Big Chow Grill
One Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Big Chow Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigchowgrill.com/
- Phone: 7704052464
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Blake Dunn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our catering menu is available on our website at www.bigchowgrill.com. Please call the restaurant for additional information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private dining space with seating for up to 100 guests. Please contact the restaurant for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Blum 7704052464
A word from Big Chow Grill
From Red Restaurant Ventures and the original founder of The Real Chow Baby, Big Chow Grill is the next step in the evolution of American Stir-Fry. Big Chow Grill offers more fresh vegetables, more seafood options and more local ingredients. Same great value, same great service, just more healthy choices. We feature over 70 fresh ingredients, including fresh butchered meat and seafood and all of our signature sauces are MSG-free. Our Asian inspired appetizer menu is prepared with heart-smart canola oil and features favorites such as Egg Rolls and Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Relax at our full service bar and enjoy one of our signature “Big Cocktails” or a “Skinny Sip” made with less sugar. With value priced unlimited trips to our market fresh stir-fry bar and complimentary valet parking, Big Chow Grill is the perfect place for a healthy lunch or a lively night out with friends. This is BIG!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Big Chow Grill - Best Restaurants in Vinings ›
Big Chow Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Big ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Big Chow delivers if you're looking for a place with good variety. You're able to create your own dish by choosing rice, noodles, vegetables, and protein. The place is a bit noisy but it's a good spot for lunch or large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for group diningVeryValerieDined on 9/23/2014I've taken several groups of friends here for dinner. It seems fairly popular with everyone in the group, health nuts as well as foodies. I mention them for groups because: 1. Parking is very close and there is always plenty of parking 2. Food comes out quickly and they separate checks. 3. They have plenty of group seating options, while still having a nicer ambiance. 4. Located next to 285 and 75 - so it is good for commutes. Not an especially romantic restaurant - but I do like it for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Don't Get ItabgrooveDined on 9/18/2014Make your own stir-fry? I'm not a chef, so how would I know what ingredients to use to make a tasty stir-fry? That's what this place wants you to do. You get a small bowl to put in all of your vegetables and an even smaller bowl to put the raw meat in. You take the small and smaller bowls to the cooks for them to make your stir-fry. How much seasoning do you need? Take a good guess. How much rice, meat, pasta, or veggies do you need? Guess again! I go to restaurants because they make food I like. If I want to play around with ingredients, I'll cook at home. The service was adequate. The only thing the servers did was take our 1 drink order and another person brought our food.
- Great PlaceEarlyDined on 9/13/2014Been there several times before. This is an excellent place. Fresh food!Special Features:
- Mongolian GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014Good selection of ingredients. Quite a bit of veggies, plenty of proteins (meats) and lots of sauces and spices. They have recipe cards if you want to try something specific, or just take a little of this and little of that. They even have some Italian things, like sausage, meatballs and sauces.Special Features:
- Loved itLovedItDined on 9/10/2014Food was great!! Different lunch scene then same lunch menu. U pick what u want them to cook and they fix it the way you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Big Chow DownfoodislifeDined on 9/6/2014We bring newbies every time and they love it. The food is always fresh and hot. Love how we can create a new tasty dish every time. It's always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cobb's Hidden Treasure!NeetDined on 8/5/2014Big Chow Grill is always my go-to spot for occasions and they ALWAYS accommodate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good idea, tough meatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Cool idea, tasted good... but the meat option turns into leather when cooked. Not sure what the type of meat was, I wasnt expecting filet of course, but definitely stick to the chicken!Special Features:
- Horrible Service Ruins PotentialPabloVIPDined on 6/27/2014My family used to eat here regularly. The food is decent, but the service just got worse over time. There were also issues with cleanliness, so we stopped going. After a year away, we returned last week to give it another chance. After the service we received, we will probably never return. It is no fun at eat at a restaurant and watch your waitress sit at the bar, playing on her cell phone while you need something. It took us over an hour to eat dinner, and there were no more than 12 other customers in the restaurant. Our waitress seemed angry that we were there, as if we had interrupted her personal time. This restaurant has so much potential but it is woefully mismanaged. This prices are also too high for the product you receive.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Big Chow Grill reviews archive.
- Not for couplesAUBAMADined on 6/21/2014This is not a resturant you would take someone if you wanted to have a conversation it is very open and noisy. Saw a lot of overweight people as this is an all you can eat type of place not somewhere you would take a first date or even someone to enjoy a good dinner an converasitonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Fun Funrrc0112Dined on 6/14/2014We really liked this place. The food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- custom made good foodtreejasmineDined on 6/8/2014we are vegetarians. this is a great place for us. the best part is you are able to pick and choose your ingredients. you can choose your spice, salt, seasoning level and protein. youSpecial Features:
- Love this restaurant!KimmieDined on 5/31/2014I'm here every other week! Love it. Love it. **************************☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆▪☆☆☆☆Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-sohn41Dined on 5/26/2014Food was OK. It's nice to pick your own items, but the beef was tough and chewy. Often the food is overcooked. We had an email coupon, because it was Memorial Day and they obviously (and accurately) anticipated a slim lunch crowd; at first the server said each of us must have our own coupon, but she then allowed us all to use it without me having to forward a copy to each member of our party. Noise level is always too high, particularly the recorded music. We considered inviting friends to meet our family there, but decided against it knowing that we couldn't carry on a conversation without shouting.
- Cute little spotJaxTDined on 5/9/2014My two favorite friends in the whole world had the Big Chow experience and we thought it was a nice place with good food! For a Friday night it was not busy at all we really didn't need to make a reservation. Although when I received my calamari as an appetizer they were basically cold I still had a nice experience at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- custom wok!eatingsohealthyDined on 4/20/2014Loved chosing favorite ingredients for grilling along with exotic sauces and dry spices to experiment with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Custom dish for every patronSuzanneDined on 4/20/2014This restaurant is an interactive food experience where every patron gets to create their own dish. And if you've got the room for it, you can try multiple recipes on the same visit (I only managed one. On next visit I wil make a much smaller serving so I can try multiple dishes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great price!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014Great food at a great price! Excellent for anyone with food allergies too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a decent pricejws9518Dined on 8/10/2013Good food for a decent price for all you can eat.. What else can you ask for.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Good concept a little more to think through than I'd like for a nice meal. Trouble getting flavors down for a good combinationSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceKatyannaDined on 7/23/2013This was my first time going, though my partner had been to the restaurant once several years ago. We went together with his brother. Seeing as it was a Tuesday evening there were other patrons, but not so many that it was crowded. There are many wonderful options for the stirfry bar, whether you want to keep it safe or experiment and try something new, and while speaking with the waiter, we found that they rotate the selection regularly so chances are good that when you go in next time you'll find something new to try. And since the stirfry bar is all-you-can-eat, it's easy to make several small bowls for experimentation. The staff was more than willing to help with any questions first time visitors had, which we had a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the restaurant wasTheTeamDined on 7/6/2013Overall the restaurant was a good choice...my only comment is: if you are having a meeting, you would want to request to seated away from the kitchen, as there is much pots banging happening...so you level of hearing would be impacted. Also, if you are not familiar w/ the location in the Galleria it can be a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTobypeasDined on 6/16/2013We eat here frequently. I was impressed with the free dessert provided to "Dads" for Father's Day. It was enough to share with 6 of us! The line was fully stocked and cooking times were great.Special Features:
- Excellent food at the Big Chow GrilOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was delicious and since you are your own chef, how can you complain. Also, the staff was very friendly and upbeat.Special Features:
- More expensive than GhengisDavidDined on 2/14/2013More expensive than Ghengis Grill but still good quality and taste.Special Features:
- Our server could not get itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Our server could not get it together. We had to ask four times for a beer and she could not comprehend our dessert order.Special Features:
- THE PLACE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013VERY NICE ATMOSPHERE, SERVICE WAS GREAT, AND FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING...WILL DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK!!!Special Features:
- Great food, lots of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2012This stir fry joint rocks. Excellent service, excellent selection, great sauces! I was impressed with how quickly they cooked and served everything. They also now have all-you-can-eat sushi. Not the best sushi in the world, but it's pretty darned good. And a great value for the money. So worth getting lost for 15 minutes to find it :) I would happily recommend this place anytime!Special Features:
- I have been coming here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012I have been coming here for years and it's always a great eating experience. You can't go wrong with the buffet because you choose all the stir fry items. It's always a hit with friends and co-workers too.Special Features:
- We went the Big Chow GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2011We went the Big Chow Grill to celebrate my daughter's graduation from Kennesaw. There were 9 of us and we had an incredible experience. It topped off our evening - the food was fresh, cooked to perfection and we each were able to get exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- Always an amazing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/20/2011Always an amazing experience. One of my favorite places in all of Atlanta. Really glad they have a location in Cobb County/North Atlanta. Hope they open more locations.Special Features:
- The food was fresh and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2011The food was fresh and the food bar was kept very cleaned and well stocked. Enjoy creating my own dishes and able to experiment with the different spices and sauses. Realy enjoyed and will be back. Everyone in my party enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great concept in dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011Great concept in dining. Our waiter, while attentive at the onset of our meal, became non-existent after initial introduction. No one came around to refill our "bottomless" drinks. We had to go and ask someone else for our bill. Greeters at door were greet-less. Food was good and quickly served by kitchen wait staff but we felt it was overpriced for a Saturday lunch.
- We are moving out of stateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2011We are moving out of state and we will definitely miss The Big Chow Grill! Great food, great service, and nice staff!Special Features:
- Took my team here for dinnerSHarrisVIPDined on 4/5/2011Took my team here for dinner and we had a great time. All could get exactly what they preferred and it wasn't too expensive for me. It was a little hard to find for someone not from Atlanta because the map on their page doesn't really coincide with the location.Special Features:
- Great food and even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2011Great food and even better service. Not so great manager on duty who refused to honor the offer that GM Paul had made to me after I made my reservation. I was assured that I would receive my complimentary birthday dinner. I have been a loyal customer for years, having dined at the original Chow Baby on Howell Mill countless times since the first day they opened, and countless times at the Big Chow Grill,as well. I may have to think long and hard before I eat there again.
- Reservation was acknowledgedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2011Reservation was acknowledged and we were seated on time while walkins had a 20 minute wait. Waiter was very attentive and friendly. The food was plentiful and prepared quickly. I had a few extraneous veggies that I didn't pick show up in my stir fry, but otherwise no complaints about the food. The only major con was that the music was way too loud. We were a small group of 6 and it was very difficult to hear anyone besides those directly next to you.Special Features:
- The food is great and I loveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010The food is great and I love the build it yourself aspect, however, our group was not able to hold any sort of conversation due to the noise level including the music being SO VERY LOUD!!! We could not even hear the server as he explained how everything worked. Will not go to this location again because of the noise.
- It's so loud but the foodAshleyCrutchAtlDined on 8/26/2010It's so loud but the food is always good. I'm very happy to get my new loyalty card.Special Features: