BG - Bergdorf Goodman
754 5th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
BG - Bergdorf Goodman
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/restaurants
- Phone: (212) 872-8977
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-7:00pm (Bar is open until 7:30pm), Saturday 11:30am-6:30pm, Sunday 11:30am-5:30pm
Afternoon Tea served 3-5PM daily, reservations required.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marybeth Boller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
A word from BG - Bergdorf Goodman
Sophistication on the Seventh Floor of Bergdorf Goodman with afternoon into evening Central Park views. BG is a modern interpretation of the aristocratic social salon. Like a Park Avenue residence from the age of cosmopolitan glamour. Well-appointed and bright, the drawing room atmosphere is an intimate conversational setting for lunch, tea and early supper or cocktails. The light and sparkling menu is a modern take on classic New York fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
BG - Bergdorf Goodman - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
BG - Bergdorf Goodman reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (123)scenic view (89)great for brunch (64)special occasion (57)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (26)hot spot (22)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- BummereatitDined on 11/23/2014This room is so pretty and lovely. I was so excited to take myself to eat and shop and of course people-watch while my husband was out of town. Service was a little random and on the slower side. When I opened my menu it had crumbs in it, which was gross. I ordered a daily special from a girl who I hadn't seen before as far as servers but seemed in a hurry and I told her quickly what I wanted. Everything seemed fine after that. Some bread came and my water was topped off. Then after 15 minutes a manager comes to my table to tell me the egg and sausage with sweet potato and cabbage is no longer available. Ok. I'll take the deviled eggs I guess. It really took too long for him to pass on that information and didn't even offer at the very least to buy me a coffee for the inconvenience. Which would and should have happened in an established restaurant with "good" customer service. I have worked in 5 Diamond hotel spa and resort service most of my life so I know what should be done even when it's not being done. The deviled eggs were bitter. I think they had too much lime oil? I wasn't quite sure if that was what it was but they weren't delicious. I was hungry and ate them though.Special Features:
- A NYC InstitutionnashdashVIPDined on 11/20/2014Our lunch was very good as always. Space is wonderful and the service and food was very good as well. Always try to stop here for lunch when i am in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice restaurant in a prestigious storeGroovdancerDined on 11/13/2014BG restaurant is always crowded. It he,ps to have a reservation. They give you plentyof bread. Had the steak salad for lunch. It was very good but prepared medium rare. I only wished they would have asked me how I like my streak prepared since I am not used to raw meat. Still it was an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service and elegant ambianceCHSSDined on 11/13/2014Food was all delicious and service was terrific. Soup arrived very hot (the way I like it) without having to ask for it that way, and crab salad was all real crab. My dining partner was also very happy with her food. My only concern was that the crab could have been a bit more plentiful considering the price. Service was impeccable and no one tried to rush us to pay or leave at the end of the meal. This restaurant was wildly crowded but they managed to fulfill my advance request for a window table overlooking Manhattan. Of course I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, majesticRaniaWDined on 11/12/2014We had high tea at 3pm with Veuve and it was a very relaxed and sweet environment. The view was sensational, the service was friendly and the tea was brewed perfectly, no bitterness. I will be returning for lunch I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC CHICjwtrDined on 11/11/2014BG always is the best spot for lunch after a hot shopping morning. I am addicted to the lobster napoleon and recommend it to anyone who loves lobster and pasta. The service is perfect and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea for 2NewYorkFoodieDined on 11/9/2014This is a very classy restaurant that can go from being a relaxing brunch spot to a energetic dinner. I went for afternoon tea with one other friend. It is a very nice place to escape from the world. You have a view overlooking central park and the plaza. It is a wonderful little place to decompose with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding food, reasonable priceEpicure4711VIPDined on 11/9/2014Tucked away on the 7th floor of the Bergdorf Goodman department store, this little gem boasts a romantic, classic ambience, attentive yet hip service, and outstanding food. The scallops were outstanding, the salmon unusual and yummy, the desserts fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good brunchjessica1Dined on 11/8/2014I went for a late brunch. View was amazing. Esp sitting by the window near sunset. Restaurant is clean and servers were very professional. High tea was very well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef????jmjrVIPDined on 11/5/2014Love BG, but they have a new chef who is changing some of my all time favorites. Not better! I can see adding items but changing the roasted cauliflower is not positive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Throwback to When New York Had StyleJimboDined on 11/3/2014This cafe maintains its elegance and style unlike any other eating establishment in Manhattan. The menu is limited but varied and nothing sampled has ever disappointed. My guests always admire the view and find their fellow diners fascinating. The prices are high but give good value, particularly when compared with other noted mid-Manhattan restaurants. It is such a pleasure to dine with happy memories and present day genuine satisfaction. May it never change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandieFun4occasionsDined on 11/3/2014We booked that morning to have high tea. We were given a choice of 2 tables and chose the window table near the bar with the special seats. Loved the experience and our waiter was so efficient and pleasant. They said it might be noisy/high traffic near the bar but not at all. There were mixed reviews that we read but I can recommend it. Only thing was that the sandwich bread was a bit dry on some of them, but plenty of food to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Window seat a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Dined at BG cafe on Sunday, Nov. 1 for lunch. The NYC marathon was taking place, we had a window seat with a clear view of the runners exiting the park for the final few blocks to the finish line. Very festive and fun. Aside from the view of the runners, the view of the park itself was equally delightful with the fall foliage just starting it's turn to peak color. Recommend the Gotham salad (with vingarette) or the lobster salad. Both are substantial enough for a meal yet not over-filling. I will return with out of town guests for that special NY dining experience.Special Features:
- Easy for lunchbaciDined on 10/31/2014If you are at Bergdorf's. do yourself a favor and dine at BG'sSpecial Features:
- super lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/30/2014however we ordered dessert,and they forgot about it. We finally got tired of waiting and cancelled it. The lunch itself was delicious, I ordered Sea Bass and for 430 calories it was amazing. Fantastic to have a table overlooking Central Park.Special Features:
- disappointingsmartcookie2Dined on 10/25/2014Food was stuck in the 90's, we ordered their BG special dessert for $11 it was comparable to a grocery store dessert. The service was terrible, the waiter actually rolled his eyes when I asked for a second glass of water. We love going to the cafe at Holt Renfrew in Toronto and expected the same quality. Sadly we wished that we went to the Plaza instead
- Beyond charmingNICKISFNYCDined on 10/22/2014I love BG restaurant and I have eaten here on numerous occasions I have never been disappointed. The restaurant is stellar from the staff, food to the beautiful views. This is a true Manhattan must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea at BGrouxguilleDined on 10/18/2014We were lucky to get a window table (with views of CP)and whisper chairs at the same time. Perfect setting for their take on afternoon tea. Great tea, great service. Highly recommended, especially for out-of-towners in search of a NYC experience. Ladies will love this! Bring your friends... or your date ;)Special Features:
- Great shopping breakjmjrVIPDined on 10/17/2014Perfect break from shopping at BG. Food is consistently good. Reservations a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Dining ExperiencekimfarDined on 10/16/2014We booked our lunch from Australia as it had been recommended to visit Bergdorf Goodman's restaurant to enjoy our 10th wedding anniversary. We were lucky enough to be seated by the window with a view to Central Park in the distinctive Egg Chairs. We had lobster salad and shrimp salad which were absolutely superb. There was plentiful lobster with avocado and salad and my husband said the shrimp salad was the best salad he has ever eaten. I finished with the tropical parfait which was to die for and my husband enjoyed the panna cotta with berries which he said was absolutely delicious. As it was our anniversary they very kindly made one of our desserts complimentary which topped off our experience!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantlolaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Every time my husband and I are in New York, we make sure that one afternoon is designated for lunch in this wonderful restaurant. Service is impeccable, food is fantastic and ambiance is amazing especially is you are seated with the Central Park view! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Bergdorf GoodmanlegzlieDined on 10/14/2014I had a lovely lunch Tuesday afternoon with a friend of mine. The food and service were both excellent!!Special Features:
- NicknamesarestupidVIPDined on 10/13/2014Overpriced but very good. It's always great to enjoy the Park views and the view of the plastic surgery cautionary tales. Everything here is delicious and made with elegance and love. Outstanding people watching.
- Afternoon teaLaurenDined on 10/4/2014Four of my girl friends and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at BG this past weekend. We took advantage of the afternoon tea with champagne and enjoyed every bit of the experience! Seated at a middle table, we were still able to enjoy the view of Central Park! The service was great, food was delicious, and we will definitely come back next time we are in the City.Special Features:
- YummOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Loved the butternut squash soup and the beet salad with roasted carrots and goat cheese was outstanding. Great place for a ladies lunch. Our waiter was priceless! So accommodating and funny. So happy he wasn't stuffy!! Definitely notes a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeStuka123VIPDined on 9/27/2014The Ambiance is just great, the service as well. Some missing ingredients in my cocktail and my fish are a glitch The main experience is good.
- Elegant and fun!MaryJDined on 9/27/2014My daughter and I had a lovely meal a table overlooking Central Park. We arrived early but were seated right away. The food was great, as always, and our server Adam took great care of us. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennymrsjuliekimDined on 9/26/2014I went here with my 1.5 year old to meet a friend for lunch and they were stroller friendly(let me Park my stroller in the front) and catered to all our needs. Service was exceptional food was OK and the view was great. Definitely a place to go with your little one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Little Secret!victoriansinNYCDined on 9/26/2014Having discovered this little gem on our last visit to Manhattan, we had to return again for a quick lunch on our trip this time. Everything was as wonderful as the last time, the food was excellent, as was the service - and the view of Central Park is a total PLUS!Special Features:
- New York BG diningLoveNYDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had lunch here. It is sometimes difficult to get in so reservations are a must. The food and beverage is outstanding. We really enjoyed our entire experience…….except: There was a lady sitting next to us, an Asian lady, whose voice was quiet penetrating and annoying. She could not use her "inside voice". So be prepared to be exposed to loud people! Even so, the experience was well worth the distraction! We highly recommend!Special Features:
- turningtorsoDined on 9/17/2014The food was not phenomenal but it wasn't bad either. The ambiance is very nice but I won't recommend this place for dinner it closes early and you can't sit down, relax and enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- Always a treatjmjrVIPDined on 9/15/2014Always a "shopping treat" and a rest stop on the 7th floor of BG.Special Features:
- Excellent spot to dineGlenMalVIPDined on 9/12/2014There was a problem and delivery of orders was delayed. Waitress apologize and brought all three of us a scumptous dessert and did not Charge to make up for the very long wait. Fair and equitable solution and we got to the theatre in before play started!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEmmaDined on 9/4/2014A very relaxing lunch. Pretty upscale ambience. Good food. Excellent service. Come often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely experienceCasperCDined on 8/31/2014The food was good, not fabulous, but combined with the atmosphere and views, I can't complain. I do, however, wish there were more vegetarian sandwiches offered with the tea and a list or menu of what's included would also be nice. We had to wait about 15 minutes beyond our reservation time for our table, but our server was excellent.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Our food was great, was guided so well by our waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at B&G!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a great place to shop and enjoy a great meal at the same time. My husband and I are in NYC for the long Labor Day weekend. We both had tasty entrees…he had the cod special and I had the oven roasted salmon. Our server, Edward, was very accommodating, even when we asked for a small salad to go with our entrees. Last but not least, overlooking Central Park as we ate our meals made the dining experience a great one!Special Features:
- Amazing Idea for Out of Town GuestsNancyAndBobVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service here is astonishing good. I brought my 10 year old niece from out of town; the service staff made her feel like a princess, finicky palate and all (they offered off the menu buttered penne pasta). The views are tremendous, of course, looking out over the Plaza Hotel and Central Park. This is a superb place to treat yourself and take visiting friends/family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Lunch at BG is always a very special experience. The staff are friendly and attentive, always polite. The food never fails to satisfy. Perfect mother-daughter lunch venue.Special Features:
- wonderful customer serviceloveteaDined on 8/19/2014I'm surprised to find that it's located at 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman mall, and as I went up to the 7th floor by escalator, I found myself staring at women's clothes and very nice dishware sand table sets and kids clothing! The staff were very nice, they didn't treat me differently than others when I was in a t-shirt , denim shorts, and a pair if Nike shoes when others really dressed up nicely for the occasion...I didn't expect this place to be so nice, I thought it was more if a tourist got spot. Guess I was wrong. The afternoon tea was nice and the tea was terrific!!! I live the servers leaving my cousin and I alone since we really talked and had a good time being there to observe other diners...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.