Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113-2156Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sandiacasino.com/dining/bien_shur.asp
- Phone: (505) 796-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Quinones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small, intimate private dining room for up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Morales x
- Entertainment: Salsa Night - Thursday nights with live entertainment and dancing.
Fridays and Saturdays - live entertainment and dancing.
- Cross Street: I-25 and Tramway
- Public Transit: minutes from the Sandia Pueblo Rail Runner Station running from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, complimentary shuttle to the resort.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Multiple options for parking - complimentary valet, resort underground lot, large outdoor resort lot.
A word from Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino
Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge is Sandia Resort & Casino’s distinctive dining option on the 9th floor. The sweeping views are unparalleled in Albuquerque, as is the food.Continued
Close to Home, Far from Ordinary.
Close to Home, Far from Ordinary.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)scenic view (42)romantic (33)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (9)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Slightly better than mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014On a quiet Tuesday night my prime rib (medium) was flavorful but tough. My wife's scallops (4 medium size, with a surprisingly small portion of risotto) left her hungry. It also took waaay too long to serve. The warm brown bread was great. The service was very good; I wish I'd gotten the waitress's name. But all in all, we were disappointed, considering the $90 tab (before tip and with only one margarita). I would go again if invited, and try some other dishes. But I will not initiate any future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, elegant dining experience!NMFarmerDined on 11/20/2014We loved our dining experience! This was our first time to Bien Shur. Will definitely eat here again! The restaurant is on the top floor of Sandia Casino & Resort. The view of Albuquerque at night is incredible! Drinks & dinner was very relaxing & mesmerizing in this beautiful setting. The friendly and attentive staff took care of everything. The service was impeccable & flowed smoothly & seamlessly. The food presentation was outstanding. A variety of menu choices made it difficult to choose just one entree. There is something for every taste-beef, game, fish, vegetarian. We had filet mignon and prime rib. Both were cooked perfectly! A shared dessert of chocolate creme brulee & coffee finished the meal in style! Highly recommend this fine establishement!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014Our Server was NOT that great. The Table Setter ( or Busser or Server Helper) was AMAZING. He was Polite, Knowledgeable, SPOT ON.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceGmanDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the views are incredible. The service was perfect and the food was great. There were four of us and we all had perfectly prepared steaks. The desserts were also great. Worth every dollar we spent on an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing Dining Experiencelindy1aDined on 11/7/2014Food is excellent! The views are outstanding, our waitress, Amanda G., is amazing along with the wait staff, bus staff, and hostesses! We love everything about this restaurant and recommend it highly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceBJVOVDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I had an enjoyable birthday celebration at Bien Shur. The meal was great as well as the scenic views. Our waitress was spectacular. "Michelle" suggested the perfect wine and meal combinations for a great overall dinning experience. She deserves a bonus for going above and beyond to make the customer happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StupendousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were greeted very graciously and warm. Our table was located perfectly for the views. The food was delectable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceQueenieDined on 10/24/2014The food was incredible and the service was impeccable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Best beef in ABQQuietscotDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I like the filet at Ben My wife and I go to Ben Shur 6 or 8 times a yearSHUR....it is the best steak AND value in ABQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedHungryguestDined on 10/9/2014I took my fiancé out to a nice romantic diner for her birthday and that was it. Honestly the scene was great and so was the ambience. The hostess were great and welcoming. The presentation of the food was on point. The food itself was fair, not that great. It took a really long time for our plates to come out. The service wasn't there at all. My main waiter didn't bother to check on drinks or how the food was. She seemed to move really slow for it not being busy on a Thursday night. I don't think I would go back in a while or recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Well doneStrongworkDined on 10/7/2014The service was the best part by far. We had 3 adults and an infant and a toddler. Monte was a first rate/superbly professional server with excellent recommendations on all courses of the meal and wine. They had a nice Malbec flight tasting. The filet, lamb, and hen were all well presented and cooked with the filet being the best of the three. French onion soup was good on flavor but lacked a visible cheese presence... You had to dig around the bread to get a few wisps of cheese. Best part was the dessert- strawberry rhubarb tart with homemade vanilla ice cream/ amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must do39andholdingDined on 10/4/2014The view of the Sandias cannot be beat! Our service and her knowledge of the wine list as well as the menu was outstanding. We did so enjoy her. I had the filet mignon. Since I like red mean well done, I asked for it to be butterflied. It came out perfect and was sooo tender and still full of flavor. Bien Shur is definitely on our "repeat" list. P.S. The chopped salad was very different and its presentation was extraordinarily pleasing. For a salad, it gets an A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!foodieDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated two birthdays and had amazing view of the balloon fiesta fireworks and glo. What a wonderful night. Monte's service was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- The Perfect Dining ExperienceyellowroseDined on 10/1/2014We have been to Bien Shur many times. We like the consistency of the food, wine list, waite staff and all-around pleasantness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a favoritefoodieDined on 9/27/2014food and service were good, however we requested a city view and didn't get it even though it looked to be available. there was a large party in the dining room that was very loud. My guest and I couldn't even speak to each other at times. We usually choose this restaurant for date night as it is our favorite; little less than romantic this time, but we will try again.Special Features:
- Great mealAbo55Dined on 9/24/2014The food and service was amazing! The view was so pretty-which only made the food taste better! Our server Vanessia had great suggestions and was always one step ahead of what we needed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a Winner, Service a LoserAGillDined on 9/20/2014After hearing much about the food at this restaurant, I booked a special evening for my boyfriend's birthday dinner, 4 weeks in advance. I included detailed information of his birthday including where, specifically, I wanted our table and called the day before to confirm. Not only were we NOT seated at a requested window table to watch my perfectly-timed sunset, but our waitress "announced" his birthday (which was to be a surprise) to him with all of the zeal of a man awaiting execution. She proceeded to horrify us with her lack of knowledge of the menu and wine list. All this as we watched neighboring tables, beautifully shepherded by a waitress named "Michelle", enjoy attentive service while we endured surly and weary service.Special Features:
- OK but certainly not greatggonzo10221Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary at Bien Shur. After a wonderful experience last December, we decided we would return for our anniversary meal. The food was ok, certainly not anything better than you can buy at a chain restaurant. The service left a lot to be desired. Our server wasn't friendly and welcoming - she seemed to want to be anywhere other than working in the restaurant on a Saturday evening. It was a special occasion and we wanted a special meal with wonderful service. This restaurant lacked both and we won't be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- First time disappointedproseccoDined on 9/12/2014Eaten there many times. Food was excellent. Maybe they were short of wait staff this night. Our food took a long time to arrive. We didn't have time to order desert or coffee. Our waiter never came back to check on us. You could smell the smoke from the casino as you entered. It just didn't match up to previous experiences. Everyone has a bad day. It is expensive to eat there so you have high expectations. Will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 9/10/2014Great place to eat. We're looking forward to the new additions to the allstar food.Special Features:
- Great main coursesAandJDined on 9/6/2014The main courses were great. We had the lobster, filet and sea bass. The crab cake appetizer was just ok. The chop salad was good but really small. The lemon dessert was fabulous. Beautiful view of the mountains at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and Friendlyanniversary43Dined on 9/4/2014The food and service were excellent. Really enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingSuzyQDined on 9/4/2014The views are spectacular! Our server, Michelle, was a delight. We both had prime rib, which was disappointing. It was not very juicy or tender.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicenmreviewDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has a beautiful view, excellent food, and great service. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view, ok foodzookeeperDined on 8/28/2014We haven't been to this restaurant in several years, and decided to go for a family get together. It's hard to beat the view that this location has! Our server was friendly and fast, and brought complimentary duck confiet, which I was told was good. For an appetizer, we ordered oysters on the half shell. They were not good. One was obviously bad by the aroma, another I ate was right on the edge, and my mom had the same problem. Our server said she had sold many that night with no problems, but unfortunately we had one. The Chilean Sea Bass was fantastic. The only issue with that was the garlic spinach - it was too heavy on the garlic. The scallops were also great. Overall, it was good food, but it wasn't quite worth the price.Special Features:
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary hoping to have a memorable dining experience. Bien Shur met those expectations and more. Our wait staff (Zack) really went all out for us (though I suspect he always does) and made our Anniversary meal perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- murtha53Dined on 8/19/2014We had a 5:30 reservation for dinner for four----had to have time to enjoy a not-inexpensive dinner before joining the show in the Sandia Amphitheater at 7pm-----we managed to have appetizers and cocktails prior to our dinner, all well in time to find our seats for the show that evening. Our friendly and informative server "Michelle" was excellent and represents the room well, very knowledgeable regarding wine(s) and the menu offerings. Everyone enjoyed their entree, which was delivered in a timely fashion, along with our wine and other beverages, upon request.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014I had the kurobuto pork chops about a year ago and they were so spectacularly memorable that I wanted to have them again, but the pork chops I had the other night were pretty much like the pork chops I make at home. Not that memorable. The chocolate cake was great though.Special Features:
- annivesary dinerenjoyedDined on 8/12/2014My wife & I enjoyed our anniversary diner at Bien Shur and enjoyed the food, the service and a great sunset.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014Service and food was outstanding! And of course the view is breathtaking. Sea bass and buffalo were cooked to perfection and our server was tops! We used to live in Santa Fe (now live in Bernalillo) and Bien Shur is just as good or better than the finer resturants in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Overall the meal was good. I was disappointed in the Bien Shur salad. The lettuce was cut so tiny it lost it's character and was buried in the dressing and toppings. It was in such small pieces that it was hard to identity the type of lettuce, but I think it was Iceberg. The main dishes were good, and I enjoyed the Sea Bass, but I't wasn't $48. good. I wouldn't make a special trip to go to Bien Shur again, but would stick to Zinc or Seasons for high quality fine dining in ABQ. If Bien Shur would up the food a notch, it would be an amazing place with outstanding service and the best view in town.Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino reviews archive.
- A memorable dinner!foodcriticjohnDined on 7/24/2014Bien Shur is undoubtedly one of Albuquerque's great restaurants. The spectacular views of mountains, sunsets, and city lights are worth the price. The outstanding menu/cuisine is a bonus! If anyone is looking for the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or to entertain/impress out-of-town guests, you can't do any better than Bien Shur.Special Features:
- ABQTwoDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I enjoyed another fine evening at Bien Shur. We are big fans of the pork belly and opted for an unusual menu of oysters, pork belly and finished with a Caesar salad. Ok, maybe unconventional, but fit the bill perfectly. Chose a nice Gruet champagne. North side (mountain view) of dining room almost full, but not too noisy at all. This is the shadier side at 7 pm plus. Waitress was delightful, and did a great job.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Very disappointed with the food and not impressed for the price. The food was under cooked and we had to send it back. My husband had to eat his dinner without me on our anniversary. My meal was still under cooked when they brought it back out and they didn't offer us anything for the inconvenience. We were expecting a perfect night for our special day!!
- HostessGusGusDined on 7/18/2014Servers inside restaurant very good. Hostess needs more customer service. My husband and I arrived a few minutes before restaurant opened. She told us the restaurant would open in a few minutes. We had a reservation also. Since I've been there before there was a certain table I wanted. We waited within her view. She didn't call us when 5:00 came around even though she could see us. Two couples came in went to the podium and she proceeded to sit them first. She glanced at us and said I'll sit you in a few. I was not amused. When she returned she got menus and walked us in. She had sat the two couples at the table I had wanted. She was going to sit us in the corner & I said no. There was another table by the window where we then sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014As always, our dining experience at Bien Shur was exceptional. The food, service, and views are unmatched in Albuquerque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The price we paid for the food was significantly high for the quality. Sea bass was undercooked, plate was not appealing to the eye, presentation lacked. Prime rib, was full of fat for the price. The main dishes took a long time considering. Appetizer of tuna was great however.Special Features:
- super all around food and servicegenehoDined on 7/16/2014gave my wife the great birthday attention I was looking for. the food was superb, the view was one of the best ever, and the attendants were focused on giving us an out of the normal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bien ShurKCazadorDined on 7/12/2014Wasn't sure when the oysters on the half shell appeared to have been out (on a buffet?) too long. They looked dry on the surface. The size and taste were good. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent. The service was very friendly and attentive. View was either of the Sandia Mountains or the Rio Grande Valley and sunset from the 9th floor. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceYooooDined on 7/12/201447 minutes to have the food on my table and on top of that it was cold. They apologizes and offer a dessert for the delay!!!! I forgot my baby's diaper changer and I call 5 minutes later and they couldn't find it. in summary : Bad and long service and food cold. Do not recommend