Big Bowl-Rosedale Mall
1705 Highway 36
Roseville, MN 55113Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Big Bowl-Rosedale Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigbowl.com/
- Phone: 6516367173x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am- 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Big Bowl-Rosedale Mall
Big Bowl features fresh Chinese and Thai food. We make all of our sauces from scratch daily. We offer a wonderful and preservative free kids menu and organic white and chocolate milk! Our meat is hormone and antibiotic free and responsibly raised. We make fresh ginger ale's and lemonades that are out of this world! Our wine list features all organic and sustainable wines and our beer list features many local beers that complement our food nicely. We pride ourselves on great, fresh food and fabulous service, you'll forget you're in a mall! We also have an excellent carryout which can conveniently be ordered online at bigbowl.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Big Bowl-Rosedale Mall - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
Big Bowl-Rosedale Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (28)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good foodJackson14VIPDined on 10/17/2014Hot, spicy and flavorful! Big Bowl does not dissapointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNomnomDined on 10/10/2014Big bowl is a great place to bring a group since they have so many options. They're really accommodating to people with allergies and the make your own stir fry offers a slightly healthier dining option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedbobob1916VIPDined on 10/8/2014$10 for a mai tai? $16 for a small chicken breast and some veggies? I will pass next time. Only reason we were there was because of a Lettuce Entertain You coupon. I would never pay full price for the measly pickings you get here. I left hungry.
- Don't bother making reservationdisgustedDined on 10/6/2014I made a reservation; and received a reminder of my reservation the same day through email. I had not requested any specific table, just any booth , (of which they have many) When we showed up on time, they had our name, but said that a table would not be available for 20 minutes. when I complained , the manager said it is best to call the restaurant,, itself, to remind them the same day So, my question is , what is the point of making a reservation through open table ?? Answer: NoneSpecial Features:
- Always greatbekrierVIPDined on 10/5/2014Big Bowl is our favorite neighborhood restaurant - whether for eat-in or to call in an order for carry out. Great food. Nice wine and bar offerings. Great, easy meal when we don't want to cook.Special Features:
- Always good place to eatrobbie22811Dined on 10/3/2014Only complaint of this visit was we had a reservation at 7:00, arrived early around 6:45, told we just had to wait a bit but our table would be ready close to 7:00. No big deal, except 7:20 came and we weren't sitting so I asked the hostess what was going on and she says, "oh, your table is ready", and got the server to seat us. Our table was probably ready at 7:00... No apology or anything else. Rest of the meal went well and food is always good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisyLikeItQuietDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were good, but the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation at our table of 4. I would not return to this restaurant for that reason.
- Big BowlEatout2oftenDined on 9/26/2014I go here all the time. Normally good, but this time we had a big group and we sat right next to the kitchen. Super super loud noise of pots and pans and cooking going on. Was hard to hold a conversation. And the food was not as hot as it normally is. Was just ok tonight. Our waitress was great. Good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!iufan90Dined on 9/24/2014We were there for book club. It was a little loud for that, but we had great food and great service. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentJstpaulDined on 9/12/2014When it's good it's great. Other times it seems like they are breaking in new kitchen staff. The Mongolian beef on this trip was disappointing...scallions and red onions were undercooked and overpowered the dish. Potstickers were hot on the outside and luke warm inside. Usually the wait staff is attentive but not this time. Vibe of the restaurant is fun as kid friendly.Special Features:
- Loved it!DaystingDined on 8/31/2014Big Bowl is one of my faves, fresh and organic ingredients, friendly staff and the price is right. No need for fancy clothing either. Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but a bit noisybabowDined on 8/21/2014The only negative at all was that it was a bit noisy for our 85 year old friends as it was pretty busy at lunchtime. The quality of the food and service was exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local sourced food and good serviceMonivaDined on 8/20/2014We had very good service and good food on our last visit. We have visited Big Bowl several times over the last couple of years and always come away satisfied with the food and usually the service as well. Much of the food is local sourced, and this time they had a small portion of the menu that when purchased, also donated a dollar to a local youth gardening project organization. So, good food and good works! The one drawback to Big Bowl is the noise, it is loud. I forget about that until I realize that I am nearly shouting to be heard by my companion across the table from me and when we leave, my ears feel relieved from the tension of the noise. I love the make your own stir fry, but it IS quite oily.Special Features:
- lovthatbigbowllovthebigbowlDined on 8/14/2014We were a party of 7 celebrating my daughter-in-laws birthday. I made reservations ahead of time for 7pm and the hostess sat us at the table prepared for us promptly on time. She was very pleasant, smiling and made the beginning of our evening there very upbeat & enjoyable. The fellow who served us was excellent and properly attentive to our group. It was a very pleasant evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014We've found the Big Bowl a dependable place to dine and bring friends. The food is always good and the service friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Better Than the Food Court!MinnTastyDined on 7/12/2014My husband loves Asian food so we tried Big Bowl while we were in Roseville shopping. We absolutely loved everything. We ordered appetizers, soup, and main dishes; the iced tea was even great. Our waitress was attentive and responsive. Just an overall enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Fresh food, service with a smile!KatrinkaDined on 7/9/2014I have a friend who meets me for lunch once every two weeks. Big Bowl is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is consistently fresh and delicious, and the service is impeccable; actually above and beyond. I stuck with my favorite dish, the shrimp pad Thai. Best pad Thai I've ever had, and I've tried a lot. The hibiscus iced tea is always fabulous. Wonderfully refreshing and so tasty! We shared some pot stickers and an egg roll. Both got a unanimous thumbs-up. The molten chocolate cake with coconut ice cream was eye-rollingly wonderful, and made even better paired with a nice cup of French roast coffee. We're already planning our next lunch at Big Bowl, and I think I'll be adventurous and try something new!Special Features:
- The following 352 reviews are from the Big Bowl-Rosedale Mall reviews archive.
- Expect good food with poor serviceGopherGirlVIPDined on 6/12/2014We really enjoy the food at Big Bowl, so we generally accept that at the Roseville location you will get poor service during busy hours. There are servers we have repeatedly (experienced) that continue to make mistakes on orders and ignore the table for long periods of time (especially inconvenient when the table is having drinks and there is not even water at the table). This is usually done with an oblivious smile, so it may be somewhat the training. Since we are patient, we usually don't mind this too much having been frequent enough to lower expectations about service. On the other hand, the food is always fresh and delicious. The hot and sour soup is great! Stir fry gives anyone the chance to make the exact dish they want.Special Features:
- SallorDined on 6/8/2014We celebrated a birthday here. He and his wife are vegetarians, but we are not. We all were very happy with our meals (loved the left-overs the next day) and the drinks. They have a good drink and beer list, but their ginger teas are also excellent.Special Features:
- poor serviceHelen4VIPDined on 6/1/2014We must have had a new waiter, he didn't know the menu, didn't follow up on several things, I had to ask more than once for eating utensils. Gave a positive reaction to a meal for my husband, when my husband didn't enjoy it, he said he had to "get through" eating the meal as well. If he is our waiter again, I will move and likely re consider returning. We are regulars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for casual mealsjienusDined on 5/17/2014It is a Chinese and Thai restaurant. As a Chinese, I feel the Chinese food is mediocre, but I really like the Thai food there. The Pad Thai with shrimp taste especially good.Special Features:
- Good jobDanielDunnDined on 5/11/2014Big Bowl is a fun environment to eat in. We were 2 adults and 4 children. The noise level is good for kids. We were there on Mother's day evening and the food was slow and when it did arrive, mine was cold. I ordered off the menu and the rest of my party did the build your own deal. Maybe it was a timing thing. Although mine was not the perfect temperature, it was very good. That wouldn't stop me from returning. All in all a nice night.Special Features:
- a long waitkristymnDined on 5/11/2014We went on Mother's Day with a party of ten. The wait for drinks and food were exceptionally long, and our server disappeared completely for at least fifteen minutes. The food had less meat than remembered from previous visits, and the kids meals were ridiculous--three cups of white rice and five tiny nuggets of chicken, no veggies at all. We then finished our meal and asked for the bill. Forty minutes later we got our bill...my drink had been charged wrong, but it so wasn't worth the wait to get it changed. Overall, a very disappointing trip. Also, what is up with fortune cookies on the way out? Not okay, Big Bowl.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/9/2014I can always count on great food and service at Big Bowl. Wish they would bring back the old style of egg rolls but other than that, great experience. I will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a placeMaev07Dined on 4/27/2014We recently went to Big Bowl in Rosedale Mall for lunch on a Sunday. It wasn't too busy where we wouldn't be seated (making a reservation on opentable really helped-took 2 minutes on my phone). We sat down and had a great service from the waitress. My husband and I always get the stirfry bar and have never been in satisfied! The couple we were with ordered the same thing but one piece of chicken wasn't done. It wasn't the end of the world so we let them know and they remade it! They took it off the bill and gave all of us free dessert! We will always consider this restaurant high I our list I go-to places! Highly recommend Big Bowl to anyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy But CrampedAmandaDined on 4/25/2014Love the food. No complaints about that and the server was great. The frustrating part of this experience is that we had a reservation. We got there and we were given a buzzer since they needed to clear a table. No big deal, we'll get a drink at the bar. We were buzzed right away and brought to a table with 2 chairs, the reservation was for 4. They eventually brought 2 chairs over and stuck us right up to the noisy kitchen. This wouldn't have been so annoying, but I was noticing that groups of 2 were being seated in nice roomy booths and some obviously didn't have reservations. It was like we were being penalized for planning ahead of time. Next time my reservation will include a note that we want a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten freegfgirlDined on 4/19/2014great gluten free menu with a nice selection of entrees
- Big Bowl is a slightly above-averagfrequentdinerVIPDined on 4/5/2014Big Bowl is a slightly above-average asian-themed restaurant, which sits in a long row of average suburban restaurants at the east end of the Roseville shopping mall. The summer rolls are fresh and quite good; and the paired down cocktail list includes a couple of good drinks. The fish lettuce wraps, in contrast, come with deep fried walleye nuggets that are tough and likely came from the freezer. The orange chicken is greasy and the chicken was soggy from too much orange sauce. If the choices are Applebees, Macaroni Grill or Big Bowl, then Big Bowl is a decent option. But if you have an extra 10 minutes and want asian food, go to Rainbow Chinese at 28th and Nicollet or True Thai on East Franklin -- two of the better places in town.
- Group outingPriyaVIPDined on 3/30/2014We had a night out with our group of 10 friends and choose big bowl rosedale 'cause of their awesome food. The service was great. Our server Johanna was awesome and was able to accommodate our special meal requests for all the members. She refilled the drinks promptly and was quick to add our new requests throughout the meal time. I've been dining in Big bowl since 2009 and this was one of the best times i've had with a group of 10. Great place to go...!!!Special Features:
- Great food and service! TheLauraDined on 3/21/2014Great food and service! The server noticed it was someone's birthdays while checking ID's, before we had a chance to inform her what we were celebrating - it was a great personal touch. She offered a birthday dessert at the end and really made sure the night was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014They have them, and they are quite good. Can be noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has changed an is mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Food has changed an is mediocre at bset...a lot of rice and a lot of uncooked scallions in both dishes...filler?? I probably will not be returning to Big Bowl.The pot stickers were fabulous, but everything else very disappointing. It seemed like a fair amount of money for a mediocre meal.
- Very busy, but good serviceOldFinnVIPDined on 2/28/2014Open Table is absolutely essential on weekend nights. At the time we went in, the wait without a reservation was 60-90 minutes and many people were not going to wait. The service is excellent, despite the fact that the restaurant was completely full. Reasonably priced, varied choices of well-prepared Asian food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great and IJAckDined on 2/24/2014Food is always great and I did bring my wife and older kids there for My wife's birthday and this will now be an annual destination for her birthday.Special Features:
- Consistent!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/22/2014This just seems to be a great spot to meet friends at for a casual, but tasty meal. The drinks are good, and the wine list variable enough. Their ginger-drinks are very tasty. Food is consistent from visit to visit so if you have a fave there, you'll be able to enjoy it over and over. You can keep it quite healthy if you watch the sauces, too. All around good value spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedcleoeyesDined on 2/19/2014I was pleased as this is the millionth time I have eaten at Big Bowl and everything seemed to be in alignment. From the moment we walked in the door till the time we left. the greeters were very nice, the server took pretty good care of us and the food was wonderful. the only thing I could really ask for is that the food temp upon delivery to the table be hotter. my food was a little on the warm side, but tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Bash for a Golden BirthdayDivadishDined on 2/15/2014I Love Big Bowl's originality and food quality. Thgeir portion size is also a good bang for the buck. But and there is always a but,,, a good wait person can make or break any resturant, on my first vist she was over the top with suggestions, funny, sand made many helpful suggestions. The second visit which I brought back my family to celebrate my grand daughters 15 Golden Birthday our wait staff was good but lack the warmth and the suggestions and friendliness. As my Father use to say a little friendliness can go a long way... She could of uses a little more of it. It would of made it a better experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itDaystingDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had so much fun. They have great alturnatives for people with diabetes. We both had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentScottDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time to Big Bowl. The recommendations our waitress gave us REALLY helped us make informed decisions, and added to the overall impression of the restaurant. I had heard that the food was excellent, and our waitress did not disappoint in her level of service, especially with it being Valentine's Day to boot. I highly recommend this place for any lunch/dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big bowl reviewDinerDined on 2/14/2014This is our favorite Friday evening spot. The food is reliably good & service is quick. There is usually quite a long wait for a table unless you make a reservation. They decor is casual & cozy. We love the chicken/peanut egg rolls. I usually do the stir fry bar so I can experiment with various veggies. Lots of families, so it can be noisy.Special Features: