Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orlando.bicegroup.com/
- Phone: 4075031415
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm to 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Lozzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bice Ristorante offers many private group dining options for your corporate event or special occasion dinner. We have two private dining rooms seating 10 to 40 guests. We can seat up to 225 guests, utilizing the private rooms and the main dining room for a larger dinner. There are also two outdoor terraces offering spectacular views of Portofino Bay Harbor, which are available for private bookings.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Brown (321)2468145
- Entertainment: Pianist Friday & Saturday from 7pm to 10 pm.
A word from Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
An exquisite culinary voyage right to the heart of Italy awaits you amid a decor which combines Old World elegance and modern chic. Bice Ristorante offers exquisite Northern Italian cuisine, and superb service in an elegant atmosphere. Bice overlooks the Portofino Bay, offering the finest waterfront views in Orlando. We are located on Universal Studios property, and are onlyContinued
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (46)special occasion (43)scenic view (37)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Venice at BiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Pretty good food in a fun Orlando place where suspension of reality created a great dining illusion. Really in Italy?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Magical, but great ServiceNReillyDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the excellent service of the restaurant, but the Magical Dinning Menu was not magical. Ordered the SPINACH SALAD with duck confit, it was very salty and I could not eat it. I also ordered the PORK CHOP MILANESE and learned that it is a thinly flattened breaded pork chop that is deep fried and very dry. The serving of the Chop is the size of the plate, but it was dried out and I was unable to eat that as well. Others in our party were also unable to eat the Pork and those who had the AGNOLOTTI said it was ok, but not something they would order again in the future. Thank you to the management for the comp of one of the meals.Special Features:
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were staying at Universal for the holiday weekend and wanted one good meal. After researching both on & off park options decided to try Bice. The server was attentive . The food was good. I would reccomend the pappardelle. The short rib stuffed ravioli was solid but didn't wow me even thigh it was billed as the signature dish. I am giving it 3 stars primarily based on the very high prices for the level of food offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband I went Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel to celebrate our 11th Anniversary. The scenery was romantic and the food was very good. They also brought out a piece of complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Jared was a good server and the portion size was generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in Formal ambiancekmukerDined on 8/29/2014The food is pricey ($100 per person including drinks and tips) and just OKAY, but not bad. The portions are big, so if you count calories do not order anything than main dish, or better split it with partner. The vine by glases list is very short and not notable, the rest you'll find the long wine list by buttle, but you'll definitely need big help if you are not familiar with Italian wines (there is no explanations in the wine list). The service is very good. The location is perfect, when making reservation ask for tables at the window, or you end up in "high traffic areas" and without any views at all.Special Features:
- Magical DiningUnluckydinnerDined on 8/28/2014The offerings for the program sounded wonderful but the food did not met expectations. The pork chop was over cooked, the risotto was mushy and the ravioli was lukewarm, the spinach salad and the chicken dish was excellent. The presentation of the food was good but as I have already mention the taste was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SS41Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and service! The sacchetti was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiCEphiggadillzDined on 8/27/2014BiCE was a great choice for dinner with my family and friends. It is authentically Italian in every way. The pace of the meal is quite slow, making the experience more authentic and intimate. Not your typical wine list, which was great. Mostly old world wines and modestly priced bottles fill the menu. Pasta is homemade and the item to order. My cocktail from the bar was excellent as well. Overall, my party and I all thoroughly enjoyed BiCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEASH2Dined on 8/16/2014great place for dinner food was excellent and can take great pictures out on the deck
- Best Pasta Ever!!!!!In2theBlueDined on 8/13/2014Thank you for a lovely evening!!! Food was made with love!!! We will be back soon!!! Service is outstanding!Special Features:
- dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent cocktails and food. Entrees adequate for sharing. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, relaxed fine diningMorenaDined on 7/27/2014We came to Bice looking for fine dining, unique flavors, and perfect pasta, and we found all 3. Although the decor of the restaurant is a bit New York sparse, the warmth of the wait staff and the wonderful food easily balanced that out. The carpaccio was absolutely amazing, and the pasta was perfectly prepared. If one loves northern Italian flavors with rich cream sauces and hand crafted pasta, there are few places to match Bice. Our waiter was personable, attentive, and warm. He took care of our every need and let us linger, even giving us a chance to go our on the balcony and enjoy the live evening music. Bice was the perfect mix of elegance and comfort.Special Features:
- Excellant FoodJohnDined on 7/25/2014This is our "go-to" place in Orlando for fine dining. Everything on the menu is Excellant and the service is awesome. However, there needs to be a dress code...no not suits / ties, but a swimsuit, tshirts and a ball cap is unacceptable in a resturant of this stature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food although priceycalnyDined on 7/23/2014If you are visiting Universal Orlando and in particular if you stay at Lowes Portofino or even in the adjacent Hard Rock Hotel, this restaurant is worth a visit. The food is exceptional. My daughter loves duck and she couldn't stop talking about it. The gnocchi which is made there was hands down the best I have ever eaten. It is pricey but if you're eating there you're probably on vacation so go ahead and splurge for the night. You won't regret it. If you are staying at the Portofino show your room key and you'll get a free glass of wine with each entrée!Special Features:
- Excellent meal.MindeliciousVIPDined on 7/10/2014Try the pear and Gorgonzola sacchetti. Absolutely divine. Great service and an awesome menu. Locals should ask about their preferred diner program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Universal eateryLovesteakDined on 7/9/2014We stayed at the Loews hotel and this restaurant is on site. The restaurant was quiet not sure why as the food was good and service excellent. A little pricey so may put people off if travelling with large family. My 12 year old son found it difficult to choose something so had a plain grilled steak which he enjoyed.Special Features:
- great foodanthony69Dined on 7/8/2014Good food but really expensive . 30 $ with tax for pasta is too much and additional 22 $ for car park .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement dinnerjsoldatiVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very helpful in staging my surprise...piano took request. Hostess helped secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potentialfoodeeVIPDined on 7/4/2014We've dined here many times over the past decade and love the ambiance and view. Unfortunately the food never lives up to look and the service has always been a bit snooty.Special Features:
- Love BIcesteveVIPDined on 7/3/2014We are locals and dine here frequently The food is fantastic and the fresh made pastas are as good as you will find anywhere Service is always perfect The only drawback is beyond their control....ie allowing tourists dressed trashy with t shirt and shorts in to dine with you They should up the dress code to make the diners commensurate with the food, the service, the ambience, and the overall qualitySpecial Features:
- Sensational!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014There are only a few times where the ambiance, service, presentation and taste converge into one artistic masterpiece and this was one of them. Our waiter, Emidio, was knowledgeable on every aspect including leading us to a wine that was a perfect match with our dinner selection. The food was masterfully done. It is hard to find risotto cooked properly and this was done to perfection. I rarely right a review unless the experience took me places and made me think about it past the check and this was such an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatWineNdineDined on 6/12/2014We first tried Bice on Valentines day and it was not the best experience. Tables crammed in and overall just a crazy night. However this was a much better experience. We had mentioned a special request as it was our anniversary and the hostess was very attentive of this. I don't think our server got the anniversary memo but he was excellent all the same. The food is amazing and we were very pleased with the duck and the risotto special for the night. The bar tender was also very helpful in selecting a bottle while we waited for our table. We live in the Orlando area and will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFsuchickVIPDined on 6/6/2014Been here quite a few times but this had to be the best yet. The piano guy was wonderful. Everything from our appetizer to entree to the tiramisu dessert was absolutely delicious! I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedJamesEDined on 5/17/2014This was the second time that I've been to the Bice and both times it's been fantastic. Sangria is done very well, excellent food and the Tiramisu is wonderful. It's a very good spot to go for a romantic dinner. I do have to mention as well that the service has been quick, efficient and welcoming. Due to an issue with work I had to push back our reservation time and the staff was most accommodating. Everyone there did an excellent job to make us feel special and comfortable. Self parking can be a small pain as it looks like there is work being done on the parking garage, but that is the only thing about the evening that wasn't exceptional for both my fiancé and I.Special Features:
- A Romantic Evening in ItalyCBMcWillyDined on 5/17/2014We had a wonderful experience at Bice. We sat outside on the patio overlooking the water and the plaza - it was a beautiful evening. The food we had was absolutely outstanding. The fettuccine with mushffiffrooms and lobster melted in your mouth. The service was capable, efficient and friendly. It was a great evening - we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- MORE THAN A RESTAURANTJOHNVIPDined on 5/14/2014A place with greatfood,drinks,and service. Staff and management are always attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014A great place to celebrate special occasion or pop the question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningdivaDined on 5/8/2014Always go to Bice when we are at Portofino Bay. Nice for an elegant dining experience. Fresh made pasta is always outstanding.Special Features:
- The following 390 reviews are from the Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews archive.
- True ItalianFoodieFunDined on 5/3/2014Food was amazing. However service started great and then went down hill from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner. It was a perfect night to be on the patio. The sun sets behind the building, so it is very comforatble. If the portions were more appropriate, perhaps the prices could be more acceptable. Our appetizer could have pleased six people, but it was $18. We shared a salad, and then both took half of our $35 entrees home. They should realize that probably 2/3 of their customers are traveling, and don't want huge meals or leftovers. We shared a fresh berry Napoleon, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeRobertDined on 4/24/2014Everything was perfect. The staff was friendly from the moment we walked in until we left. Food was incredible. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food Yetdeb57Dined on 4/20/2014We decided to do Easter dinner at Bice and we had one of our best Italian meals ever. I decided on the shrimp fra divalo which is spicy but they can tone it down and it was very tasty, Robert opted for one of the veal dishes which was a veal chop lightly breaded and pounded out and it was a great choice - if you like veal then I would highly recommend. They also have a wide choice of other meal choices and I can't wait to go back and try out a new one. If you like wine, they have a wonderful list to choose from which our waiter helped us with. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and made us feel like we were his only table. Please go give it a try if you are looking for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Good resterauntKARDIDined on 4/19/2014If you are looking for a clean, nice, fancy restaurant this is the place. It offers a wide variety of Italian food and creates a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian foodToeckelDined on 4/15/2014We thought we have been in Italy. The high ceiling rooms are very comfortable, the service was friendly and the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of ItalyfoodeeVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great ambiance. A real getaway from ordinary dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goof atmosphere great foodthemuskymasterDined on 3/30/2014Some of the best pasta ever, everything is freshly madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service: GM MassimoIleneDined on 3/29/2014Great service: GM Massimo runs this place very efficiently and the food is excellent! No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itCriticDined on 3/28/2014We been to this same restaurant in NY and Miami and always had great experiences. Not here. Bice in Orlando is still expensive but just an ordinary restaurant. The food wasn't good at allSpecial Features:
- Good choiceWesCDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant honored the reservation to the letter,which is fantastic.The table was prepared nicely and we did not have to wait for our reservation,which is important to me.The drinks were wonderful and the apps came out timely and perfectly plated & delicious.The main course was amazing with hearty portions. Nice plating again.The service was good but was a little slow with drink refills. In their defense, it was a full house.They did not rush us and allowed us to enjoy the dining experience.The setting was a little on the loud side;however,the view of the portofino harbor and resort was very nice. It was great for our small party.I would recommend this as the best option for a great Italian meal and relaxing experience at the resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.