:
- Mac 'n Cheese MondaystaxichicknycDined on 3/24/2014Our group goes to Big Daddy's once a month. We usually go on Tues - some have the 1/2 price ribs ... they are melt off the bone delicious! But this month we had to go on a Monday. Some of us there, managed to get in on Happy Hour 1/2 prices. Margaritas flowed freely ... and 1/2 price Mac 'n Cheese! A good time was had by all ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid food - limitedDinerEatersVIPDined on 3/24/2014Good solid food - limited menu - not a "full" New York diner. Really great to hang with friends on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Recommend if hangover food is what you are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Avenue Low BrowjenivirgoVIPDined on 3/23/2014Big Daddy's has a retro diner feel and the food is very similar to something you might find at Denny's. It's a great test case for the "this is why Americans are fat" sect. So, you may not want to eat here everyday, but if you want a place where you can have an indulgent brunch on the east side in an area that kids (and indulgent brunchers) may not be so welcome, and a place where you can make a reservation instead of waiting in line with a couple dozen twenty year olds, check out Big Daddy's. The decor is campy and the service is excellent. It'll be fun. Just don't count the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great to eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014everytime i go, i have a great time eating here. the food is delicious. service is prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good great, service S-L-O-WWestSideGirlDined on 3/16/2014If you are craving an amazing breakfast and have hours to spare Big Daddy's is the place to go. The food is very good (for diner food) but we waited over an hour for an egg sandwich and french toast.Special Features:
- As a diner, Big Daddy's isNicknameVIPDined on 3/10/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2014We waited almost 45 minutes for our food. During our wait, the waitress stopped by once to refill our coffee, but only filled one of our cups and bustled away without asking anyone else at the table if they wanted more. I like the food, but I would think twice before coming again for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a great placeChewieDined on 3/1/2014Great food, a great place to bring the family for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a diner but betterLeahDined on 3/1/2014Me and my two friends came here over the weekend for brunch because it reminded us of a diner that everyone used to frequent back at college. It had a retro feel and the menu is extensive with tons of fun items. It isn't pricey at all by NYC standards; you get your money's worth. I ordered cookie dough pancakes for $13 and couldn't even finish them because they were so big and I hardly have a skimpy appetite. Bottom line: it's a fun place to go for good comfort food that won't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a fun place to eatBulldogsdadDined on 2/27/2014Big Daddy's is one of those places in NYC that you must visit once and once you do you will become a regular. It is just a fun place to grab a bite, great atmosphere and the decor will keep you smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2014I first found the place with my son and we had dinner. The salad was awesome, and he loved the shakes, so every so offend we go for dinner. But recently, I went there for a date with a new friend, and he loves it. I never had a shake and had one it was perfect. He loves the fact that he wanted pancakes in the evening and received it. We been dating now for over two months and plan to bring our sons to introduce them. I think this will be our to go to place.Special Features:
- As a diner, Big Daddy's isNicknameVIPDined on 2/25/2014As a diner, Big Daddy's is very good. As a restaurant, it's a diner.Special Features: