1363 Clairmont Road
Decatur, GA 30033Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bhojanic.com/
- Phone: 4046339233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12-9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Surender Malhotra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for Details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for Details.
- Private Party Contact: Archna Becker 4043861940
- Entertainment: Jazz, Funk, Blues, Fusion Indian & popular local DJs.
A word from Bhojanic
Traditional Indian food in a Non-traditional atmosphere. Home-style Indian Fusion Tapas in a hip, fun environment. Live Music & special events throughout the week. Specialty House Martinis include Guava, Lychee & Mango. "In a city overrun with South Indian options, Bhojanic offers some of the most vibrant North Indian fare in Atlanta" - Creative Loafing-Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bhojanic reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Not As Good As In The PastconvoyhelmVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had a nice birthday dinner at Bhojanic, but the food was so-so. We've always loved it, so not sure what's happened. We also live further away now, so not sure whether or not we'll return.Special Features:
- Try something new!CulinaryCoupleDined on 9/13/2014Great food and great service! This was our first time trying Indian cuisine in Atlanta and we will be back soon! We loved the casual cozy atmosphere and the friendly staff. Great experience!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceJohnDined on 8/21/2014We went on a week night and were pleased with the food. The crowd was a mix of groups and some adult family members. Authentic food with great service all around. The live music was bonus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Service was excellent and food was very tasty. I would go back.Special Features:
- Our favorite Indian Food!MidtownfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Love the thalis, the cabbage choice is amazing, very filling! Love the aloo tiki too! For dessert you need to try the Ras malaiSpecial Features:
- Great FoodCentGAEaterVIPDined on 8/2/2014As in the past, the food was great. Portions were appropriate (we took three boxes home). Only downside was the tables were a bit cramped (my wife had to go three-quarters of the way around our table, as the table next to us seemed over-crowded). Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Excellent MusicterrytoesDined on 7/31/2014We went to hear the jazz band and the food and atmosphere and service were a good bonus. It was a great evening out and the music was perfect for the evening and the space! Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2014As I was finishing my meal, I could only think about how this restaurant's cuisine is pretty much the tastiest and most flavorful I've ever enjoyed. Awesome every time. Thank you Bhojanic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent Tapas. Excellent service, though they could have used a bartender that could make the drinks on the menu.
- Delicious!JenADined on 7/12/2014Love the food. The flavors have such depth, and the dishes have spice, but are not too hot for the average person (like me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great food!vinotintoVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love Bhojanic! The variety if tapas and choices for the thalis is great. Food is flavorful, and if you like food with a kick, they will certainly add a "kick" in here. The atmosphere is very nice for an ethnic restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious + Jazz? PerfectNiceViewDined on 7/3/2014There was a live jazz band there. My guests enjoyed the food and the ambiance. It was perfect! The servers are great and friendly too. Chicken Tika Masala was great with Naan.Special Features:
- Rejuvenation needed!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/20/2014We love this restaurant but our recent visits have left us wondering if the Bhojanic energy is going flat. The service is still good but not great, the food is still great but not quite up to its usual superlative taste, the tables and chairs are worn, and some of our favorite food and drink options have disappeared from the menu. The bar service was exceptionally slow. We wish the joy would come back!Special Features:
- pani puri!PuneDecaturDined on 6/14/2014great pani puri, cold kingfisher beer, chicken curry was perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious!TinaandMariaDined on 6/2/2014We went to Bhojanic for my wife's birthday. It was a fantastic choice. We were seated right away and drink orders were taken quickly. Our waitress took her time with us and explained thedrink menu as most of the drinks are specific to the restaurant. We were happy with her suggestions and really enjoyed the drinks. My favorite was the spring equinox. It was our first time there so she went over the menu and helped us decide if we had to much food as we kept ordering because everything looked and sounded so good. Dinner don't disappoint. It was delicious!! My wife even got a free dessert for her birthday. It was a fantastic night and I definetly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and servicebeekim313VIPDined on 5/31/2014Went here with a friend from India and he agreed that food was delicious, expensive but very good. But then again he's from India and not used to American prices. He also said the décor was not Indian at all, although I thought it looked Indian, but I'm not the expert! But at least we agreed on the food. I would recommend the roasted eggplant appetizer and the lamb thalis. The worst of my comment is that I didn't like the tap water. It tasted funny so I ended up ordering bottled water.Special Features:
- enjoyed the foodOlgaDined on 5/31/2014We come to Bhojanic regularly. This time we brought friends and tried a set of tapas and there were great. Tasty, good sizes and fun. We generally find thali selections on a hotter side than tapas here. Our child enjoyed the tapas too but not his child meal which was somewhat spicy. The meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014We had a great experience at Bhojanic, as usual. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. I love both location but this one is a bit more "low key" since it's not in Buckhead. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeTeatimeDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times and always enjoyed the food. After not going for about 6 months, we went back because we had a coupon deal and were disappointed to find that the food was not nearly as good as it has been. Our appetizer and Thalis arrived cold and did not look like they had been freshly cooked. Our drinks (lassis) were quite good. The service was also excellent. I hope we just experienced an off-night and that this doesn't signal a change in quality from a restaurant we used to love.Special Features:
- The following 376 reviews are from the Bhojanic reviews archive.
- Amazing food but weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/21/2014I love this place and have eaten here more than 20 times. The food is unmatched in quality and flavor and will keep me coming back no matter how disappointing the service can be. Despite various employees roaming around, service is slow and uninspired. On this visit we ordered two appetizers that arrived after our entrées. I just can't fathom how this happens at a restaurant of this caliber. Managers are rarely to be seen on the floor, making sure guests are happy. The food couldn't be better. Service needs improvement and passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceAtlantafoodie25Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. The food was great and we'll definitely go back just to try a few more things on the menu. Hopefully next time the staff will know what they're doing. The staff was all nice but seemed a bit lost about everything, weren't sure when they were opening, didn't know what a mimosa was (though it was part of the menu), and forgot several items we asked for. Going to give them another try but twice might be enough if the servers don't figure a few things out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, chilly receptionG37racerDined on 5/10/2014Normally Bhojanic is a friendly restaurant. We booked a reservation on Open Table for 10:30 pm. We arrived at 10:17 pm. I mentioned to the lady at the hostess stand I had a reservation at 10:30 pm. She scoffed at said AT 10:30 that's CLOSING time. I was surprised at her rudeness and said why did the system allow me to schedule it. She shrugged and walked off. It was not pleasant considering I had a friend with me that was new to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcinderdooDined on 5/6/2014Server was amazing... food incredible. We had the tapas, the Bhindi, Dal, and Paneer. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Great, as usualvinotintoVIPDined on 5/4/2014We love the food at Bhojanic. We like that the menu has different options from apps/tapas, to street food, to multiple thali options, to a daily biryiani. The food is very flavorful.Special Features:
- Best IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2014I asked an acquaintance for a recommendation and now I am ready to recommend this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2014Great Food and Excellent Service! We enjoyed the shrimp appetizer, the thali and the cheesecake. They offer excellent food, large portions and stellar service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Indian in AtlantahealthyfoodieDined on 4/19/2014I love Bhojanic and could eat there every night. The food is clean Indian, filled with the delicious spices and without the murky ingredients you cannot distinguish. It is simply the best in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Indian in DecaturOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/5/2014Great tasting Indian with a lot of flavour, reasonably spicy!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchBuckarooDined on 3/16/2014Food was wonderful. Service was friendly but slow . . . one waiter serving 7 tables.Special Features:
- 2nd time visiting. Food wasEssyDined on 3/1/20142nd time visiting. Food was too spicy/hot. Was not enjoyable as was the first time I visited. All diners at my table (4) were disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for indian food!!!ECATLDined on 2/28/2014Very good service mixed with good food and nice ambiance cannot go wrong. We had a great time!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysPaniLoverDined on 2/28/2014Although the Chicken Biryani special tempted us, we order several tapas, as usual. We like to check out the vegetables of the day. Last time we had the cauliflower this time we got the yellow lentils and the garbanzo beans (chole). Both were wonderful. This time we ordered the Chicken 65 not hot, which let us taste the great tandoori flavor more. Yum. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experiencediningcoworkersDined on 2/17/2014This was my first time trying Indian food and I must say I enjoyed the food. It gave a little kick without being overly spicy. The ambiance was nice for a group of friends dining out, which was the case for me, as well as being perfect for a casual date. Our server was accommodating to us "newbies". Overall, my friends and I enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintSpeedMcDDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend had been meaning to take me to Bhojanic for months, so I beat her to the punch on Valentines Day. Great choice. The ambience is great, they have a decent beer/wine selection, and the Indian food is pretty spot on. We did all tapas because there were so many choices that we didn't want to just settle for one each. Add a couple Chimay Blues and we had a great night. I'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticdecaturdinerDined on 2/14/2014The Bhojanic is our favorite Indian restaurant in Atlanta. The menu is filled with interesting dishes, many of which you can't find anywhere else. The service is attentive but generally relaxed. We always feel like its an occasion when we dine there. The food is consistently fantastic!Special Features:
- Great experienceSAgirlDined on 1/11/2014This was our first time to Bhojanic and we went on a recommendation from an Indian friend. It did not disappoint. The waitress was very helpful , explaining each dish . I went with the shrimp curry as recommended by previous reviews and it was delicious. Others went with the Thali option and enjoyed those too. he mango lassis were very refreshing and tasty. I highly recommend Bhojanic for good atmosphere , service and great Indian food.Special Features:
- One of Our FavoritesCowgirlCDined on 1/1/2014I always enjoy Bhojanic. The quality of the service can be variable (the bar tends to be very slow), but everyone is always friendly, and the food is always good. Monday night is half price wine, which is an excellent deal considering the good quality of the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2013This place is consistently wonderful. The food is great and the service is good.Special Features:
- Ok, but could use some refinememtsAeroslikDined on 12/31/2013The quality is sub par based on the pricing. Could use some refinement. Roti Canai dip was bland. Lamb tasted more like goat.Special Features:
- Best Indian Food in GAShaunDined on 12/29/2013I moved from Florida and have been searching for good Indian food for over 2 years. Thanks to open table for the suggestion. The food was awesome. Love it and I have not stopped talking about it since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.