Big Bubba's BBQ
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd.
Casino of the Sky
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Big Bubba's BBQ
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.bigbubbasbbq.com/
- Phone: 8608629800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: Open for Private Groups Only; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Francis Collymore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Chris Roth 8608629800
A word from Big Bubba's BBQ
Southern Barbecue at it's best. Wood Smoked Ribs, Chicken, Beef and Pork melt in your mouth. Other Southern favorites include Fried Chicken, Jambalaya, Fried Catfish, Biscuits and Gravy, Red Beans and Rice and Collard Greens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Big Bubba's BBQ reviews from OpenTable diners
- Are you freaking kidding me?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2012Are you freaking kidding me? We drove over an hour because of the reservation I was able to make on your sit & the restaurant was CLOSED & had been for 2 weeks. THANK YOU for messing up my daughters 16th birthday.
- So it is funny you would askOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012So it is funny you would ask for a review on my experience at Bubba's that never happened. And the reason it NEVER happened is because they are not open..Needless to say my party and I were extremly dissapointed being that it was a birthday party for Me..So we ended up at Jaspers Summer Shack next door and had to wait for 30 minutes, waitress forgot about us , 1 hour later relized it and came to us to tell us she forgot about us....Free soup did not make it better...So I would LOVE to say that I enjoyed Bubba's but never had the opportunity.. I think there should be alittle more communication between Open Table and the Restaurants you support. I have used Open Table in the past and never had a problem. Hope this isnt the first of many.
- We made a reservation a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012We made a reservation a few days before, but could not make it to the restaurant on time due to unexpected traffic on the highway (2 1/2 hour ride). I called the restuarant an hour before, asnd they graciously made our reservation for a half hour later. Our table was waiting when we arrived! I was highly impressed!! Great food-great service.... we will definately go ther again.Special Features:
- when i go to mohegans,i alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012when i go to mohegans,i always visit this resturant.people friendly.food good.prices reasonable.when you make a reservation,you will be seated within 1-3 minutes..good place to eat.never leave hungrySpecial Features:
- It was the first place whereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2012It was the first place where I had a reservation, and walk up to the host 2 minutes before my 6:00pm seating, and we were seated right away no delay. That was truley amazing !!!!!!Special Features:
- Not like it use to be. HasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/23/2012Not like it use to be. Has gone down hill. Extremely high prices for a BBQ place( about $25 a person plus drinks, and don't ask for a bottle of wine,because thier is not any. A eat up and get out place.
- Great with kids or without!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012We had a great dinner and a great waiter who was patient and kind to our son. We were at Mohegan for a kids concert and I'm sure they don't typically get many children in as diners in a casino. They were fabulous. Thanks again!Special Features:
- The brisket was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2012The brisket was very good -- the grilled catfish also good -- the sides are so-so -- esp the green beans - mashed potatoes and corn bread good -- fun atmosphere -- nice service -located in Mohegan Sun -- moderately priced -- worth the $$$
- While we enjoyed our meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012While we enjoyed our meal, we found the place to be a bit noisy for pleasant dining. But then, it is a casino location! And we are two older ladies!Special Features:
- We went to Bubba's on a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We went to Bubba's on a busy Saturday night. Zac Brown was playing in the arena, and there was a promotional give-away in the grand ballroom. We had 6:30 reservations. When we arrived at the restaurant, there were lines of people. We walked right up to the host and gave our name and reservation time. She immediately picked up the menus and walked us to our table. Thank you Open Table, and Bubba's for making the night even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Not sure if I filled out rightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Not sure if I filled out right but, my exsperiance at Bulba's was outstanding. We made our reservation and was greater instantly when we arrived. Food was perfect and our waitress Alissa was excelllant. She knew it was our first time there and, made excellent suggestions for us. Would definitely reccomend your place.placebosSpecial Features:
- Love this place!ChrisDined on 8/31/2012Great resturant! Love the food especially the brisket and pulled pork. Huge portions! Service was excellent, never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Would not recommend this restaurantbillDined on 8/27/2012Would not recommend this restaurant The food was not hot, beef was dry and over cooked. Had to send back and replacement was not good either. Drinks were watery and lacked alcohol.Special Features:
- Good food for a quick meal.RepeatDinerDined on 8/25/2012Good food for a quick meal. The food can get messy to eat, but is tasty!Special Features:
- YummyGingeeVIPDined on 8/23/2012Always reliable, great chicken and ribs. Big Bubba's is a great mid-priced restaurant when you're looking for a nice dinner that doesn't use up all the money you need for the casino games. See my other review for more details.Special Features:
- Baby backs are great and don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Baby backs are great and don't miss the mashed potatoes either!
- The food is consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2012The food is consistently good and the service very good. Big Bubba's is not a great restaurant, but is reliable and always fun.Special Features:
- Big Bubba's never fails toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Big Bubba's never fails to please. The food is always delicious and the server are very polite and friendly. Good food and drinks and service with a smile.Special Features:
- Bubba's @ Mohegan Sun casino, CTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Bubba's has the cool retro restaraunt feel lika a "Sticky Fingers" in jacksonville, FL. I had a good time & a real good meal. The price was Ok for 2 but it was in a casino. We were attending a concert that night so it was very busy. I made an online reservation, highly recommended. The beef brisket melted in my mouth, I want to go back and try more of the menu. Loved the "hush puppies"Special Features:
- nothing fancy,but decent food !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012the menu has changed again..my only complaint! If it aint broke dont fix it!! No more cheese grits, or towels for napkins, aside from that the food is plentiful and tasty. We always eat here when we visit Mohegan Sun.Special Features:
- we always went to bubba'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012we always went to bubba's when we would go to mohegan sun,we have not been up there for awhile,so I went on bubba's site for mohegan and the menu was what we always received when we got there.So we were very surprised when we sat at our table and was given a menu that looked like a diner menu.The things we always ordered were no longer available and the menu that we were use to was not even there.So much to say,babba we always enjoyed comming to your place to have a good meal,however sorry to say you lost us as customers because of the menu. Thank You.
- It took a while for a waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012It took a while for a waitress to acknowledge our table, and the restaurant was not busy. When she did, she was great- good personality, etc. Food was only fair. Some of the meals were missing sides that should have been included (corn bread). No ribs available which was disappointing. Waitress never brought change back to table (only a couple of dollars). Gratuity was included in the bill, although we thought that they only included it for parties over 8 (we had 6). Would probably not revisit.
- left me credit card at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012left me credit card at the restaurant. was in casino and they saw to it I had the card returned. could have been a life time problem with identity theft. food and waitstaff were tasteful and courteous.Special Features:
- The food was very tasty butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012The food was very tasty but some of the food looked like it been sitting for too long it was dried out. Over all really good experience !Special Features:
- This is great when you haveStirlinghousebnbVIPDined on 7/25/2012This is great when you have a hankering for southern food. After our trip getting to Mohegan Sun, we wanted a casual, fun place where we could get a good meal. This was the place! The barbecue chicken and rib all you can eat meal was a great deal!Special Features:
- We had a blast. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012We had a blast. The food was great, the drinks were awesome (big glass margarita)Special Features:
- not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2012This was the worst bbq I ever had. I ordered the pork ribs expecting sloppy juicy ribs. I received the dryest ribs ever. It was as if they were previously cooked too much and then put back on the grill to heat up to serve to me. They were like tasteless burnt cardboard. my wife ordered the chicken at stated the breast part was also very dry. The food is not served fresh. Very big disappointment for a high price.
- OUTSTANDING chiliOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2012On a crowded Sunday afternoon my table was ready and waiting. Light lunch of the world famous Big Bubbas BBQ chili. OUTSTANDING loaded with meat and beans flavorful and filling but not too much. A very good lunch...Special Features:
- The waitress was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012The waitress was wonderful and the food was excellent. Would definitely go back again and again.Special Features:
- Food was ok. Felt very rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Food was ok. Felt very rushed. Waitress was nice but asked questions every 5-10 mins. It was definitely uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Pulled pork was dry, but flavorful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Pulled pork was dry, but flavorful. Our server Patrick was very attentive and friendly. Potato salad was flavorful.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Nice place to eat at the casino, the food is always consistently good. The service is great.Special Features:
- Platters were huge. Way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Platters were huge. Way too much food for me. On they way out noticed that we should have gotten a free dessert for spending over $50.00 but we weren't offered dessert. Not sure if it was an oversight or because we weren't able to finish our meals. Otherwise food was good and service fast!
- Service was excellant butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2012Service was excellant but found it extremely fast. was expecting about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to eat. Was served excellant food within 10 minutes of ordering.Special Features:
- Awesome service and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Awesome service and great food. Thank you for making a special night even better!Special Features:
- Great Service...Once you get in!NJGumpDined on 6/16/2012I made my reservation for four through Open Table. I tried to call the day before to up the reservation to six, but they said they had nothing available for six people. When we arrived they went to seat us at a big table that could fit six that was jammed in between three other large tables, but we only had four people. I asked if we could move to an empty table for four that was a few tables away and the girl seating us said "I doubt it". After asking agian she said the waitresses were on a shift change and we might have to wait 10 minutes to be served, which we were fine with. The Waitress amde up for that poor service with Great!! service and we letr the manager know. Food was great, huge servings.Special Features:
- Always reliable, Big Bubba'sGingeeVIPDined on 6/16/2012Always reliable, Big Bubba's is our favorite of the mid-priced restaurants at Mohegan Sun. Ribs and chicken are best - the steaks are only fair. Sides are awesome - macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, collard greens, pickled beets, cole slaw and potato salad, to name a few. The service is friendly and prompt. What more could you want when you need a break from the casino?Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012The food and service were great. At nearly full capacity, it was so noisy that conversation was difficult, if not impossible. I felt that the rest room facilities were not adequate for the operation at full capacity.Special Features:
- I found the new menu veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012I found the new menu very limited (compared to original menu) and that the food was overpriced. Service was excellent and we were seated as soon as we arrived.
- Had a great blackened chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2012Had a great blackened chicken caesar salad before the Il Vivo concert a great night all around.Special Features: