215 Parkway Drive
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigbowl.com/
- Phone: (847) 808-8880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer party platters for carryout. If you need your party catered, you can discuss with a manager and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private dining area that seats up to 40 people. Please contact a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 847-808-8880x
- Cross Street: Millwaukee Ave and Aptakisic
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have a shared lot and we offer valet for $4. If you drive a hybrid car, you will receive $4 off your check. Just show your valet ticket with a green sticker given to you by valet to prove that your car is environmentally friendly.
A word from Big Bowl-Lincolnshire
Big Bowl is a pioneering Asian restaurant, vibrant in design and cuisine, offering the latest in authentic Chinese and Thai food. Using market-fresh ingredients, Big Bowl’s signatures include dim sum-sized appetizers, pad thai, seafood, some truly hot and spicy food and fresh made ginger ale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Big Bowl-Lincolnshire - Best Restaurants in Lincolnshire ›
Big Bowl-Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (74)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (55)kid-friendly (48)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (42)hot spot (33)great for outdoor dining (25)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (19)romantic (18)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- Having been to BIG BOWL many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014this was way out of ordinary,,bad night---didn't think LEY had bad nights. We ordered the usual spring rolls, we got 3/4 of the usual order---bad start. It took another 35 minutes to get diner that was ordered before the spring rolls came. We missed a movie because of the slow service. We will go back, but if they have another night like this----NOT AGAIN Better use up the rewards I have on my card, just in case this is now the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater Dinnerjabs52VIPDined on 11/13/2014There were 7 of us for dinner, some not being Asian food fans. Most of us had the Chef's Choice dinner so we could relax and not go through the line. Everyone was quite satisfied with their entrees. Our waiter was most attentive, as we were waiting for a late dining friend. He took care of her right away and watched for drink refills and other needs. One person likes very plain food and she had the orange chicken and liked it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good appetizers. Entrees too saucy.mamoosedetroisVIPDined on 11/9/2014The spare ribs, lettuce wraps, and vegetable dumplings appetizers are terrific. Wish they weren't so heavy-handed on the sauces. 4 out of 6 people at the table were disappointed that their dishes were drowning in sauce.Special Features:
- Good food & serviceIEatTooMuchDined on 11/9/2014If you like oriental food, you'll like this place. A little pricey, but the food tastes great. Good attentive staff, and most tables are pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to keep coming back to BigBowlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014While the food is decent, the reservation staff was smug, and unwelcoming. We will think twice before considering dinner at Big Bowl. (Our 8:45pm reservation time was ignored - people who walked after us were seated before us , 40min after our reservation time.) To be fair, our waitress was nice and helpful.
- Friendly and RelaxedCriticalEvanstonianVIPDined on 10/31/2014Fun and okay food. Relaxed atmosphere and laid back environment. Had an enjoyable time was served by a friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal of mishapsjsr19VIPDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at Big Bowl several times over the years, but Saturday night was just one misstep after another. Our appetizer came out ice cold, and then our two build your own stir fry dinners were mislabeled and came out incorrectly. Our server and the manager were quick to remedy the issues and make things right. We quickly remade our stir fry bowls, and our correct meals came out just a few minutes later piping hot.Special Features:
- Good place to meet othersSurprisedcustomerDined on 10/17/2014Nice group setting, excellent service, the food is just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but Poor ServiceMicheleDined on 10/11/2014Normally enjoy this restaurant very much, however this time around, service was very poor. Group of six on a Saturday night and apparently confusion among staff on who was to service us. Management finally stepped in, but service only improved slightly. Not sure whether our server was new or just overwhelmed with the number of tables he had. We did receive free dessert on the house for their lack of attention, but overall I was dissappointed.Special Features:
- New menu isn't foodFoodlifeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Egg rolls had too many peanuts and were bland. All other food had way too much black pepper. We used to love big bowl. Not anore.Special Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Everything is great! Food, service, etc. But, we miss the mints by the front door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebubsVIPDined on 10/7/2014Pad Thai is wonderful. Great server I would recommend this restaurant to both young and old. Good location plenty of parking and convenient to movie theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2014Very attentive waitress, food arrived quickly. Large portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- tealoverDined on 9/23/2014My food (ordered off the menu) came out luke warm. The orders that were specially made from the stir fry bar came out very hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant. food is very good but the service is outstanding especially Paul and Antonio that take care of the bar and the people seated at the bar booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Except food and service.BrettBDined on 9/19/2014Except food and service, as always. Still miss the original Chinese Ginger Garlic sauce they updated about a year ago, but the food is still fantastic!Special Features:
- Big Bowl does it againchicagosharDined on 9/19/2014We've been going to Big Bowl for years, and for years it has been my favorite restaurant. Since moving out to Fox Lake, we haven't been there for a while, but this year we treated ourselves to tickets to the Marriott Lincolnshire Theater. So imagine how good it was to be back and to find that I could book reservations on-line plenty in advance so that we wouldn't have to risk standing in line once we got there. It was also a treat to find that the food was as wonderful as I remembered it.Special Features:
- mrsaDined on 9/17/2014We have been going to Big Bowl for a long time and this is the first time we have been disappointed. The food as I said above was just fair and the service was about the same. We will probably give Big Bowl a rest for a while before going back.Special Features:
- Alvin1Alvin1VIPDined on 9/16/2014The dining experience for this restaurant on this occasion was just satisfactory. Although we had a reservation, seating was delayed as there was a problem obtaining a table rather than a booth as we were in need of a highchair. Once seated the service began quickly as it always has in previous dining experiences. Napkins and utensils were brought within a few minutes and our waiter introduced himself. After the perfunctory comments related to whether or not we had dined at Big Bowl previously, the waiter asked for our order. Quality of food was excellent as was temperature of the appetizers and entrees. Drinks were unique and very tasty.Special Features:
- Great new menuCathyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love the new menu, bright and easy to read!! Also like the soup section!! Big Bowl is keeping up with the times in making great changes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014Excellent variety. Nice service. Must like Asian food. Would come back.
- Family FavoritejenniferVIPDined on 9/9/2014This time my husband and I went for lunch without the kids. Great meal, good conversation and love you can book on Open Table and not have to deal with wait times, etc.Special Features:
- Special service4HriverDined on 9/3/2014My entrée was served luke warm. They whisked it away and were able to heat it up quickly. As we were ready to pay the bill, they came over with two desserts for the 4 of us and told us they had extra desserts and there was no charge. That was very nice and special to us.Special Features:
- Great for kids and parentsFamilyof5VIPDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the choices, service and food. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTerribleVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good. Portiins sizes have increased and were very large.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.KevwayfloDined on 8/29/2014Love the food here! Always great and the service is excellent as well. The only down side is that it is usually crowded and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waitressEatingoutVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our waitress was absent, food came out wrong, couldn't get drinks refilled, and had dessert served melted. Usually better service but the last time was terrible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- llmethDined on 8/24/2014Have eaten here before but this time I did not enjoy my meal. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Love it!FoodLuvrDined on 8/23/2014I love food with a kick and Big Bowl certainly has many options in that category. Love the food and service. Comfortable dining ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Always enjoy going to Big Bowl and I am never disappointed. The food was excellent, service was great, our server was Nevena, she did a great job. Don't get to Lincolnshire that often, we usually are in the city at Big Bowl. Lincolnshire location was great and we very much enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, mediocre serviceLincolnshiremomDined on 8/16/2014We went with our kids for dinner on Saturday night. We ordered 2 appetizers ( spicy, peanut noodles and calamari) - both delicious! Kung pao chicken and and szechuan beef were our main courses - both excellent. The kids had a combo platter of chicken satay & potstickers. The waiter was not very well versed on the beers & drinks. He was a little awkward overall - spilling some water on my husband and son. Food was great, service was fair. Would go again.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/11/2014Food is always consistently great at Big Bowl, never disappoints. Only complaint I had about this particular day was that the young hostess was biting her nails the whole time I was eating and it was kind of nauseating. This is the same hostess who seats people and gives them their menus, and she's had her fingers in her mouth! Unfortunately the manager at the desk had her back to her and didn't even notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use to be GreatFoodreviewsDined on 8/9/2014This use to be a favorite. But they cheated up on the menu, poor quality of food, At best an average Chinese restaurant.
- good again?RemyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have made this establishment a regular stop on our culinary journey..Special Features:
- One of our favoritesGrabadinerskiVIPDined on 8/8/2014The server was extremely helpful, the food was delicious (as always) and the people watching was top notch.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!TptgrlDined on 8/5/2014Always enjoy the food and experience at Big Bowl Lincolnshire. So many great Asian food optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency pays off!Alvin1VIPDined on 8/4/2014Another consistent dining experience. Reservation was honored for 4. Wait staff was prompt; utensils, water, napkins, etc. quickly brought to the table. Server welcomed us; reviewed the specials and answered questions diners had regarding drinks. Drinks came promptly and we ordered an appetizer for 4, lettuce wraps with chicken and hoisen sauce. This was followed with our entree orders which for all 4 consisted of the stir fry seloection. We selected our protein, sauces, etc. and followed up with the veggies. Great selection and fresh! Within a few minutes finished entrees were brought to our table. Hearty portions & correct temperature. Mean was finished up with a desert for the table. Consistentcy counts! We will be back againSpecial Features:
- FANTASTIC MEALOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were so happy with our entree choices. We got Shrimp Pad Thai and a Chicken Curry dish. Both were exceptional, we decided when we eat at Big Bowl again we will order the exact same thing! We also got spicy beans for an appetizer, loved those, too!Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/2/2014In addition to great food. the service was outstanding. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the dishes & made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, parking a nightmareALR1Dined on 7/31/2014Like the title says, good food, parking puts you off. We almost left before we began due to the parking. One should not be forced to pay to park. We almost missed our reservation time due to the fact we had to park so far away. Ridiculous. Food was fine. Service a bit lacking. So, would recommend for a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.