Biaggi's - Bloomington
1501 North Veterans Parkway
Bloomington, IL 61704Neighborhood:
Bloomington / Normal
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biaggi's - Bloomington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biaggis.com/
- Phone: (309) 661-8322
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am -4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday; 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Troy Tomlinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether it’s a rehearsal dinner, business meeting, family reunion, or other important occasion, let Biaggi’s cater to you!
We offer the perfect combination of authentic Italian food, distinctive ambiance and affordable pricing to make any gathering an event to remember.
- Private Party Facilities: Biaggi's has private room options for a variety of occasions to accommodate up to 100 guests. Whether you prefer a reception format, buffet or any number of table configurations, our event coordinator will be happy to help you determine what best fits your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Coon 3096618322x
A word from Biaggi's - Bloomington
Biaggi's - Bloomington offers authentic Italian cuisine prepared fresh daily and affordably priced.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Biaggi's - Bloomington - Best Restaurants in Bloomington / Normal ›
Biaggi's - Bloomington reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (87)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (49)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (25)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Disappointedpicky24Dined on 11/22/2014Strange place, very loud but they dim the lights for dinner. Not what I'd call romantic, so I don't see the point. Food is average at best, service was slow, our server disappeared for a while, making us late to our show. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Consistently good quality foodBigappleVIPDined on 11/17/2014Had a nice dining experience at Biaagi's. We sat @ a high-top in the bar and enjoyed it! I appreciated them recognizing our reservation request to do so. Cameron, one of bartenders, was our server. He did a good job, although we had to flag him down a couple times, because he got busy. The food is always fresh and good and that was true again for this meal. They had a shrimp special that sounded wonderful and one of my dining friends truly enjoyed. I almost ordered it but I love the ziti al forno, so I had to get it again. And it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointspinkduckDined on 11/16/2014My friends and I made a reservation to eat here after a play in Peoria and we live in Champaign. We called as we were on our way and they gladly added one more person to our party. The bar is where we chose to eat since we feel it is more quiet and the waiters are quicker. Ordered new wines and dishes and all were wonderful from steak to seafood. Very knowledgeable about wines and other questions we had. Enjoyed a pumpkin dessert and all people-bagged the rest since the serving were large. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get-togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/16/2014All of us had a very good lunch. The food was much better than the last two times we were at the restaurant. There were a couple of disappointments with one wrong meal delivered and a side salad was overdressed and tasted as it had been sitting around outside the refrigerator for some time. I would hope salads are not pre made but put together with fresh ingredients when ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMaleficentDined on 11/15/2014As always, the meal here was wonderful and the service outstanding. We choose Biaggi's for most of our special occasion dining. (Worth noting is that they charge no corking fee, so we brought our favorite wine from home to enjoy with dinner.) This is simply an expertly managed restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedCafeyVino22VIPDined on 11/9/2014After reading so many good reviews we were so excited to try this restaurant only to be greeted by a very rude hostess. We sat for about 15 minutes before anyone came to the table. I waved down a couple of waiters and asked if we could have some water. Even the bus boy I asked said "just a minute." It wasnt even busy! I was about to leave and finally the waiter came to the table. He was very nice and really knew the food and wines. We decided to try it since we had waited so long and we were both so hungry. The food was just average. I would not return. Im sure we could have found better food somewhere else. At least the waiter was nice. He was the only one who seemed to really be working hard. First time here not not returning.
- little thingsguytcDined on 11/9/2014We really enjoyed the over all experience. However... The Bloomington Il location needs to figure out a way for GPS to find their location. You can see it from the Veterans Parkway address, but need to take a back road down a "no outlet" street to get there. My sister asked for "no lemon" in her iced tea and got lemon and ordered tortellini and got ravioli. Three strikes and you're out for this location.Special Features:
- Great place!MoleholesDined on 11/9/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Wonderful for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2014I met my son half way from where we live. Each 2+ hours away. We stopped for what we wanted was a nice lunch. I beleive we were almost the first in the restaurant and it then filled up. Everyone around our table was being served their food and ours last...it was only a beef sandwich...really 1 hour and 35 minutes for lunch?
- Dependably Excellent!varietyseekerDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I were here for a small celebration, and had a wonderful time. Everyone, from the hostess to the wait staff was friendly, attentive, and helpful. We both selected fish - my wife a salmon dish from the menu and me halibut from the featured list - and they were both excellent! We always enjoy our dining experience at Biaggi's, and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overall!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We drove an hour+ just to have dinner here...always worth the trip. I've never been disappointed in Biaggi's. Everything was perfect: the drinks, the food, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodPandE84Dined on 11/2/2014Over the last 10 years or so, we have eaten about once a month at Biaggi's. It never disappoints. It has certainly been the most reliable restaurant in Bloomington IL. The menu evolves slowly and there are enough new specials to keep us interested. The wait staff is professional and effective. Our only complaint is that it is too noisy. This is a problem that could be moderated with carpeting, drapery, ceiling tiles, etc., but apparently the management prefers the noisy clatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014over all everything was great but hard to have a conversation. Too noisySpecial Features:
- Great FoodBirthdayGirlDined on 10/24/2014Our guests completely enjoyed the experience. They enjoyed the food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always Good!LocalFanDined on 10/24/2014Have been to Biaggi's too many times to count, and always have a great experience. Menu changes regularly and staff is always helpful and friendly. It's a great go-to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...again. :(MeeeDined on 10/24/2014I know this is one of the best restaurants in the city, but this is the third time I've been there and not enjoyed the food. It just didn't taste great. Others at the table thought their plates were good and one (stuffed pork tenderloin) was truly absolutely fabulous. I found the marinara sauce to be so garlicky it was almost bitter, and the Tilapia was nothing special. For the plate prices, I expect excellent food every time I go there - not every 3rd time. We spent nearly $100 for the 3 of us; it wasn't worth it. I'll go to Destihl the next time I want to celebrate something big.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceSuzanneDined on 10/21/2014I enjoy taking a group to Biaggi's. The service is always good and the menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special occasionsEatnoutDined on 10/19/2014Always enjoy dining at Biaggis. It's a little pricey for frequent stops. So, we make it a special occasion destination. The menu has a good variety and the main dishes never disappoint. The service has always been friendly and efficient with knowledgeable attendants. I would recommends is restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleared table too soonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The wait staff swooped down on the table while some in our party were still eating. The staff took silverware, plates, etc. and created an awkward situation for those still eating.Special Features:
- Biaggi's Best in Central IllinoisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Still hard to believe that this is a chain. Boy do they know what they are doing. Trained servers, really good food and specials that make frequent customers always eager to see what's new. Great sauces, all things well-prepared. They do everything right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!frquentdnr123Dined on 10/17/2014Lunch for work was great. Quick, friendly service and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- Best Wait StaffRogybearDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was AWESOME... New the menu, new the answers mot questions, very well prepared to make our dinning experience an A+..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed the entire dinner sitting. Very friendly waiters, hostesses, bar tenders. Will definitely go again.....Special Features:
- FavoriteLetseatoutDined on 10/3/2014Biaggi's has become one of my favorite places to dine! Their gluten free menu never fails. Their service is always top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to night outLoveVinoDined on 9/27/2014We like to go to Biaggi's for a nice night out. We always know the food is good. Plus you can bring your own bottle of wine and there is no corking fee.Special Features:
- Girls night outLouandJayDined on 9/27/2014Nice place to meet friends & family. We prefer sitting in the bar area, a bit more intimate. I enjoy the food, wine and décor, the biggest drawback at Biaggi's is the noise level, noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Met for lunch with a friend. We hadn't seen each other for many years so we knew we'd be at our table for quite some time. Although we compensated our server well, we felt welcome to stay as long as we wished. He was very attentive without being overbearing. Our lunch was delicious and the tab reasonable.Special Features:
- "Interesting" ExperienceGeorgeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were surprised to find an Open Table restaurant in Bloomington, IL, though we suspected that that might be due to the presence of the university. We were there on a Saturday night, and the place was packed and quite loud--so loud, in fact, that it was difficult to hear what our server said to us. My wife was quite pleased with her Tortellini, but my spaghetti and meatballs (which I ordered since it's an Italian restaurant--duh!) were disappointing. The meatballs were dry, as in over-cooked, and there was very little marinara sauce to accompany the incredibly large serving of pasta. Overall, rather disappointing unless you like large, noisy restaurants that seem to cater to large groups.Special Features:
- Mostly an excellent experienceReservata2Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent menu, excellent food preparation and presentation, superb service, lovely restaurant. The only downside was the horrendous noise level, which eventually began to be punishing, and made it difficult to concentrate on the food, let alone the atmosphere. I will put a more complete review on trip advisor soon. These comments were solicited by, and intended for, Open Table. (The hostess seemed to have a difficult time identifying my reservation made through Open Table [linked from Trip Advisor], but there was no problem being seated immediately.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningNickDined on 9/19/2014It was a great evening for my wife and I. The food was fantastic as it usually is. The place was quite busy and very loud, but our waitress and the other wait staff did a great job on keeping us served. We did have a few issues with the bill, but those were quickly resolved without any arguments. This is my wife and I's favorite restaurant in town to go to for a special dinner.Special Features:
- High class!!KlrobbinsDined on 9/19/2014we love Biaggi's when we want a high quality high class meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's - BloomingtonDiningDivaDined on 9/13/2014My family of four ate at Biaggi's in Bloomington Illinois this weekend. I made reservations since it was close to ISU and it was parents weekend. We definitely needed the reservations since it was booked up. We couldn't sit down until 6:15, our reservation time, even though there were plenty of open tables. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and professional. Our food did take awhile to come but, it was ok. We were not rushed. The food we ordered was good but, not great. Food was just warm, not hot . It took long so we didn't send it back to be microwaved warmer. There wasn't , to our knowledge, a lot of nicer restaurants to pick from and this worked out fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and great foodCathyDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the food and the meal was priced just right. Our service was good and we enjoyed their homemade foccacia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to Find But Good To Eat!ZippyDined on 9/13/2014Visiting our son at the University nearby, Biaggi's was a good choice in a city we really didn't know. The restaurant is very visible from Memorial Drive but extremely, I mean extremely hard to get to. First there's no entrance from the main road. You must enter the parking area from the rear but only from the west side. Getting in and out is terrible and starts your visit with aggravation. But, once you're there, things will change for the better. With a reservation, we were seated immediately, food was excellent, service was good. Prices were a bit high which makes this an occasion visit rather than a weekly stop. I wish they'd clean the floors under the tables when they clean the table tops - messy under the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we had reservations!forus2eatDined on 9/13/2014I'm so glad we had reservations for this busy day. We were seated quickly and the food was good. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionURWhatUEatDined on 9/13/2014Our college student selected this restaurant during family weekend for ISU. We were able to get a reservation when many other local restaurants were no longer accepting them, likely because they have a nice-size dining capacity here. The food is always reliable for being tasty, in my experience. The bread and oil provided for all tables is irresistible. Nice wines. It was quite busy and thus a bit noisy, as expected during this family weekend event. Our server was very attentive and helpful. Overall, we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealajg27Dined on 9/12/2014This is the 5th time I have dined at Biaggi. It never disappoints. I always look forward to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014I have been to Biaggi's many times in the last five years since my children attend Illinois State. I have always had great food and service, however this time the service was very poor. The waitress was not attentive in asking if we needed a refill on our drinks and our food took over an hour to come out. My scallop dish was cold, but the rest of the dishes were hot. We then ordered desert, which also took to long to be served. The manager discounted some items, but Biaggi's needs to work on consistency of their staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggi's is outstandingMidwestNewbiesDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been to Biaggi's in Bloomington several times and it is always outstanding in every way. We particularly like their Gluten Free options including very tasty GF flat bread (just a $1 extra). The service people are all oustanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodKoffeenutDined on 9/6/2014Our server was fantastic! She knew the specials, helped us decide what to select from the menu because she took the time to ask some of our preferences. The specials were delicious and appealing to the eye when served. Highly recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.