Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orlando.bicegroup.com/
- Phone: (407) 503-1415
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm to 10.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Lozzi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pianist Friday & Saturday from 7pm to 10 pm.
A word from Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
An exquisite culinary voyage right to the heart of Italy awaits you amid a decor which combines Old World elegance and modern chic. Bice Ristorante offers exquisite Northern Italian cuisine, and superb service in an elegant atmosphere. Bice overlooks the Portofino Bay, offering the finest waterfront views in Orlando. We are located on Universal Studios property, and are onlyContinued
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
3 miles from the Orange County Convention Center. The water taxi taking your guests to Universal Citywalk is steps from the restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (48)scenic view (41)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Exceptional servicesandyVIPDined on 11/9/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Orlando. The food was fantastic, the homemade pastas were flavourful and melted in your mouth. The service was perfect, they were attentive without being overbearing. I went to dinner there with my two daughters and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Bice never disappoints!tampabkbDined on 11/7/2014We've actually been to Bice in Naples a few times but this was our first visit to the one in Orlando and we really enjoyed it. That being said, we weren't quite sure why the Maitre 'd told us the restaurant was full for the night when we arrived without a reservation and there were clearly many empty tables. I think it was actually a slower than normal Friday night and maybe everyone wanted to go home early??? Regardless, the service was great and the food, as usual, was delicious. My husband had the veal scaloppine and I had the gnocchi...seriously the best gnocchi I've ever had...so light and fresh. And I'm not a dessert person but the tiramisu was wonderful...not too sweet with great flavor.Special Features:
- fantastic restauranthoneybeeDined on 11/7/2014We first ate in Bice about 4 years ago, when on holiday in Orlando from the UK, and couldn't wait to go back when we were in Orlando again. The food is amazing, we went twice this holiday, and both times thoroughly enjoyed it. I particularly enjoyed the salmon entrée. The desserts were lovely too, just the right size portion unlike some restaurants which give you far too much. I would definitely go back if I had the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful venue fabulous experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014This was our 4th annual visit to this lovely Italian Restaurant at Universal's Portofino Hotel. We celebrated our anniversary and Emidio made the occasion very special for us. Despite the restaurant being very busy, he personally attended to us. The monthly 3 course dinner special is quite a good deal. We chose the salmon tartar appetizer which was melt-in-the-mouth delectable! The maitre’d is a true professional and knows how to provide patrons with an exquisite dining experience from proseco to dessert.Special Features:
- FerraristiDined on 10/23/2014Price vs the quality of the food could have been better.Special Features:
- Very goodFmarinhDined on 10/17/2014The Food, wine list and The ambiance. The only problem was The delay of the main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic honeymoon revisitEmikoDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening. The food was marvelous and nicely priced. Our server was excellent and accommodating beyond our expectations. I was encouraged to try the menu by the chef Alessandro who was at the Playing For Time Golf Event which raised $66,000 for breast cancer treatments here in Orlando. Thank you for supporting this cause and thank you for reinacting our honeymoon in Italy. We are now proud VIP members and will be back as often as possible! Bravismo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We used Open Table to make our reservation at Bice for our 2nd wedding anniversary dinner. Despite receiving an email confirmation of our reservation, the restaurant seemed to have no record of it. Thankfully, it was not busy and we were seated immediately. Our server was attentive, but not intrusive and helped us choose an excellent wine. The food was perfectly prepared and delicious. The restaurant itself was beautiful and even though they were busy (not packed), with quite a few families and several larger groups, we were able to carry on a conversation comfortably. We don't know what the problem was with the reservation, but we would recommend calling the restaurant directly instead of using Open Table.Special Features:
- Ruined by noisy childrenDancer29Dined on 10/5/2014We would have enjoyed our evening much more had they not seated us between two tables with screaming and rambunctious children. There were at least 20 open tables but they never even offered to move us, though they knew it was a terrible situation. Very poor attention to customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianasalDeeandsalDined on 9/30/2014Wonderful location and with an open feeling with a view of the lagoon and piazza below. Service is professional from the greeting at the door to the end of your dinner. Fine dining with a flair of ambiance. A go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Bice at Loews Portofino Bay HotelSteelmanDined on 9/27/2014Service and scenery were excellent. Food was very good. This is a nice restaurant for date night. Would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- DpdemDined on 9/26/2014Always a pleasure to dine a Bice in Orlando. The dining room and view are magnificent as always. This time the food and service was better than the last visit. Not sure if a change in staff or we just had dinner on an off night last time. They are back to their usual excellent food and service. Tha short rib stuffed raviaoli with marsala is still amazing.Special Features:
- Magicalswmgurl8Dined on 9/22/2014My fiance and I went to Bice (pronounced bee-che) for the first time to take part in the Magical Dining Month. It was a truly magical experience. Our server Alex was wonderful, and the food was top notch. Very impressed with this spot!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Liked pianist. Menu offering not worth price paid very disappointed in selection options.Special Features:
- DisappointedMagicalDiningDined on 9/20/2014Unfortunately we were disappointed with the overall experience. The service started out almost too good with the Manager popping over too frequently and then it trailed off so that toward the end no one came by when we were ready to have our plates cleared and the check brought out. We felt like their MD offerings were not up to par. We couldn't even find those entrees on the regular menu so we thought they were not good enough for the regular menu and when my husband got his pork dinner it certainly was not good enough for the regular menu. It was a flattened, breaded, fried piece of cardboard. My entree from the regular menu was good.Special Features:
- chefpmaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Bice is wonderful. The atmosphere and service was top drawer. The food even better. Risotto of the day was to die for.Special Features:
- Not rec for dietary restrictionsFloridaResidentDined on 9/15/2014We booked our reservation at Bice to celebrate a special occasion - it was easily the nicest restaurant we chose to dine in during our trip to Universal, so we had high hopes. It started off well - decent atmosphere, friendly server, appealing menu - but did not end well. I am severely intolerant to gluten and was careful to communicate this from the moment we sat down, knowing that the earlier I get flagged as GF, the better experience I usually have. I asked a lot of questions about the menu and they said they could modify to be gluten free, but I didn't even make it out of the restaurant before getting violently ill. Unfortunate end to what should have been a great evening.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at is BestBrunchBunchVIPDined on 9/15/2014Bice was a wonderful experience with much thanks to our server Alex who was professional, caring, personable and more. We we greeted by the hostess in a warm way and our dining experience was flawless. We were drawn to Bice by the Magical Dining menu (for Sept.) which was $33 for a 3-course dinner. If our food is any indication, I don't think it would matter what you ordered, you wouldn't be disappointed. This was truly one of our best dining experiences and we look forward to another visit (yes, even at full price) the next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:
- Great ItalianHHI2EatDined on 9/11/2014Great location and view near windows. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Dinning with FriendsfriendsfoodandwineDined on 9/6/2014Great spot for dinner as a couple or with a group of friends...restaurant smelled fantastic when we walked in...service and food/wine were very good...dessert was incredible! Had a great time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantAnniversaryDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed our dining experience at Bice's Restaurant. Food was fantasic so was the ambiance and service was top notch. Will be back !Special Features:
- Magical DiningALocalDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant was very nice, live piano in the background, servers were very attentive though we were in and out within an hour and 10 mins. Felt rushed. Appetizers were delicious, I had Spinach salad (very nice) and my husband had the Mushroom Risotto which was amazing. For the entree we both ordered the Lobster Ravioli. The sauce was pretty bland and room temp but did have chunks of lobster in the ravioli. Dessert was ok nothing memorable. We chose to valet (it was raining) not realising it was $32. As a courtesy our waiter, knowing we were locals should have offered to validate the parking which would have cost us $5.33. Bice has been on our "to do" list for awhile, glad we did but will not put it on our list for next years Magical Dining.Special Features:
- Outstanding RisottoDsnysGr8tVIPDined on 9/6/2014Unfortunately the rest of our Magical Dining Meal was not on the same level as the risotto. Pork way over done, lobster ravioli filling was tastey however the sauce was cold which made the dish unappealing. Chocolate dessert something my teenager could have made with ease. Service was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining but indifferent sericceAJamesDined on 9/4/2014Fantastic ambience and atmosphere, really great food and an excellent wine list. Potentially a truly great fine-dining experience, which it certainly was the last time I was there, some while back. However, on this occasion it was all sadly let down badly by the poor quality and indifferent level of service. Feedback was given at the time so hopefully the service level will improve to meet what would be reasonable to expect in a fine-dining restaurant.Special Features:
- samuraisuzDined on 9/4/2014Every aspect of the meal was perfect. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special eveningDRC876VIPDined on 9/3/2014Sat beside the window with a lovely view. Food was incredible (Magical Dining) and the service simply perfect. We live in the neighborhood and forgot about what was once a favorite dining place for us - Bice. We will be back soon. Glad that Magical Dining reminded us of this gem. It was a very special evening: ambiance, food, and service-wise.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Food was delicious, service was good and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok..nothing specialJellybeanagVIPDined on 9/1/2014Went with great expectations and left a bit bummed out. Server was not attentive, had stains on his jacket. The waitstaff along with the manager stood around at the bar during service ate and goofed off. (do that in the back of house) The food was ok, the vodka sauce felt like it came from a jar and little things like when our food was served the staff went to all the trouble of serving to the left, but didnt turn the plate around to display "BICE" facing you. This is supposed to be upscale, but little things and little details were not taken care of.Special Features:
- Venice at BiceLuvfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014Pretty good food in a fun Orlando place where suspension of reality created a great dining illusion. Really in Italy?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Magical, but great ServiceNReillyDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the excellent service of the restaurant, but the Magical Dinning Menu was not magical. Ordered the SPINACH SALAD with duck confit, it was very salty and I could not eat it. I also ordered the PORK CHOP MILANESE and learned that it is a thinly flattened breaded pork chop that is deep fried and very dry. The serving of the Chop is the size of the plate, but it was dried out and I was unable to eat that as well. Others in our party were also unable to eat the Pork and those who had the AGNOLOTTI said it was ok, but not something they would order again in the future. Thank you to the management for the comp of one of the meals.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visitPastymageDined on 8/31/2014We stayed at the Portofino on a recent visit, so we decided to try Bice for one of our dinners. The food was quite good - I had the tortelloni and new england clam chowder (compared to the average, a *lot* more clam meat in there), with a delicious amaretto cheesecake. We were an early reservation so it was nearly empty when we arrived, but the service stayed almost supernaturally attentive even after it filled up.Special Features:
- Good but priceyBiancaneroDined on 8/30/2014We were staying at Universal for the holiday weekend and wanted one good meal. After researching both on & off park options decided to try Bice. The server was attentive . The food was good. I would reccomend the pappardelle. The short rib stuffed ravioli was solid but didn't wow me even thigh it was billed as the signature dish. I am giving it 3 stars primarily based on the very high prices for the level of food offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic EveningRomanticVIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband I went Bice at The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel to celebrate our 11th Anniversary. The scenery was romantic and the food was very good. They also brought out a piece of complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Jared was a good server and the portion size was generousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in Formal ambiancekmukerDined on 8/29/2014The food is pricey ($100 per person including drinks and tips) and just OKAY, but not bad. The portions are big, so if you count calories do not order anything than main dish, or better split it with partner. The vine by glases list is very short and not notable, the rest you'll find the long wine list by buttle, but you'll definitely need big help if you are not familiar with Italian wines (there is no explanations in the wine list). The service is very good. The location is perfect, when making reservation ask for tables at the window, or you end up in "high traffic areas" and without any views at all.Special Features:
- Magical DiningUnluckydinnerDined on 8/28/2014The offerings for the program sounded wonderful but the food did not met expectations. The pork chop was over cooked, the risotto was mushy and the ravioli was lukewarm, the spinach salad and the chicken dish was excellent. The presentation of the food was good but as I have already mention the taste was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SS41Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and service! The sacchetti was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiCEphiggadillzDined on 8/27/2014BiCE was a great choice for dinner with my family and friends. It is authentically Italian in every way. The pace of the meal is quite slow, making the experience more authentic and intimate. Not your typical wine list, which was great. Mostly old world wines and modestly priced bottles fill the menu. Pasta is homemade and the item to order. My cocktail from the bar was excellent as well. Overall, my party and I all thoroughly enjoyed BiCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEASH2VIPDined on 8/16/2014great place for dinner food was excellent and can take great pictures out on the deck
- Best Pasta Ever!!!!!In2theBlueDined on 8/13/2014Thank you for a lovely evening!!! Food was made with love!!! We will be back soon!!! Service is outstanding!Special Features: