Biagio Ristorante and Bar
123 Moody Street
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biagio Ristorante and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biagiowaltham.com/
- Phone: 7818910100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Late night menu available Thursday, Friday, Saturday until 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kilroy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Biagio offers customized catering options please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Biagio is perfect location for entertaining clients, hosting family parties or celebrating with friends. We work with you to customize a special menu and floor plan that fits your individual party needs. The possibilities are endless so be prepared to make a lasting impression on your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joey or Anthony DiGiacomo 781-891-0100
- Entertainment: Biagio now features live bands as well as DJs on various weekend nights.
A word from Biagio Ristorante and Bar
Biagio Ristorante & Bar specializes in the extraordinary. Modern and traditional elements blend together in a fusion of rich colors creating an inviting and stylish two‐story brick building devoted solely to your night out on the town! Whether it's an elegant dinner in the main dining room, catching the game in style at the bar or a sexy night out with friends in our Plush Lounge, Biagio's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biagio Ristorante and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (32)romantic (24)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 45thDiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Extremely expensive with poor food. The room for dining is very poor ambience, with no life happening anywhere. There is no attraction other than the view of the train station across the road. The area with real ambiance is restricted to cigars and drinks. I hope they are selling a lot of drinks up there and out there, because there is no attraction for their food. Next time, rather than eat, we will go and drink and smoke cigars, I guess.
- WNted it tobe goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014But service disappointed. Sarted off stong then sat for 20min after meal ended....surprised after that we ordered dessert.....wanted another15 minutes for the check.
- GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Nice classic interior. We shared Calamari Fritti which was fair could be crispier. I had Jumbo scallops which was great, but the risotto on the side was too sweet. My daughter had Lobster ravioli and chocolatto for dessert which she loved both. My son had Bolognese pasta which he says was above avarage. Overall it was pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- RobbiRobbiDined on 8/12/2014Food & service consistently good, as we'd been there several times in the past. Bar a little loud, but depends on the crowd. Overall most enjoyable and we recommend this local gem to those seeking great atmosphere, food and service. Probably not suitable for small children however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very good, top notch. It was a nice touch for Biagio to sit us himself. The wait staff was extremely accommodating and knowledgeable of the menu. We just moved in down the street from here and will be returning soon and often!Special Features:
- GregDined on 8/5/2014Great food and service. Waiter was spot on with his recommendationsI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Server was a little bland but still nice guy. Food was terrific and creative with nice presentation. We would definitely return. Good Job!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Great food from crispy calamari apps to lobster ravioli and bolognese. Too noisy the night we went, but we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just OKCos4Dined on 7/20/2014Arrived Sunday night around 5pm, were only table for an 1hr. Left about 2 hrs later there was 3 additional parties. Considering the lack of customers we should not have to wait for things, but service was slow. While food is ok, prices are high considering quality & quantity. 2 of our party ordered the Pollo Saltimbocca for $18.95. The waiter asked what type of pasta they wanted with their meal & discovered when presented with the check a $7 upcharge, making their meal $25.95. A 5oz at best Chix breast, piece of prosciutto, cheese & a little pasta. Was not worth it. Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert was more like a microwave week old brownie with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream place on top to bring moisture to the dessert.
- Great neighborhood Italian SpotJosieGDined on 7/19/2014We just love this place. The service is so great. Enough staff to make sure that you have everything you need. They are professional and patient with the guests. The bread and spread that comes first is really good. The wine list is nice - not overwhelming and well priced. We went with a group of 5 and there was plenty of space at the table. And the food never disappoints. From the Chicken parm to the Frutti de mare with loads of mussels, clams scallops and fish - everything is hot, well prepared and yummy. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried it OurselvesNoNickVIPDined on 7/12/2014As new residents of Waltham we hesitated trying Biagio given the mixed reviews. We decided to judge for ourselves last Saturday night, and were pleased that we did. Waiter Jacob was accommodating and pleasant. All of our food choices were very good, sticking to Italian selections as reviews recommended--Bolognese and Saltimboca. The creamed spinach was a tasty addition--even if unneeded given that portions were huge! Our only small complaint was that entrees were delivered with the appetizer and bread plates left on the table. They were promptly removed when we asked. Spinach was lukewarm, but everything else perfect temperature. From this experience we will certainly return, and hope to find equally good food and service in future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Biagios is fast becoming our new favorite, came here with a group of 15 ranging in ages from 10 to 74years old everyone was very pleased with there experience , I had the white chocolate scollops, my mother had a baked stuffed lobster, and my dad had the filet,the family and friends mostly had old classics like chicken par and they were all happy, I would also like to add they have a very unique cocktail menu with many well prepared cocktails.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinnerFoodieDined on 7/10/2014My family and I would like to personally thank, Joey and Rafael for a wonderful evening on the patio, you guys really made our night.Special Features:
- bigdaddyDined on 7/10/2014excellent wine, very fresh food, excellelent waiter and the owner always comes to the table to make sure all is good with the food, etc...the restaurant is a winner for all type of parties!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We went early in the evening on a summer weekend and it was relatively quiet but the service was very slow. We were not served bread, my salad was boring, lobster ravioli had little lobster in the pasta. There was, however, an unshelled lobster tail and small claw which was left in the sauce and was very tough. Scallops were ok. Cheesecake was dried out and stale. The overall quality of the service and food has decreased since our last visit. Disappointing!
- Wonderful surpriseFoodieDined on 7/2/2014Great food and service , I got the baked stuff lobster, and my wife ordered the filet, both we're excellent .Special Features:
- Amore at first tasteMaxwellsFanVIPDined on 6/29/2014Biagio has some of the most authentic continental Italian food this side of the pond. The homemade pasta is cooked perfectly, the sauces and proteins seasoned just right and flavor the pasta, not overwhelm it with just the right proportion of sauce to pasta. The meats are also delicious. Maybe you'll find better inside Italy, but within the rest of Europe, Biagio would compete with some of the best. Only two recommendations: 1) keep the menu Italian for everything from antipaste to dolci for desert and 2) feature more Italian wines. There are plenty of decent vino de tavola to please less-discerning tastes. Oh, and a nice chilled pinot nero rose would be great for hot summer evenings on the terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodie989Dined on 6/28/2014I initially had high hopes for this place. Unfortunately the experience was disappointing. Our eggplant appetizer came cold and the white chocolate risotto, which sounded delicious, was awful. The food came way too quickly, making us feel like it had just been sitting back there. The service was just okay as well. We had to get our own menus from a neighboring table.
- DO NOT GO IN THE SUMMERjsg1VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was good, but the noise from the street and the trains were beyond the highest decibel rating we have heard. They keep the front windows open and all the traffic and motorcycles go up and down Moody Street all evening. We were sitting toward the rear of the restaurant and could not hear each other. Will wait until cold or rainy weather to return.
- soooooo goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014Everything was just perfect. We loved the pear salad. Subbed parm for the gorgonzolla and it was yummy. Next time we each want our own!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayElaineDined on 6/15/2014We went for lunch for Father's Day. Appetizers were unbelievable, especially the Rhose Thailand calamari. The wine and food were lovely. Went to the bar to watch World Cup and enjoy after dinner drinks. Waitstaff, host, and bartender made us feel like we were family!Special Features:
- What are they talking about?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014I read several reviews of Biagio complaining about service, noise level, quality, and price. I don't know what restaurant they were at , but it wasn't this one. I found the service to be excellent. Our waiter made many suggestions and demonstrated his knowledge of the menu and wine list. While the brick walls made the noise level moderately high, it just seemed to me that the patrons were enjoying the experience. Everyone in our party of four thoroughly enjoyed their meals and I, who never leaves anything on my plate, even had enough left to bring home. The veal special was just spectacular and wine was excellent. As far as price, I found it to be very reasonable. I will definitely return to Biagio and recommend you do too.Special Features:
- Great food but slow serviceMetroWestSusanDined on 6/13/2014I met a friend for dinner at Biagio's on a Friday night. The restaurant was about half full. Unfortunately it was raining so we didn't get to go on the roof top patio which looked very nice. The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly however service was a bit slow. We didn't mind too much since we weren't in a rush. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- food and ambiance wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2014Food abd ambiance wonderful. The service was sub par. The waiters helper was better than the very nice but not so great waiter. Still we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014While we had a very nice table by the window, we chose the restaurant as a place to be able to eat outside and were told when we arrived the deck wasn't open for lunch. That was not mentioned to me when I spoke with the hostess on the phone two days earlier. Lunch was delicious but we were disappointed that we couldn't sit outside on such a beautiful day.Special Features:
- Italian Gem!Bottomline222VIPDined on 5/29/2014After dining all over Italy for years the I could happily recommend the food here to my Italian friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo chefRizriaVIPDined on 5/25/2014My friend and I both ordered the blackened swordfish and shared a filet we both agreed this was one of the best meals, we had in a long time.Special Features:
- Slow & ExpensiveHdhejVIPDined on 5/21/2014Went for lunch and the service was very slow. The price is very expensive as well, but the food was good. There are so many italian places in the area that this is low on my list.
- Wonderful Find!LcmazzitDined on 5/20/2014Picked this restaurant one night from list on the web. It is a very quaint, wonderful place with a great bar and equally good food! I had the lobster ravioli which was excellent and the calamari as a starter were perfect! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- great graduation and family nightwheretoeatDined on 5/18/2014What a wonderful restaurant right in the middle of Waltham! Perfect, generous proportions. Fantastic pear, gorgonzola salad. Excellent, unusual walnut and gorgonzola ravioli. Exquisite sauces on all the dishes. Great options for family style vegetable dishes. Eggplant rollatini (?) appetizer is 100% authentic. Atmosphere is excellent. We were in for a graduation celebration but it would be lovely for a night out for 2 as well. Looked like a terrific bar too. Has an old world feel - charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pluses and MinusesanonymousDined on 5/18/2014The restaurant interior is lovely and the food overall was good. We went for a post-graduation luncheon, and had looked online at the lunch menus, but when we arrived were given the dinner menus. Everything was much more expensive than we had been led to believe by the information on the web. They were also out of several items. Our server was very pushy and felt more like a salesman, trying to push drinks and expensive appetizers. His tone was borderline offensive. We had a good meal, but it could have been great.
- Awesome!FoodieDined on 5/16/2014A great dining experience! From the service to the wonderful food the evening was complete. Couldn't have asked for a better meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal chopBrunoDined on 5/13/2014Came after work with co workers,everyone was raving about there dishes especially me ,my entree was the special of the night bone in veal chop,I knew biagios was going to be good the moment we were greeted bye the host , he welcome us like old friends.service was also spot on very friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and daughter here for Mother's Day. The food was very good. The service was eexcellent. The prices were a bit high but I expected that before I made my reservation. I was very satisfied.Special Features:
- Love the foodLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed the pear and Gorgonzola salad as well as the scallops. Have been to Biagios a number of times and the food is always great. Server was attentive as usual. When the restaurant is crowded, it can be noisy, but still love it.Special Features:
- overall excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014The special for the day was a prime rib - it was a very rough piece of meat and it could not be eaten so it was sent back. The waitress was very accomodating and offered to bring something else and removed the item off the bill. Great experienceSpecial Features:
- spouse's birthdayShelTVIPDined on 5/10/2014Very good server. Food is good & well-prepared. A bit pricey, especially side of pasta. Menu choices a bit limited. Beet salad & Caesar salad were very good, particularly the latter, which used quality cheese and a delicious dressing. Chicken saltimbocca was tasty, though a tad tough. Spouse said her swordfish steak was very good. Nice sauvignon blanc served with a chiller. Good coffee & decaf cappucino. Server brought complimentary limoncello when I told her it was my wife's birthday, which was nice. However, I had noted the occasion in my Open Table reservation & neither the hostess nor server otherwise noted it. This happens too often. Restaurants, if you accept OT reservations, read them.
- our experiencethequartetDined on 5/10/2014We are not sure if we will go back to the restaurant. Some of the dishes were good but others were not remarkable, The waitress was not really knowledgeable about the different dishes and we had to ask twice for the prices of the "specials" Too expensive for the quality of the food
- The following 786 reviews are from the Biagio Ristorante and Bar reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceGoodeatsDined on 4/26/2014The service was excellent. Definitely not a romantic or intimate atmosphere, but nice nonetheless. The Capiacola ravioliswere delicious bThe Pappardelle Bolognese was also good, but not what I was expecting. I thought it would have had more of a tomato tasting sauce, but reminded me more of beef stew. The. meat was very tender and tasty. The salads are quite large. I would share one as an appetizer. The prices are comparable to the North End. I would recommend Biagio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly Delicious - Scrumptious!ElegantfareDined on 4/26/2014The food at Biagio's was amazing. We started with an appetizer of calamari, shrimp, ravioli and mozzarella. Each was mouth-watering. Our waiter was attentive. He made sure we had our round of drinks. He also recommended what to pair with our entrees. We each chose a different entree, but every one if us was pleased with our respective selection. Between the scallops, baked haddock special or the fruitti do mare, we were all delighted. The taste of each awakened our senses, even as leftovers. The portions were more than adequate. The price was a little steep, but well worth the flavorful taste. The dessert and check were both slow to arrive, as the restaurant became busy, but we would all go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.