Biaggi's - Champaign
2235 S Neil Street
Champaign, IL 61820Neighborhood:
Champaign / Monticello
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biaggi's - Champaign
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biaggis.com/
- Phone: 2173564300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Zaranski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it’s a rehearsal dinner, business meeting, family reunion, or other important occasion, let Biaggi’s cater to you!
We offer the perfect combination of authentic Italian food, distinctive ambiance and affordable pricing to make any gathering an event to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: Biaggi's has private room options for a variety of occasions to accommodate up to 100 guests. Whether you prefer a reception format, buffet or any number of table configurations, our event coordinator will be happy to help you determine what best fits your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Benzel, Event Coordinator 2173564300x
A word from Biaggi's - Champaign
Biaggi’s is a casual, Italian restaurant offering large portions of affordably-priced pastas, soups & salads, pizza, seafood, steaks and desserts in a comfortable, relaxing environment.Continued
Interested in placing an order for carry-out? Ask about our curbside service.
Interested in placing an order for carry-out? Ask about our curbside service.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Biaggi's - Champaign - Best Restaurants in Champaign / Monticello ›
Biaggi's - Champaign reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great dining experienceCarman754Dined on 9/12/2014Went on a Friday night so the place was very busy but the service was outstanding with a very friendly server as well as the support help making sure we were satisfied, we were seated right at our reservation time and food was brought out at the right intervals, hadn't been here in a couple years because I thought the service had slipped and for the price wasn't acceptable but they have fixed that and I will return again soon.Special Features:
- yumyummersDined on 9/11/2014Love, love, love, the goat cheese, beet and arugula salad. Butternut squash ravioli is outstanding, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseEASYDined on 9/10/2014We wanted to go someplace nice for our daughters 20th birthday. Not just Chile's or Applebee's type place. Biaggi's was a pleasant surprise. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and good service.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurantjer9714Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant was awesome! The reservation was for my girlfriend and I which we are both in electric wheelchairs. We needed extra space so that I could move to feed my girlfriend. The restaurant was very accommodating with that. The waitress was very nice and willing to help us with anything we needed! I would highly recommend this restaurant!!! The food was excellent! The wine was very good as well!Special Features:
- good meal/love the patioBingoDined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the evening was great so sat outside. Inside is very noisy but the patio is lovely. The service was just OK. Probably the poorest we have had during any of our Biaggi visits. The table wobbled a great deal and took some time to make an effort to fix it, and then didn't completely do so but it was better. Didn't return for drinks...had to ask. Didn't share any specials. Didn't ask if a special occasion, so we didn't mention it. Our bill was incorrect, overcharged on items we didn't order. But the meals were both very good. Would still go back. May have been a new waiter, or he just was having a bad day, but it was surprising to be so poor compared to what we usually have when dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningLovesfoodDined on 9/4/2014We enjoyed again a lovely evening with great food and service. The chicken Parmesan was excellent. Our waiter was very informative and attentive. The noise level is the only downside of eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerdboyjamesDined on 9/4/2014We go there often, but last Thursday was a disappointment. My wife's dinner order was cancelled after 20 minutes for lack of an ingredient. They then charged us full price for her replacement and had to delay my dinner for 20 minutes while they cooked hers, leaving mine dried out. No apology from Mgt.Special Features:
- Fair at bestSheridanDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful, the food and service needs work!
- Gluten sensitive, great serviceLiz1Dined on 8/30/2014They are trained on allergy sensitivity. When someone slipped up they made it right and came out to apologize.Special Features:
- Always love itLasagnaloverDined on 8/23/2014I go to biaggis a lot and it's always my favorite when I'm back to school!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's is in Happiness BusinessScottVIPDined on 8/17/2014Biaggi's delivers consistent quality food and service. Other than the noise level in the main dining room, it is the ideal spot to enjoy a meal with friends. I love the new presentation of their Caprese salad.Special Features:
- Good Food Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014We had not eaten here in several years. The food is good and is priced about $10 per entre less than the restaurants we typically frequent. On the one hand, this makes this restaurant a comparative bargain. However for our taste, it was a disappointment.
- DCCCDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed great service. 'Had a corner booth waiting for us when we arrived, and loved the variety/new items in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicexyzxyzDined on 8/15/2014Tonight's visit was definitely sub-par. We didn't get an initial visit from a server until quite some time had passed, which set the theme for the entire visit. Usually, there is bread served as an appetizer --- which they were out of. Eventually, we did get served some bread, as the meal started. The entree was served rather late, and then the bill came late. Late, late, late...
- Great date!MimibugDined on 8/15/2014Food is a step above the standard Italian menu found everywhere. Wait staff is outstanding and food is wonderful. I also love the ambiance and that the restaurant is not so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.GregVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every lunch or dinner is always perfect. We have tried a wide variety from the menu, and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great night!Mac1913Dined on 8/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Biaggi's: food was served at the right temperature, wait staff were attentive, and the smaller portions for a reduced cost were a very welcome find!Special Features:
- First time at Biaggi's ChampaignJimDVIPDined on 8/4/2014Been to other Biaggi's but first time at this location. Restaurant seemed busy and food seemed to take a while to be prepared and served.Special Features:
- PatchDined on 8/1/2014The food just wasn't good. I ordered risotto and it tasted like brown rice - no flavor. We also had lasagna at the table and it wasn't as good as a frozen dinner. Service was great, people were friendly. Food was not good.Special Features:
- Perfect for Date NightTermiNatetor828Dined on 8/1/2014A had a friend from Finland visiting this past week. I took her out on a date to Biaggi's and then to the theatre to see a local performance. I hadn't been to Biaggi's in quite a few years, so I was very unprepared of what to expect. Our server was very personable and explained all our menu item questions. The room was elegant, but not too formal. A perfect blend of elegance and casual. Perfect for a date night or a special event.Special Features:
- Not as good as normalsomebodyDined on 7/29/2014Normally, Biaggi's is pretty good. This time just wasn't quite as good. The service was a little slower than expected (in actuality, it was extremely slow, but we have kids, and are pretty much always subjected to worse service because of this at many restaurants, and there were two tables of older women getting the majority of our waitress's attention and bouncing out of their seats blocking the way more than our pre-schooler). I tried something new (baked ziti) and I wasn't as fond of it. It was a smaller portion, and not as tasty as the tutto di mare I usually get. This isn't going to turn me off from going there, as normally the experience is very good. Just not this time.Special Features:
- great!glutenhaterDined on 7/22/2014They have a gluten free menu and the quality of the food is niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationSandkingDined on 7/16/2014We had the seared scallops risotto which was excellent; pretty large portion as my husband and I split it. Also tried the Parma and Peaches appetizer which was also very good. Definately will be back. Oh, also got the white chocolate bread pudding to go; one of my favs!Special Features:
- Pasta nightluv2dineVIPDined on 7/15/2014Happened to be at Biaggi's during their pasta night promotion. The price is really good for the signature pasta they offer. The food is fresh and very tasty, as usual. Biaggi always does an excellent job on seafood!Special Features:
- pasta nightluv2dineVIPDined on 7/1/2014We were at the first pasta night of the month. The house was full. The food is tasty as usual, with a good discount. The place is more crowded than usual though, and a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shame on You!ToobadsosadDined on 6/26/2014I went here earlier in the week and it was OK. I planned to repeat on Sunday and they cancelled my reservation the afternoon of my visit. No explanation. No call. No suggestion of an alternate time. The evening before I had dined at bacaro's in Champaign. It is an superb fine dining restaurant that I can unconditionally recommend.
- Great gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014We were visiting relatives in Urbana and needed to find gluten free options for a person with Celiac disease. The offering was extensive, the kitchen and staff knowledgable and the food excellent. Often gluten free is bland, but Biaggi's used good ingredients and brought forward lots of flavor. We went back the next day. Pizza was "the best" gluten free that we have found in quite a while. Strong recommendation. The non-GF food was also good. Big cups of good coffee and great desserts too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCapSeriousDined on 6/12/2014Evening started with Great Martinis by Sid... extremely competent service by Sid and quality Spaghetti and Meatballs! Incredible Bread Pudding finished the experience! Sid and Kyle may be two of the best Waitstaff in Champaign-Urbana!Special Features:
- LovesfoodDined on 6/6/2014Food is always excellent - as is the service!! We had the Mediterranean salad, scallops and; tomato soup and chicken ParmesanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouranos1957Dined on 5/30/2014The server was fantastic - just the right balance between giving us the attention we needed without being obnoxious. The food was good, but, my particular dish (Penne Sardi) was dry and a bit bland. The appetizer (mushrooms stuffed with sausage) again was good, but not outstanding. The sausage was tasteless. The corn chowder was very good as was the bread. I would return. My wife very much enjoyed her entrée (Ravioli Quattro Formaggi).Special Features:
- Love to sit outside :)THDH96Dined on 5/28/2014I love sitting on their outside patio. The service and food are amazing and the outside patio is wonderful for dining outside.Special Features:
- Good place for allergiesGFDinerDined on 5/22/2014My daughter and I have a number of food allergies and Biaggi's always does a great job accommodating us with tasty food!Special Features:
- The following 518 reviews are from the Biaggi's - Champaign reviews archive.
- Great Graduation Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/17/2014I made the reservation at Biaggi's not knowing what to expect. We were all so pleasantly surprised by the excellent food, wine, martinis and exemplary service. I was not aware that Biaggi's was a chain until I saw the back of the menu. The food was certainly not anything resembing a chain restaurant, but was good quality italian (down to the ink pasta with lobster cream sauce). I would absolute not hesitate to go to Biaggi's again or recommend for an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Graduates - 3 HoursmapcalvertDined on 5/17/2014Let me start by saying I am a fan of Biaggi's. Our reservation was at 7:30. We were seated at 7:35 in a booth for 4 people in the very corner of the main dining room. We ordered 2 apps (30 min), 3 small salads and 1 bowl of soup (50 min), 4 main dishes (2 hrs sit time), and 4 desserts, along with a bottle of Meiomi Pinor Noir and 2 Grey Goose Martinis, and 2 cappuccinos and coffee (that arrived when we were halfway done with our dessert). Our bill was around $200. We didn't leave the restaurant until 10:15. Waited 90 mins for entrees. Watched tables of 8 people sit down and leave before us. Never saw a manager, and got nothing but apologies from our server for the wait times when he remembered to stop by. Happy Graduation to us?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Food is always delicious! Gluten free menu, willing to make dietary modifications. Service always good. Go back every time I'm in Champaign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everyone was so friendly, we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable failingSeflorixDined on 5/8/2014So the restaurant was great, but they didn't have a reservation for us when we showed up 5 minutes early. I had to pull up my confirmation email on my phone from OpenTable to get them to seat us. Even so, if we had been a party of more than 2, we probably would not have been seated. So don't rely on OpenTable - call ahead to confirm the restaurant got the reservation.
- everything was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/4/2014the food is good. not the best italian i have had but good. the prices were reasonable. and the atmosphere is alright. nothing bad. nothing great but good is the best way i could describe it. the service was very good.Special Features:
- Service is a problemFrequentDinerVIPDined on 4/29/2014Have had really poor service on 3 different occasions. Sitting at the table for a really long time before even being acknowledged by wait staff, waiting a very long time to get drinks, etc. Wait staff disappears for a long period of time or runs by without making eye contact. I was a waiter in college, so I am typically forgiving if it is a one time issue (short staffed, off night). They need to hire more servers or invest in some training. Food is OK, but has arrived cold or overcooked on several occasions. The service has to dramatically improve before I would return.Special Features:
- ThirstyVIPDined on 4/26/2014A little loud on Prom night! Food was good! Just too much going on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.