215 Parkway Drive
Lincolnshire, IL 60069Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigbowl.com/
- Phone: 8478088880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer party trays for carryout. If you need your party catered, you can discuss with a manager and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private dining area that seats up to 40 people. Please contact a manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 847-808-8880
- Cross Street: Millwaukee Ave and Aptakisic
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have a shared lot and we offer valet for $4. If you drive a hybrid car, you will receive $4 off your check. Just show your valet ticket with a green sticker given to you by valet to prove that your car is environmentally friendly.
A word from Big Bowl-Lincolnshire
Big Bowl is a pioneering Asian restaurant, vibrant in design and cuisine, offering the latest in authentic Chinese and Thai food. Using market-fresh ingredients, Big Bowl’s signatures include dim sum-sized appetizers, pad thai, seafood, some truly hot and spicy food and fresh made ginger ale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Big Bowl-Lincolnshire - Best Restaurants in Lincolnshire ›
Big Bowl-Lincolnshire reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (89)great for lunch (87)kid-friendly (70)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (51)great for outdoor dining (35)hot spot (30)romantic (28)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (23)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (18)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great for kids and parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the choices, service and food. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTerribleVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good. Portiins sizes have increased and were very large.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Love the food here! Always great and the service is excellent as well. The only down side is that it is usually crowded and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waitressEatingoutVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our waitress was absent, food came out wrong, couldn't get drinks refilled, and had dessert served melted. Usually better service but the last time was terrible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- llmethDined on 8/24/2014Have eaten here before but this time I did not enjoy my meal. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Love it!FoodLuvrDined on 8/23/2014I love food with a kick and Big Bowl certainly has many options in that category. Love the food and service. Comfortable dining ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Always enjoy going to Big Bowl and I am never disappointed. The food was excellent, service was great, our server was Nevena, she did a great job. Don't get to Lincolnshire that often, we usually are in the city at Big Bowl. Lincolnshire location was great and we very much enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, mediocre serviceLincolnshiremomDined on 8/16/2014We went with our kids for dinner on Saturday night. We ordered 2 appetizers ( spicy, peanut noodles and calamari) - both delicious! Kung pao chicken and and szechuan beef were our main courses - both excellent. The kids had a combo platter of chicken satay & potstickers. The waiter was not very well versed on the beers & drinks. He was a little awkward overall - spilling some water on my husband and son. Food was great, service was fair. Would go again.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/11/2014Food is always consistently great at Big Bowl, never disappoints. Only complaint I had about this particular day was that the young hostess was biting her nails the whole time I was eating and it was kind of nauseating. This is the same hostess who seats people and gives them their menus, and she's had her fingers in her mouth! Unfortunately the manager at the desk had her back to her and didn't even notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use to be GreatFoodreviewsDined on 8/9/2014This use to be a favorite. But they cheated up on the menu, poor quality of food, At best an average Chinese restaurant.
- good again?RemyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have made this establishment a regular stop on our culinary journey..Special Features:
- One of our favoritesGrabadinerskiDined on 8/8/2014The server was extremely helpful, the food was delicious (as always) and the people watching was top notch.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!TptgrlDined on 8/5/2014Always enjoy the food and experience at Big Bowl Lincolnshire. So many great Asian food optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency pays off!Alvin1Dined on 8/4/2014Another consistent dining experience. Reservation was honored for 4. Wait staff was prompt; utensils, water, napkins, etc. quickly brought to the table. Server welcomed us; reviewed the specials and answered questions diners had regarding drinks. Drinks came promptly and we ordered an appetizer for 4, lettuce wraps with chicken and hoisen sauce. This was followed with our entree orders which for all 4 consisted of the stir fry seloection. We selected our protein, sauces, etc. and followed up with the veggies. Great selection and fresh! Within a few minutes finished entrees were brought to our table. Hearty portions & correct temperature. Mean was finished up with a desert for the table. Consistentcy counts! We will be back againSpecial Features:
- FANTASTIC MEALOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were so happy with our entree choices. We got Shrimp Pad Thai and a Chicken Curry dish. Both were exceptional, we decided when we eat at Big Bowl again we will order the exact same thing! We also got spicy beans for an appetizer, loved those, too!Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 8/2/2014In addition to great food. the service was outstanding. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the dishes & made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, parking a nightmareALR1Dined on 7/31/2014Like the title says, good food, parking puts you off. We almost left before we began due to the parking. One should not be forced to pay to park. We almost missed our reservation time due to the fact we had to park so far away. Ridiculous. Food was fine. Service a bit lacking. So, would recommend for a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tasty!BurbDiningDined on 7/31/2014Had dinner here for first time in a year. Food is consistent. Here are my thoughts: 1) Stir Fry Bar Bowl keeps getting smaller and smaller! I love this bar but I wish it was bottomless! Missed opportunity. 2) Wine At least, Big Bowl stopped serving the ridiculous 2 oz. for $7 and are back to full glasses of wine at regular prices. 3) Menu Nice new variety of food.Special Features:
- dino56Dined on 7/29/2014Food is always good and a lot of variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service I've ever hand.sofaDined on 7/28/2014The service was terrible. Ordered pot stickers came without dipping sauces to forever to get the waitress to return to the table to ask for sauces or anything else that evening. There were 6 of us some of the food was very good others were overly salty. Ordered dessert s and coffee. Desserts were to share no extra plates came had to get up and get our own plates. Coffee came 10 minutes after the desserts were delivered. Asked for cream 3 separate times never got it. Didn't get any spoons to stir sugar into coffee had to get up again and find our own. We ended up not drinking the coffee. We are great fans of the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants, but this one is definitely off our list.
- Top QualitySirDineALotVIPDined on 7/27/2014Everything we ate was fresh and delicious - spare rib and crab bites appetizers, the chicken and wonton soup, Thai hot pepper with rice. The service was very good as well. Service and food are consistently excellent.
- Great date nite spotmhvmkDined on 7/25/2014Nice outdoor dining, families, couples and groups all there. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Never disappointsToneDined on 7/19/2014Big Bowl is one of our go-to places when we just want to have great food and they never disappoint. Once again, we had a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Great foodCiscoKidsDined on 7/18/2014The "Pineapple Shrimp" rice bowl was fantastic. For a dessert treat try the "momich", they are a delicious combination of ice cream with a fruit coating.Special Features:
- The service was exceptional!connieDined on 7/16/2014Usually I like the food the most, but this evening the service was really good. The waiter was a young man (he said he was Russian) I can't remember his name. He was attentive, friendly and very concerned about our experience. He made it very enjoyable. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Had a great waiter. Food was really good. The bartenders Paul & Antonio are outstanding. Great hostesses tooSpecial Features:
- Nice for casual diningAnniversary20VIPDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant has a bar area when you walk in and to the right is the main dining area with booths, tables and view of the kitchen where the food is cooked. We had 5:45 reservations and got seated right away. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, however is a bit noisy with the tables being close together. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu items as we asked questions on how certain items were prepared and for recommendations. We both ordered shrimp and scallops, but I had them in the Bangkok sauce and my husband had the sweet ginger sauce. There were good portions of seafood cooked just right and served over a bed of rice. Both sauces were delicious. In the past I've tried the orange chicken and it's equally good.Special Features:
- very good!friendVIPDined on 7/9/2014The food was very good and the hibiscus lemonade was excellent. We also enjoyed our server.Special Features:
- A Go To PlaceJabsmomDined on 7/9/2014This is a go to place for us. The food is always great, the service is excellent, and our reservations are always on time. Brought my mom and daughter for the first time and we were treated with a special appetizer to enjoy. A really nice touch.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable mealjustcruisinDined on 7/5/2014Great service, refreshing menu items, very tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickiDined on 6/28/2014The food is overpriced. It was very good, but double the price of most Thai/Chinese restaurants. Service was very good. Wine list could use improvement. Poor choicesSpecial Features:
- Potential to be betterjrj212VIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was sporadic. Food ranged from OK to very good. We sat outside and noticed that the umbrellas are really for show and not shade.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everRemyVIPDined on 6/24/2014This establishment seems to be improving...over time..Go check it out..there's something for everyone on the menu..desserts are the best!Special Features:
- trustmeDined on 6/21/2014Our drinks, appetizer, entree, and desert were all extra delicious. Our waiter was friendly, helpful in making our choices and attentive. The entire staff made us feel very welcome. We had a reservation and even though the restaurant was very busy, we were seated immediately in the area we requested. Had a great experience and would highly recommend it. Even the valet was very helpful.Special Features:
- The group was big,George was great.connieDined on 6/21/2014We had a large group and George was very patient and did a nice job.Special Features:
- Food is Spicy!ieduca8VIPDined on 6/16/2014Watch out when ordering several of the dishes here at Big Bowl! On 2 different occasions I ordered 2 different entrees (Sesame Chicken Fried Rice & 7 Flavor Chicken) and each time the food was inedible due to the heat from the chili peppers in each dish. Now, I can take spicy food - up to a point. But when there you can find 4 large hot chili peppers in a dish, it's time to label a menu item as HOT & SPICY! There were absolutely no warnings on the menu that these dishes are spicy hot (AS INDICATED WITH A FIREY MOUTH) as indicated with other spicy dishes on the menu. Management will replace an inedible spicy dish for a customer, so be sure to speak up if you do get a too spicy entree!Special Features:
- Father's day dinerElianaVIPDined on 6/15/2014Had the summer rolls (with asparagus) and barbeque salmon and both tasty and moist. Server very fast and nice also.Special Features:
- Big BowlBabsDined on 6/14/2014Went there with my husband on Saturday night. We were very disappointed in their "new appetizer" , it was described as a Thai Crab cake with spicy dipping sauce. When it arrived there 5 breaded balls on a dish. They tasted like salmon patties. When I told this to the eserver, he said yes, there is other fish in them. I'm sure there was very little crab in them and the description said all crab. So were not happy with that at all. Would not order that again.Special Features:
- relaxing eveningSeniorsoutforfunVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is the third time that we have been here in the last two months. We were seated before our reservation time in the corner of the bar. It was very quiet compared to the main dining room. Our waitress 'Denver' helped make the evening a memorable one. Food was very good. Never had anything that we did not enjoy. A place to try if you never have been here. A glass of wine and two entrees was more than adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2014I've never had a bad experience at Big Bowl. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun and the servers are incredibly personable.I would recommend this to a friend.