Big Bowl - Schaumburg
1950 E. Higgins Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Big Bowl - Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigbowl.com/
- Phone: 8475178881x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:15a m- 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Marc Bernard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have party trays available for carry out or delivery through Take Out Taxi. Trays come in 2 sizes and cover the entire menu. Please call Take-Out-Taxi @ 847-882-2525 to place an order for delivery only.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi private dining area that can seat up to 40 people. Week end rates and restrictions apply.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 847-517-8881x
- Cross Street: Hwy 53/290 and Higgins
- Public Transit: Schaumburg Pace station 1/4 mile north west of the restaurant. Trolley service to/from Woodfield Mall available.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking is available immediately around the building, or in the parking garage to the west of the restaurant.
A word from Big Bowl - Schaumburg
Big Bowl is a pioneering Asian restaurant, vibrant in design and cuisine, offering the latest in authentic Chinese and Thai food. Using market fresh ingredients, Big Bowl’s signatures include dim sum sized appetizers, pad thai, seafood, some truly hot and spicy food, and fresh made ginger ale and lemonade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Big Bowl - Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Big Bowl - Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)good for groups (51)great for lunch (49)kid-friendly (42)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (16)romantic (13)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Just OKSuburbanGirlDined on 10/11/2014Appetizers were very good. Two in our party sent their entrees back and ordered something else. Service was very good though.
- Big Bowl Friday NightFilledwithFoodDined on 10/10/2014We were happily surprised at 6:30 pm, to get a reservation at 7:00 pm on a Friday night at Big Bowl in Schaumburg. Our waitress was friendly & the food was excellent. We would use Open Table & eat at Big Bowl again.Special Features:
- hossa81Dined on 10/10/2014This is my third time in the last couple of months and I always order the same thing. I just love it. Scallops and shrimp with a slightly spicy ginger sauce will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okNannyDined on 10/4/2014Bland plain food. Drinks very expensive . Server was good but she was very odd and got slow towards end of our visit. She didn't explain any meals to us like the male server at table near us - wish we had him! He really sold the dishes to his guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Great service!!! We were seated right on time for our reservation, even though the restaurant was extremely busy (an hour wait for walk-ins).Special Features:
- Good fun on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed the food and the service. We will definitely be back! Thanks Jason.Special Features:
- Much improvedAvisVIPDined on 9/22/2014Very happy with their new-ish menu. The Kung Pao Tofu (order it extra spicy) was really tasty. Our servers were very nice and didn't rush us, even though we sat around for hours.Special Features:
- Good food and diverse menuLilyflowrzVIPDined on 9/19/2014We loved the food. Our waitress did not understand us and we did not understand her. I felt like I was in a foreign country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerAbzr600Dined on 9/19/2014We went to celebrate 22 years of marriage. My wife has been there before and ordered off the you choose bar. We chose to order off the menu this time . Mongolian beef is what I had and wife had shrimp and scallops. Satay chicken and veggie spring roll for appetizers. We were served appetizers and meal within 10 minutes of ordering... Way to fast for my liking. Food was mediocre. Wife's scallops were like eating jello. Mongolian beef was so so. I will go back again to try the food bar. But I don't think I will order off the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Service for LunchHappyCamperVIPDined on 9/17/2014I was concerned about going to Big Bowl for lunch but was pleasantly surprised how quickly we were served. I had Pad Thai-which was OK-not spectacular. It was very fresh, but it seemed like a lot of money for mostly noodles. My friend had Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice-again it was expensive considering the portion size but it was good. Might be a good place to go for a special occasion but I have other places I like better for Chinese Food that are less expensive.Special Features:
- Great customer servicewickedgoodDined on 9/13/2014The menu item I ordered was not the same as the description on the menu. Unfortunately, asparagus was out of season and I didn't care for the vegetables that were used in place of the asparagus. Thankfully our server made certain to bring me a different dish that I thoroughly enjoyed and gave us a complimentary dessert. The customer service is always outstanding, and they are quick to address any issues which may occur.Special Features:
- SusieSusieDined on 9/13/2014Always great food, service and ambiance. We love coming here, and come as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerscynkataDined on 9/13/2014We have always wanted to try big bowl. Had some gift cards so we made reservations and heading out there. It was definitely worth the 40 min drive. Food was great and our server was very helpful. Even my picky son loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Food was tasty and they were able to accomodate a wide variety of eating styles.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceCubanGalVIPDined on 9/10/2014Unfortunately, we did not get the server's name - we were seated in the center of the restaurant, just after 7pm on sept 10. This young man was courteous, friendly, patient, and was there whenever needed. He noticed a greeting card on the table and asked what we were celebrating, then assured a dessert with a candle was brought to our table at the end of the meal. We have been loyal customers for years, when something has not been right, they have stepped up and earned our repeat business - in spite of many changes to menu and presentation, it is their service that continues to impress. Thank you!Special Features:
- Funfuturex332Dined on 9/10/2014Went there with a group of ladies (8) of us and we asked to eat in the bar area since we could get loud ourselves. The staff was very helpful, made recommendations that were very much appreciated. The food was very good, everyone liked their meal. The drinks were very good. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceluvchinthaiDined on 9/8/2014I ordered the Kung Pao chicken and it was good but too salty and I usually eat salty food but this was a bit much for me and I had to let my server know and he was awesome about it and got me another dish of my choice. Usually you don't get charged for the dish you send back but he went above and beyond and took care of our dessert as well. It was a birthday lunch for my best friend and he made it a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCookie6Dined on 9/7/2014It was our granddaughters 16th birthday and besides our food being so good, we also had a great dessert that our waitress brought out. She was really thrilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok but...PaulOVIPDined on 9/5/2014I met a colleague at Big Bowl for lunch as it was central for us and I have to say I was underwhelmed by the state of the restaurant and the food. Our server was fantastic as it was very busy yet she was always there when we needed something. I know it is a very busy area and the restaurant is busy most of the time but both my colleague and I thought the restaurant looked tired and the food was ok but I think other restaurants are passing them up in terms of creativity and freshness.Special Features:
- No Longer tops my listSonomaDined on 9/1/2014I have been to Big Bowl several times. I return for their delicious healthy and zesty appetizers and their home made ginger ale (it does vary in flavor batch to batch). Appreciating their healthier choices in dishes. Not thrilled with the service as it seems to get progressively worse. Front end likes to ignore guests even though, there is usually 2 or more people present. Recently I walked up to the front desk during a meal because our server was no where to be located until check time, to ask for sugar and chopsticks. First I was (again) ignored, eventually I was asked what I wanted - just to turn away leaving me stranded before finally the second hostess asked and delivered. Celebrating a birthday was a BAD idea at Big Bowl.Special Features:
- teriyaki firedriceSanjeevDined on 8/31/2014I love Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice and Kunfu noodlesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014I got a LEY $15 gift card in the mail for my birthday from the rewards program. My wife and I had never been to Big Bowl before but had heard good things. We ate outside on their patio which was quite nice. Great furnature and comfortable chairs but the view of IL-53 and the Streets of Woodfield parking lot didn't make for the most scenic view. The food was great and our service was great.Special Features:
- Great Asian FoodRalphDined on 8/24/2014Great selection of Asian food. I had salmon and pad thai and it was excellent, as was the service. A bit noisy and not the kind of place I'd bring a date for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- notpickyVIPDined on 8/23/2014love picking out veges and salmon was very good. will return soonSpecial Features:
- Friday Early Evening DinnerFayeDined on 8/22/2014I visited Big Bowl for the first time and was beyond satisfied. I made a reservation for 5:45 PM on a Friday night for my Mom and I. We were pleasantly suprised overall. The restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. The service was excellent and our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The biggest suprise was the quality of the food! It was great to eat somewhere that offers healthy, fresh food options. I ordered a Thai dish and my mother ordered Chinese. Both exceeded our expectations as you could clearly taste a difference in the food. Even the beverage choices were great. The pomegranate gingerale was DELICIOUS! We will be sure to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineDined on 8/20/2014The food, service and restaurant location were excellent. Of all the other locations(nothing wrong with them), I will choose this one again. It gave my family the opportunity to continue celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday afterwards at Woodfield Mall and spend more time together as a family. Our waitress who has just been there 2 months was very attentive, caring, knowledgeable and patience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JmjmVIPDined on 8/16/2014Meal started with attitude from the host because we asked to switch tables and not be so close to the kitchen. The water was warm and not served with ice. The children's enters were tiny and the food was not great. We go to the big bowl in Lincolnshire usually and it is much better.
- SharonVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food and staff! Always a pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catered to every exception requestDrHazelDined on 8/15/2014Was able to fix a dish just the way one of our guests requested. The menu was just a set of suggestions. Plenty of vegan choices for our vegan guest, too. And for the rest of us, great food. We liked being able to have either Thai or Chinese style dishes and sauces.Special Features:
- Good stuffMichaelVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great Pad Thai as usual...quick service and food was very enjoyable on a nice summer afternoon in Schaumburg!Special Features:
- Big Bowl never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014This is a favorite restaurant not only for me but for out of town guests. The food is wonderful and the service is great.Special Features:
- Great food and service!wickedgoodDined on 8/8/2014I tried a new menu item - the shrimp chow fun with asparagus. It was a little spicier than I anticipated, but still very good! My husband had the broth-less ramen which was also very good. Loved the blueberry lemonade and cheesecake as well. The ambiance is great, just wish we had known about the outdoor dining! It would have been a beautiful night to sit outside!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014Noise level was almost too loud, but I think it was due to the section we were sitting in—right off the outdoor patio so it was a smaller area that probably echoed more. Plus, it was during prime lunch hour during the week, so it was packed. But the food and service were great! Will be back, but will ask to be seated in the main dining area if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Big BowljuliacDined on 8/2/2014I discovered big bowl through trip advisor and saw how wonderful the reviews were so I gave it a shot! The restaurant was pretty packed at our 8:45pm reservation time, but the service was incredible and we got our food in an extremely timely manner. I would recommend Big Bowl any day!Special Features:
- Great SpotkevinVIPDined on 7/29/2014great food. menu continues to get some minor tweaks. we can usually get some of the dishes that came off the menu which is nice. Lots of variety and fresh ingredient set up for a great meal.Special Features:
- Casual and Delicious Asian SpotChicagoDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014As long as you know that this is a more relaxed and casual Lettuce Entertain You restaurant, this is a perfect place for dinner date for two or larger party. There are plenty of choices on the menu for picky eaters and many healthy options (including vegan and gluten-free). We will definitely return because of the menu variety and the food tastes really good - and trust me, I grew up eating Chinese and Asia food!Special Features:
- Everything was goodKathyDined on 7/20/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and the food is always good and the service constantSpecial Features:
- worthless tripSamraiDined on 7/18/2014Had reservation for 830, got table at 9. Appetizer came after main course. Never saw any concerns about this on face of any staff.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014It was a great time and delicious food!! appetizers were small portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoritejenniferVIPDined on 7/18/2014We LOVE this Big Bowl! Always great service, fantastic food and was a great day to sit outside and enjoy dinner. Since there can often be a wait, we absolutely LOVE that we can make reservations through Open Table and then get seated right away. Sometimes the dining room can be a bit chilly - so I recommend bringing a light sweater if you are wearing your summer shirt! Highly recommended by our family!Special Features: