Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orlando.bicegroup.com/
- Phone: 4075031415
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm to 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Lozzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bice Ristorante offers many private group dining options for your corporate event or special occasion dinner. We have two private dining rooms seating 10 to 40 guests. We can seat up to 225 guests, utilizing the private rooms and the main dining room for a larger dinner. There are also two outdoor terraces offering spectacular views of Portofino Bay Harbor, which are available for private bookings.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Brown (321)2468145
- Entertainment: Pianist Friday & Saturday from 7pm to 10 pm.
A word from Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
An exquisite culinary voyage right to the heart of Italy awaits you amid a decor which combines Old World elegance and modern chic. Bice Ristorante offers exquisite Northern Italian cuisine, and superb service in an elegant atmosphere. Bice overlooks the Portofino Bay, offering the finest waterfront views in Orlando. We are located on Universal Studios property, and are onlyContinued
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (50)scenic view (42)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (25)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- Bice at Loews Portofino Bay HotelSteelmanDined on 9/27/2014Service and scenery were excellent. Food was very good. This is a nice restaurant for date night. Would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- DpdemDined on 9/26/2014Always a pleasure to dine a Bice in Orlando. The dining room and view are magnificent as always. This time the food and service was better than the last visit. Not sure if a change in staff or we just had dinner on an off night last time. They are back to their usual excellent food and service. Tha short rib stuffed raviaoli with marsala is still amazing.Special Features:
- Magicalswmgurl8Dined on 9/22/2014My fiance and I went to Bice (pronounced bee-che) for the first time to take part in the Magical Dining Month. It was a truly magical experience. Our server Alex was wonderful, and the food was top notch. Very impressed with this spot!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Liked pianist. Menu offering not worth price paid very disappointed in selection options.Special Features:
- DisappointedMagicalDiningDined on 9/20/2014Unfortunately we were disappointed with the overall experience. The service started out almost too good with the Manager popping over too frequently and then it trailed off so that toward the end no one came by when we were ready to have our plates cleared and the check brought out. We felt like their MD offerings were not up to par. We couldn't even find those entrees on the regular menu so we thought they were not good enough for the regular menu and when my husband got his pork dinner it certainly was not good enough for the regular menu. It was a flattened, breaded, fried piece of cardboard. My entree from the regular menu was good.Special Features:
- chefpmaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Bice is wonderful. The atmosphere and service was top drawer. The food even better. Risotto of the day was to die for.Special Features:
- Not rec for dietary restrictionsFloridaResidentDined on 9/15/2014We booked our reservation at Bice to celebrate a special occasion - it was easily the nicest restaurant we chose to dine in during our trip to Universal, so we had high hopes. It started off well - decent atmosphere, friendly server, appealing menu - but did not end well. I am severely intolerant to gluten and was careful to communicate this from the moment we sat down, knowing that the earlier I get flagged as GF, the better experience I usually have. I asked a lot of questions about the menu and they said they could modify to be gluten free, but I didn't even make it out of the restaurant before getting violently ill. Unfortunate end to what should have been a great evening.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at is BestBrunchBunchVIPDined on 9/15/2014Bice was a wonderful experience with much thanks to our server Alex who was professional, caring, personable and more. We we greeted by the hostess in a warm way and our dining experience was flawless. We were drawn to Bice by the Magical Dining menu (for Sept.) which was $33 for a 3-course dinner. If our food is any indication, I don't think it would matter what you ordered, you wouldn't be disappointed. This was truly one of our best dining experiences and we look forward to another visit (yes, even at full price) the next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:
- Great ItalianHHI2EatDined on 9/11/2014Great location and view near windows. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Dinning with FriendsfriendsfoodandwineDined on 9/6/2014Great spot for dinner as a couple or with a group of friends...restaurant smelled fantastic when we walked in...service and food/wine were very good...dessert was incredible! Had a great time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantAnniversaryDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed our dining experience at Bice's Restaurant. Food was fantasic so was the ambiance and service was top notch. Will be back !Special Features:
- Magical DiningALocalDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant was very nice, live piano in the background, servers were very attentive though we were in and out within an hour and 10 mins. Felt rushed. Appetizers were delicious, I had Spinach salad (very nice) and my husband had the Mushroom Risotto which was amazing. For the entree we both ordered the Lobster Ravioli. The sauce was pretty bland and room temp but did have chunks of lobster in the ravioli. Dessert was ok nothing memorable. We chose to valet (it was raining) not realising it was $32. As a courtesy our waiter, knowing we were locals should have offered to validate the parking which would have cost us $5.33. Bice has been on our "to do" list for awhile, glad we did but will not put it on our list for next years Magical Dining.Special Features:
- Outstanding RisottoDsnysGr8tVIPDined on 9/6/2014Unfortunately the rest of our Magical Dining Meal was not on the same level as the risotto. Pork way over done, lobster ravioli filling was tastey however the sauce was cold which made the dish unappealing. Chocolate dessert something my teenager could have made with ease. Service was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining but indifferent sericceAJamesDined on 9/4/2014Fantastic ambience and atmosphere, really great food and an excellent wine list. Potentially a truly great fine-dining experience, which it certainly was the last time I was there, some while back. However, on this occasion it was all sadly let down badly by the poor quality and indifferent level of service. Feedback was given at the time so hopefully the service level will improve to meet what would be reasonable to expect in a fine-dining restaurant.Special Features:
- samuraisuzDined on 9/4/2014Every aspect of the meal was perfect. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special eveningDRC876VIPDined on 9/3/2014Sat beside the window with a lovely view. Food was incredible (Magical Dining) and the service simply perfect. We live in the neighborhood and forgot about what was once a favorite dining place for us - Bice. We will be back soon. Glad that Magical Dining reminded us of this gem. It was a very special evening: ambiance, food, and service-wise.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Food was delicious, service was good and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok..nothing specialJellybeanagVIPDined on 9/1/2014Went with great expectations and left a bit bummed out. Server was not attentive, had stains on his jacket. The waitstaff along with the manager stood around at the bar during service ate and goofed off. (do that in the back of house) The food was ok, the vodka sauce felt like it came from a jar and little things like when our food was served the staff went to all the trouble of serving to the left, but didnt turn the plate around to display "BICE" facing you. This is supposed to be upscale, but little things and little details were not taken care of.Special Features:
- Venice at BiceLuvfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014Pretty good food in a fun Orlando place where suspension of reality created a great dining illusion. Really in Italy?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Magical, but great ServiceNReillyDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the excellent service of the restaurant, but the Magical Dinning Menu was not magical. Ordered the SPINACH SALAD with duck confit, it was very salty and I could not eat it. I also ordered the PORK CHOP MILANESE and learned that it is a thinly flattened breaded pork chop that is deep fried and very dry. The serving of the Chop is the size of the plate, but it was dried out and I was unable to eat that as well. Others in our party were also unable to eat the Pork and those who had the AGNOLOTTI said it was ok, but not something they would order again in the future. Thank you to the management for the comp of one of the meals.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visitPastymageDined on 8/31/2014We stayed at the Portofino on a recent visit, so we decided to try Bice for one of our dinners. The food was quite good - I had the tortelloni and new england clam chowder (compared to the average, a *lot* more clam meat in there), with a delicious amaretto cheesecake. We were an early reservation so it was nearly empty when we arrived, but the service stayed almost supernaturally attentive even after it filled up.Special Features:
- Good but priceyBiancaneroDined on 8/30/2014We were staying at Universal for the holiday weekend and wanted one good meal. After researching both on & off park options decided to try Bice. The server was attentive . The food was good. I would reccomend the pappardelle. The short rib stuffed ravioli was solid but didn't wow me even thigh it was billed as the signature dish. I am giving it 3 stars primarily based on the very high prices for the level of food offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic EveningRomanticVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband I went Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel to celebrate our 11th Anniversary. The scenery was romantic and the food was very good. They also brought out a piece of complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Jared was a good server and the portion size was generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in Formal ambiancekmukerDined on 8/29/2014The food is pricey ($100 per person including drinks and tips) and just OKAY, but not bad. The portions are big, so if you count calories do not order anything than main dish, or better split it with partner. The vine by glases list is very short and not notable, the rest you'll find the long wine list by buttle, but you'll definitely need big help if you are not familiar with Italian wines (there is no explanations in the wine list). The service is very good. The location is perfect, when making reservation ask for tables at the window, or you end up in "high traffic areas" and without any views at all.Special Features:
- Magical DiningUnluckydinnerDined on 8/28/2014The offerings for the program sounded wonderful but the food did not met expectations. The pork chop was over cooked, the risotto was mushy and the ravioli was lukewarm, the spinach salad and the chicken dish was excellent. The presentation of the food was good but as I have already mention the taste was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SS41Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and service! The sacchetti was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiCEphiggadillzDined on 8/27/2014BiCE was a great choice for dinner with my family and friends. It is authentically Italian in every way. The pace of the meal is quite slow, making the experience more authentic and intimate. Not your typical wine list, which was great. Mostly old world wines and modestly priced bottles fill the menu. Pasta is homemade and the item to order. My cocktail from the bar was excellent as well. Overall, my party and I all thoroughly enjoyed BiCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEASH2Dined on 8/16/2014great place for dinner food was excellent and can take great pictures out on the deck
- Best Pasta Ever!!!!!In2theBlueDined on 8/13/2014Thank you for a lovely evening!!! Food was made with love!!! We will be back soon!!! Service is outstanding!Special Features:
- dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent cocktails and food. Entrees adequate for sharing. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, relaxed fine diningMorenaDined on 7/27/2014We came to Bice looking for fine dining, unique flavors, and perfect pasta, and we found all 3. Although the decor of the restaurant is a bit New York sparse, the warmth of the wait staff and the wonderful food easily balanced that out. The carpaccio was absolutely amazing, and the pasta was perfectly prepared. If one loves northern Italian flavors with rich cream sauces and hand crafted pasta, there are few places to match Bice. Our waiter was personable, attentive, and warm. He took care of our every need and let us linger, even giving us a chance to go our on the balcony and enjoy the live evening music. Bice was the perfect mix of elegance and comfort.Special Features:
- Excellant FoodJohnDined on 7/25/2014This is our "go-to" place in Orlando for fine dining. Everything on the menu is Excellant and the service is awesome. However, there needs to be a dress code...no not suits / ties, but a swimsuit, tshirts and a ball cap is unacceptable in a resturant of this stature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food although priceycalnyDined on 7/23/2014If you are visiting Universal Orlando and in particular if you stay at Lowes Portofino or even in the adjacent Hard Rock Hotel, this restaurant is worth a visit. The food is exceptional. My daughter loves duck and she couldn't stop talking about it. The gnocchi which is made there was hands down the best I have ever eaten. It is pricey but if you're eating there you're probably on vacation so go ahead and splurge for the night. You won't regret it. If you are staying at the Portofino show your room key and you'll get a free glass of wine with each entrée!Special Features:
- Excellent meal.MindeliciousVIPDined on 7/10/2014Try the pear and Gorgonzola sacchetti. Absolutely divine. Great service and an awesome menu. Locals should ask about their preferred diner program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Universal eateryLovesteakDined on 7/9/2014We stayed at the Loews hotel and this restaurant is on site. The restaurant was quiet not sure why as the food was good and service excellent. A little pricey so may put people off if travelling with large family. My 12 year old son found it difficult to choose something so had a plain grilled steak which he enjoyed.Special Features:
- great foodanthony69Dined on 7/8/2014Good food but really expensive . 30 $ with tax for pasta is too much and additional 22 $ for car park .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement dinnerjsoldatiVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very helpful in staging my surprise...piano took request. Hostess helped secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potentialfoodeeVIPDined on 7/4/2014We've dined here many times over the past decade and love the ambiance and view. Unfortunately the food never lives up to look and the service has always been a bit snooty.Special Features:
- Love BIcesteveVIPDined on 7/3/2014We are locals and dine here frequently The food is fantastic and the fresh made pastas are as good as you will find anywhere Service is always perfect The only drawback is beyond their control....ie allowing tourists dressed trashy with t shirt and shorts in to dine with you They should up the dress code to make the diners commensurate with the food, the service, the ambience, and the overall qualitySpecial Features: