Big City Tavern - Las Olas
609 East Las Olas Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Big City Tavern - Las Olas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigcitylasolas.com/
- Phone: (954) 727-0307
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am -3:00pm
Dinner Nightly:5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Bar Menu:11:00pm - 1:00am
Happy Hour Everyday from 4:00pm-7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lisabet Summa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Big City Tavern - Las Olas
Big City Tavern is a busy, vibrant restaurant reminiscent of the great urban taverns of Chicago, New York and Boston. A stylish, classic American restaurant, Big City offers a varied menu featuring dry aged steaks, burgers, fresh seafood, salads and fresh house-made pasta of the day. Some of the more popular dishes are the Pan Roasted Salmon with Tomato and the House-Made Charcuterie. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all delicious. The extensive wine list emphasizes California varietals by the bottle or glass. With its magnificent grand bar always busy, Big City has a constant din of energy and conviviality. Big City offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Las Olas Blvd.Continued
Please call the restaurant to make reservations for parties of 12 or more!
Please call the restaurant to make reservations for parties of 12 or more!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Big City Tavern - Las Olas - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Big City Tavern - Las Olas reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (39)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (34)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (18)special occasion (17)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)romantic (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fit for foodiesEs3737Dined on 11/16/2014We were sat right away, I had made the reservation an hour and a half prior, there was an hour wait. Service was impeccable and the brunch was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 out of 3NotImpressedDined on 11/15/2014I will say as much as I had high hopes for this experience I was highly let down. I booked a reservation for a party, yet was seated in a booth, which did not make it comfortable for the party to get up and move around easily. I then ordered a Watermelon Margarita only to be told they no longer carried it that it was out of season, well if that was the case it surely shouldn't be on their menu especially if watermelon went out of season months ago. So I proceeded to order a Moscow Mule only to be brought the drink in a regular short glass, not the copper mug it's supposed to be served in, the server/ self noted manager said they were out of mugs yet 2 minutes later the party sitting close by was served 1 in a copper mug. Dinner was just mediocre, nothing to write home about. After dinner I had ordered a mojito that come out in yet again another short glass but low and behold another table had the exact drink in a much larger glass. We were then told by the server/manager that he waited around 45 mins after his shift to take care of us, not exactly telling us that we were holding him up from leaving to join his girlfriend who was waiting for him at the bar. We stayed a little while longer after closing out with this server and proceeded to order a round of drinks from the bar, well it seems the bartender who served our last round of drinks for the night was the only 1 who seemed to get it right! Hooray for that bartender for saving the night!! Can't say after that though, that I will be rushing back for a $350+ bill only to be disappointed any time soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table with a view!superdaveDined on 11/15/20146 friends enjoyed an early dinner on the outside terrace watching the fascinating parade of people, ritzy cars, dogs and all the fun of pretty Las Olas. Service was attentive - not rushed like we feared on a Saturday night. We tried various specials of the day as well as regular menu items. All were tasty and we especially enjoyed the crab cake appetizer. (Went previously with 8 of us - inside at the back by the bar - nice table and quietest place for that amount of people. Enjoyed Ahi tuna very much.) After dinner, a great stroll up and down Las Olas to enjoy the galleries and unique stores - good for the digestion except for the ice cream store we couldn't resist!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and the food was tastyMarshamaxDined on 11/12/2014Went with coworkers for an after meeting dinner. A great seat outside, the weather was beautiful, the service was good, and I ordered a New York strip steak and it was cooked to perfection. very popular space,lots of folks in the restaurant kind of loud but that's okay good energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 11/12/2014This was a delightful surprise. The food was delicious and the service exceptional. Ask for Charlie to be your server for a really super experience. Wino Wednesday 1/2 price bottles added to the pleasure. The ice cream dessert is positively sinful.Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing serviceGiovannaDined on 11/8/2014Had a reservation for dinner, but had to wait 15 minutes nonetheless to be seated. The food was overall good. The calamari appetizer was delicious, but the mahi special was disappointing. The mahi was dry and tasteless. My husband ordered crab cakes and he liked them. Service was also not so good. Our waitress was nice, but unfortunately, but she would disappear for long intervals of time. We wanted to order dessert but did not want to wait an hour for it. Not sure if we will go back.Special Features:
- Jtaylor0918Dined on 11/7/2014You must have the Parmesan truffle fries!!!!! Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fun spotBgatorDined on 11/7/2014Food was delicious and service was good. Menu has good variety of things and spinach salad was great. Good crowd and fun spot. Definitely noisy.Special Features:
- Just the bestfoodmonsterDined on 11/2/20141st time there for brunch. What a great place! Such a good time for us to set and people watch while we had brunch. This is now our favorite place on Las Olas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!JudypitutyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Good food, service usually good. The night we were there they were slammed. And it was a bit off.Special Features:
- keysfunVIPDined on 10/25/2014We thought the food was delicious. The men had steak and short ribs which were very tender. The girrls shared 3 apps, scallops, crab cake and chicken Milanese salad. Nthey were wonderful! The chicken Milanese salad was big enough to have been an entree with 3 chicken filets. It is very noisy but we could converse above the noise. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!DianDined on 10/19/2014Even though the Las Olas Art Fair was going on and things were a bit hectic - the service and the food were amazing. Our waiter kept up with the endless mimosas as well as anything else we needed. Will return again for dinner and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experiencedaniDDined on 10/18/2014I love this restaurant! Came with a group for a birthday.. Staff was super attentive and accommodating. The drinks were strong and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Happy813Dined on 10/10/2014Our waiter John was on point throughout our entire dinner and the food was excellent. We also tried the Pumpkin Spice Martini which was great, but more of a dessert martini.Special Features:
- Always goodNickyL25Dined on 9/28/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times. We are on their mailing list and received a postcard for a free bottle of wine. We chose a good bottle of Merlot. Our server Ivan was fantastic. As on previous occasions the food was excellent, delicious and prepared to order. All our courses were off the specials and we were not disappointed. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Took my best friend here for brunch. The unlimited mimosas were the big draw. I ordered the nutella banana french toast (just as good as it sounds!) and she had the 6 minute egg with porcetta hash. oh my gosh. That is definitely what I am ordering next time. The environment was great and we were able to people watch on las olas a bit. I will definitely be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014Swordfish special dinner and tuna dinner was pretty goodSpecial Features:
- RomanticJohnDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have been here before. We took our 9 year old daughter and had a wonderful time. This time it was date night for my wife and I. It was romantic and the food was excellent, as usual! We would recommend this place for anyone who wants a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and service.slingyDined on 8/31/2014Everything on this menu is excellent. Great variety, excellent service great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Wait staff was extremely attentive and very nice & polite! We enjoyed our meals and the wine very much. Great casual dining which is what we were in the mood for. Wouldn't call the portions overly generous, but definitely was enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I love Morton's and always get great food, great service, and an overall great experience. Jeff was our server again last night and he knows what we like and his recommendations are perfect. Thank you again everyone. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless mimosas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Come here regularly! Good breakfast. Great bottomless mimosas. Had the meat and cheese boards....disappointing for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurejc12Dined on 8/23/2014Consistently good food and always great service. You can't go wrong at Big City.Special Features:
- Great for brunchDiappointedDined on 8/17/2014Had brunch there this past Sunday. Obviously a very popular place, food was fantastic, great selection on menu, hip Brunch spot on Las OlasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentreviewer29VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were staying in Fort Lauderdale and we wanted to meet up for dinner with my brother and his wife who live in Miami. The hotel we were staying at recommended Big City Tavern. It was a great recommendation. The location on Las Olas Blvd. was ideal and the atmosphere and food was great Our waiter was Diem, who was great too. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerBocaBobDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. Service was fast. Drink prices a bit pricey. Drink selections were very good and unique.Special Features:
- The following 480 reviews are from the Big City Tavern - Las Olas reviews archive.
- Great weekend ambianceRCandSCDined on 7/26/2014I used OpenTable, with only 5 or 6 hours in advance, and was able to secure a 7:30pm Saturday night dinner reservation for 7 people. I chose to order a dring from the bar to wait for the rest of my group. The bartender was friendly and promptly made the mixed drinks we ordered. We were seated early, and the waiter took the time to explain all the specials. At least two people ordered steak, one ordered a salad, one ordered pasta, and we also ordered appetizers. The food was all good, and the overall experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satsified as usual!daniDDined on 7/18/2014I love coming here because I am never disappointed with the food... Always delicious! We split the skirt steak (it was like BUTTER! omg) and the chicken paillard (hello yumtown). I had the watermelon margarita special, which was a little weak in tequila strength, but I like my tequila, so perhaps I am the exception here. The service was solid as well. No complaints. I have had my ups and downs with service and reservations here before, but management always takes care of the customer and you always leave happy! I will be back again soon!Special Features:
- I was DisappointedEdieVIPDined on 7/13/2014I was very excited to take my daughter here for her birthday brunch. I had been here previously for brunch and food was very good. My servicer was slow and inexperienced so he wasn't very good. He seemed in a daze. Had to ask for more coffee, etc. Had to ask for butter for our toast. My omelet was ok but bland. My potatoes too salty. I was disappointed, especially since was for a special occasion.
- menulocalgirlDined on 7/12/2014Menu changes since my last visit were disappointing, especially the vegetables that came with the steak tenderloin. Instead of the sweet potatoes and scalloped potatoes it was served with beets! Yuck! Won't return any time soon!Special Features:
- Consistently good!EliSDined on 7/12/2014Big City is always a good place to eat and drink. PERIOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fineWITHOUTADOUBTVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our servicer (Justin) was excellent the drinks (apple martini, vodka tonic) were really good and we had time to enjoy then (without being rush for our order). Jason the manager stopped by twice to ensure everything was going well and that we were satisfied with our entree. For the appetizer we had the asian calamari, which was yummy. For the main course, she had the salmon, I had the skirt steak, they were excellent and more than enough for both of us. For us it worth the trip from Boca, from the service, drinks, the food, Big City Tavern is a place we enjoy coming back too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eat with friendsmickonrunVIPDined on 7/5/2014The place was very busy for a Saturday night. Open Table reservations are a must have. We were seated immediately and our server was prompt and super friendly and efficient. Kitchen was great. Everything came out as ordered. Food was good and portions were huge. We all had Togo boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly!JgoodDined on 7/5/2014It was noisy, expected on a Saturday night on Las Olas. The service was great and the food wasn't bad.We will return.Special Features:
- Place to eat, not dineSlamronDined on 7/5/2014We have come to this place for a while. The quality is consistent, great menu, good food, good service. This is not a place for gracious dining, no table cloth, no flowers on the table, inside the noise level is unbearable. Make sure you sit outside. The prices are moderate and portions are generous. Overall good value.Special Features:
- Good place for brunchicequeen83Dined on 7/5/2014The atmosphere was lively, with a moderate noise level. Great location for people watching, as it's right on Las Olas Blvd. Food (which is made from scratch) was good, but not great. Service was a little slow and our waitress seemed distracted, but the manager came by to check on us and had other servers stop by to make sure that our needs were met. Overall, I would return, but it would be on a day where I'm not pressured for time.Special Features:
- DisappointingTJMVDined on 7/4/2014Service was good, but food was meh The sandwiches sound great on the menu, but not good at all
- CMANVIPDined on 6/28/2014AC vent was dripping on me, way too loud. Service and food was good. It seems like a good place for groups. Busy bar scene, music way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T BOTHERdfor50VIPDined on 6/28/2014Having eaten at most of the other locations, I was expecting quality food and service... forget it, service was slow, food was at best poor, to hamburgs were tasteless and over done.. at least the fries were fairly good. Never go back, I'll stay with City Oyster in Delray Beach!