4 Front St. E
Toronto, ON M5E 1G4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Biffs-Bistro.aspx
- Phone: (416) 860-0086
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Amanda Ray
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Biff's Bistro offers two exclusive private dining rooms. The intimate and charming Grey Room for smaller gatherings and the more dramatic Red Room, which features 18’ ceilings and spacious seating. Biff's Bistro is also available for full restaurant buyouts on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Private Dining 8775787386
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: Biff's Bistro is located one and a half blocks east of Union Station and two blocks south of King Station using the subway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking for Biff's Bistro is available in the 33 Yonge building, accessible from Scott Street between Wellington and Front Streets, and is $2 for dinner guests after 5:30pm.
A word from Biff's Bistro
Reminiscent of a 1930's Parisian Bistro, Biff's Bistro is a smart, upscale masterpiece by Toronto über-restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. The stylish lounge, featuring a stunning zinc-topped bar, represents pure vintage design, while handsome leather banquettes, warm wood paneling and grand mirrors create a rich, lively dining space. In this setting, Chef Amanda Ray presents an extensive menu of inspiring French bistro cuisine, with an impressive corresponding wine list. Located in the heart of downtown, just steps away from many downtown theatres, hotels and the Air Canada Centre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Biff's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Biff's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)good for groups (70)special occasion (69)great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (45)romantic (41)notable wine list (40)late-night find (20)hot spot (18)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- A "Go To" For Tourists and LocalsTOSandy15Dined on 11/25/2014I've been to Biffs many times because the food is great and the service is top notch. I love the 'buck a shuck' oyster special, but you have to get there early to avoid disappointment. The chicken liver parfait is smooth, well seasoned and comes with homemade pickles and relish that add texture, crunch and a bit of acid to the sweet and creamy parfait. It's hard to pass up. The beef bourguignon is French comfort food at its finest. The sockeye salmon is good, but a little bland for my taste. Servers are always friendly and attentive. They can get you out in a hurry if you're catching a show or game, but no one minds if you are making a night of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchDeanVIPDined on 11/20/2014The food was excellent as always. Service was attentive but we did have to wait a while for the server to return to process my credit card at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Highly Recommended for groups, great food to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still one of my favoritesmrtjtDined on 11/14/2014Usually service is great, but this time it was below below par. An inattentive server just buzzing around...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long Overdue Catch UpChrisDined on 11/8/2014I caught up with my cousin for dinner on this particular evening. I suggested Biff's not knowing it was one of his favourite restaurants! The featured pig dish that evening screamed "SOLD!" as soon as our Server described it. Normally I am not a sauerkraut fan, but the way the flavours blended together made it simply fantastic! I was keen on trying the Bone Marrow dish since a friend has had it in the past. Although it may hinder some, it was absolutely divine! Next to the Chicken Liver Parfait, this is another sure winner app. next time I go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Service is very good at all times. All FOH staff are very polite and knowledgeable of the menu. Food was outstanding. I've been to Biff's before and every time I get the chicken liver parfait, this time was no different. It's still really good. The seared fois felt like it was playing with my heart on the way down to my stomach. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- AnonMarkhamiteDined on 11/7/2014We have enjoyed Biff's for lunchs and dinners. They never let us down. Food and service are always exceptional. We have recommended Biff's to friends who concur and are also now repeat customers which confirms our view of this fine establishment. Congratulations, O&B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual! Always a greatCowboy777VIPDined on 11/6/2014Arrived at 1:40 for lunch. Sold out of quiche but both entrees were fabulous! Jane never been disappointed here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!MacaneseVIPDined on 11/4/2014My husband and I arrived at 5:45 pm Tuesday night for an early dinner before a 7:30 Raptors game. Our main server kept an eye on all the entrees to ensure we didn't have to wait more than a few minutes between courses, and did not forget about us when the place got busy at around 6:30. I was disappointed about their salmon tartar served on a bed of lentils, under some beets and pickled beets. The pickled beets were too overpowering. Then came my main entree - the sesame crusted tuna was cooked to perfection! Dessert was also great- the almond- orange cake was small in portion, but very rich, also served with a scoop of fragrant vanilla ice cream.Special Features:
- Bistro on FrontRestofanDined on 11/2/2014Biff's Bistro is a very good French-style bistro. Very nice oysters, great appetizers and pleasant and unusual mains. Attractive dining room and excellent service.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Experience!PandPDined on 11/2/2014We went to Biff's to celebrate my birthday. We arrived early in order to enjoy a drink at the bar, The bartender recommended a wonderful white wine from the Loire valley. We enjoyed conversing with him about our travels to France. The dinner experience was excellent. Sunday's are "no corkage" nights. We had brought a red wine which was perfectly decanted and served by our waitress. We enjoyed oysters to start. They were so fresh and tasty we ordered another dozen. For our appetizer we shared a very delicious foie gras. One of the best tasting presentations of foie gras we have ever had. I had the calves liver for my main course and my husband had the duck. Both were excellent. We had no room for dessert but the waitress bought a complimentary dessert with Happy Birthday written on the plate. It was a nice surprise especially as we did not mention when making the reservation that it was a special occasion. She must have picked up on it from our conversation. The entire evening was a delight. I would highly recommend Biff's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014While our waiter came by immediately after we were seated to take our drinks order, he did not come back until after 25 minutes to take our lunch order ! Bread, rolls or other customary pre-meal items were no where to be seen. Meals themselves arrived 20 minutes later. So while the lunch offerings were fine, we shall not be returning due to the poor service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014We had a great meal with excellent service. Problem was we sat next to a loud talking woman whose conversation we were not particularly interested in hearing. The steak tartar was the greatest.Special Features:
- Great dinner outstanding serviceBmanVIPDined on 10/18/2014We hadn't been to Biff's in a couple of years and we forgot how great it is! We were there before a concert. Server knew the menu well, and also ensured we got out on time. He made great recommendations too. We'll go back for sure!Special Features:
- Bistro findMichaelDVIPDined on 10/18/2014Biff's exceeded our expectations on all counts and we would definitely go back! From the greeting to the settling of the bill, the service and experience was very good, bordering on excellent. The food was very good, and the steak frites were excellent! Cocktails were well made (second best Cosmo and third best Tom Collins we had experienced) and the wine suggestion was a very good complement to the meal! It was very crowded pre-theatre but the staff, without rushing us, had us on our way in more than enough time to make our show.Special Features:
- Delicious but PriceyLauraDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I shared a charcuterie board, frogs legs and shrimp cocktail. The board was amazing with very unique and diverse meats, the frogs legs were better than chicken wings and had a finger-licking-good peanut sauce and the shrimp were large, fresh and tender. We loved our meal, but prices were rather extravagant. My glass of house red was $9.75, and his pumpkin-fizz drink was $12. However, if you are looking for a nice place to treat yourself on a special occasion, this is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningLinkster4Dined on 10/16/2014Interesting menu relatively typical of a French bistro; lighter or heavier items depending on degree of hunger; portions are manageable; great oyster bar; prix fixe menu available; excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly ParisianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Went on a Saturday night with a group and chose to sit at the lounge section as opposed to dining; food was pricey (had oysters, escargot, frog legs and duck entre) but worth it; yummy food; excellent service; can't wait to go back ( probably on a Sunday night since it's free corkage then)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biff's is now my go-to placefrequentTorontovisitorDined on 10/8/2014The service is excellent. The food is outstanding. We are always treated so well from arrival until we leave. When in Toronto Biff's is becoming my go-to place for dinner.Special Features:
- an other great eveningMandYVIPDined on 10/4/2014Quite found of most of O&B restaurants, we had an other great experience which complemented perfectly our day. Service was great and food exquisite. You've got to try these madeleines!Special Features:
- Solid!jayzeeDined on 10/3/2014Really outstanding service. The food was good, a bit overpriced but definitely solid. Overall, a very positive Toronto experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a Gem!!HiMaintenanceDined on 10/1/2014Biff's does everything right to make you feel special. Then they overwhelm you with amazing food choices and inspired wines. And they do it with real aplomb. Everyone's a pro here and every visit is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our anniversarynorthernfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Perfect early dinner on Saturday night to start off our night of celebrating. Waitress Melanie was very attentive & helpful in choosing meal components. Food was spectacular, especially the Beef Bourguignon. Best bang for our buck we`ve ever had anywhere outside of Montreal. Recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FeelingfabfondfoodieDined on 9/26/2014As usual, always a treat. Tried new menu selections which were delicious. Service impeccable and Judith (management) is a joy with her joie de vivre personality. Special attention was paid to dessert as we were celebrating my husband's birthday. It was the perfect touch, not showy, as I requested, just special. Another wonderful experience at Biff's… and no Metro ride home required :)Special Features:
- Not impressedAOneDined on 9/26/2014Sat for more than10 minutes before any server came over. None of the food was impressive, except for the fresh French bread, which we had to ask for, after our appetizers were finished. The steaks were inedible and not because they were served cold. They were undercooked, but not rare. It was obvious that the meat was stale dated. Would neither recommend nor repeat.Special Features:
- unique menu and delicious food!debmackDined on 9/25/2014I love Biff's for the comfortable setting and mouth-watering bistro - style food. I highly recommend their steak - frites; I could eat it every day. Lunch or dinner, it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmandDined on 9/23/2014Another painful experience! Poor service, music so loud it was difficult to converse. Specials not available, still waiting for the bread softer several requests. Very low on price/performance scale. Cannot recommend.
- A Fall luncheon on Biff's Patioglikes2eatDined on 9/23/2014it was a business luncheon, - the majority chose to eat outside. That was fine until our spot fell into shade - thankfully the staff offered me a pashmina shawl to keep me warm. There were a few hornets - but no one was stung. We all had the soup of the day - it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Not OverpricedBob13Dined on 9/20/2014The food was exceptional, and the Biff's Fixe menu provided excellent choices at a reasonable rate. Service was attentive, even to the point of providing magnifying glasses. Parking downstairs in the building for $2 is an extra added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was not worth the price. Mediocre restaurant.
- Just okayJLR3Dined on 9/19/2014We'd eaten at Biff's before, and expected a great meal. The food was okay - the frites with the steak frites were cold, and the food generally under-seasoned. Service was painfully slow, considering the price tag. At the end of dinner, I said "I guess we're not coming back here." Hubby said, "Yup, we'd have been better off at the Keg." It isn't that dinner was bad. But at O&B prices, we expected a lot more.
- very good food and servicejemmDined on 9/17/2014Love the atmosphere in the restaurant. Good for group dinner and lunch. The food is absolutely delicious. The service is superior. Love how caring they are to each customers. Will definitely go back to there especially birthday celebration. Highly recommended place.Special Features:
- gr8tastebudsDined on 9/15/2014We love Biffs ! Consistently exceptional ! . I have owned a restaurant for several years in the city , and have been considered a bit of a critic. We continue to dine at Biffs ,because we have never been disappointed ! ....the service is outstanding....the chef /kitchen consistently go above and beyond our expectations ...and add a little personal touch to each and every meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Meal!spammela22Dined on 9/14/2014Biff's was a great place to have our anniversary dinner. The ambience was great, the service was fantastic and attentive and the food was outstanding! I highly recommend the crispy pig's ears!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014A vibrant place to have a lovely supper. Food was exquisite. Our hostess explained why there was a slight delay and kept us informed throughout,so it was handled well. Would definitely recommend. Many thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great light foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2014Food is great - nice light meals available. Watch for the bench seating inside though, very low down! Ask for chairs.Special Features:
- Perfect experienceEeyortDined on 9/6/2014I thought finding a delicious, upscale restaurant for a group of 10 people out to celebrate a big event would be impossible, but Biff's Bistro was perfect. Not only was the food delicious while being slightly adventurous, but the ambiance (including noise level) and wait staff were wonderful. Everyone was very excited that they had put me in charge of organising a reservation!Special Features:
- yletahDined on 9/6/2014had a wonderful dinner before going to the theatreSpecial Features:
- Best chef in TOOnicaDined on 9/6/2014I have been going to Le Biff for years now and it's never disappointing. It is an amazing restaurant with an excellent service and fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Always a great experience dinning at Biffs, friendly staff who tends to your every needSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.