Biaggi's - Bloomington
1501 North Veterans Parkway
Bloomington, IL 61704Neighborhood:
Bloomington / Normal
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biaggi's - Bloomington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biaggis.com/
- Phone: 3096618322
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday; 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Troy Tomlinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it’s a rehearsal dinner, business meeting, family reunion, or other important occasion, let Biaggi’s cater to you! We offer the perfect combination of authentic Italian food, distinctive ambiance and affordable pricing to make any gathering an event to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: Biaggi's has private room options for a variety of occasions to accommodate up to 100 guests. Whether you prefer a reception format, buffet or any number of table configurations, our event coordinator will be happy to help you determine what best fits your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Lager 3096618322
A word from Biaggi's - Bloomington
Biaggi's - Bloomington offers authentic Italian cuisine prepared fresh daily and affordably priced.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Biaggi's - Bloomington - Best Restaurants in Bloomington / Normal ›
Biaggi's - Bloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)good for groups (62)great for lunch (47)fit for foodies (44)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (16)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (9)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Always enjoy dining at Biaggis. It's a little pricey for frequent stops. So, we make it a special occasion destination. The menu has a good variety and the main dishes never disappoint. The service has always been friendly and efficient with knowledgeable attendants. I would recommends is restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleared table too soonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The wait staff swooped down on the table while some in our party were still eating. The staff took silverware, plates, etc. and created an awkward situation for those still eating.Special Features:
- Biaggi's Best in Central IllinoisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Still hard to believe that this is a chain. Boy do they know what they are doing. Trained servers, really good food and specials that make frequent customers always eager to see what's new. Great sauces, all things well-prepared. They do everything right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!frquentdnr123Dined on 10/17/2014Lunch for work was great. Quick, friendly service and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- Best Wait StaffRogybearDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was AWESOME... New the menu, new the answers mot questions, very well prepared to make our dinning experience an A+..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed the entire dinner sitting. Very friendly waiters, hostesses, bar tenders. Will definitely go again.....Special Features:
- FavoriteLetseatoutDined on 10/3/2014Biaggi's has become one of my favorite places to dine! Their gluten free menu never fails. Their service is always top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Nice place to meet friends & family. We prefer sitting in the bar area, a bit more intimate. I enjoy the food, wine and décor, the biggest drawback at Biaggi's is the noise level, noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Met for lunch with a friend. We hadn't seen each other for many years so we knew we'd be at our table for quite some time. Although we compensated our server well, we felt welcome to stay as long as we wished. He was very attentive without being overbearing. Our lunch was delicious and the tab reasonable.Special Features:
- "Interesting" ExperienceGeorgeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were surprised to find an Open Table restaurant in Bloomington, IL, though we suspected that that might be due to the presence of the university. We were there on a Saturday night, and the place was packed and quite loud--so loud, in fact, that it was difficult to hear what our server said to us. My wife was quite pleased with her Tortellini, but my spaghetti and meatballs (which I ordered since it's an Italian restaurant--duh!) were disappointing. The meatballs were dry, as in over-cooked, and there was very little marinara sauce to accompany the incredibly large serving of pasta. Overall, rather disappointing unless you like large, noisy restaurants that seem to cater to large groups.Special Features:
- Mostly an excellent experienceReservata2Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent menu, excellent food preparation and presentation, superb service, lovely restaurant. The only downside was the horrendous noise level, which eventually began to be punishing, and made it difficult to concentrate on the food, let alone the atmosphere. I will put a more complete review on trip advisor soon. These comments were solicited by, and intended for, Open Table. (The hostess seemed to have a difficult time identifying my reservation made through Open Table [linked from Trip Advisor], but there was no problem being seated immediately.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningNickDined on 9/19/2014It was a great evening for my wife and I. The food was fantastic as it usually is. The place was quite busy and very loud, but our waitress and the other wait staff did a great job on keeping us served. We did have a few issues with the bill, but those were quickly resolved without any arguments. This is my wife and I's favorite restaurant in town to go to for a special dinner.Special Features:
- High class!!KlrobbinsDined on 9/19/2014we love Biaggi's when we want a high quality high class meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's - BloomingtonDiningDivaDined on 9/13/2014My family of four ate at Biaggi's in Bloomington Illinois this weekend. I made reservations since it was close to ISU and it was parents weekend. We definitely needed the reservations since it was booked up. We couldn't sit down until 6:15, our reservation time, even though there were plenty of open tables. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and professional. Our food did take awhile to come but, it was ok. We were not rushed. The food we ordered was good but, not great. Food was just warm, not hot . It took long so we didn't send it back to be microwaved warmer. There wasn't , to our knowledge, a lot of nicer restaurants to pick from and this worked out fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and great foodCathyDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the food and the meal was priced just right. Our service was good and we enjoyed their homemade foccacia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to Find But Good To Eat!ZippyDined on 9/13/2014Visiting our son at the University nearby, Biaggi's was a good choice in a city we really didn't know. The restaurant is very visible from Memorial Drive but extremely, I mean extremely hard to get to. First there's no entrance from the main road. You must enter the parking area from the rear but only from the west side. Getting in and out is terrible and starts your visit with aggravation. But, once you're there, things will change for the better. With a reservation, we were seated immediately, food was excellent, service was good. Prices were a bit high which makes this an occasion visit rather than a weekly stop. I wish they'd clean the floors under the tables when they clean the table tops - messy under the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we had reservations!forus2eatDined on 9/13/2014I'm so glad we had reservations for this busy day. We were seated quickly and the food was good. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionURWhatUEatDined on 9/13/2014Our college student selected this restaurant during family weekend for ISU. We were able to get a reservation when many other local restaurants were no longer accepting them, likely because they have a nice-size dining capacity here. The food is always reliable for being tasty, in my experience. The bread and oil provided for all tables is irresistible. Nice wines. It was quite busy and thus a bit noisy, as expected during this family weekend event. Our server was very attentive and helpful. Overall, we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealajg27Dined on 9/12/2014This is the 5th time I have dined at Biaggi. It never disappoints. I always look forward to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I have been to Biaggi's many times in the last five years since my children attend Illinois State. I have always had great food and service, however this time the service was very poor. The waitress was not attentive in asking if we needed a refill on our drinks and our food took over an hour to come out. My scallop dish was cold, but the rest of the dishes were hot. We then ordered desert, which also took to long to be served. The manager discounted some items, but Biaggi's needs to work on consistency of their staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's is outstandingMidwestNewbiesDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been to Biaggi's in Bloomington several times and it is always outstanding in every way. We particularly like their Gluten Free options including very tasty GF flat bread (just a $1 extra). The service people are all oustanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodKoffeenutDined on 9/6/2014Our server was fantastic! She knew the specials, helped us decide what to select from the menu because she took the time to ask some of our preferences. The specials were delicious and appealing to the eye when served. Highly recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningR8chelDined on 9/5/2014We were running late to our reservation but they still held our table. My dad tipped his whole glass if tea onto his lap but a bus not noticed and brought us more napkins immediately. The food was wonderful. Love the little plates of healthy snacks for the kids the minute we sat down and that the kids get a Sunday with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014I don't usually write reviews, but in this case I must make an exception. We picked Biaggis because of its excellent food and the fact that you can carry on a nice conversation while dining. The chef went out of his way to make a lunch size portion of my favorite entree during the dinner hour. He also substituted veggies to one of my liking. He didn't have to do this. Everything was yummy! We'll definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodge11VIPDined on 9/1/2014Consistently good food, sometimes the service isn't so great, just depends on who you get.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but minor exceptionsProf66Dined on 8/29/2014Was there for lunch on a weekday. Food was great with one exception--the spinach salad had long stems that made it a little awkward to eat. The butternut squash filled ravioli was excellent. The serving size was good. The service was marked down a little on this visit since the one meal came with the wrong side dish, but was quickly corrected. Otherwise the service was fine. Some reviews have said the noise level was too loud, but in the back room with a carpet floor instead of hardwood, it was no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit was fantasticBulletBobDined on 8/25/2014I am not usually impressed with restaurant food, to be honest. But for my first time visit to Biaggi's I was totally blown away by the quality and taste of my food. Usually I can take or leave eating out but this was among the best experiences I have had eating out, EVER! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...AJDines826Dined on 8/24/2014The servicw was a little spotty this time We eat at Biaggi's 3 or 4 times a year, usually for a special occasion. The service is usually better. The food is consistently good. My chief complaint is that it is always very noisy at Biaggi's, which makes it hard to have a conversation. I wish they could improve the acoustics.Special Features:
- Food for all Taste!FamilydiningtimeDined on 8/19/2014This is an excellent restaurant! Kid friendly - even for the picky eaters! We thoroughly enjoyed it and wish there was a location in Georgia so that we didn't have to wait so long to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014It never ceases to amaze me at the level of service from Biaggi's. It doesn't matter who serves you, they know the menu. They enlighten you on the specials, but aren't afraid to give their own opinion either. They are courteous, and will provide the most excellent service. I've yet to have a bad experience at Biaggi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great servicelocavoreDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service. White chocolate bread pudding is fantastic. Only downside is noise level when restaurant is busy. Almost loud enogh that it is hard to understand what someone is saying when they are sitting across the table from you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's August 7 2014iceprincess0417Dined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent, the service was phenomenal, (you are the best Chuck!) The only thing that I can think of that could be changed was the level of the music, it was a little loud. Other than that my husband and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceRandDtravelerDined on 8/6/2014Ate at this restaurant on several occasions. Every time I drive through Bloomington while en route to Chicago or back to St Louis, stop there to eat. Have never been disappointed. This particular reservation was made via OpenTable (which was the first time I used the service). I was traveling with a coworker, whose 60-th birthday happened to be on that day. Mentioned the occasion in the note to the restaurant. They put a birthday card (not specifically requested) on the table and a candle in his desert; nice! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cindaruVIPDined on 8/4/2014Great place to eat! Service and staff are top notch. Always a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening and great dinnerClassyDiner99Dined on 8/1/2014Sat in a reasonably comfortable, quiet area. Food was great. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Very niceLovesfoodDined on 7/31/2014Lovely meal. Salmon special was outstanding. Waitress was very very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great b-day dinner with the family!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014We all got dressed up and had a fantastic dinner. We have 5 kids between age 5 and 12. They loved it, mostly because the waitress gave them crayons and they could draw on the paper table covering.Special Features:
- Tasty, fast and reasonable2fordinnerDined on 7/29/2014It was $10 pasta night, a real bargain. We had a wonderful and friendly server. The food was served in record time and very tasty. A very enjoyable meal and we did not have to give the time commitment dining out can require on a week night.Special Features:
- Great food/service, but very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Overall the food was excellent, the service was good, but the noise level was a little distracting. It was to the point that it was difficult to carry on a conversation. I would certainly go back, but plan on it being pretty loud in the main dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014The menu has changed since our last visit, and much for the better. They offered wonderful seafood selections. My seared scallops with seasonal risotto was phenominal. My wife enjoyed the seasonal wild caught red sockeye salmon, which was wonderfully prepared and presented.Special Features: