102 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bhojanny.com/
- Phone: 2122139615
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bhojan
Bhojan is a vegetarian restaurant serving fresh, healthy, and satisifying meals. Our vegetarian thalis cater to the big appetites and our small plates and chatts are lighter fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bhojan reviews from OpenTable diners
- Exactly what I was looking for.CupidityDined on 3/24/2014The food was good, moderately priced and the service was decent. I was looking for a new go-to indian restaurant that I can visit whenever I am craving some dal or paratha, and I think I found it. This place was simple and perfect. The pumpkin sabji was great.
- Not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014I know Indian good and this was not good at all! The roties came out cold only three people working there. Food was bland can't believe New York Times and all gave this a good rating.
- Veggi Delight !Aditya85Dined on 3/9/2014I was in town visiting my parents over the weekend. I wanted to have Indian food , but something different sort of Indian Food. Bhojan is just exactly that. Bhoajn provides quality Indian Authentic food with friendly service and an awesome location. Its just the right fit for either family or friends over Lunch/Brunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2013Wonderful food and a great atmosphere. A great place to catch up with friends and have a relaxed conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarian foodRamsDined on 11/8/2013Lovely ambience and great vegetarian food. A wonderful spot in the Lexington neighbourhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 out of 4 Dishes Were Very Good!AuntzolaDined on 10/11/2013The eggplant app. and the Pumpkin Entree Win for the being delicious. The cauliflower app and the vegetable vindaloo were not great. Cauliflower was too sweet, jelly like and not enough spice and vindaloo was overly spicy and sauce to thin. Eggplant chips and pumpkin entree win the prize for being very good.Special Features:
- Bhojan in my bellyjilligVIPDined on 10/8/2013always delicious - just the right amount of spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian and Vegan FareOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2013Bhojan is a wonderful contemporary Indian bistro with traditional food in a more sophisticated ambiance. Totally delicious and less greasy than many of the places in the neighborhood---everything we had was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice southern Indian foodMikeDined on 7/30/2013Small restaurant, tastefully decorated. They offer nice southern Indian food including thali that is reasonably priced. The food is good, but nothing stands out especially. The wait staff was eager to serve, but had trouble explaining what some of the dishes were.Special Features:
- Great Vegetarian/Vegan DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2013Very, very good thalis. Beautiful restaurant. Excellent choice for vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013Great food and good service. I just thought it was odd that a waiter on senior person scraped leftover food from one plate onto another before taking it away at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty veggie fareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2013We were interested in Bhojan as the owners also run Chola uptown and we love it there. The restaurant decor was very modern and fun and the noise level just right. The menu was extensive so we were spoiled for choice. Luckily, we were with some Indian friends who ordered for the table so we were able to enjoy a selection of dishes and a thali to share. The flavors were very nice and, at least for me, a little went a long way as I left the place satiated. The only slight complaint was that (at least in the dishes we ate) there was very little substance to the dishes and just lots of sauce. All in all an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions with lots of sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/9/2013Living in nj, I am Used to Small portions, but not when it comes to Indian food and casual dining. The vegetable korma was more cream and sauce then vegetables. The rice and chapatti had no seasoning or flavor. We also got off to the wrong start with the server as we requested to sit elsewhere and were denied, even though the place was half empty. We made the trip and it definitely was not worth it.
- Very tranquil and nicely decoratedSaxxynycVIPDined on 4/27/2013Very tranquil and nicely decorated restaurant, but medium spicy is way too hot!!!
- Spiced with a heavy hand,celiacDined on 4/26/2013Spiced with a heavy hand, I only ate three of the seven thali items served.
- Amazing food for all palatesLanafoodieVIPDined on 4/5/2013Amazing food and great drinks to boot! Though it was a bit too hot inside:Special Features:
- We had a groupon, so it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2013We had a groupon, so it was more of a prix fix menu. The food was good, a bit spicy for us, but overall we enjoyed our meal.
- Great dining experience, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013I come to Bhojan when I can even though I don't live in New York. In general, the appetizers/small plates are better than what most people know as the more traditional Indian restaurant entrees. Try the Pau Bhaji, Kachori Chaat and Gobi Karkare for sure. If you're in the mood for something more substantial, try a paratha. I ate here on a Friday night, and my wife, who ate here recently on a Wednesday night said the food was def a bit better then. Maybe it's the Fri night rush, or maybe it was a bit of an off day. Nonetheless, the food was tasty enough that I'd recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great place!RachelDined on 3/27/2013Picked this out of a concentrated area of vegetarian Indian options on Lex Av based on others' ratings and the extensive menu. We were not disappointed. Food was great, portions were generous and the customer service could not have been nicer. Great place!Special Features:
- I found Bhojan in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013I found Bhojan in New York magazine under the vegetarian section because of a friend of mine is a veggie-only person. This place was so good, i brought my husband back who happens to be a meat and potatoes kinda guy and he loved it. he was amazed at how full you get from only veggies and rice! I recently went to Bhojan for my friend's baby shower and there were 8 of us and the staff was awesome. they let us stay even long after we finished the food. I'd do back to this place again and again.Special Features:
- Bold Flavors!VeganAmyDined on 3/16/2013Food is interesting and spicy! I expected bold and spicy flavors but in the vegan Thali dish that includes appetizer, entree, and dessert almost every part of it was spicy. There was no escaping it except for the rice and dessert! We were all sweating from the heat of the restaurant and the heat from the food. It was new and interesting so we enjoyed trying something new but next time I think we might try a different Indian restaurant (considering there are probably 3 or 4 more in a 1-block radius of this place) and see what they are like. Oh and their drink menu is slightly lacking. But all in all we had a good time and enjoyed trying northwestern Indian food. The atmosphere was also nice.Special Features:
- Delicious and reasonably-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013Delicious and reasonably-priced vegetarian thali takes the fuss out of ordering lunch. We asked for a quiet table for a business lunch and the staff did their best to accommodate us, given that the room is not inherently quiet. All was well until a group of women with babies (one of them howling) was seated next to us, but we were just about ready to leave by then, so no harm was done. I've had family dinners on previous occasions at Bhojan. The food has been excellent and the service attentive, and on those occasions noise was not an issue.Special Features:
- Delicious food and ambiance.TheHungryQueenDined on 3/2/2013Delicious food and ambiance. Great for vegans! And non vegans alike. Everyone is always impressed.Special Features:
- Good for VegansOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013My friend and I went to Bhojan on a Saturday night at 6:45 p.m. with a reservation. It was nearly empty when we walked in and 100% packed when we left around 8 or 8:30 p.m. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. I'm vegan and they had a great assortment of choices. I also don't eat flour or sugar and the wait staff deftly helped me navigate the menu. The ambiance was calming and unusual. The interior is smaller than it looks in the pictures online; it's quite cozy. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- No Bueno!NYEatsVIPDined on 2/21/2013Don't bother... There are MANY (and better) Indian options around there; the only reason I went there was because it was the only option open at 4pm.
- It was nice place, nothingbeezbuzzDined on 2/13/2013It was nice place, nothing social about it. Food was ok.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013The food was very good and came out quickly for lunch. The Tali was delicious and the cauliflour was really great. The two issues I had was on my reservation I requested a larger table for two and I had gotten one of the smaller tables and the place was empty. The other was one of the items I ordered did not arrive at the table and I think it was a language difference, but the food that came out was plenty and delicious. I would definitely go again and recommend it.Special Features:
- Went with a Groupon and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/24/2013Went with a Groupon and they were as generous and delicious as if we had paid full price! For sure will go again!
- I went to Bhojan with my bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013I went to Bhojan with my best friend after purchasing a groupon. We had recently become vegetarians and also shared a love of Indian food, so we decided to give it a try. We LOVED it. The food was incredibly filling and satisfying and we enjoyed the ambience immensely. I would also like to note that the service was incredible even though we only had a groupon. (I've noticed some places lack in service when serving groupon patrons)Special Features:
- I came out to this place becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2013I came out to this place because of a Groupon and my boyfriend and I recently becoming vegetarians, and I will definitely go back. We got the Punjabi Thali which was really rich and delicious. I'm super sensitive to spicy foods, but nothing that I ate was aggressively spicy -- it was just super flavorful.Special Features:
- This was my first visit todotblueyesDined on 1/16/2013This was my first visit to this restaurant and was very happy with everything (food, ambiance, service). Waitress was very attentive without being intrusive. My friend & I were there for nearly 3 hrs. (we had a lot of catching up to do!), and were never bothered by the staff. Also a lovely restaurant as far as ambiance goes. I highly recommend this to everyone, whether you're vegetarian or not.Special Features:
- Although the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013Although the restaurant is listed online as being open till midnight and allowed us to make a 10pm reservation for 10 people, at 10:15 they told us they were closing and we needed to go. It was a very awkward, unsatisfactory experience.
- Vegan and vegetarian restcinemasteDined on 1/1/2013Vegan and vegetarian rest which means no 'accidental' meat in your dishesSpecial Features:
- Great Indian restaurant !!CHILLVIPDined on 12/30/2012Great Indian restaurant on Indian row. We had 2 Thali plates and 2 drinks through Groupon. They were accommodating to me for my gluten free corn free diet. Great food. We will go back.Special Features:
- good food, very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Waitresses are mostly curt and unobliging, the hostess is especially in-your-face rude. Food's not bad, but being greeted by the rude hostess soon as you enter, dampens the experience.
- Another win in Murray Hill!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012We went to Bhojan on a friend's recommendation and we are glad we did. We made a reservation and were seated right away. Quarters are kinda close in the back, but we avoided the front since it was 25 degress out. I was a little concerned at first given there isn't really a wine list. They only carry one brand and the list says: Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonay, etc. When I asked about the wine, it was not clear at first.....but, no worries, we selected the Cab, it was very nice and were were satisfied. We choose a selection of appetizers - all were very good. Special mention was the Bhel, which is not normally something I enjoy, but it was great. Overall good experience. Good service. Excellent food. We will go back next time.Special Features:
- Vegans be cautiousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012I was excited about this place since it has a vegan menu. However, I was less excited when I saw that yogurt was in one of the dishes on the vegan menu, which indicates that they clearly do not know what Vegan means. We ordered two dishes shared between us - the Aloo Gobi was AMAZING, but the Daal was very bland and left a lot to be desired which was very surprising (even at sub-par Indian restaurants the daal is usually a safe choice). The prices are normal but the portion sizes seem very small. The service was pretty terrible - our waitress seemed pretty grumpy and unfriendly. She never checked on us and never bothered to even refill our water.Special Features:
- We've been to Bhojan a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012We've been to Bhojan a couple of times and enjoyed it both times. the Gobi Karare is fantastic! There are several vegetarian Indian restaurants in this area, and we think this is one of the best.Special Features:
- columbia_gradOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Except breads (roti) everything was delicious. Great ambience.
- I went here on a groupon andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2012I went here on a groupon and ordered a thulis, I think it was called that. I really enjoyed it!Special Features: