Biagio Ristorante and Bar
123 Moody Street
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biagio Ristorante and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biagiowaltham.com/
- Phone: (781) 891-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Late night menu available Thursday, Friday, Saturday until 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kilroy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Biagio offers customized catering options please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Biagio is perfect location for entertaining clients, hosting family parties or celebrating with friends. We work with you to customize a special menu and floor plan that fits your individual party needs. The possibilities are endless so be prepared to make a lasting impression on your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joey or Anthony DiGiacomo 781-891-0100
- Entertainment: Biagio now features live bands as well as DJs on various weekend nights.
A word from Biagio Ristorante and Bar
Biagio Ristorante & Bar specializes in the extraordinary. Modern and traditional elements blend together in a fusion of rich colors creating an inviting and stylish two‐story brick building devoted solely to your night out on the town! Whether it's an elegant dinner in the main dining room, catching the game in style at the bar or a sexy night out with friends in our Plush Lounge, Biagio's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biagio Ristorante and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (34)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Highly recommend for special occasions.enjoyDined on 11/22/2014We were a large group celebrating a special occasion, the service was phenomenal, the food was tasty. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine is overpriced.TheRombauerGuyDined on 11/18/2014The wne list is too expensive. For instance, the 2011 Rombauer Cabernet Savignon is $ 99 but $69 at other fine restaurants. In odert retain my business...and I bring many clientele to The Biagio...and I tip generally in excess of 35%, I will require special consderation whe ordering wine in the future. Last week I brought 8 people to you and put a $225 tip on top of a $789 bill. The service was outstansng as always, but I deserve better treatment when ordering from your wine list. Your staff knows me a The Rombauer Guy...so please do keep this in mind when I return. I will announce myself...as I always do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Everything was very good, the food, the service, our server, and the decor. I hope to be back soon and try the lounge upstairs. Definately a thumbs up from me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a nice atmosphereMikeyDined on 10/28/2014The food was very flavorful with unique specials and the ambiance was very nice. The noise level is a bit on the high side but I still recommend you at least give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a FoodieMaxwellsFanVIPDined on 10/26/2014For all the shortcomings that Biagio has - sloppy wait staff, an indifferent host, a romantic dining room that they put large groups in during slow nights - the food is absolutely outstanding. Consistently outstanding. The salmon is cooked perfectly, the pasta al dente, the wine list interesting, the portion size good...This is definitely a diamond in the rough. The size of the building belies the truth. This is really a fine dining Italian Resterante.Special Features:
- BetsyDined on 10/25/2014Excellent all around: service, food, desserts! And reasonably priced. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- FantasticfullnhappyDined on 10/25/2014I've been eaten at Biagio's a couple of times and have been thrilled every time. This particular night, my girlfriends and I sat at the bar. Frank the bartender not only remembered our names, our family stories but also our favorite cocktails and meals. I've never had a bad meal, bad service nor a bad time. Everyone there has been amazing! If I lived closer, I'd frequent there more often!Special Features:
- Poor management wrecked experienceLeageDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is very attractive. The food was okay ( fish too well done) but the main part of the experience was due to the management/host. We waited a half hour after our reservation, but had a drink. The waitress was very nice. We waited 2 HOURS for our food after listening to a words with the younger owner had with the table next to us after they too, waited 2 hours. They got up and left. We ate but the experience was not pleasant. We will not be back.
- SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014I have to honestly say that food, decor was Amazing and I will be revisiting very soon for their newest bar bites menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in a lovely settingKH41Dined on 10/8/2014Home made pasta noodles in a subtle and rich bolonese sauce made for a memorable lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner for a groupGratefulVIPDined on 10/5/2014I brought a group of 8 for a small celebration. The ambiance was nice, it was not too loud and the restaurant feels cozy. Those of us who got the specials probably had the best meals (Portuguese stew). My son enjoyed his chicken and several people enjoyed their salads, esp. the Caesar salad. The lobster risotto was okay, though I am not a big fan of tomatoes. I would not have ordered it if the waitress mentioned tomatoes. I will go again, as it was a fine evening.Special Features:
- Nice little Italian spotKensBarbieDined on 10/3/2014We chose Biagio based on Trip Advisor rating and recommendation from the hotel staff and were not disappointed. The location is a little off but once inside, it is a very nice little place and the food was quite good. I had a seafood stew which was delicious and absolutely required bread for soaking up the wonderful broth. My husband has the scallops which were beautifully seared and very tasty, but he did switch the chocolate risotto for a more traditional version. My son both had the fig and marscapone ravioli, very rich but again, delicious. The service was great! We will definitely go again when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayJ336Dined on 10/3/2014Enjoyable evening...food was good but nothing was completely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and wineFishfanDined on 9/29/2014It was my second time visiting, and again, I enjoyed the Lobster Ravioli. It was delicious; the homemade and freshness of the dish is outstanding. The client I was with also enjoyed the same dish. He sipped on a glass of Johnny Walker Green. He enjoyed that you still carry it on your shelf. I am not from the area so having outstanding food for the 4x i'm in the area available is comforting. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Food-Horrible Noise & ServiceBlondieVIPDined on 9/27/2014The first floor acoustics are UNBEARABLE. We couldn't hear each other at our table. The noise was so high our ears hurt. The worst I've ever experienced. The food was superb, but it took 1 hr for our order to be served! We weren't given bread until we requested it, and one order was wrong--scallops instead of salmon!!Special Features:
- RobbiRobbiDined on 9/27/2014The food is consistently good. Great atmosphere and decor. The only complaint we have is the noise level. In the bar it's "energetic" but in the dining room it was deafening. We could hardly hear each other! There must be a happy medium for noise level - too little and it's deadly, but too much and it's uncomfortable. Other than that we love this restaurant - a gem!Special Features:
- great upscale ItalianDavidInBostonDined on 9/27/2014Have dined at Biagio several times ... always good! Dining room can get noisy, but that's art of the fun! Food is very good; service is friendly and attentive, even on a busy night. Parking can sometimes be an issue ... and it's very difficult to find tiny driveway, immediately past restaurant building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biagio Restaurant is fantasticLauraDined on 9/27/2014We went to celebrate a birthday. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the food was fantastic. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014We went for a farewell dinner and it was great! Food drink staff and parking were all wonderful!Special Features:
- Earnest, but not excellentCallistoVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our first time dining at Biagio. We were attracted by the interesting menu. We decided to eat in courses that we would share - appetizer, pasta, secondi - as we were both interested in trying the same things. As nice as the waiter was, he did not communicate this key wish to the kitchen staff, so we wound up with a sweet-ish pasta arriving simultaneously with the rather spicy secondi (blackened swordfish). Everyone was indeed very earnest, but the lack of the flow of the service indicated communication was still lacking. The food was good, but not up to its price point. With some attention to refinement, this could be a great place. We are not likely to return for awhile.
- KarenDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our meals and the experience! Everything from the Beef Wellington appetizer to the fig and marscarpone ravioli was delicious.Special Features:
- DeliciousRizriaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Another great meal,are waiter Gerardo was excellent.Special Features:
- Slow serviceMagaliDined on 8/29/2014The service was very slow, we order the fried calamari to share, all the tables have bread but our table nothing. Our server never came to ask if everything was fine for all tree cours meal. It's was only 7 tables with two servers, no service at all. Did not see a manager at all
- 45thDining45thDiningDined on 8/25/2014Extremely expensive with poor food. The room for dining is very poor ambience, with no life happening anywhere. There is no attraction other than the view of the train station across the road. The area with real ambiance is restricted to cigars and drinks. I hope they are selling a lot of drinks up there and out there, because there is no attraction for their food. Next time, rather than eat, we will go and drink and smoke cigars, I guess.
- WNted it tobe goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014But service disappointed. Sarted off stong then sat for 20min after meal ended....surprised after that we ordered dessert.....wanted another15 minutes for the check.
- GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Nice classic interior. We shared Calamari Fritti which was fair could be crispier. I had Jumbo scallops which was great, but the risotto on the side was too sweet. My daughter had Lobster ravioli and chocolatto for dessert which she loved both. My son had Bolognese pasta which he says was above avarage. Overall it was pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- RobbiRobbiDined on 8/12/2014Food & service consistently good, as we'd been there several times in the past. Bar a little loud, but depends on the crowd. Overall most enjoyable and we recommend this local gem to those seeking great atmosphere, food and service. Probably not suitable for small children however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very good, top notch. It was a nice touch for Biagio to sit us himself. The wait staff was extremely accommodating and knowledgeable of the menu. We just moved in down the street from here and will be returning soon and often!Special Features:
- GregDined on 8/5/2014Great food and service. Waiter was spot on with his recommendationsI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 819 reviews are from the Biagio Ristorante and Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Server was a little bland but still nice guy. Food was terrific and creative with nice presentation. We would definitely return. Good Job!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Great food from crispy calamari apps to lobster ravioli and bolognese. Too noisy the night we went, but we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just OKCos4Dined on 7/20/2014Arrived Sunday night around 5pm, were only table for an 1hr. Left about 2 hrs later there was 3 additional parties. Considering the lack of customers we should not have to wait for things, but service was slow. While food is ok, prices are high considering quality & quantity. 2 of our party ordered the Pollo Saltimbocca for $18.95. The waiter asked what type of pasta they wanted with their meal & discovered when presented with the check a $7 upcharge, making their meal $25.95. A 5oz at best Chix breast, piece of prosciutto, cheese & a little pasta. Was not worth it. Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert was more like a microwave week old brownie with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream place on top to bring moisture to the dessert.
- Great neighborhood Italian SpotJosieGDined on 7/19/2014We just love this place. The service is so great. Enough staff to make sure that you have everything you need. They are professional and patient with the guests. The bread and spread that comes first is really good. The wine list is nice - not overwhelming and well priced. We went with a group of 5 and there was plenty of space at the table. And the food never disappoints. From the Chicken parm to the Frutti de mare with loads of mussels, clams scallops and fish - everything is hot, well prepared and yummy. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried it OurselvesNoNickVIPDined on 7/12/2014As new residents of Waltham we hesitated trying Biagio given the mixed reviews. We decided to judge for ourselves last Saturday night, and were pleased that we did. Waiter Jacob was accommodating and pleasant. All of our food choices were very good, sticking to Italian selections as reviews recommended--Bolognese and Saltimboca. The creamed spinach was a tasty addition--even if unneeded given that portions were huge! Our only small complaint was that entrees were delivered with the appetizer and bread plates left on the table. They were promptly removed when we asked. Spinach was lukewarm, but everything else perfect temperature. From this experience we will certainly return, and hope to find equally good food and service in future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Biagios is fast becoming our new favorite, came here with a group of 15 ranging in ages from 10 to 74years old everyone was very pleased with there experience , I had the white chocolate scollops, my mother had a baked stuffed lobster, and my dad had the filet,the family and friends mostly had old classics like chicken par and they were all happy, I would also like to add they have a very unique cocktail menu with many well prepared cocktails.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinnerFoodieDined on 7/10/2014My family and I would like to personally thank, Joey and Rafael for a wonderful evening on the patio, you guys really made our night.Special Features:
- bigdaddyVIPDined on 7/10/2014excellent wine, very fresh food, excellelent waiter and the owner always comes to the table to make sure all is good with the food, etc...the restaurant is a winner for all type of parties!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNanadagVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went early in the evening on a summer weekend and it was relatively quiet but the service was very slow. We were not served bread, my salad was boring, lobster ravioli had little lobster in the pasta. There was, however, an unshelled lobster tail and small claw which was left in the sauce and was very tough. Scallops were ok. Cheesecake was dried out and stale. The overall quality of the service and food has decreased since our last visit. Disappointing!
- Wonderful surpriseFoodieDined on 7/2/2014Great food and service , I got the baked stuff lobster, and my wife ordered the filet, both we're excellent .Special Features:
- Amore at first tasteMaxwellsFanVIPDined on 6/29/2014Biagio has some of the most authentic continental Italian food this side of the pond. The homemade pasta is cooked perfectly, the sauces and proteins seasoned just right and flavor the pasta, not overwhelm it with just the right proportion of sauce to pasta. The meats are also delicious. Maybe you'll find better inside Italy, but within the rest of Europe, Biagio would compete with some of the best. Only two recommendations: 1) keep the menu Italian for everything from antipaste to dolci for desert and 2) feature more Italian wines. There are plenty of decent vino de tavola to please less-discerning tastes. Oh, and a nice chilled pinot nero rose would be great for hot summer evenings on the terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.