Big City Tavern - Las Olas
609 East Las Olas Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Big City Tavern - Las Olas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigcitylasolas.com/
- Phone: 9547270307x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am -3:00pm
Dinner Nightly:5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night Bar Menu:11:00pm - 1:00am
Happy Hour Everyday from 4:00pm-7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Lisabet Summa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Big City Tavern - Las Olas
Big City Tavern is a busy, vibrant restaurant reminiscent of the great urban taverns of Chicago, New York and Boston. A stylish, classic American restaurant, Big City offers a varied menu featuring dry aged steaks, burgers, fresh seafood, salads and fresh house-made pasta of the day. Some of the more popular dishes are the Pan Roasted Salmon with Tomato and the House-Made Charcuterie. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all delicious. The extensive wine list emphasizes California varietals by the bottle or glass. With its magnificent grand bar always busy, Big City has a constant din of energy and conviviality. Big City offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Las Olas Blvd.Continued
Please call the restaurant to make reservations for parties of 12 or more!
Please call the restaurant to make reservations for parties of 12 or more!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Big City Tavern - Las Olas - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Big City Tavern - Las Olas reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (30)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (16)late-night find (14)notable wine list (11)romantic (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great Brunch!DianDined on 10/19/2014Even though the Las Olas Art Fair was going on and things were a bit hectic - the service and the food were amazing. Our waiter kept up with the endless mimosas as well as anything else we needed. Will return again for dinner and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Happy813Dined on 10/10/2014Our waiter John was on point throughout our entire dinner and the food was excellent. We also tried the Pumpkin Spice Martini which was great, but more of a dessert martini.Special Features:
- Always goodNickyL25Dined on 9/28/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times. We are on their mailing list and received a postcard for a free bottle of wine. We chose a good bottle of Merlot. Our server Ivan was fantastic. As on previous occasions the food was excellent, delicious and prepared to order. All our courses were off the specials and we were not disappointed. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Took my best friend here for brunch. The unlimited mimosas were the big draw. I ordered the nutella banana french toast (just as good as it sounds!) and she had the 6 minute egg with porcetta hash. oh my gosh. That is definitely what I am ordering next time. The environment was great and we were able to people watch on las olas a bit. I will definitely be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014Swordfish special dinner and tuna dinner was pretty goodSpecial Features:
- RomanticJohnDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I have been here before. We took our 9 year old daughter and had a wonderful time. This time it was date night for my wife and I. It was romantic and the food was excellent, as usual! We would recommend this place for anyone who wants a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and service.slingyDined on 8/31/2014Everything on this menu is excellent. Great variety, excellent service great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Wait staff was extremely attentive and very nice & polite! We enjoyed our meals and the wine very much. Great casual dining which is what we were in the mood for. Wouldn't call the portions overly generous, but definitely was enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I love Morton's and always get great food, great service, and an overall great experience. Jeff was our server again last night and he knows what we like and his recommendations are perfect. Thank you again everyone. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless mimosas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Come here regularly! Good breakfast. Great bottomless mimosas. Had the meat and cheese boards....disappointing for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurejc12Dined on 8/23/2014Consistently good food and always great service. You can't go wrong at Big City.Special Features:
- Great for brunchDiappointedDined on 8/17/2014Had brunch there this past Sunday. Obviously a very popular place, food was fantastic, great selection on menu, hip Brunch spot on Las OlasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentreviewer29VIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were staying in Fort Lauderdale and we wanted to meet up for dinner with my brother and his wife who live in Miami. The hotel we were staying at recommended Big City Tavern. It was a great recommendation. The location on Las Olas Blvd. was ideal and the atmosphere and food was great Our waiter was Diem, who was great too. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerBocaBobDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. Service was fast. Drink prices a bit pricey. Drink selections were very good and unique.Special Features:
- Great weekend ambianceRCandSCDined on 7/26/2014I used OpenTable, with only 5 or 6 hours in advance, and was able to secure a 7:30pm Saturday night dinner reservation for 7 people. I chose to order a dring from the bar to wait for the rest of my group. The bartender was friendly and promptly made the mixed drinks we ordered. We were seated early, and the waiter took the time to explain all the specials. At least two people ordered steak, one ordered a salad, one ordered pasta, and we also ordered appetizers. The food was all good, and the overall experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satsified as usual!daniDDined on 7/18/2014I love coming here because I am never disappointed with the food... Always delicious! We split the skirt steak (it was like BUTTER! omg) and the chicken paillard (hello yumtown). I had the watermelon margarita special, which was a little weak in tequila strength, but I like my tequila, so perhaps I am the exception here. The service was solid as well. No complaints. I have had my ups and downs with service and reservations here before, but management always takes care of the customer and you always leave happy! I will be back again soon!Special Features:
- I was DisappointedEdieVIPDined on 7/13/2014I was very excited to take my daughter here for her birthday brunch. I had been here previously for brunch and food was very good. My servicer was slow and inexperienced so he wasn't very good. He seemed in a daze. Had to ask for more coffee, etc. Had to ask for butter for our toast. My omelet was ok but bland. My potatoes too salty. I was disappointed, especially since was for a special occasion.
- menulocalgirlDined on 7/12/2014Menu changes since my last visit were disappointing, especially the vegetables that came with the steak tenderloin. Instead of the sweet potatoes and scalloped potatoes it was served with beets! Yuck! Won't return any time soon!Special Features:
- Consistently good!EliSDined on 7/12/2014Big City is always a good place to eat and drink. PERIOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fineWITHOUTADOUBTVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our servicer (Justin) was excellent the drinks (apple martini, vodka tonic) were really good and we had time to enjoy then (without being rush for our order). Jason the manager stopped by twice to ensure everything was going well and that we were satisfied with our entree. For the appetizer we had the asian calamari, which was yummy. For the main course, she had the salmon, I had the skirt steak, they were excellent and more than enough for both of us. For us it worth the trip from Boca, from the service, drinks, the food, Big City Tavern is a place we enjoy coming back too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eat with friendsmickonrunVIPDined on 7/5/2014The place was very busy for a Saturday night. Open Table reservations are a must have. We were seated immediately and our server was prompt and super friendly and efficient. Kitchen was great. Everything came out as ordered. Food was good and portions were huge. We all had Togo boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly!JgoodDined on 7/5/2014It was noisy, expected on a Saturday night on Las Olas. The service was great and the food wasn't bad.We will return.Special Features:
- Place to eat, not dineSlamronDined on 7/5/2014We have come to this place for a while. The quality is consistent, great menu, good food, good service. This is not a place for gracious dining, no table cloth, no flowers on the table, inside the noise level is unbearable. Make sure you sit outside. The prices are moderate and portions are generous. Overall good value.Special Features:
- Good place for brunchicequeen83Dined on 7/5/2014The atmosphere was lively, with a moderate noise level. Great location for people watching, as it's right on Las Olas Blvd. Food (which is made from scratch) was good, but not great. Service was a little slow and our waitress seemed distracted, but the manager came by to check on us and had other servers stop by to make sure that our needs were met. Overall, I would return, but it would be on a day where I'm not pressured for time.Special Features:
- DisappointingTJMVDined on 7/4/2014Service was good, but food was meh The sandwiches sound great on the menu, but not good at all
- CMANVIPDined on 6/28/2014AC vent was dripping on me, way too loud. Service and food was good. It seems like a good place for groups. Busy bar scene, music way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T BOTHERdfor50VIPDined on 6/28/2014Having eaten at most of the other locations, I was expecting quality food and service... forget it, service was slow, food was at best poor, to hamburgs were tasteless and over done.. at least the fries were fairly good. Never go back, I'll stay with City Oyster in Delray Beach!
- Very GoodKeithDined on 6/28/2014Dinner was very good, service was excellent, server knew all the specials, had good recommendations and special requests were not forgotten. Very enjoyable evening, dinner followed by a great show at the Riverside Hotel.Special Features:
- The following 466 reviews are from the Big City Tavern - Las Olas reviews archive.
- Great food and fantastic servicemickonrunVIPDined on 6/14/2014Celebrated my birthday dinner on Saturday night. Our server was very good and made evening great. We ordered the grouper dinner and the rare tuna dinner. Both were the best we ever had both in preparation and taste. I was surprised by the server with a complimentary slice of decadent chocolate cake with ice cream on the side sporting a birthday candle. Very classy! This was our first time dining here but we will be back....really soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a very good impression at all!Noteatinghere1Dined on 6/12/2014I went there for a lunch meeting. I ordered a rare cheeseburger with carmelized onions and a side of sauteed spinache. The water I requested was never served to me at all. The burger was not rare-it was well done and tasted like leather. Instead of spinache, I was served broccoli. The replacement order of food took an additional 15 minutes to serve. If I wasn't there for a business meeting, I would have walked out of the place. Most high class places provide some form of complimentary food or drink when they screw up an order as badly as this one. No such gesture was made. This is a low class place with high class prices.
- Forgot? or Didn't care!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014When I was called to confirm my reservation, they asked what the occasion was, I replied that this was a special evening with my son and husband both celebrating birthdays that same day. She replied that that was so special and she would note it for our server. It was never brought up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety!bonchiVIPDined on 6/6/2014I love the variety that this restaurant offers. The menu is very eclectic and it is very delicious,. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Delicious Brunch!K8foodluvDined on 6/1/2014Must try big city for brunch great options for food. Also bottomless drinks were great, the bloody Mary's were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyDisappointedVIPDined on 5/30/2014I always forget how noisy it is,food was good,my risotto with scallops was excellent,not a big selection for kidsSpecial Features:
- Third time here...Annieversary28Dined on 5/24/2014We came here with a group of 6 and they were very accommodating- we originally asked for an outside table but when we arrived, we decided inside would be better- they were fine with that and both service and food were above average. I had a chopped greek salad with chicken. Others had cobb salad, burger, spinach salad and grouper....I would recommend this to anyone wanting good and reliable food and service in the Fort Lauderdale/Las Olas area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Brunch Spot on Las OlasMikeFTLDined on 5/24/2014Have been to Big City several times and always have had a positive experience. Only drawback is the noise level inside if you are trying to have conversation. This last time we were there for brunch and sat outside and had a really nice time. My eggs benedict dish was outstanding. Great place to watch the world go by on Las Olas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous BrunchBrunchLuver3Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom here for Mother's Day brunch and it was great! We were seated right away, our waitress was extremely attentive and the unlimited mimosa's were great! We had the cheese plate, the belgian waffle and the crab eggs benedict - all were amazing! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- One of my favorite brunch locationsJessiBDined on 5/11/2014I love the convenience of reserving a table for brunch and knowing that I won't have to wait on a Sunday morning. Then when I arrive, the food is always a success and the $12 bottomless mimosas complete the package. I love the everything about Big City Tavern, with the food, the location, and the ambiance, I know that I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent restaurant/Bar! Been there several times and have never been disappointed!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.