BG - Bergdorf Goodman
754 5th Ave
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
BG - Bergdorf Goodman
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/restaurants
- Phone: 2128728977x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-7:00pm (Bar is open until 7:30pm), Saturday 11:30am-6:30pm, Sunday 11:30am-5:30pm
Afternoon Tea served 3-5PM daily, reservations required.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marybeth Boller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
A word from BG - Bergdorf Goodman
Sophistication on the Seventh Floor of Bergdorf Goodman with afternoon into evening Central Park views. BG is a modern interpretation of the aristocratic social salon. Like a Park Avenue residence from the age of cosmopolitan glamour. Well-appointed and bright, the drawing room atmosphere is an intimate conversational setting for lunch, tea and early supper or cocktails. The light and sparkling menu is a modern take on classic New York fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
BG - Bergdorf Goodman - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
BG - Bergdorf Goodman reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (112)scenic view (88)great for brunch (72)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (31)hot spot (20)good for groups (12)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Dinner at B&G!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a great place to shop and enjoy a great meal at the same time. My husband and I are in NYC for the long Labor Day weekend. We both had tasty entrees…he had the cod special and I had the oven roasted salmon. Our server, Edward, was very accommodating, even when we asked for a small salad to go with our entrees. Last but not least, overlooking Central Park as we ate our meals made the dining experience a great one!Special Features:
- Amazing Idea for Out of Town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The service here is astonishing good. I brought my 10 year old niece from out of town; the service staff made her feel like a princess, finicky palate and all (they offered off the menu buttered penne pasta). The views are tremendous, of course, looking out over the Plaza Hotel and Central Park. This is a superb place to treat yourself and take visiting friends/family.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Lunch at BG is always a very special experience. The staff are friendly and attentive, always polite. The food never fails to satisfy. Perfect mother-daughter lunch venue.Special Features:
- wonderful customer serviceloveteaDined on 8/19/2014I'm surprised to find that it's located at 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman mall, and as I went up to the 7th floor by escalator, I found myself staring at women's clothes and very nice dishware sand table sets and kids clothing! The staff were very nice, they didn't treat me differently than others when I was in a t-shirt , denim shorts, and a pair if Nike shoes when others really dressed up nicely for the occasion...I didn't expect this place to be so nice, I thought it was more if a tourist got spot. Guess I was wrong. The afternoon tea was nice and the tea was terrific!!! I live the servers leaving my cousin and I alone since we really talked and had a good time being there to observe other diners...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect ladies lunchElnjoyVIPDined on 8/19/2014One of the best spots for lunching with a business associate, a girlfriend or one's daughters. Lovely decor, great service and a good assortment of options on the menu. A very NY experience...Special Features:
- just perfectNilaDined on 8/18/2014went for a family in from out of town and it was "just perfect view" as she said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for any fashionistaPrgirlcamilleDined on 8/17/2014Great Kelly Wearstler designed dining room and amazing meals. Beautiful park view and choice of champagnes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3aussiesinnycDined on 8/14/2014Very elegant surroundings away from the hustle and noise of Manhattan. Beautiful food (goats cheese ravioli and baked salmon) fantastic view overlooking the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentLLNYDined on 8/14/2014When ever we have visitors in town a trip to BG for lunch is always on the agenda. Our 3 nieces love to be 'ladies who lunch'. After a bit of shopping with my husband I can ease the pain of any purchases with a lovely glass of wine and some yummy snack. BG is definitely one of our go-to places...no thought required!Special Features:
- Luxury dept store restaurantGmoneyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great for lunch whether you're shopping or not. Great ambiance with a nice, elegant vibe and great views of Central Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with some reservationsHarp28VIPDined on 8/9/2014If you want an elegant atmosphere and a landmark view, as well as great cuisine, then BG is the place for you! Do not, however, expect great service, despite the deceiving hustle of waiters and maitres d'. Your tab will reflect the number of staff present but not their efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!BeccaladidaDined on 8/7/2014Definitely worth the high tea! Only $38 per person and you truly feel stuffed after enjoying the sandwiches, scones, and pastries. The waitstaff are also incredibly friendly and the views of Central Park of so fun. Definitely a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Loved eating their our first day in New York. Great food and great view. $$$Special Features:
- Thanks to AlexCarolbDined on 8/6/2014Alex, our server was outstanding. She anticpiated our needs, checked in regularly and was just the perfect waitstaff. She could train all others. Lovely smile. Thanks to her, we will return again to BG Cafe. But could you please repair the sound system? Every customer practically had a heart attack when the squelching began. It was awful. The obvious disappointment was the portion size. My halibut was half what it used to be and my two guests chicken was much smaller. If the prices followed suit, that would make us happy. So regrettably this will not be a spot to go often, just very special occasions.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeamemeDined on 8/4/2014Afternoon Tea at BG was a lovely experience. It is set in a beautiful room and had a lovely table with a fab view of central park. The sandwiches and cakes were both delicious, he Tea was good and the pink champagne even better! Our lovely Waiter Teddy gave us excellent service and made us feel very special. Although we have visited NYC many times this was our first visit to BG, it will now be on our "must do' list each time we return!Special Features:
- GreekGodVIPDined on 8/3/2014Bergdorf's has always had a nice lunch and we have been coming to eat the Bergdorf (now Gotham) salad for years. The organic chicken salad was simple and tasty, the beets/avocado were good and the scallops were delicious (if not heavy for lunch). Add in a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and you've got a $100+ bill for lunch. But worth it.Special Features:
- TeaTriplemomVIPDined on 8/1/2014The view is incredible and the afternoon tea lovely. Service was slow but they did recognize it and apologize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlacesaphireintoDined on 8/1/2014Visiting NYC for the weekend. This was the first of many great meals for us, but definitely one of the most memorable. Booked this on Open Table, did not request a special table, but we got one with a window view. The view of central park was gorgeous, we kept gazing outside. I ordered the Lobster salad (one of the most expensive on the menu), my friend had the Shrimp salad. Both were outstanding. The wines as well, were lovely. The service was friendly and elegant. The waiter even took both our phones and charged them for us. Could have stayed there all day. I was happy to see that for such a nice place, there was no attitude that came with it's elegance. I will definitely return the next time in NYC.Special Features:
- Shopping and foodjmjrVIPDined on 7/23/2014Shopping and food. Can it get any better! Great escape from a busy day.Special Features:
- changes not good in this caseCarolbDined on 7/22/2014I'm afraid I was saddened to see so many changes on this visit to one of my past favorite spots. there wasn't one familiar face of all the lovely, attentive staff from before. It appears there has been a total regime change and it wasn't a good one. the wait staff were so slow and not friendly and not attentive. the food was okay, but not what it used to be. overall, it just made me sad to see there was no one from before and that the food was not worth the very high prices. my shrimp were slightly grilled on one side, totally steamed on the other. hope it reverts back sometime soon to the lovely, friendly place of before. one point, the gentleman on the reception desk was very welcoming, but when he left it was a very cold place.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!kitkat24Dined on 7/22/2014I took my daughter for lunch on her 18th birthday and we had the best time, best food and best service. I had requested (through Open Table) a table by the window and had a great view of Central Park. Our waiter was wonderful and overall, it was a perfect way to celebrate her 18th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionHardtopleaseVIPDined on 7/22/2014My friend and I met up at this restaurant. I had read good reviews and so we tried it. Its too bad we were too early for high tea, which I will do in the future. The salads we ate were good and the portions were adequate. Are waiter was very nice and sometime comical. The view was great and we got to sit in those fancy chairs.Special Features:
- fun treatmeemzersDined on 7/19/2014It was a fun treat. Don't know if I'll do it again for a while though. It wasn't fantastic, just fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousVIPDined on 7/19/2014consistently terrific Always my go to Best view Always buzzing
- Elegant and fun lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/18/2014I always enjoy the food and the atmosphere here as well as the lovely service. A beautiful restaurant with excellent views of Central Park. It is the perfect place to have lunch while shopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a view.Jmk2014Dined on 7/17/2014The opportunity to dine and take in the view of Central Park was amazing. Recommend weekday lunch. Good food and service. A great non touristy location. Attentive and knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLuv2eatDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant is fabulous! The good is great and the place is decorated very nicely! One of my favorite restaurants in New York City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon TeaFionaDined on 7/14/2014I decided to treat my friend to tea at Bergdorfs for her birthday. The restaurant itself is gorgeous. We requested a seat with a view, the view of central park was spectacular. The tables are a bit close, but it was not uncomfortable. Everything on our tea tray was delicious from the tea sandwiches to the macaroons. Since it was my friend's birthday, we received a complentry chocolate mousse/cake. The cake was not too sweet and it was really creamy. I would definitely go to Bergdorfs again!Special Features:
- Great Lunch!!dineroftheyearVIPDined on 7/12/2014Fantastic lunch with my wife!! This is a must lunch every time we are in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but not good serviceFoodieduduDined on 7/12/2014We went there for lunch with a party of five people. The food is nicely done. The waiter is also nice at the beginning. However, when the food is brought to our table, they couldn't remember who orders which dish. I wish the waiter could have some control over this. Then it was coffee time after entrees and again, they could remember which kind of coffees or espresso are ordered by which person. Since we are a group of five, the tips are added to our bill automatically. So I was expecting the waiter at least remember the orders by person. I may not choose BG restaurant next time if I have important guests with me. This kind of situation was embarrassing since I was the one who picked the restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect for ladies who lunchdjpickyDined on 7/10/2014BG is a lovely, elegant restaurant with gorgeous views of Central Park. Perfect for an afternoon lunch or celebration. Food was excellent. Service was attentive. Super fun to be dressed up and dine with a girl friend!Special Features:
- Too snobbyGotsnobbedDined on 7/9/2014Working at Bergdorf Goodman simply just not make one Bergdorf. Which is why I didn't understand how my waitstaff can be so snobby. He barely helped when we asked which tea was more popular, then when we were ready to order, instead of coming to us, he decided to carry on a 10 minute conversation with another table even thought he saw us trying to wave him over. The only time he was attentive was when our check came, probably so we can leave him a good tip. The food was decent and of course the location was great, but it simply does not make up for the serviceSpecial Features:
- abknycVIPDined on 7/6/2014I went with my girlfriends for high tea..however I am pale so couldn't have it myself. I ordered the fish instead, which was insanely delicious! Every mouthful was exquisite! And a beautiful view of Central Park too! Gorgeous interior and great service! I'll be back!Special Features:
- HeavenewonderVIPDined on 7/4/2014A warm greeting. A perfect room. Stellar view of Central Park. Outstanding service. Cuisine exceeds expectations. What could be better? Oh yes...all wrapped inside the most fabulous Bergdorf Goodman in NYC. My kind of heaven-Special Features:
- ECLEmilySeaLyonsDined on 7/3/2014Charming, convenient spot for luncch or an early dinner, as the view looking north is superb. Excellent food and service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea ServiceMadaNYCDined on 7/1/2014I had the opportunity to enjoy the famous Afternoon-tea while in NYC, and even though the service was quite good, it did run a little slow considering the low number of clients they happened to have on that particular day. The sandwich-bites were delightful, but I found the scones to be a little over-cooked and dry (you can only imagine the crumble disaster I caused, given the fact that I wear braces and biting into them was not an option for me). I would like to try this restaurant again, but would definitely have an actual meal instead. P.s. : you can request to be seated in their canopy (bubble) chairs when you make your reservation, which is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opulent diningluvmyfoodDined on 6/29/2014Good choice of delicious food, attentive staff and luxurious surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to lunchLaverneVIPDined on 6/25/2014Lovely lunch at BG after a few hours spent shopping. Great view of Central Park. Attentive server. Really good croque monsieur. Tables are banquette style so there's not a lot of room or privacy...but that's NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just get the lobster saladmiddleagedfoodieVIPDined on 6/24/2014I've been there 3 times and the lobster salad was on the menu each time. I finally had it this time. Although it is the most expensive thing on the menu, don't miss it. Both my husband and I ordered it. It was incredible with lobster that tasted like it tastes in Maine on a beautiful bed of chunky avocado salad topped with the freshest, most flavorful baby greens. For the address, the wines by the glass are fairly reasonable. Even the bread is memorable. The whole grain rolls have a wonderful taste and the teeny baguettes taste almost as good as in Paris. I think the room is so beautiful, though if you're seated next to a party with voices that carry, as we were, it can be noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon tea left a bitter taste..blunderfulDined on 6/22/2014For a place that has an Afternoon Tea menu as an option, they really missed the mark on this. You get a teapot with tea leaves, but no instruction on how long to let it brew. Worse, it is not easy to remove the strainer with tea leaves from the teapot, and they don't provide an extra plate to catch the water that drips out from the strainer. The service was slow. After indicating tea had brewed for too long and was bitter, the waiter neglected to replace our bitter cups of tea cups while fetching more hot water. The variety of sandwiches was great. The flavor was ok. The scones were too sweet and hard. The sweets were perfect. But you couldn't enjoy them with the tea... so it kind of defeats the purpose. The view is great though.Special Features: