Bidwell Street Bistro
1004 East Bidwell Street
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Bidwell Street Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bidwellstreetbistro.com/
- Phone: 9169847500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Summer hours-we will be closed on mondays for the summer only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wendi Mentink
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for parties from 10 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: we have a 35 seat private dining room with its own seperate bar-also we can do 50 people for appetizer party with private bar
- Private Party Contact: Richard Righton 9162399041x
- Special Events: join our e mail club on our website and receive a free birthday and anniversary entree
we also have a private dining room for upto 35 people-with its own private bar
A word from Bidwell Street Bistro
Bidwell Street Bistro is a bistro in the true sense of the word. It has neither stark informality of a cafe, nor the luxurious appointments of fine dining, but maintains the intimate and unassuming ambiance of the first bistro's in Paris. You will feel welcomed by the staff, whether you order a bowl of soup and a glass of wine at the bar, or a three course meal and a great bottle of wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bidwell Street Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bidwell Street Bistro is failyFredPDined on 1/11/2014Bidwell Street Bistro is faily small. The place wasn't crowded, there were vacant tables through the restaurant. We were a party of two and got stuffed into the bench seat table with patrons close on both sides.Special Features:
- I like this placeSandy15Dined on 1/10/2014That's right - don't LOVE it - but like it a lot - because it reliably provides very good to excellent service, extremely pleasant ambiance that allows conversation yet is vibrant, and while not all the menu items are that inventive or over the top, a few are and the others are always well-prepared. Can count on a consistent quality meal experience. Love to do lunch and dinner there with my girl friends - and my brew-pub preferring husband can also find food he enjoys there - though he has labeled it more of a "ladies lunch spot". :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bidwell Bistro - great find!LMDdinerDined on 1/8/2014Went to Bidwell Street Bistro to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was excellent. He had the scallops and enjoyed every bite. I had the special - rack of lamb - and it was sooooo delicious and cooked exactly the way I ordered…medium. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. Wine selection is extensive and my husband found a craft beer that he'd never tried before and loved it. Dessert was also very good - HUGE portion. Sad that they were out of cheesecake that night, but the profiteroles were delicious and the serving could easily have given 2 people a generous portion each. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing atmosphereRRRHVIPDined on 1/4/2014We have been going to this restaurant for years. The food has always been outstanding. But there is a change with the new management. There is a lack of warmth and welcoming, and the staff seems to have been cut. The servers worked very hard but seemed overwhelmed. However, the young woman who served us was most pleasant. And the Boeuf Bourguignon was as wonderful as ever.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceKemptonDined on 1/4/2014The food was fabulous but the service was poor. We were a group of six so mandatory 20% was added to our tab and the server was not worth the max tip. We were there 2 1/2 hours and were late to our theatre production. Too long for dinner for six! We had to keep asking for things numerous times, such as water & bread. It took a long time to get our bill. My husband said something to the waitress about the experience and her only response was " I have never had any complaints before!". Not a good experience.Special Features:
- DisappointmentduffyDined on 1/3/2014We went before an event at the Harris Center. My salad was delicious (house) but my husband had fresh beets and was disappointed. There were 4 of us and it got worse. One had a burger, bad, really bad, and a second a Reuben- bad too- and that's very basic. I had Beef Bourgogne that was really tough, hard with a stew, and a pork dish that was okay. Not recommended. Service was slow.
- Wonderful New Year's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013It was our first time at this restaurant and we were not disappointed...great food and service. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We visited Bidwell Street Bistro on New Year's Eve; I made reservations via Open Table about a week in advance. They sat us down as soon as we arrived and the food and service were both excellent, as usual. The New Year's Eve menu was $75 fixed price - well worth every penny for all three courses + a little champagne. We each started with seared scallops over a a cauliflower puree and then each person in our party had a different entry - one beef, one pork and one lamb. There were no complaints on any of them. All three meats were cooked exactly as ordered. The desert trio was great as well - it featured a puff-pastry topped with salted caramel ice cream, a piece of lemon cheesecake and finally a rich chocolate brownie square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceDwitterDined on 12/31/2013We ate at Bidwell Street Bistro for New Years. We have eaten here for New Years on and off. At least this year, a small glass of sparkling wine came with the meal. The food was overall good. They seemed to be short staffed. The service could have been better. It was probably the worst service we have experienced there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year'a Eve favoriteSuperZVIPDined on 12/31/2013For at least 12 years now New Year's Eve, birthdays, and Anniversaries have all been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New YearOgdenMonkDined on 12/31/2013Gourmet dining on New Year's eve. The salmon and the lamb chops were excellent. Recommend their Bistro Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, but way too expensive.JimHannoonenDined on 12/31/2013Bottom line, this was decent, but nothing too special. I feel like we could have walked into just about any restaurant in downtown/midtown Sacramento and gotten a better meal for half the price. I expected a lot more for $195 (total bill with tip). I understand that eating out on New Year’s Eve is going to cost a bit more, but I almost feel like we were taken advantage of. Halfway through our meal I was wishing we’d gone to the Sutter Street Steakhouse like we'd originally planned. Not likely to return.
- We stopped here prior to seeingspirit72galDined on 12/28/2013We stopped here prior to seeing the Moscow Ballet's Nutcracker at Harris Center. The service was great. and mindful of our needs to leave in time for the show. The best part of the meal were the salads. The food was competent but not very flavorful. The restaurant's option for gluten free was all the entrees had to be sauce free. Made for a very dry dish. My husband does not have to be gluten free and his dish was just OK with the sauce. If we had to do over, we probably will not return, unless they had more flavorful entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for vegetatiansEmilyDined on 12/24/2013Salads and boca-burgers are not meals that should be considered an entrée for vegetarians. Many people are vegetarians and heart healthy, your menu did not accommodate those needs
- Pleasant surprisebuntingDined on 12/24/2013We dined here on Christmas Eve, which could be risky. We were pleasantly surprised; the wait staff were all so friendly and eager to serve. The drinks were perfect; the food was so very tasty, and the ambience was very comfortable and fairly quiet-great for dining with my husband on a special occasion. We will definitely return and take friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJimNDined on 12/20/2013Very enjoyable. The Caesar salad was authentic and stuffed quail was quite a treat. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & not so good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/19/2013Food was very good. Service not so good. We advised waiter when we sat that we had a theater performance to attend. Wailer disappeared after serving our 1st course and it was a good 30-45 minutes and after advising another person that our entree arrived. Waiter was a bit "snippy" about being reminded of our time limitations. There was no time for dessert and coffee - a loss for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I had hopedBarbDined on 12/19/2013Took my mother-in-law there for a Christmas luncheon. Service was attentive but the server misunderstood or didn't hear that my husband wanted his burger medium rare, not well done. Plus, the chef almost forgot to put the bacon (ordered extra) on the burger. Our server brought it out a few minutes after serving all our food. The burger was not one of my husband's favorite. Onion soup was too salty for my taste. Mother-in-law wanted the chipolte rib tacos. However, a large luncheon party had ordered all available tacos. Apparently this rather new item has been very popular. I would think they would stock more of the ingredients because of this. Neither I or my husband don't plan on returning.
- Local cuisineAnneDined on 12/17/2013You don't have to drive to the Bay Area to find delicious cuisine. BSB provides a sophisticated menu using local organic products that are farm fresh to your table. Support our local chefs and give this neighborhood gem a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Bidwell Street BistroHowardDined on 12/11/2013I have been enjoying dinners at Bidwell Street Bistro for many years but this was my first occasion to have lunch. I ordered the pastrami Reuben and it was outstanding. Their sweet potato fries are some of the best I have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed for worseTonyDined on 12/10/2013Have been a regular for many years. Probably worst experience in over 50 visits to this restaurant. 3 hours to get thro dinner, not including desert,coffee. This was always one of best restaurants in 50 miles. Everything took way to long waitress blamed a wine reception that was taking place but this should not affect regular diners
- Good food offerings with reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/7/2013Good food offerings with reasonable wine corkage fees. We went hear prior to an event at the Harris Center and had a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!FoodLuverDined on 12/3/2013Great restaurant. Beet Salad was divine, and set the tone for the rest of the meal. Duck Confeti is their signature dish and was delightful. Food server was pleasant and knowledgeable. Nice special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the showbananaDined on 11/30/2013The only rough spot in our dining experience was there was a longer than expected wait after our friends arrived. We had to ask for our drinks, but then everything seemed to move smoothly and in a timely fashion. I noted there was an offer for a discount if we had the tickets to prove we were going to a show that evening: we did have tics for Harris Center show. However, we did not have the tickets in possession because they were at will-call.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/26/2013Since the new owner has taken over, there have been some good changes. I like the new look for the servers without the ties, and the dark napkins (my dark slacks appreciate that). The bread is better and the food is still excellent with some additions to the menu. The short ribs and pork, were both delicious. We've enjoyed coming here for the good food/service and the wine selection. In my opinion BSB has slipped in regards to wine, I don't think there is much interest or knowledge by the new owner on maintaining a great wine experience with dinner. The wine list is not as creative and the stemware is a lesser quality.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and DeliciousEddieDined on 11/23/2013My wife and I felt well-attended-to by our friendly server. The Mahi Mahi dish I had was wonderful, and my wife loved her Halibut dish. We especially liked the presence of tasty vegetables along with the fish. This was our first time at Bidwell Street Bistro, and we definitely will go there again. It is an enjoyable place for dinner, with delicious food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be the best in FolsomSfbaygalVIPDined on 11/2/2013Off my list when I'm in Folsom. Last two visits the service has been negligent. Had to ask if we had a waiter since no one came by for 5 minutes after we were seated. Service continued to be inattentive throughout the meal. Food is ok, but the service is so bad I won't go back. We used to go here every time we visited family that lived in town.
- Went there for lunch: tastyWorldTravelerDined on 10/30/2013Went there for lunch: tasty (but not amazing) food, friendly and competent staff. Small portions and very expensive; a high-end price tag doesn't equal a high-end experience. There are (many) better choices for significantly less money.
- dinner for twodaniDined on 10/25/2013what a wonderful place! small romatic perfect for dinner for two! this will be our date place from now on! best night ever!Special Features:
- Waitress was terriblesharonnaDined on 10/15/2013We both ordered a peach bellini to celebrate my friends birthday. We tasted the bellinis and they were so bad, they tasted like grapefruit. The waitress came by and asked how they were and we told her, she said yeah I made them and didn't know how but now looked it up and would you like me to make them right? We said yes and she took them away (we had only had a sip and she also took the rest of the split). We then got our appetizer of escargot which was so bland. Then we got our bellini's, much better. Got our check and she charged us for the bad ones. When questioned she said well I had to open another split, I said that's not our problem, she said Ok, I could credit 1 of them if you want... REALLY???????? Very disappointing....
- new ownershipEDHDinerDined on 10/11/2013The new owner kept the great chief Wendy, but the restaurant appears to be going more everyday fair with the menue choice. hamburgers, simple steaks . Wait staff was efficient, but missed the refinement that was evident under previous owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunchjuanitaDined on 10/8/2013I wanted a nice local restaurant with very good food that was quiet enough for a conversation with family. My grandson recommended Bidwell Bistro and it was perfect. Good job all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDocswannyDined on 10/4/2013We really enjoyed the experience. Absolutely delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and very goodBobNKathyDined on 10/2/2013Great service and very good food. We were on a limited time schedule, we had a show to catch, and they accomodated us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor choiceFoodieDined on 9/28/2013New owner. Nothing seems the same. Food not up to expectations. Owner never been in business before and it shows. We have eaten at Bidwell at least once a month for ten years and been very happy. Even before new owner things have not been up to par.Very disappointing
- Bidwell Bistro Exceeds Our CriteriaMartyannDined on 9/27/2013Our criteria for dining out is to find a place where (1) the food is not only delicious and unique and something we wouldn't fix at home (2) you are able to carry on a conversation with your table mates without raising your voice or leaning towards them to hear, and (3) the servers are attentive and anticipate your needs. Bidwell Bistro exceeded our expectations. It was a very enjoyable dining experience on all counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2013The "Bidwell Street Bistro" is a great hideaway that is very modern and upscale for a small Bistro. The tables are set with tablecloths and you are surronded by hardwoods, granite and stylish lighting. The menu is varied with many great and tasty choices to choose from....the waiters and waitesses are very friendly and professional... eager to meet your needs but dont hover as to be distractfull with a romantic senerio...Had a wonderfull time there! I highly reccommend this place. The only downfall I had was trying to find it in a sort of "strip-mall' on my GPS....but that could just be my device....Special Features:
- Food Fantastic - Service very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013Normally very high ratings from me. I hope to talk with manager directly about the poor service so he/she will be able to make the necessary adjustments. The chef puts out excellent food. The service is usually excellent also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed with friendsamaradodaveDined on 9/17/2013We took a couple of friends that were visiting from Europe. It was classy and quiet enough that we could visit for over two hours. Of course it was a weeknight, so I'm not sure it would be the same experience on the weekend. All four of our meals were excellent. Good wine and irresistible desserts topped it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Food and ServiceDennisDined on 9/10/2013I have eaten at Bidwell Street Bistro many times over the years and have always received Good Food and Friendly Service. Can't ask for more than that!Special Features: