Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113-2156Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sandiacasino.com/dining/bien_shur.asp
- Phone: 5057967500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Quinones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small, intimate private dining room for up to 12 people.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Morales x
- Entertainment: Salsa Night - Thursday nights with live entertainment and dancing.
Fridays and Saturdays - live entertainment and dancing.
- Cross Street: I-25 and Tramway
- Public Transit: minutes from the Sandia Pueblo Rail Runner Station running from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, complimentary shuttle to the resort.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Multiple options for parking - complimentary valet, resort underground lot, large outdoor resort lot.
A word from Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino
Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge is Sandia Resort & Casino’s distinctive dining option on the 9th floor. The sweeping views are unparalleled in Albuquerque, as is the food.Continued
Close to Home, Far from Ordinary.
Close to Home, Far from Ordinary.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)scenic view (50)romantic (39)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (17)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has a beautiful view, excellent food, and great service. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view, ok foodzookeeperDined on 8/28/2014We haven't been to this restaurant in several years, and decided to go for a family get together. It's hard to beat the view that this location has! Our server was friendly and fast, and brought complimentary duck confiet, which I was told was good. For an appetizer, we ordered oysters on the half shell. They were not good. One was obviously bad by the aroma, another I ate was right on the edge, and my mom had the same problem. Our server said she had sold many that night with no problems, but unfortunately we had one. The Chilean Sea Bass was fantastic. The only issue with that was the garlic spinach - it was too heavy on the garlic. The scallops were also great. Overall, it was good food, but it wasn't quite worth the price.Special Features:
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary hoping to have a memorable dining experience. Bien Shur met those expectations and more. Our wait staff (Zack) really went all out for us (though I suspect he always does) and made our Anniversary meal perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- murtha53Dined on 8/19/2014We had a 5:30 reservation for dinner for four----had to have time to enjoy a not-inexpensive dinner before joining the show in the Sandia Amphitheater at 7pm-----we managed to have appetizers and cocktails prior to our dinner, all well in time to find our seats for the show that evening. Our friendly and informative server "Michelle" was excellent and represents the room well, very knowledgeable regarding wine(s) and the menu offerings. Everyone enjoyed their entree, which was delivered in a timely fashion, along with our wine and other beverages, upon request.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014I had the kurobuto pork chops about a year ago and they were so spectacularly memorable that I wanted to have them again, but the pork chops I had the other night were pretty much like the pork chops I make at home. Not that memorable. The chocolate cake was great though.Special Features:
- annivesary dinerenjoyedDined on 8/12/2014My wife & I enjoyed our anniversary diner at Bien Shur and enjoyed the food, the service and a great sunset.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2014Service and food was outstanding! And of course the view is breathtaking. Sea bass and buffalo were cooked to perfection and our server was tops! We used to live in Santa Fe (now live in Bernalillo) and Bien Shur is just as good or better than the finer resturants in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Overall the meal was good. I was disappointed in the Bien Shur salad. The lettuce was cut so tiny it lost it's character and was buried in the dressing and toppings. It was in such small pieces that it was hard to identity the type of lettuce, but I think it was Iceberg. The main dishes were good, and I enjoyed the Sea Bass, but I't wasn't $48. good. I wouldn't make a special trip to go to Bien Shur again, but would stick to Zinc or Seasons for high quality fine dining in ABQ. If Bien Shur would up the food a notch, it would be an amazing place with outstanding service and the best view in town.Special Features:
- A memorable dinner!foodcriticjohnDined on 7/24/2014Bien Shur is undoubtedly one of Albuquerque's great restaurants. The spectacular views of mountains, sunsets, and city lights are worth the price. The outstanding menu/cuisine is a bonus! If anyone is looking for the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or to entertain/impress out-of-town guests, you can't do any better than Bien Shur.Special Features:
- ABQTwoDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I enjoyed another fine evening at Bien Shur. We are big fans of the pork belly and opted for an unusual menu of oysters, pork belly and finished with a Caesar salad. Ok, maybe unconventional, but fit the bill perfectly. Chose a nice Gruet champagne. North side (mountain view) of dining room almost full, but not too noisy at all. This is the shadier side at 7 pm plus. Waitress was delightful, and did a great job.Special Features:
- Disappointed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Very disappointed with the food and not impressed for the price. The food was under cooked and we had to send it back. My husband had to eat his dinner without me on our anniversary. My meal was still under cooked when they brought it back out and they didn't offer us anything for the inconvenience. We were expecting a perfect night for our special day!!
- HostessGusGusDined on 7/18/2014Servers inside restaurant very good. Hostess needs more customer service. My husband and I arrived a few minutes before restaurant opened. She told us the restaurant would open in a few minutes. We had a reservation also. Since I've been there before there was a certain table I wanted. We waited within her view. She didn't call us when 5:00 came around even though she could see us. Two couples came in went to the podium and she proceeded to sit them first. She glanced at us and said I'll sit you in a few. I was not amused. When she returned she got menus and walked us in. She had sat the two couples at the table I had wanted. She was going to sit us in the corner & I said no. There was another table by the window where we then sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014As always, our dining experience at Bien Shur was exceptional. The food, service, and views are unmatched in Albuquerque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The price we paid for the food was significantly high for the quality. Sea bass was undercooked, plate was not appealing to the eye, presentation lacked. Prime rib, was full of fat for the price. The main dishes took a long time considering. Appetizer of tuna was great however.Special Features:
- super all around food and servicegenehoDined on 7/16/2014gave my wife the great birthday attention I was looking for. the food was superb, the view was one of the best ever, and the attendants were focused on giving us an out of the normal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bien ShurKCazadorDined on 7/12/2014Wasn't sure when the oysters on the half shell appeared to have been out (on a buffet?) too long. They looked dry on the surface. The size and taste were good. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent. The service was very friendly and attentive. View was either of the Sandia Mountains or the Rio Grande Valley and sunset from the 9th floor. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experienceYooooDined on 7/12/201447 minutes to have the food on my table and on top of that it was cold. They apologizes and offer a dessert for the delay!!!! I forgot my baby's diaper changer and I call 5 minutes later and they couldn't find it. in summary : Bad and long service and food cold. Do not recommend
- Great special occasion dinnerHappyDinerDined on 7/12/2014We were seated promptly with a nice mountain view -- view seating was a plus, as we'd made the reservation just that morning. Our server was very good -- she asked right away if we were attending the concert at Sandia amphitheater that evening to ensure we'd be done with dinner in time if we were. We were not, so our evening was very relaxed. Our server's knowledge of the menu and specials was very good. Dinner and drinks were excellent. Dessert cart was impressive, & and the times were described very well. We noticed a couple coming in for an anniversary dinner while we were eating, and saw the staff make sure their occasion would be very nice. Bien Shir is at the top of my list in Albuquerque for special occasion dining.Special Features:
- Ben Shur Sandia Resort and CasinoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014I would go to this restaurant over and over. For a romantic date, special occasion.Special Features:
- Had a great meal with fun service!JBJfromABQDined on 7/1/2014The only negative for us was the initial wait once we were seated. It took way to long for someone to come over and give us water to start with and then even longer before the waitress came to take out drink order. But once it did all start the service was excellent and fun. The food was excellent as well. I had the sea bass and my date had the scallops both looked and taste excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterUncleGaryDined on 6/21/2014The food and presentation were great but the wait staff left you feel disappointed. Someone should go to an upper class restaurant like the Cattleman's to see what the wait staff should like and act like. This is cited as a FINE dining experience. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DatejjlymanDined on 6/14/2014Took my sweetie and wowed her with this great placeSpecial Features:
- MargoDined on 6/14/2014Dining at Bien Sur was a great experience! The food was wonderful. I highly recommend the sea bass. The service was great not to mention the view. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Won't take the Open Table Cheques!BobMVIPDined on 6/13/2014Good views, that's it. Poor service from the hostess to the waitress who was only pleasant when she dropped off the bill. We put down the $100 Open Table Cheque and the balance in cash. However she came back saying they don't take those checks. I asked for the manager, who we argued with over the fact that the check says good at ANY Open Table restaurant. Apparently he got tired of arguing with us and had security escort us out of the restaurant. We were insulted. I've contacted Open Table of this whole experience. So avoid this restaurant -Lousy service, rude manager, mediocre food, doesn't honors terms of their Open Table Contract. Open Table should remove them from their system.Special Features:
- Excellent food, view; priceysaddlebagsDined on 6/13/2014Great food, service, wine list. Everything is upscale, which is what I would expect at one of the nicer casinos in town. Pricey for ABQ, although don't let this stop you.Special Features:
- DisappointingJoBlueDined on 6/11/2014Dined here for the first time as we were attending a concert there as well. Took 1 1/2 to get our meal.....ate in 5 minutes and ran..night full of excuses from the waitress...$ 48.00 for a tiny piece of average tasting sea bass..very bad looking prime rib....we will never return.Special Features:
- harpo 55Abo55Dined on 6/11/2014The food was amazing-everything cooked to perfection!! The service as usual was first rate!! The Miss Vanessa was excellent and always there to anticipate our every need and desire!Special Features:
- FantasticKLC2Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent sunset view , food, and service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE RESTAURANTJAMIEDined on 5/24/2014WE HAVE EATEN THERE MANY TIMES. THIS VISIT WE WENT ON THURSDAY NIGHT AND TOOK THE WHOLE FAMILY BACK ON SATURDAYSpecial Features:
- Great views, food was just OK.YumFinderDined on 5/23/2014Food was okay, I guess it was good to try their twist on escargot & buffalo ribs, although I probably won't order that again next time. Their special on the veal was good, as well as the rock hen staple. Views were excellent, our server was pleasant (wish I could remember her name). There was a band playing later on in the lounge, but we were in the separate room where the fireplace was, which was fine since our family wanted to have a nice conversation. It was pricey, of course, but I expected that. Just wish the food was better.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I brought my fiancé and his parents for his birthday because they have never eaten here. The food was great but the service was not. When we would ask for more bread they never brought it so we asked again and the server seemed bothered. We received our food except mine, and when she finally came back to check on us, we asked if they were bringing my meal. Again, she seemed bothered and said "it's coming, what else?". That was just a couple of things out of plenty more. Again, great food, but I didnt expect bad service if im going to spend $30- $50 per meal. Very disappointed. Will most likely not be returning.Special Features:
- Bien ShurseabassgirlDined on 5/17/2014Great service and food! Wonderful experience, would recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We were looking for a special place to celebrate our 45th anniversary. Bien Shur turned out to be the perfect selection and my wife was pleasantly surprised that the food was excellent and view was the best in Albuquerque. Thank you and your staff for the experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationspecialnightDined on 5/10/2014We took our friends out for a birthday dinner. They had not been to Bien Shur's before. They were so impressed, as we were, that they felt like they were on vacation. We were all very relaxed as soon as we sat down. The view of the Sandia mountains, is spectacular. The service staff are friendly and very attentive. Our waiter answered our questions about the menu and his suggestions were spot-on! It was quiet in the fine dining area; the tables outside the bar were nice as well. Our friend got a complementary desert, which we all tasted; it was wonderful. All and all, it was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- The following 208 reviews are from the Bien Shur - Sandia Resort and Casino reviews archive.
- Great for Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014A perfect place for a romantic anniversary celebration. Our server (I think her name was Amanda) was great. The wine was excellent. The food was perfect. Just a great night!Special Features:
- Not as AdvertisedTwoToyasDined on 4/20/2014We did not want Brunch on Easter Sunday, so we went to Open Table for full service restaurants. Bien Shur name came up so we made reservations. It turned out that it was BRUNCH. Since we were a ways from other Restaurants in the city, we stayed. The food was Very Good , as was the service, but when they took our reservation they did not inform us that it was all day Brunch. We would have picked another place.Special Features:
- outnaboutDined on 4/19/2014Great views and a very romantic place to take a special someone. The food was good, but not great; too expensive for the quality.Special Features:
- Top of the LineCharlie1Dined on 4/18/2014Spectacular views, great ambience, superb menu, and our server was attentive and most helpful. The three in our party found everything to our liking. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Changed??OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014We've been here previously three times in the past two years and had wonderful experiences with the food and service. Something was sure not the same this time. We ordered after about fifteen minutes and had been there over an hour before the food arrived. My prime rib and my companion's were both barely warm; mine was cooked as ordered (medium) while hers had to be sent back to get it to medium. The waitress was friendly and the ambiance nice, but what happened to the reasonably prompt service and great food since our previous visits?Special Features:
- My husband's 60th birthdayClaudDined on 4/10/2014Our dinner took too long to get to the table. There were five of us. Waitress was fairly knowledgeable in her job; offered drinks, etc. Water glasses kept full. Waitress recommended a rather unpleasant tasting appetizer which was supposed to be a Caprese salad. She was kind enough to remove it from the bill when my daughters told her it was not very good. Overall, I think the wait staff was very slow in getting out meals to us, etc. It was, afterall, my husband's big birthday and I wanted him to really have a great time. I left a very good tip in spite of the slow service. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.