9812 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bezurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3012993000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Francis Layrle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Lydia Benaim for information on catering and private parties.
A word from Bezu
Bezu, the French term for "Kiss" brings a French Regional and Contemporary American cuisine to Potomac Village. The menu is seasonally inspired, using fresh, local and organic products when available. Our sommelier is well versed at pairing wines to enhance the dining experience. Upon arrival, relax in the restaurant's lounge and chic onyx bar and choose from a signature martini or champagne cocktail. Bezu also offers a tasting menu at the chef's table. Full catering on and off premises. Happy Hour M-F 5:00 to 6:30, and Half Price Monday wine night from our cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bezu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good bye, farewell.MabelVIPDined on 6/29/2013We are very sad for the closing of this outstanding restaurant. We hope the next one is going to be at its height.Special Features:
- great service, great food!NitiVIPDined on 6/22/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Bezu, and the staff ensured we had a wonderful time. everyone (the hostess, managers/owners, food runners, and especially our server) was great!!! The food was outstanding. ..from my mussels soup to my husband's veal chop. I've read the comments about the prices, and I have to disagree about the food being overpriced. The food appeared to be fresh and tastefully prepared. compliments to the chef and the kitchen staff. we will return and hopefully, our server (Stephano) will "work" with us again. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant but expensiveregularcustomerVIPDined on 6/22/2013Bezu is located in an upscale neighborhood strip shopping center. It is pleasant and comfortable and we loved our round table for 6. The food was good, but the prices were high, especially given the small servings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb meal in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2013In the area briefly, took a chance on this unknown little place in what is basically a strip mall. Everything was unimpeachable, from the originality of the preparations to the knowledgeable, accommodating service. We left very happy.
- Lunch specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2013We very much enjoyed the fixe-price $15.00 lunch choice good selection ànd good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerFisheyeDined on 6/15/2013I was looking for a place for an anniversary dinner, without going into downtown DC with the parking headaches and traffic. Bezu was about perfect. The waiter was knowledgeable, food was great and well presented. They have unique cocktails, and my favorite wine was on the list. All in all, it was a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for RegularsdleeVIPDined on 6/15/2013My husband took me to Bezu for my birthday. While the food was very good, we were disappointed with the experience. Bezu clearly focuses primarily on its regular patrons; we were treated as "outsiders." Not knowing the menu, we ask our waiter to describe a couple of items. He made no attempt to describe how the dish was prepared; simply said something like "as the menu says, it is grilled." My husband asked about a couple of wines (on the lower end of the menu -- $60), and his response simply was "it's acceptable." We ordered one of the "acceptable" wines, and it was excellent. I think he wanted us to order something expensive (we don't consider $60 inexpensive...). The waiter was very nice, just not helpful in navigating the menu.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!RoseBuddyDined on 6/14/2013Really enjoyed Bezu every time I've been there. This time some of us were dieting and the branzino with fennel used almost no oil, a refreshing change from most restaurants who are heavy handed with the oil. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Busy?Bethesda1VIPDined on 6/7/2013My birthday was June 7 (Friday), and we chose Bezu for the occasion. The place was very busy and my husband waited from 7:30 pm until 9:00 pm for his entree to arrive. (I got my appetizer reasonably quickly but then a long wait for entrees began.) The waiter and manager apologized profusely. Desserts were "on the house". My husband and I shared two entrees which were not as good as previous times we've had the same thing. (Roasted chicken and risotto.) I have NEVER seen Bezu so crowded. I hope this was just a "one off" experience. Our dining companions loved their food which included two soups - parsnip and seafood chowder, the calamari appetizer (subtle tomato sauce), filet mignon.Special Features:
- Service did not equal foodSachyVIPDined on 6/7/2013Great food. But the waiter treated us as if we were bumpkins who needed to learn how to behave in a fancy restaurant. The last time I ate at Bezu the service was part of what made the experience so delightful. When I pay $250 for a meal, I expect the waiter to cater to us -- when we wanted to order appetizers first and wait to order our main course, he haughtily told us that the cooking was timed -- what ever that meant. He warmed up to us a little as the evening went on -- especially as it became apparent that we were ordering wine and desserts -- but he left a very sour taste in our experience. All of my ratings are colored by the experience with the waiter.Special Features:
- LunchHungryVIPDined on 6/6/2013Wonderful food. Particularly liked the mussel and potato soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous !trinkaVIPDined on 6/5/2013This was our second time there and I would definately go back again. I had the scallops and they just melted in my mouth. This is not your normal stuffy French resturant it is very laid back and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Hidden GemtrinkaVIPDined on 5/18/2013My husband I had the 5 course tasting menu and it was out of this world excellent. I can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat on a special occasionbettyDined on 5/17/2013This is located in a shopping center, but you certainly forget that as soon as you walk in. We were treated warmly on arrival and throughout our meal from refreshing cocktails to delicious dessert. Truly fine dining. Our waiter and the staff were attentive. Lovely bread and tapenade kept us company until the apps arrived. Charcuterie with pate came with a lightly dressed pile of leaves and are almost enough for two if you're willing to share it - wish I hadn't! The duck confit was best ever and comes with fois gras sausage and lentils that will melt in your mouth. The Napoleon was not on the dessert menu but may be available. Get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFinediner123VIPDined on 5/15/2013Best scallops yet... Server Mr. Stefano was good and knew his stuff and was not overbearing. Great French restaurant ..no pretentious decor.. straight classic French..at least felt that way to me. Loved it!!we will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/14/2013Word hasnt gotten out to far about this lovely little spot. Our service was impeccable and the food delicious! My only issue was the overpriced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.MabelVIPDined on 5/12/2013Every time we visit this place we confirm its excellent french cuisine. Do not miss it!!!Special Features:
- Very friendly place to dineDeborahVIPDined on 5/11/2013It felt family run with the owner stopping by to check in us. It was very busy so the kitchen was running slow but the food was delicious. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch menu!ShmataVIPDined on 5/10/2013Price point is amazingly low and the service and food are wonderful.Special Features:
- Our favoriteRWoodBVIPDined on 5/6/2013We come here several times a year on Monday night, a night when the restaurant is not very busy and wines by the bottle are 50 percent off. The chef not only has skill, but imagination. We appreciate the fact that we can substitute for ingredients we would like to avoid. While the location is in a shopping center, the interior is calm and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTLATLADined on 5/4/2013Always a great experience. Chef Francis is so talented - every course is a treat. Wonderful service is there when something is needed but not overbearing. 10 out of 10.Special Features:
- We are regularsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2013Bezu is our go-to place. The food is always first-rate and the service very hospitable. Easy access and parking also a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, except they didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Pretty good, except they didn't tell us the price of one of the specials that happens to be $20 dollars more than anything else on the menu.Special Features:
- Always look forward to a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2013We eat at Bezu regularly. We do visit other restaurants as well. Bezu is special for us because the French food is excellent. It is never a disappointment. There are other good European style restaurants in the DC area but this one is in our own town, has plenty parking spots and great service. I also like to go with friends. When I make a reservation for Friday night I find myself looking forward to this all day in the office:)Special Features:
- Nothing compares to BezuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2013Beau is a total dining experience. From the excellent food to the wonderful service, fantastic chef and phenomenal owner. Every time well to Bezu we have a wonderful meal and a wonderful tine spent.Special Features:
- Loved ItIggyDined on 4/19/2013I loved this restaurant. The total experience from greeting to cocktails to dinner and wine was excellent. Busy Friday night. Met by the hospitable and engaging owners at the door. Bar scene was full of life and the regulars were very friendly. Cocktails were great (Manhattan and Kettle One Gimlet with fresh squeezed lime. Bartender knowledgeable and engaging. Table ready on time (get a booth if you can). The amuse bouche was a Parsnip Soup which was tasteful. Appetizers of oysters from Mass. fresh briny and plump and Nori Tuna was delish. Palate cleanser of housemade sorbet was perfect. Entrees were the Veal Chop, Pasta Riviera and Ossobuco. All were great. Go tonite. The chef is crazy good.Special Features:
- We took a friend for a specialcookieVIPDined on 4/6/2013We took a friend for a special birthday and had a wonderful time. The food and service were outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their meal and are looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Our waiter was terrible. HebabybabyDined on 4/6/2013Our waiter was terrible. He interrupted our conversation with a blow-out as soon as we sat down. He constantly asked if we wanted a bottle of wine when we told him no from the start. Both he and the busers needed a lesson in finesse as far as setting the dishes down on the table and removing dishes. Their hands should have only been on the edge of the plate -- not otherwise. The waiter was not very attentive during the meal when we required his attention. Additionally, I felt that the food was overpriced - everythign tasted good but not worth the money. I won't plan t return.
- This is the third time I'veJilesVIPDined on 4/5/2013This is the third time I've been here for lunch. The food is above average, and the wait staff are sufficiently attentive. However, there is a consistent problem. It takes an extraordinarily long time for any food, even the simplest salad to be served at the table. This is really bad - up to a 45 minute or longer wait for a hamburger and a chicken Caesar salad this last time. If this were a one-time occurrence, it might be excusable, but this is no exception, it is the rule.
- We love Bezu!!I8thereVIPDined on 4/2/2013We love Bezu and it's been our "go to" restaurant for quite a while when we are in the area. On any given night, you will be warmly greeted by Eddie, the owner, and can expect a terrific meal experience. The menu offers of a variety of delicious dishes, nightly specials and desserts, along with a tasting menu. I have had the duck breast twice and it is truly outstanding! Be sure to make a reservation if you plan to eat towards the end of the week! The dining area is fairly small and fills up fast! Or cozy up to the trendy bar where you may spot a local celebrity or two! I've even enjoyed a few meals there by myself. Bezu truly is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Chef Francis is amazing, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2013Chef Francis is amazing, especially with his choice of cheeses. all in all it was a fantastic dinnerSpecial Features:
- You cannot go wrongMabelVIPDined on 3/19/2013This time we went with some friends to celebrate one promotion and, as always, everybody enjoyed their selection. Really it is one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Went to Bezu for a birthdayhrsachsDined on 3/19/2013Went to Bezu for a birthday celebration with my spouse. Food was outstanding as was its presentation. Staff were very attentive. Will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013This meal was delish! The onion soup was perfect (cheese was amazing) and the warm bread and olive pâté left you wanting more. The duck with orange sauce was cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. The seafood pasta was one of the best we have ad with perfectly cooked scallops and tasty mussels. Dessert .. The special was a housemade Napoleon which was huge, and filled to the brim with flaky crust, strawberries, cream and custard. Perfection! We'd absolutely go again. Well done!Special Features:
- Delicious lemon crêpesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/25/2013Took the prix-fixe menu Tuesday Feb 25. Everything was delicious. Dessert is usually not my favorite part of the meal (yes, I know...) but I had the lemon crêpes and honestly you can't die before having tasted those. The crêpes were paper thin yet somehow the chef managed to get them filled with a delicate creamy filling that had a subtle lemon taste. Loved it!Special Features:
- Trifecta!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The food (appetizers, entrees and deserts) were all exceptional. It's not easy to find a kitchen that can hit on all three. David GageSpecial Features:
- Outstanding meal, but no espressoRWoodBVIPDined on 2/18/2013We are regulars at Bezu, but our most recent experience was the best ever. We shared the salmon carpaccio, tuna tartare, and moules mariniere. All were exceptionally flavorful. The Rockpile petite sirah at half price (as is the Monday night special) was a real bargain. The only disappointment of the evening was that the espresso machine was broken. We keep back-ups to our espresso machine, fail-safe stove top espresso makers with a capacity of two, four and eight cups respectively--an investment of just over $100. Why can't a restaurant do the same?Special Features:
- perfect for a romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Wonderful place for a romantic evening: incredible service and outstanding food!Special Features:
- First time and food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013First time and food was great! Great Service! Little bit slow in beginning... Food mixed Mediterranean and French...Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The food was very good but the service was subpar. The waiter did not describe the specials and instaed simply stated that they had snapper and sole. He did not say how they were prepared and when asked got it wrong. The price of an entree on the bill did not match the price on the menu. The manager apologized and honored the lower price but described it as the menu being wrong (suggesting we should be happy that we got a deal). I liked the food so I might go back and see if service has improved.