Bhojanic Restaurant at The Shops Around Lenox
3400 Around Lenox Rd #201
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Bhojanic Restaurant at The Shops Around Lenox
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bhojanic.com/
- Phone: 4048418472
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Surender Malhotra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A beautiful private dining room can accommodate up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Archna Becker 4043861940
- Entertainment: Jazz, Funk, Blues, Fusion Indian & popular local DJs.
A word from Bhojanic Restaurant at The Shops Around Lenox
Traditional Indian food in a Non-traditional atmosphere. Home-style Indian Fusion Tapas in a hip, fun environment. Live Music & special events throughout the week. Specialty House Martinis include Guava, Lychee & Mango. "In a city overrun with South Indian options, Bhojanic offers some of the most vibrant North Indian fare in Atlanta" - Creative Loafing-Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bhojanic Restaurant at The Shops Around Lenox reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (12)special occasion (11)hot spot (9)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food was mediocreDisappointedDined on 8/29/2014I've had worse food, but I've definitely had better. Would not come back as there are so many other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Deliciously differentAtlantaeaterDined on 8/27/2014The food was great, and our server was helpful in terms of recommendations. The tables inside are pretty close together so you do kind of feel like you're practically sitting with the people next to you. I would avoid it on the weekend because at full capacity it might be too loud to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food but Dirty PlaceVAGAFamilyVIPDined on 8/16/2014While certainly not the best Indian food, it was good. The dishes were flavored nicely but the meat was a but fatty and chewy. The place also seemed dirty. The tables were sticky and there was food on the chairs and the floor. You can tell the tables had not been wiped down - we even moved twice before sitting down. With the options in the area, I doubt we will be back.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceFentonVIPDined on 8/15/2014We sat outside and enjoyed well presented food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Love this place/fantastic location.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2014Seriously, one of my favorite places to eat in Atlanta. Super friendly staff. Active manager who makes his rounds. Christine in the front of house is affable and great to talk to! She loves people and loves her job!Special Features:
- Indian tapas, a great ideaFoodfinderVIPDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed a good selection of Indian small plate deliciousness. A fun spot to go to sample many different items. All arrived to our table hot and well prepared with a nice balance of favors. Next time we will ask the waiter to stagger the presentation so all the food does not arrive at once. We just assumed he'd know this. Otherwise the service was knowledgable, pleasant and efficient. Will go back the next time we are looking for some good Indian bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantRobinVIPDined on 8/2/2014We eat here on a regular basis. The food is always delicious and the ambiance is very nice. During the warmer months there is a very pretty outdoor area. There are a lot of vegetarian and GF- gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014Delicious as always! LOVE this place! The food is wonderful, and when the weather is nice, the outdoor dining can't be beat.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014awesome and creative Indian food--unlike any you have ever tasted. Their slogan sums it up--"Warning--Food has Flavor" Alu Tikki is one of the best dishes of any restaurant anywhere.Special Features:
- Birthday DinneroldmanDined on 6/29/2014Our youngest daughter chose this restaurant as the place she wanted to eat this year. Four of us in the party had not eaten here before and none of us were disappointed. The server was very helpful in suggesting things we might like and the food was very good. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Service is more like mannequins.DanBDined on 6/28/2014Good food, nice flavors. Pretty space. Loud. But the servers always seemed too busy to care. MAYBE it's worth it, though, because it avoids your having to drive to Buford Hwy. for Indian food.Special Features:
- Very good IndianRgroszDined on 6/27/2014Glad we finally got to try this restaurant, since it has a very convenient location. It was a bit noisier than I like, but the food was quite interesting. It has not replaced my favorite Indian restaurant, but this is a solid choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic mealFalling4HanakapiaiVIPDined on 6/25/2014I love this place. Great service. Great prices. Little to no wait on food. It's quick in and out and the food is hands down the best Indian in the city.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014Love decatur version...doesnt translate to buckhead..low on customer service, food average, experience..ho hum, not likely to repeat.
- YUM. Nice to have Bhojanic so closeLynnATLDined on 6/19/2014I've eaten here several times. Reservations are a helpful. The food is delicious. We're fans from the original location -- but love this address since it is much closer to home/office for weeknight dinners. The Thali tray is the way to go -- select a meat (or two) and several sides and then enjoy the flavors.Special Features:
- abrasive hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We arrived at 6 pm and the majority of tables were empty. She seated us at the front table (2 people). I asked if we could move to the back and she said no. They were reserved. We reserved too. Don't get it. By the time we left, only half the tables were full. Server was very nice and friendly. Food was just ok. Won't be back.
- Always a favorite !MidtownfoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Love the thalis and the panner kathi roll. The paneer 65 is tasty and so are the pakoras to share with friends.Special Features:
- Great food BUT....GfoodVIPDined on 6/13/2014Everytime I dine at bhojanic the food is fabulous but the service is poor. Once seated it never fails that I have to get up and go to the Hostess stand and ask for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server very helpful with selectionKayKayDined on 6/13/2014She took the time to give us a sense of what each item on the menu would be like and the best way to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014The title says it all. Excellent food, great service. Friendly staff. A recomendation. A real find. In one word : topSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty, but very overpricedlville3Dined on 6/1/2014The food was all prepared well, and was very fresh and tasty, although certainly not the best indian food in Atlanta. Dinner for two with a shared appetizer, two entrees, one shared dessert and no drinks ends up being $30 to $35 per person (including tax and tip). That is way too much for this moderately good restaurant. Service was fairly slow (the chapatis came out about 10 minutes after the rest of the food), even though the restaurant was almost empty.Special Features:
- Great IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/30/2014Nann bread was delicious- Food was generously portioned and tastey.Special Features:
- Incredibly poor serviceNishakoriDined on 5/24/2014I brought my mother here because of the great food but the way we were serviced by our waitress was indelible. The waitress with the blonde hair had her back turned to us the whole time, while constantly servicing the other table next to us. Whenever she did not have her back turned to us, she would walk right past us. It took us extremely long to simply ask for a straw. We ended up having to ask the waiter who brought out our food for a straw. Not ONCE did she ever come back to ask us if we needed anything, not before or after the food was received! It was a hassle to get the check from her. The ONLY reason we got the check was because she overheard me saying it was crazy that we were being ignored. Absolutely terrible serviceSpecial Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Bhojanic Restaurant at The Shops Around Lenox reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Went there for lunch during the week and there was a pretty long wait for food. Had to check in w/servers about the food and ask them to clear our plates. Servers passed by a number of times and never said a word. Food was terribly spicy (and I like spice) but maybe it was the dish I got. Don't plan on going back.
- Fabulous. Fabulous.ASAKDined on 5/11/2014Our favorite. Great food and even better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first time dining there and it won't be the last. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The lady who seated us was in another world, but the waitress was great. Nice spot to eat before and after going to the Lenox Mall directly across the street. We would definitely recommend this as a place to dine.Special Features:
- Frequent "we are out of this item"atkm007Dined on 5/10/2014I have been to Bhojanic twice in the last 30 days and both times 15 minutes after the waiter took my order, he came back with the "We are out of this item" message for one of the items. I would expect that waiters would be notified when an item is no longer available, and would let customers know up front. Other than that, the food was excellent. Their chicken curry and ras malai were outstanding. The waiters tended to be rather too casually dressed, which did not quite fit in with the rest of the ambiance.Special Features:
- Service is TerribleBeachyfoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014The service was awful. Appetizer came before cocktails. It took over an hour for our entree to come. Food was good but would not go back.
- Well DoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Great spot in the Shops of Lennox - The food is wonderful and very fairly priced considering the area of town. Much better place than a bunch of the restaurants on Peachtree or Piedmont area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJavedDined on 5/1/2014Went for lunch and was satisfied with the food. Food was very niceeeee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price on menu are confusingakamDined on 4/18/2014The prices on the menu are confusing. We got a 3 veg thali. Restaurant charged the price of thali that was mentioned on the menu plus $2 for each vegetable making the price of thali higher that what was mentioned. Menu prices were not clear and server is not telling us the options. Also, there are less options for vegetable entries and you are force to get thali.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem.TheBaronVIPDined on 4/18/2014Archna, the owner will take good care of you. The wait staff is excellent, service is fast and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, authentic Indian foodSlapVanWallaDined on 4/17/2014Great ambiance; good, live music on Fridays. Food is great stuff, not heavily spicy, just so that the flavors are really brought out. Appetizers and desserts are tasty. Only point of advice is definitely make a reservation if you're going on Friday or the weekend; the place gets packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular Gem Around Lenox Mallekool2000VIPDined on 4/10/2014Bhojanic Restaurant is the place for me to introduce my friends to when we want something different and exotics. I could never go wrong with the Thalis.Special Features:
- First impressions mean a lotfinikyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Several people had recommended for a possible rehearsal dinner location. There private area only seats about 16 adults. Upon being seated our table had a huge spill below so we moved one table over. This table was so sticky even after it was cleaned again my glass stuck to table. The table next to us ordered coffee only to be told they had no sugar after delivery! Really? On a Saturday? When you see this happen in the front no telling how they handle things in the kitchen. We won't return to even find out. By the way the food, not so great but the dirtiness had already ruined it all.Special Features:
- Nice as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014One of our favorite places for Indian Food with good ambience.Special Features:
- Birthday at BhojanicCTSpiceDined on 3/28/2014To celebrate my papa's birthday, we let him choose the spot for supper. His birthday present to himself and to his wife and daughter was this marvelous choice. Every single morsel that went into our mouths burst with flavor, and every part of the meal was splendid -- from the food to the service, ambience, and overall experience. We will come back for many more occasions and not just save it for special ones! Thank you, Bhojanic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous find!maryDined on 3/22/2014Tucked away in a strip of shops next to Lenox mall, this restaurant is outstanding! Excellent food. Warm and receptive staff. Waiters know their stuff - I recommend letting the wait staff order the food for your group - just tell them what you do not like or what you love and they do a great job with amount, variety and taste. Fabulous, overall. Glad the owner ( who is usually around and very gracious) brought Bhojanic to Buckhead - apparently it has been around awhile in Decatur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Fault The CookingOxideZoZoVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is good, creative, Indian food. The menu isn't huge, but there are a lot of appetizer sized things. Service was a bit scattered, but the waiter was very helpful about advising how much to order. The food could have arrived hotter (temperature, not spice, it was pleasantly spicy).Special Features:
- NIce Place, great food.GPCDENDined on 3/18/2014This is a nice little spot tucked away in the corner of the shopping center behind Lennox mall. The food is great, although the selection is limited. Atmosphere is great, modern and comfortable, Nice bar if you are dining alone and a couple of tables for larger groups that are semi private but still open to the main room of the restaurant. If you like Indian beer, they have the 22 oz. Taj Mahal, served ice cold, it's a must. I've been here 3 times and love the place. The only complaint is that the service is slow, so be patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.