712 Third Ave
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bierhausnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128672337
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have many large, communal tables that can be reserved for private groups. We also have a balcony area that can be reserved for exclusive use.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Thompson 2128672337
- Entertainment: Every Tuesday and Wednesday, Bierhaus NYC features The Polka Brothers–a fearless polka and 'rock gone polka' band–starting at 6:30pm. Every Thursday night from 6pm – 10pm, Bierhaus NYC features Alpine Squeeze, a German – American festival band. Alpine Squeeze is known for entertaining crowds with its polkas and waltzes and has performed everywhere from Las Vegas to the Bahamas. Friday nights, Bierhaus NYC features the Jim Roberti Band, starting at 7:00. The band's act is a familiar, yet eccentric brand of popular, contemporary and classic covers, originals and novelties.
A word from Bierhaus NYC
Bierhaus NYC, a Bavarian-style restaurant and bar is conveniently located 1 1/2 blocks from Grand Central Terminal. Open for lunch and dinner, Bierhaus NYC is unlike any restaurant in New York City, offering communal seating, a 50-foot balcony and a glass ceiling, as well as a fun atmosphere appropriate for all ages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bierhaus NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- BrunchLove2dinenycVIPDined on 9/14/2014Love bierhaus for its after work ambience. Went to "bottomless brunch" for the first time last Sunday and was beyond disappointed There was a party of about 20 people and my group of 5 people and that was it in the entire restaurant. Everyone in my group chose to get the unlimited champagne. We all get our first glasses fine. Then the waitress tells us that we will now be getting white wine because they ran out of champagne. Then she miraculously comes back with a pitcher of champagne that she says she found in the bar. She pours it into all of our glasses and someone literally gagged from how foul whatever this concoction that was now in our glass was. They only have 4 choices for brunch entree and they all leave much to be desired.Special Features:
- Good for GroupExcellentVIPDined on 9/13/2014Review is for a prior visit - Food and Beer great! Great for groups.Special Features:
- Mel JohnsonmeltreljohnsonDined on 9/1/2014We got there at 10pm when the kitchen closes but they served us anyways. The food was DELICIOUS! And our waitress was super nice. Wanted to eat there every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad, Loud MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2014Our visit was on a Wednesday night. The band that was playing was doing bad covers in some sort of Polish/German style. It made the visit unenjoyable. The food was o.k. The beer was pretty good but we did not linger because of the bad, loud music.
- EhFoodie500Dined on 7/30/2014Not much flavor, greasy, and very slow service. Not worth going here.
- Terrible service!!twoplusoneVIPDined on 7/5/2014They rudely cancelled my reservation under a false accusation that I cancelled reservations in the past. I am an avid user of open table, and sometime plans change, but I always make sure to cancel at least 30mins before the reservation, so the one time I cancelled on them was not unacceptable and DEFINITELY not a no-show! They also forgot to mention the other 3 times I did come in with a party of 6 in the last couple of weeks. Bottom line is that they wanted to cancel my reservation as it was during the WC finals and they probably needed the table for one of the staff's friends. As unprofessional as it can get!!!!! Other than that the food is reasonably nice, and the beer is good but having only one brewery gets boring after a while.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Food wasn't good, and the tables were hard to get in and out of because they had backs. Not like benches at other biergartens. The food wasn't good, and very expensive. I won't be coming back.
- BugsyVIPDined on 6/10/2014The food was ok, nothing special, same with the beer. You're really paying for the experience, which is worth it because it's a fun place to try. The service is slow, there only seemed to be two waitresses. Tuesday turns out to be trivia night and we had a blast with that!Special Features:
- Authentic Biergarten in NYCGrandma48Dined on 5/26/2014Authentic atmosphere. Great German beer. We both ordered schnitzel which is what we were looking for. It was good, but the plate was swimming in vinegar from the salads. When we pointed tips out to the waitress, she apologized, promised to mention it toothed kitchen, and took a nice chunk off our bill. May return to try the sausages.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Bierhaus NYC reviews archive.
- Nice AtmospherePeterSVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice atmosphere and very noisy bar scene. Food was good but not the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableSometimeNYDined on 4/19/2014Have been looking for a place that serves really good German bratwurst. Saw this and decided to give it a try. Was not too crowded and with our reservation, we were given a table for 3 which was great. Most of the tables we're for communal seating. Pretzel was authentic and delicious. Our server was very helpful. Had the Wurst sampler - I guess we were expecting something really special. The pear and endive salad was unique and refreshing. Kid friendly place and food choices. Topped off our meal with Apple strudel and vanilla ice cream. All in all a good place to go when craving some German fare in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual LunchJGMPSNYCDined on 4/3/2014Met a business associate for lunch - have been there a number of times, and am definitely a fan, but they have a very limited wait staff during the lunch hours, so it does take a while to order, or re-order additional drinks. Food is always good, but another waiter would be a big help.I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Work DrinksVennsterDined on 3/20/2014This place is great for a night out with work colleagues, big tables, too much noise to talk shop and huge beers to hid behind when the boss arrives! Staff are always great and very friendly/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceBrianAltVIPDined on 2/11/2014Loud and raucous, but it's a beirhaus, so what else would you expect? Great German food and beer. Come with a group and have a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehBubbaVIPDined on 12/31/2013we went for lunch on an off day so not much going on. the sausages were pretty good, but the potato pancake was heavy as a rock. I'm sure this place rocks in the evening time, but lunch was not that exciting.
- Fun with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I went the other night with 3 of my girlfriends and all of our boyfriends - the energetic and fun atmosphere was perfect for out large group! The food was great ( I had the jagerschnitzel and the pretzels - yum!) and the beers were humongous! Great night1Special Features:
- Falls Shortlockl11Dined on 12/7/2013Was looking forward to a savory sauerbraten. Unfortunately the meat looked like a boiled mess that was served with sour onions.
- Great place for food and funIROCDined on 11/1/2013The authentic German food was great. We were late for our reservation but they accommodated us right away. There was four in our party and everyone loved what they had. The family style tables are great to meet other guests and make for a great evening. It gets loud inside, so if you are looking for a quiet place, this is not the place. There is live German music which get the guests going. They have an outside balcony which is nice. Will stop again when in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013Good service couldn't make up for the horrible food, rude bouncers and insanely loud atmosphere.
- Bavaria in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2013Had a great time with my family. The beer is outstanding and so is the service. Great Bavarian sausages!Special Features:
- I would never have found thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2013I would never have found this place if not for open table. I'm glad that I did. The food was great (lots of german sausages) with a neat atmosphere. If I lived in NYC, I would come back again.Special Features:
- Fun place but BEYOND LOUD!JillAnnYVIPDined on 5/30/2013Fun place but BEYOND LOUD! A fun place if you enjoy German beer, food and music. Perfect spot if you have no desire to speak to anyone that you're with. It's not possible to talk to anyone if a band is playing.Special Features:
- A FUN PLACE FOR HEARTY GERMANWALLYWUVIPDined on 2/22/2013A FUN PLACE FOR HEARTY GERMAN FARE AND BEER IN A CONVENIENT MIDTOWN LOCATION.Special Features:
- Wonderful staff! FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/16/2013Wonderful staff! Friendly and wonderful food a great German niche in the middle of the hustle and bustle of NYC!
- Rude Service, Good BeerDAmanDaTruthVIPDined on 1/28/2013The host was rude. The food was blah. The beer was fantastic. Clearly, only go here for a cool bar scene and good beer. Order food at your own risk.
- If you're looking for a funmlvsigmaVIPDined on 1/15/2013If you're looking for a fun time with co-workers or friends this is perfect place to go just don't expect much conversation. The band is really fun in a freecreditreport.com kind of way but quite loud so get all your talking done between their sets. The food was decent but not sure how authentic so I wouldn't recommend on that basis. The beer and service make it worth a return trip.
- Found this place that servesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Found this place that serves the Hofbrau products that we've had in Munich. Was during their Oktoberfest event and the place was packed. Very similar to the Munich bierhaus feel.Special Features:
- Yes Beer!, No Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2012Go for the Hofbrau and pretzels and leave the food behind..way behind!Special Features:
- Now that's German fun!!!JazzManVIPDined on 9/27/2012Wow. So authentic... food, bier and staff. We loved it. Thank you.Special Features: