Biaggi's - Champaign
2235 S Neil Street
Champaign, IL 61820Neighborhood:
Champaign / Monticello
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biaggi's - Champaign
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biaggis.com/
- Phone: (217) 356-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Zaranski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it’s a rehearsal dinner, business meeting, family reunion, or other important occasion, let Biaggi’s cater to you!
We offer the perfect combination of authentic Italian food, distinctive ambiance and affordable pricing to make any gathering an event to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: Biaggi's has private room options for a variety of occasions to accommodate up to 100 guests. Whether you prefer a reception format, buffet or any number of table configurations, our event coordinator will be happy to help you determine what best fits your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Benzel, Event Coordinator 2173564300x
A word from Biaggi's - Champaign
Biaggi’s is a casual, Italian restaurant offering large portions of affordably-priced pastas, soups & salads, pizza, seafood, steaks and desserts in a comfortable, relaxing environment.Continued
Interested in placing an order for carry-out? Ask about our curbside service.
Interested in placing an order for carry-out? Ask about our curbside service.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Biaggi's - Champaign - Best Restaurants in Champaign / Monticello ›
Biaggi's - Champaign reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (31)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (16)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I reserved a dinner for my wife and I to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. I was well pleased by the staff the service they provided for us. We definitely enjoyed the entry leading up to the the bill. The scenery, atmosphere, and venue was phenomenal. A huge thank you to Jason (forgive me if the name is incorrect) and Nikki for their superb service. They illustrated what ever customer dining should receive. Again, thank you for the time and service. My wife and I plan to come again. I will highly recommend this establishment to my colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and serviceEASYDined on 11/8/2014The food quality is excellent and the service is old fashioned. Prices are reasonable except for the desserts, which are, in my opinion, overpriced. My family is pleased to have a great restaurant close by home with an elegant atmostphere.Special Features:
- AmazingLuv2eatDined on 11/8/2014This was my first time dining at Biaggi's. My boyfriend was visiting me from out of town, and this was our special night out. The food and service were absolutely amazing. This ended up being one of our favorite parts of our weekend together. I'm really happy Biaggi's could provide such an amazing night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service is always very goodHawaiianTravelerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Biaggi's in Champaign is one of our favs! I take my daughter here each time I visit her at the University of Illinois. We got the Lobster Fettucini whaich was excelent. We also got the caprese salad and split a pumpkin creme brulee - both were quite tasty. We always receive consistently good service and very good food.Special Features:
- great as alwaysemptynest2Dined on 10/30/2014The food is wonderful, the service is quick and knowledgeable, and the atmosphere is relaxed. It's an hour away but it's our go-to for special occasions.Special Features:
- Exceptional servicerantruDined on 10/24/2014Our server was very attentive. A mistake was made on our salad order but it was the dinner portion instead of the dinner salad and it was not charged on the invoice. Overall it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014we go once each year at homecoming and love it EVERY time!Special Features:
- Great service and great pasta!RosaeeDined on 10/24/2014We had great service here and the food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodEateateatDined on 10/18/2014All of us were happy with our fish selections. My cod was tender atop a bed of cauliflower sauce. I ordered the cod to try the sauce. It could have a tad more flavor. It was pretty bland, but the texture of the cod was perfect. The white chocolate bread pudding is luscious! Service is superb, well trained with plenty of help. When I stopped for a waiter with an armload of dishes, he politely stopped and asked me to cross in front of hm. Everyone seems happy to be working.Special Features:
- First dateBgoinDined on 10/12/2014I took a girl there for our first date, and the experience was perfect. They gave us enough time to talk over appetizers they a short wait for our meal. It was enough time for us to talk and get to know each other. The food was delicious and we were both impressed with the professionalism of the wait staff and the the look of the restaurant. I would definitely go back and the prices weren't too outrageous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is the hallmark.ScottVIPDined on 10/9/2014Biaggi's delivers satisfaction with consistent food quality and superb service. I am particularly enamored with their new buratta Caprese salad.Special Features:
- Look Forward to our Next Visit!ESweeneyDined on 10/4/2014Very comfortable environs and nice ambiance. We were celebrating a family birthday and the restaurant was very accommodating in allowing us to bring in a special bottle of wine, with no corkage charge (applies only to wines NOT on their wine list, but even then, its only $10 charge). Our waiter (Michael) was very attentive, but not overly so. The food was very good and nicely presented. We will make this a regular choice while our daughter is still a student at UIUC.Special Features:
- Nice First VisitMIDWESTWOMANDined on 9/20/2014We had read about Biaggi's on the Internet. The personnel was friendly. Our server was energetic and efficient. The food was plentiful and flavorful. Good first visit. Would return and recommend.Special Features:
- Biaggi's Always Comes Through!HawaiianTravelerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Whether I dine here at the Champaign location or the Bloomington-Normal location or even the Bettendorf location, I can always count on good food and excellent service. My daughter and I had a great meal at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- It's our Cheers!biaggifanDined on 9/19/2014Biaggi's is our favorite restaurant in town and our go to place. We know many of the staff, know the menu by heart and always have a good meal. Also use Biaggi's back room as a venue for company events. Always a popular location with groups.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceCarman754Dined on 9/12/2014Went on a Friday night so the place was very busy but the service was outstanding with a very friendly server as well as the support help making sure we were satisfied, we were seated right at our reservation time and food was brought out at the right intervals, hadn't been here in a couple years because I thought the service had slipped and for the price wasn't acceptable but they have fixed that and I will return again soon.Special Features:
- yumyummersDined on 9/11/2014Love, love, love, the goat cheese, beet and arugula salad. Butternut squash ravioli is outstanding, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseEASYDined on 9/10/2014We wanted to go someplace nice for our daughters 20th birthday. Not just Chile's or Applebee's type place. Biaggi's was a pleasant surprise. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and good service.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurantjer9714Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant was awesome! The reservation was for my girlfriend and I which we are both in electric wheelchairs. We needed extra space so that I could move to feed my girlfriend. The restaurant was very accommodating with that. The waitress was very nice and willing to help us with anything we needed! I would highly recommend this restaurant!!! The food was excellent! The wine was very good as well!Special Features:
- good meal/love the patioBingoDined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the evening was great so sat outside. Inside is very noisy but the patio is lovely. The service was just OK. Probably the poorest we have had during any of our Biaggi visits. The table wobbled a great deal and took some time to make an effort to fix it, and then didn't completely do so but it was better. Didn't return for drinks...had to ask. Didn't share any specials. Didn't ask if a special occasion, so we didn't mention it. Our bill was incorrect, overcharged on items we didn't order. But the meals were both very good. Would still go back. May have been a new waiter, or he just was having a bad day, but it was surprising to be so poor compared to what we usually have when dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningLovesfoodDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed again a lovely evening with great food and service. The chicken Parmesan was excellent. Our waiter was very informative and attentive. The noise level is the only downside of eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerdboyjamesDined on 9/4/2014We go there often, but last Thursday was a disappointment. My wife's dinner order was cancelled after 20 minutes for lack of an ingredient. They then charged us full price for her replacement and had to delay my dinner for 20 minutes while they cooked hers, leaving mine dried out. No apology from Mgt.Special Features:
- Fair at bestSheridanDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful, the food and service needs work!
- Gluten sensitive, great serviceLiz1Dined on 8/30/2014They are trained on allergy sensitivity. When someone slipped up they made it right and came out to apologize.Special Features:
- Always love itLasagnaloverDined on 8/23/2014I go to biaggis a lot and it's always my favorite when I'm back to school!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's is in Happiness BusinessScottVIPDined on 8/17/2014Biaggi's delivers consistent quality food and service. Other than the noise level in the main dining room, it is the ideal spot to enjoy a meal with friends. I love the new presentation of their Caprese salad.Special Features:
- Good Food Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had not eaten here in several years. The food is good and is priced about $10 per entre less than the restaurants we typically frequent. On the one hand, this makes this restaurant a comparative bargain. However for our taste, it was a disappointment.
- DCCCDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed great service. 'Had a corner booth waiting for us when we arrived, and loved the variety/new items in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicexyzxyzDined on 8/15/2014Tonight's visit was definitely sub-par. We didn't get an initial visit from a server until quite some time had passed, which set the theme for the entire visit. Usually, there is bread served as an appetizer --- which they were out of. Eventually, we did get served some bread, as the meal started. The entree was served rather late, and then the bill came late. Late, late, late...
- Great date!MimibugDined on 8/15/2014Food is a step above the standard Italian menu found everywhere. Wait staff is outstanding and food is wonderful. I also love the ambiance and that the restaurant is not so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.GregVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every lunch or dinner is always perfect. We have tried a wide variety from the menu, and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great night!Mac1913Dined on 8/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Biaggi's: food was served at the right temperature, wait staff were attentive, and the smaller portions for a reduced cost were a very welcome find!Special Features:
- First time at Biaggi's ChampaignJimDVIPDined on 8/4/2014Been to other Biaggi's but first time at this location. Restaurant seemed busy and food seemed to take a while to be prepared and served.Special Features:
- PatchDined on 8/1/2014The food just wasn't good. I ordered risotto and it tasted like brown rice - no flavor. We also had lasagna at the table and it wasn't as good as a frozen dinner. Service was great, people were friendly. Food was not good.Special Features:
- Perfect for Date NightTermiNatetor828Dined on 8/1/2014A had a friend from Finland visiting this past week. I took her out on a date to Biaggi's and then to the theatre to see a local performance. I hadn't been to Biaggi's in quite a few years, so I was very unprepared of what to expect. Our server was very personable and explained all our menu item questions. The room was elegant, but not too formal. A perfect blend of elegance and casual. Perfect for a date night or a special event.Special Features:
- Not as good as normalsomebodyDined on 7/29/2014Normally, Biaggi's is pretty good. This time just wasn't quite as good. The service was a little slower than expected (in actuality, it was extremely slow, but we have kids, and are pretty much always subjected to worse service because of this at many restaurants, and there were two tables of older women getting the majority of our waitress's attention and bouncing out of their seats blocking the way more than our pre-schooler). I tried something new (baked ziti) and I wasn't as fond of it. It was a smaller portion, and not as tasty as the tutto di mare I usually get. This isn't going to turn me off from going there, as normally the experience is very good. Just not this time.Special Features:
- The following 529 reviews are from the Biaggi's - Champaign reviews archive.
- great!glutenhaterDined on 7/22/2014They have a gluten free menu and the quality of the food is niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationSandkingDined on 7/16/2014We had the seared scallops risotto which was excellent; pretty large portion as my husband and I split it. Also tried the Parma and Peaches appetizer which was also very good. Definately will be back. Oh, also got the white chocolate bread pudding to go; one of my favs!Special Features:
- Pasta nightluv2dineVIPDined on 7/15/2014Happened to be at Biaggi's during their pasta night promotion. The price is really good for the signature pasta they offer. The food is fresh and very tasty, as usual. Biaggi always does an excellent job on seafood!Special Features:
- pasta nightluv2dineVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were at the first pasta night of the month. The house was full. The food is tasty as usual, with a good discount. The place is more crowded than usual though, and a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.