2801 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95816Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.biba-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (916) 455-2422
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Biba Caggiano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available only on special request.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Hand 9164552422
- Entertainment: Piano in lounge Wed-Sat from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Cross Street: 28th & Capitol Avenue
- Public Transit: Bus stops on Capitol Avenue in either direction just a few yards away.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Public parking garage accepting only credit cards available just a half block away at 28th and N St. Valet parking also available for lunch and dinner.
A word from Biba Restaurant
Located in the historic Old Tavern Building, just minutes from the State Capitol, Biba Caggiano, celebrated chef, cookbook author, and TV personality, brings a bit of Italy to Sacramento. Savor the flavors of Biba's award winning authentic Italian cuisine in a friendly but refined ambiance, with attentive service that will make you feel instantly welcome. Enjoy spuntini with a cocktail or glass of wine in the lounge area, kick back and listen to piano music, or order a full meal at the bar or in the dining room. Only the finest and freshest ingredients are used and the food is truly Italian...house made lasagne Bolognese on Thursday and Friday and a different stuffed pasta dish every day. Osso bucco alla Milanese (veal shanks) or stinco di agnello (lamb shanks) are just some of the entrees you may expect to find. California and Italian wines are available to complement the food. And don't skip the dessert. The Tiramisu is to die for!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Biba Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Biba Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)fit for foodies (106)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (55)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (50)good for groups (32)hot spot (10)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- PleasurableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Each time we go, we pleasantly pleased. Biba still personally thanks you upon completion of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lillith68Dined on 11/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal! If you're looking for a special meal Biba fits the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/14/2014Biba has delivered over and over a great menu of tasty offerings. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!legsDined on 11/13/2014our server was wonderful! with the Italian translation, he had it down! the lasagne did not disappoint! Just too bad it is only available on Thursday & Friday! It melts in your mouth. the other food items were wonderful, tasty, creative. Always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightGibletDined on 11/12/2014Always fantastic food with a special treat of table side visits from Biba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Biba consistently provides a wonderful dining opportunity, whether for a business lunch or just a nice dinner at which you would like to have conversation without fighting to hear each other. Biba's pastas are still the best in Sacramento, and her presence in the restaurant is always a great reminder of her commitment to the restaurant ant to her customers.Special Features:
- Used to be exceptionalDiningDivaVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have been to Bibas for family celebrations for years and I have to say this visit was disappointing. The food was good...but not the exceptional food and service we were used to at Bibas. Our Beet Salad was ordinary and it almost seemed that the beets were canned. We had beets, a bit of cheese and a very small portion. My artichoke ravioli was good, again nothing exceptional. My cousins salad looked sad, just some lettuce on a plate with nothing on it. Service was ok. If we wanted more water or ice tea we had to ask. The server, GiGi was friendly, but I felt that we should have been given more attention when dining by the bus person. If I'm paying $200 for four people to dine, I expect exceptional food and better service.
- Our friendly visit to Biba1archie1Dined on 10/31/2014The room was very inviting and was tastefully furnished. Live music was being played at the perfect volume. The menu selection was quite broad with something for everyone. The service was quite well done in a very attentive manner. Reservations are recommended as the room filled up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasure meeting BibaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014She made it a point to come out to our table to visit. It impressed my sister and her husband having come out from Michigan. Sister had watched her when she was on TV. Great restaurant and great food. Overall, great evening.Special Features:
- The food was excellent.AndiamoVIPDined on 10/24/2014We always enjoy ourselves at Biba's, service is always excellent. We love to share a meal with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the BestKingkong9kVIPDined on 10/24/2014Biba still serves up the best Italian in Sacramento. Her dishes never disappoint after all the years I have been dining here. We love to get the lasagna served on Thursday and Friday. And all her handmade pastas are delicious.Special Features:
- chatbleuDined on 10/23/2014This is a quality restaurant with traditional Italian food, well prepared. We will return.Special Features:
- Better than EverTeddyVIPDined on 10/22/2014We have been eating here for over 20 years. Biba remains in charge and the menus are frequently changed. Always great Italian food as one gets in Italy. We had the buffalo mozzarella with dried tomatoes, the bucatini and the gnocci, all perfect. Desert was an excellent canolli. The road construction outside is finally finished and the valet parking is now around the corner.Special Features:
- A splendid eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/21/2014We asked for a small round table for four, for our reunion with old friends -- and got precisely that. We all loved the lentil soup. Three of us devoured the wonderful short ribs, and the 4th, the salmon, and we shared tasty desserts. Gigi poured the (2) bottles of wine we brought in a gracious and timely manner. In short, a fine meal with old friends -- just what we knew we would find at Biba!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Great Place to VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great place Delicious Great Place to Visit and to take your date.Special Features:
- Expensive mediocre foodReviewer7Dined on 10/17/2014Expensive mediocre food. Good atmosphere though. I thought it is a good place to experience just once.Special Features:
- Just what I would expectFullylDined on 10/16/2014I have been coming here for years and I will continue to do so as there is always something new and yummy.Special Features:
- open5085Dined on 10/16/2014Calamari was outstanding. Veal chop prepared to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sac-Town FindBeanDined on 10/16/2014While in Sacramento for a conference, a coworker and I went to Biba. The food was fantastic. I personally felt that it was slightly overpriced, but certainly not enough to turn me away. Great find.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Have eaten at Biba's many times over her almost 30 years and, as always, not disappointed. Food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Once AgainGourmanDined on 10/15/2014Every time I come back to Biba's I find myself saying to myself, "why did I wait so long?" This is truly an extraordinary dining gem. I particularly like that I don't feel rushed and I can savor the food, company and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionirishnancyDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I went for lunch to celebrate his birthday. We had never been to Biba before, but have read many articles/reviews about it. It truly lived up to our expectations. It is pricy, but for special occasions, I don't mind spending the extra dollars when the food, service & ambiance are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 4 lunch; business or pleasureGinaGourmandDined on 10/10/2014Their lasanga, only prepared for Thursdays and Fridays, was exceptional. Our beet salad was so fresh, simple and refreshing. The pasta melted in my mouth. I was sorry I didn't have room for dessert as their desserts looked incredible and delicious. I love the old English atmosphere of the main dining area. Lovely ambiance. Very nice and varied menu. Can't wait to go in the evening and try their "Prix Fixe" menu. I'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbiedoll72Dined on 10/9/2014Food and service were outstanding. We dined there twice during our 5 day stay in Sacramento.Special Features:
- Biba's Place4eatingoutDined on 10/6/2014Biba's restaurant has a reputation as an elite establishment with exquisite, yet relaxed dining. Biba is hostess to many business and political leaders, as well as locals and visitors to the community. Biba will stop by her guests' tables to greet them and engage in light conversation. The menu is adequate and the food is well presented and done well. Service is good, however if in a hurry, you may find it a bit too relaxed. The only real annoyance was the noise level, which interfered with relaxed conversation.Special Features:
- An Italian favorite!KathyDined on 10/3/2014Biba Restaurant has a great menu and a good variety for everyone. The spinach lasagna and beet salad was perfect. We split the beet salad as there is more than enough for two. The lunch hour is popular so make reservations. The owner was there and greeted everyone as they came in and took the time to ask us if everything was ok when we left. It was very nice to be asked.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchDiningAlumniDined on 10/3/2014All four of us enjoyed a delicious relaxed lunch with very attentive service. We were personally greeted by Biba and chatted with her on our way out, not a usual occurrence at other restaurants. One friend and I were especially pleased with the preparation of the calves liver which is so often over cooked and ruined in restaurants. All our meals were delicious, and our server went out of his way to be accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BibafoodiesinEGDined on 10/2/2014Biba never disappoints - and on Thursdays and Fridays they serve the most amazing Lasagna! It is worth the trip to Sacramento just for that. Everything else on the menu is outstanding as well and the table visit from Biba herself made our lunch perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna!saradoodlesDined on 10/2/2014Been to Biba's many times for lunch and dinner but never ordered her famous lasagna before, but this time decided to have it and planned the lunch with my friend for a Thursday because that is the only day you can get it. If it doesn't sell out on Thursday, you can get it on Friday too but it is so labor-intensive she can only offer it once a week. I couldn't believe how delicious it was. I have never been disappointed in what I ordered at Biba, but I always ask the server for recommendations who often steer me in another direction from what I was originally thinking, but the lasagna is not to be missed! Service and presentation is excellent too!Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014I had the chicken and cheese stuffed ravioli. It was great! The menu selections were numerous, wish I could have had more.Special Features:
- A leisurely lunchBobRDined on 9/30/2014A nice opportunity to escape the hustle-bustle of the noisy, trendy "hipster" places & have a pleasant lunch with co-workers. Service was friendly, prompt, and attentive. Two had pasta entrees - smoked salmon for one & a tomato/sausage gemelli for the other. They were "decent", but a bit skimpy on the meat/protein. Neither entree was particularly "colorful" looking for the presentation. Adding some asparagus (or other green veggie...just not broccoli) to the salmon pasta would have been nice. Other diner had the pork tenderloin with proscuitto, served with mashed potatoes & vegetable. That's always a good choice & the presenation on the plate was quite nice. Chocolate mousse cake was the hit & the 3 of us split it. YUM.Special Features:
- Biba still has itRichHDined on 9/30/2014We visited Biba on the last day of their summer menu. The food, service, and wine were all excellent as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014Service was excellent. Wait staff was very attentive and well versed on the menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDolcevitaDined on 9/26/2014Always a pleasure to try old favorites with a new twist. Italian dining at its finest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martistjDined on 9/26/2014This was our second visit to Biba's and it was wonderful. There were two of us and we split the Sicilian salad which was just perfect...not to big not to small with all fresh ingredients and not swimming in dressing. I ordered the Halibut and I can honestly say I have never had it prepared better...cooked to perfection, flavorful and well presented. My partner ordered the special which was beet raviolis also excellent. Great wine list. I will definitely be back and will tell friends about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOutstandingVIPDined on 9/25/2014Went for a special occasion. Been here many times before with positive experiences. This time was pretty unremarkable. Not as good as it used to be.
- Did they go fishing for the fishMorrisDined on 9/20/2014Sorry but the wait for dinner and no appitizer was a bit much. I decline desert - I did not have 2 hours more to wait. Food was good!
- Biba's SacramentoSacramentoWomanDined on 9/19/2014We were very disappointed with lunch.. My wife's carbonara did not taste good. When she told our waitperson he fluffed it off. When the busser came to pick up her plate he asked if she didn't like it. She said yes and he asked if we told the waiter. She said yes. The waitperson came over and said he could bring her a taste of something else. She said the lasagna. When he brought the bill he had charged us for the lasagna which was the more expensive dish. We were having some family problems and just wanted to go out for lunch,problem free. That is why we didn't complain to management. This was not the first time we have had a problem at Biba's. We will not be returning.
- Lovely food & ambienceLuv2EatDined on 9/19/2014Biba's remains one of the best restaurants in Sacramento's Farm to Fork movement, and with the chef and owner on site, the restaurant hums with excellence. Go soon and go often!Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 9/19/2014We waited a very long for our lasagna which was not even hot - lukewarm at best... very disappointed for such an expensive lunch!Special Features: