BG - Bergdorf Goodman
754 5th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
BG - Bergdorf Goodman
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/restaurants
- Phone: 2128728977x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-7:00pm (Bar is open until 7:30pm), Saturday 11:30am-6:30pm, Sunday 11:30am-5:30pm
Afternoon Tea served 3-5PM daily, reservations required.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marybeth Boller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
A word from BG - Bergdorf Goodman
Sophistication on the Seventh Floor of Bergdorf Goodman with afternoon into evening Central Park views. BG is a modern interpretation of the aristocratic social salon. Like a Park Avenue residence from the age of cosmopolitan glamour. Well-appointed and bright, the drawing room atmosphere is an intimate conversational setting for lunch, tea and early supper or cocktails. The light and sparkling menu is a modern take on classic New York fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
BG - Bergdorf Goodman - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
BG - Bergdorf Goodman reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (106)scenic view (76)great for brunch (56)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (23)hot spot (19)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Afternoon Tea at BGrouxguilleDined on 10/18/2014We were lucky to get a window table (with views of CP)and whisper chairs at the same time. Perfect setting for their take on afternoon tea. Great tea, great service. Highly recommended, especially for out-of-towners in search of a NYC experience. Ladies will love this! Bring your friends... or your date ;)Special Features:
- Great shopping breakjmjrVIPDined on 10/17/2014Perfect break from shopping at BG. Food is consistently good. Reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Dining ExperiencekimfarDined on 10/16/2014We booked our lunch from Australia as it had been recommended to visit Bergdorf Goodman's restaurant to enjoy our 10th wedding anniversary. We were lucky enough to be seated by the window with a view to Central Park in the distinctive Egg Chairs. We had lobster salad and shrimp salad which were absolutely superb. There was plentiful lobster with avocado and salad and my husband said the shrimp salad was the best salad he has ever eaten. I finished with the tropical parfait which was to die for and my husband enjoyed the panna cotta with berries which he said was absolutely delicious. As it was our anniversary they very kindly made one of our desserts complimentary which topped off our experience!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantlolaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Every time my husband and I are in New York, we make sure that one afternoon is designated for lunch in this wonderful restaurant. Service is impeccable, food is fantastic and ambiance is amazing especially is you are seated with the Central Park view! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Bergdorf GoodmanlegzlieDined on 10/14/2014I had a lovely lunch Tuesday afternoon with a friend of mine. The food and service were both excellent!!Special Features:
- Afternoon teaLaurenDined on 10/4/2014Four of my girl friends and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at BG this past weekend. We took advantage of the afternoon tea with champagne and enjoyed every bit of the experience! Seated at a middle table, we were still able to enjoy the view of Central Park! The service was great, food was delicious, and we will definitely come back next time we are in the City.Special Features:
- YummOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Loved the butternut squash soup and the beet salad with roasted carrots and goat cheese was outstanding. Great place for a ladies lunch. Our waiter was priceless! So accommodating and funny. So happy he wasn't stuffy!! Definitely notes a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeStuka123VIPDined on 9/27/2014The Ambiance is just great, the service as well. Some missing ingredients in my cocktail and my fish are a glitch The main experience is good.
- Elegant and fun!MaryJDined on 9/27/2014My daughter and I had a lovely meal a table overlooking Central Park. We arrived early but were seated right away. The food was great, as always, and our server Adam took great care of us. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennymrsjuliekimDined on 9/26/2014I went here with my 1.5 year old to meet a friend for lunch and they were stroller friendly(let me Park my stroller in the front) and catered to all our needs. Service was exceptional food was OK and the view was great. Definitely a place to go with your little one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Little Secret!victoriansinNYCDined on 9/26/2014Having discovered this little gem on our last visit to Manhattan, we had to return again for a quick lunch on our trip this time. Everything was as wonderful as the last time, the food was excellent, as was the service - and the view of Central Park is a total PLUS!Special Features:
- New York BG diningLoveNYDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had lunch here. It is sometimes difficult to get in so reservations are a must. The food and beverage is outstanding. We really enjoyed our entire experience…….except: There was a lady sitting next to us, an Asian lady, whose voice was quiet penetrating and annoying. She could not use her "inside voice". So be prepared to be exposed to loud people! Even so, the experience was well worth the distraction! We highly recommend!Special Features:
- turningtorsoDined on 9/17/2014The food was not phenomenal but it wasn't bad either. The ambiance is very nice but I won't recommend this place for dinner it closes early and you can't sit down, relax and enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- Always a treatjmjrVIPDined on 9/15/2014Always a "shopping treat" and a rest stop on the 7th floor of BG.Special Features:
- Excellent spot to dineGlenMalVIPDined on 9/12/2014There was a problem and delivery of orders was delayed. Waitress apologize and brought all three of us a scumptous dessert and did not Charge to make up for the very long wait. Fair and equitable solution and we got to the theatre in before play started!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEmmaDined on 9/4/2014A very relaxing lunch. Pretty upscale ambience. Good food. Excellent service. Come often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely experienceCasperCDined on 8/31/2014The food was good, not fabulous, but combined with the atmosphere and views, I can't complain. I do, however, wish there were more vegetarian sandwiches offered with the tea and a list or menu of what's included would also be nice. We had to wait about 15 minutes beyond our reservation time for our table, but our server was excellent.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Our food was great, was guided so well by our waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at B&G!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a great place to shop and enjoy a great meal at the same time. My husband and I are in NYC for the long Labor Day weekend. We both had tasty entrees…he had the cod special and I had the oven roasted salmon. Our server, Edward, was very accommodating, even when we asked for a small salad to go with our entrees. Last but not least, overlooking Central Park as we ate our meals made the dining experience a great one!Special Features:
- Amazing Idea for Out of Town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The service here is astonishing good. I brought my 10 year old niece from out of town; the service staff made her feel like a princess, finicky palate and all (they offered off the menu buttered penne pasta). The views are tremendous, of course, looking out over the Plaza Hotel and Central Park. This is a superb place to treat yourself and take visiting friends/family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Lunch at BG is always a very special experience. The staff are friendly and attentive, always polite. The food never fails to satisfy. Perfect mother-daughter lunch venue.Special Features:
- wonderful customer serviceloveteaDined on 8/19/2014I'm surprised to find that it's located at 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman mall, and as I went up to the 7th floor by escalator, I found myself staring at women's clothes and very nice dishware sand table sets and kids clothing! The staff were very nice, they didn't treat me differently than others when I was in a t-shirt , denim shorts, and a pair if Nike shoes when others really dressed up nicely for the occasion...I didn't expect this place to be so nice, I thought it was more if a tourist got spot. Guess I was wrong. The afternoon tea was nice and the tea was terrific!!! I live the servers leaving my cousin and I alone since we really talked and had a good time being there to observe other diners...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect ladies lunchElnjoyVIPDined on 8/19/2014One of the best spots for lunching with a business associate, a girlfriend or one's daughters. Lovely decor, great service and a good assortment of options on the menu. A very NY experience...Special Features:
- just perfectNilaDined on 8/18/2014went for a family in from out of town and it was "just perfect view" as she said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for any fashionistaPrgirlcamilleDined on 8/17/2014Great Kelly Wearstler designed dining room and amazing meals. Beautiful park view and choice of champagnes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3aussiesinnycDined on 8/14/2014Very elegant surroundings away from the hustle and noise of Manhattan. Beautiful food (goats cheese ravioli and baked salmon) fantastic view overlooking the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentLLNYDined on 8/14/2014When ever we have visitors in town a trip to BG for lunch is always on the agenda. Our 3 nieces love to be 'ladies who lunch'. After a bit of shopping with my husband I can ease the pain of any purchases with a lovely glass of wine and some yummy snack. BG is definitely one of our go-to places...no thought required!Special Features:
- Luxury dept store restaurantGmoneyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great for lunch whether you're shopping or not. Great ambiance with a nice, elegant vibe and great views of Central Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with some reservationsHarp28VIPDined on 8/9/2014If you want an elegant atmosphere and a landmark view, as well as great cuisine, then BG is the place for you! Do not, however, expect great service, despite the deceiving hustle of waiters and maitres d'. Your tab will reflect the number of staff present but not their efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!BeccaladidaDined on 8/7/2014Definitely worth the high tea! Only $38 per person and you truly feel stuffed after enjoying the sandwiches, scones, and pastries. The waitstaff are also incredibly friendly and the views of Central Park of so fun. Definitely a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Loved eating their our first day in New York. Great food and great view. $$$Special Features:
- Thanks to AlexCarolbDined on 8/6/2014Alex, our server was outstanding. She anticpiated our needs, checked in regularly and was just the perfect waitstaff. She could train all others. Lovely smile. Thanks to her, we will return again to BG Cafe. But could you please repair the sound system? Every customer practically had a heart attack when the squelching began. It was awful. The obvious disappointment was the portion size. My halibut was half what it used to be and my two guests chicken was much smaller. If the prices followed suit, that would make us happy. So regrettably this will not be a spot to go often, just very special occasions.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeamemeDined on 8/4/2014Afternoon Tea at BG was a lovely experience. It is set in a beautiful room and had a lovely table with a fab view of central park. The sandwiches and cakes were both delicious, he Tea was good and the pink champagne even better! Our lovely Waiter Teddy gave us excellent service and made us feel very special. Although we have visited NYC many times this was our first visit to BG, it will now be on our "must do' list each time we return!Special Features:
- GreekGodVIPDined on 8/3/2014Bergdorf's has always had a nice lunch and we have been coming to eat the Bergdorf (now Gotham) salad for years. The organic chicken salad was simple and tasty, the beets/avocado were good and the scallops were delicious (if not heavy for lunch). Add in a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and you've got a $100+ bill for lunch. But worth it.Special Features:
- TeaTriplemomVIPDined on 8/1/2014The view is incredible and the afternoon tea lovely. Service was slow but they did recognize it and apologize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlacesaphireintoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Visiting NYC for the weekend. This was the first of many great meals for us, but definitely one of the most memorable. Booked this on Open Table, did not request a special table, but we got one with a window view. The view of central park was gorgeous, we kept gazing outside. I ordered the Lobster salad (one of the most expensive on the menu), my friend had the Shrimp salad. Both were outstanding. The wines as well, were lovely. The service was friendly and elegant. The waiter even took both our phones and charged them for us. Could have stayed there all day. I was happy to see that for such a nice place, there was no attitude that came with it's elegance. I will definitely return the next time in NYC.Special Features:
- Shopping and foodjmjrVIPDined on 7/23/2014Shopping and food. Can it get any better! Great escape from a busy day.Special Features:
- changes not good in this caseCarolbDined on 7/22/2014I'm afraid I was saddened to see so many changes on this visit to one of my past favorite spots. there wasn't one familiar face of all the lovely, attentive staff from before. It appears there has been a total regime change and it wasn't a good one. the wait staff were so slow and not friendly and not attentive. the food was okay, but not what it used to be. overall, it just made me sad to see there was no one from before and that the food was not worth the very high prices. my shrimp were slightly grilled on one side, totally steamed on the other. hope it reverts back sometime soon to the lovely, friendly place of before. one point, the gentleman on the reception desk was very welcoming, but when he left it was a very cold place.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!kitkat24Dined on 7/22/2014I took my daughter for lunch on her 18th birthday and we had the best time, best food and best service. I had requested (through Open Table) a table by the window and had a great view of Central Park. Our waiter was wonderful and overall, it was a perfect way to celebrate her 18th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionHardtopleaseVIPDined on 7/22/2014My friend and I met up at this restaurant. I had read good reviews and so we tried it. Its too bad we were too early for high tea, which I will do in the future. The salads we ate were good and the portions were adequate. Are waiter was very nice and sometime comical. The view was great and we got to sit in those fancy chairs.Special Features: