4 Front St. E
Toronto, ON M5E 1G4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Biffs-Bistro.aspx
- Phone: 4168600086x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Amanda Ray
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Biff's Bistro offers two exclusive private dining rooms. The intimate and charming Grey Room for smaller gatherings and the more dramatic Red Room, which features 18’ ceilings and spacious seating. Biff's Bistro is also available for full restaurant buyouts on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Private Dining 8775787386
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: Biff's Bistro is located one and a half blocks east of Union Station and two blocks south of King Station using the subway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking for Biff's Bistro is available in the 33 Yonge building, accessible from Scott Street between Wellington and Front Streets, and is $2 for dinner guests after 5:30pm.
A word from Biff's Bistro
Reminiscent of a 1930's Parisian Bistro, Biff's Bistro is a smart, upscale masterpiece by Toronto über-restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. The stylish lounge, featuring a stunning zinc-topped bar, represents pure vintage design, while handsome leather banquettes, warm wood paneling and grand mirrors create a rich, lively dining space. In this setting, Chef Amanda Ray presents an extensive menu of inspiring French bistro cuisine, with an impressive corresponding wine list. Located in the heart of downtown, just steps away from many downtown theatres, hotels and the Air Canada Centre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Biff's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Biff's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)great for outdoor dining (120)fit for foodies (116)romantic (83)great for lunch (83)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (66)notable wine list (53)great for brunch (29)hot spot (24)late-night find (15)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014over all our food was really delicious,though I had the Steak Frites and found the steak very tough. I ordered it med-rare which usually is great. We have been to Biffs before and everything was amazing so this was unusual. Kathy GallagherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Food worth Every CentMoogleDined on 8/23/2014It was my husband's birthday and we wanted to treat him to "home" food. He is French and it is hard to find authentic French food in TO. Biff's get 2 thumbs up from me. The menu is small and the food is prepared with great care. The wine list is to die for and to top it off the service is homely, the servers were well averse in the ingredients, cooking method and did not shy away from listening and then recommending. Thank you all for a wonderful time and making our evening something we will remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BiffsLarryDined on 8/22/2014We had another lovely dinner at Biffs. We were lucky enough to order oysters - they were served in the half shell with horseradish and hot sauce. A couple had grit in them but they were fresh and tasty. I had the trout which was good - a bit too much olive oil on the side for my taste but still tasty overall. Hubby had the chicken and loved it. Waitress was new to the restaurant but did very well with good service and knowledge about the menu. It was quiet inside but outside patio was full - we had a nice quiet table for two with attentive staff and had an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some commentswatababeDined on 8/21/2014The waitress took a bit long time to get first drink which they could make it faster. However, they gave some nice decoration onto the dessert plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was cold...they attempted to rectify. Was there last year and it was superb...was disappointed this year.Special Features:
- StrongDined on 8/20/2014As always the service was great, the food very good. Basically love the place.Special Features:
- Always a favoritesanddcDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Biffs several times for lunch and dinner, and have always had exemplary service, exciting food selections, and delicious food. On August 15th, we took my husbands parents to dinner, and once again, the dinner was a roaring success. Our server, Natalie, was very attentive to our table, and made sure that Mom and Dad, who are in their nineties, were given the best of service and made the evening run smoothly. Dad and I enjoyed the $1 oysters - what a bargain. Beef cheek and bone marrow, lamb shank, beef bourguignon, calves liver, salmon tartar and warm octopus salad were all winners. Thanks Biffs!Special Features:
- Delicious French faireCitylikes5Dined on 8/10/2014Made a last minute reservation with Opentable, excellent French food. The music was a little loud by they turned it down after a couple of requests. Very good service. Location was unattractive but overall we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Portion size was disappointing. The duck confit fettuccini was all pasta and very little duck.
- Biff's Bistro Just Keeps Giving!PeterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Biff's has been around for a while...started out very well and just keeps getting better! The menu is imaginative and the dishes are good and reliable. Prices are reasonable given the quality of the cuisine. Service is friendly and attentive. The outdoor area is excellent at this time of the year, and street noise is almost absent because of vehicle blocks further along. My only suggestion...find a way to get the fresh oysters to the table a little faster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014From the minute we entered the restaurant the service was excellent. Can't say enough, the food was delicious starting with the oysters and everyone absolutely loved their entres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambrotDined on 8/8/2014Love, love, love the duck breast. Hubby loved his beef and the girls steak was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitFstrazDined on 8/7/2014We went to Biff's 2 years ago & loved the food. Even better this time. Menu very inventive & varied. Service was terrific. The beef cheek & marrow app was outstanding. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialGossipGirlTODined on 8/5/2014Of all the O&B restaurants, I will always choose Biff's if I want to show off to a guest. The food is consistently amazing, but it's the thoughtful and attentive staff that go out of their way to makes the experience unforgettable. Thank you again for another fantastic evening. XOXO, Gossip GirlSpecial Features:
- Fantastic meal!DrSHaDined on 7/27/2014An evening with the girls started perfectly with a lovely meal at Biff's. The food was fantastic! The service was impeccable. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio lunchCarolSDined on 7/25/2014Met colleagues for lunch on a beautiful Friday late July. Didn't expect to get a seat on patio but we lucked out. Very comfy. Food was great. Service was a bit on the slow side, especially getting drinks before ordering our food. Overall really good and will go back at some point.Special Features:
- AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014I have a strict salt-- restricted diet. The waiter & chef were very accommodating & helpful with advice as to what would be appropriate & what could be altered to suit my need. I have also found this at the O & B restaurant that we frequent at Bayview VillageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biffs worth going out forboshaeDined on 7/20/2014You notice the efficiency of the staff immediately and their understanding of the menu is great. Inside can be a little noisy when the tables are full but you soon forget that when you are served your appetizer. Beautifully presented and made to perfection, the food makes the place. Not a fan of the booth seating as you sink to far in and need a cushion. Made me feel like I was getting a booster seat. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as pleasedbertDined on 7/19/2014We chose our one Summerlicious restaurant to be biffs this year . What a disappointment that they that were out of oysters by 7pm. We usually like to have oysters and that is why we chose this place however it was a bit if a let down this time as a result. The usual mustard and cornichons we're not offered as well for the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialJKYTDined on 7/19/2014Went here with my girlfriends, the restaurant was okay but here’s why points got deducted: -They stuffed us into a tiny stuffy red room in the back with only 1 waitress tending to all the tables. There were crying babies and kids running around. The front looked like it had better ambience. -Our waitress only ‘checked up’ on us when she was picking up our empty plates. It also took 15-30 minutes to get our bill. This may be because she had to tend to all the tables in the room. -Food was subpar with poor presentation. My ham looked like the cold cut from the grocer's piled on a plate. My entree was cold. I expected more from an O&B restaurant. I wouldn’t recommend it but wouldn’t be opposed to coming back if someone else really wanted to.Special Features:
- Great dinnerRaccoonDined on 7/18/2014We love this restaurant and will come back again. Food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Smiles all over the .ShwetaDined on 7/18/2014very good service. Couldn't be better. Smiles all over the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!bestfoodeverDined on 7/18/2014Overall an extremely well prepared meal! The appetizers were quite delicious, although my friend did not enjoy the chilled cucumber soup too much. All four of us ordered the Veal steak for our entrées. Les pommes écrasées were arguably the best potatoes I have ever eaten. They were perfectly seasoned and cooked. The green beans and mushrooms added nice texture to the meal. My only complaint is that the veal was a bit tough but despite that, it was well seasoned and quite delicious. The desserts looked very delicious and tasted even better. I had the Bordel de Fraises (I think that was the name) and I enjoyed every last bite. The portioning of the meal was also quite perfect. All in all, an excellent meal :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualkrinidDined on 7/18/2014Good food & service as usual ... still one of my favourite restaurants and "must" on the SLic & WLic lists, but: 1) I still miss my favourite dessert ... the bread pudding! It was phenomenal and I want it again, please bring it back. (: 2) I had to specifically request bread & butter for the table. Is this not a standard option anymore?Special Features:
- Nice restaurant overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We went for Summerlicious lunch. The Veal Steak Diane Paillard was tasty. Grilled Chicken au Pistou was pretty nice too. Appetizers and desserts were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Slow ServiceleafchickDined on 7/18/2014Considering the location of the restaurant (in the downtown core), the food was good, but the wait was slow. Even with a set course menu with minimal choices, it took an hour to be served the two main courses, and we waited about 15 minutes before walking out before dessert was even served. May be different if you are just dining for one meal.Special Features:
- SunceDined on 7/18/2014I went to Biff's Bistro with friends to try out their Summerlicious Menu. We all ordered different items and thoroughly enjoyed our dishes. My veal steak was especially delicious as was the strawberry meringue dessert! The service was impeccable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressive at allilovedrinkDined on 7/17/2014Although it was a well organized place with the fancy look, the service was too slow that I had to ask a random waitress (didnt even have own server) if we could start with some drink. I had a medium rare steak but it was chewy despite that it was juicy with a little blood coming out of the meat. I guess that they used some cheap meat for summerlicious special. I also had the chill cucumber soup which smells like a barn. But the wines are good. Especially 900 Grapes Savignon Blanc was just perfect to cover the barn like smell cucumber soup. Desserts were not so good or not so bad either. They were okay.
- DurhamfoodieDined on 7/17/2014great food, beautiful presentation, excellent service, wine pricy. loved the outdoor seatingSpecial Features:
- great patio for lunchfool4patiosDined on 7/17/2014We were four for Summerlicious and had a nice table on the patio. We all found the options varied enough to please everyone. Each course was attractive and delicious. This will not be our last visit. It really does not feel like a chain because each restaurant has a feeling of it's own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Great food. Tasted the summerlicious menu. Had the salmon tartare, veal, and baravois. Veal was a little overdone.Special Features:
- Delightful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014The entire meal was meticulously presented, with each course a culinary delight to the eye & palate. The staff is extremely polite, friendly & obviously enjoy delivering each part of the meal to their guests. I would highly recommend your restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverDined on 7/16/2014My entree was steak Diane which I liked. My friend had fish, but she found the vermicelli too cold just like from a fridge. The food came in good portions. Service was great. Very nice patio with flowers and vibrant street scene. We were sitting inside and there was a fly hovering around our table for a while and even touched down on my friend's arm. Overall it was an enjoyable lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tigereyecan55HSDined on 7/15/2014This was our first time at Biff's. We are both great fans of French food. The choices on the summerlicious menu were excellent, the lunchtime portions were small, but we are sure the evening portions are larger. It is understandable as a lot of the patrons were on their lunch and needed to get back to the office. We cannot comment on the evening meals, but the patio was full at lunchtime. All in all, a pleasant place to go for a leisurely lunch.Special Features:
- SummerliciousLienLyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Oliver Bonacini's restaurants for Summerlicious is becoming disappointing! I'm doing another lunch today at Luma, hopefully better experience.Special Features:
- Fantastique!FoodieDined on 7/14/2014My bf and I visited Biff's for the first time and had a wonderful summerlicious dinner. We had the chilled cucumber soup and salad Vietnamienne, which were both ok. His Beef Stead Diane was cooked perfectly and my Chicken au Pistou was very moist and full of flavour. No complaints about the entrees at all! For dessert we had the Un Bordel de Fraises and Chocolate Bavarois. They were both delicious and had the combinations of tart and sweet. Service was awesome, our servers were very attentive and accommodating--we had a friend join us late and they did not have an issue with pulling another table over to seat him. We dined on a Monday night and so the restaurant was fairly quiet. The $1 oysters after 5 were a plus!Special Features:
- Summerlicious prix fixeDiner64Dined on 7/14/2014Nice choice of dishes on the Summerlicious menu; good price. Every dish was excellent, and the four of us tried nearly each of the menu items. The 20° evening temperature made dinner on the terrace a great place; as did the construction on Front which eliminated most of the usual traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OystersnotafoodieDined on 7/14/2014Very friendly staff and helpful. Wine paring suggestions were well done and appreciated. $1 Oysters were small but very tasty and worth it. Great Martini. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Waiting, but All is GoodBaroloDined on 7/14/2014We were 2 for lunch, on the patio. All was great, except it took an hour for our mains to reach the table (large group inside affected the kitchen, we were told) and my liver was just warm, not hot. The manager insisted on taking my main back, for a re-heat (which worked well) and we were comped some items. O&B restaurants all seem to strive for a happy customer experience and are always ready to fix something if they can and to comp something as a nod to the client for whatever went amiss. We will be back, for sure.Special Features:
- Sunday PM at BiffsBIGB59Dined on 7/13/2014Was greeted right away. Offer a choice of seats, chose the patio. It was a beautiful day. Had the Summerlicious menu plus some oysters. Food was great. Good selection of wines. Servers were around but didn't hover. We will definitely return.Special Features: