1507 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatbetty.com/
- Phone: 2063523773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Serbousek / Jesse Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Betty
Much like her sibling down the hill, Betty serves a rotating menu of bistro-style food using seasonal ingredients. We are centrally located amongst the trendy businesses along Queen Anne Avenue's bustling business district - step inside to our inviting yet eclectic and sophisticated atmosphere, featuring art by Bay Area artist, Judah Thomas. The restaurant offers seating in either our dining room or at the chef's counter where you can watch our talented chefs at work. Betty also has a full bar and lounge and a superb wine list with values from around the globe. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Betty - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Betty reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (39)romantic (15)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Inviting, Great Food, A1 ServiceSeeyouthereDined on 10/28/2014The title says it all. We will be back for sure. Reservations are a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat at the bar to kitchenMJGIRLY22Dined on 10/27/2014My husband and I visited on a Seattle Restaurant Week and got one 3 course for $30. The soup, roasted red pepper and tomato, was amazing! Highlight of the meal. We were sitting at the bar which overlooked to the kitchen and was great entertainment! Between the soup and main course, we waited for over 15 minutes to receive our chicken and Betty Burger. I had the roasted chicken with brussel sprouts and potatoes, which unfortunately were under seasoned. I asked for salt which was provided to me quickly. The burgers and fries were delicious! We finished our meal with a apple cake, and loved it! Overall it was a good dinner, but the chicken was nothing to rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Betty is a WinnerCinderella28Dined on 10/27/2014First time dining here and my husband and I will definitely be back. Carnivore and Veggie meals were great. Good beer & drink list. Fabulous desserts, out of the ordinary and delicious. Pretty quiet when we got there at 6, but booming and noisy by the time we left at 7:30. The whole atmosphere was exciting though and can't wait to take friends back with us.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotoldschoolfoodieDined on 10/27/2014I love the comfortable, lively, cozy atmosphere of Betty. The menu is brief but everything on it is well-prepared and delicious! The staff is attentive but low-key and friendly, the prices are reasonable and the wine list is decent -- you can choose from a great list of wines as part of their $20 bottle promotion in the early part of the week. The choices by the glass are good too. I had a wonderful, falling-off-the-bone lamb shank for my most recent dinner at Betty. I started with a kale salad that surprised me with flavor and tender stalks of fresh kale (I feared it would be tough and chewy). A wonderful meal and a great place to meet a friend for a catch up over food and wine.Special Features:
- Go for the ChickenMellyBVIPDined on 10/26/2014I probably visit Betty once a week. I always tell myself I'm going to have something other than the Chicken. Then I get there, and alas, Betty Chicken. It's superb. Crispy pan fried on the outside, finished in a hot oven with wonderful seasonings and seasonal veggies. The staff is always friendly, never feel rushed. Go on a Tuesday when they have great bottles of wine for only $20. Love my Betty ChickenSpecial Features:
- good foodslashlibVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had the cheese plate, the special soup (red pepper), the scallops special and the lamb shank. The soup, scallops and lamb were very good. The cheese plate was OK. There was a raging storm outside which added to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Had delicious meals with excellent service. Try the Betty Draper cocktail. Will not disappoint. Seared scallops, pork chop and oven roasted chicken were flavorful and moist. Noise level was high and a bit annoying at times. However it was not a constant. Yummy desserts. Great service from all staff. Not pressured to eat and leave table for another seating. Relaxed dining. Definitely recommend this restaurant for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited on a Friday...CalgaryNativeDined on 10/24/2014Enjoyed the restaurant, but we were put back in the bar area, where there was obviously an after work crowd. While the noise wasn't deafening, we were aware that it was a full house in the area. Should have asked for main dining area, but even it filled up, but not as enclosed. Pleased with the food, portions generous. Service a little slow, but they were busy....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantWdeeDined on 10/22/2014Comfort food in a comfortable setting. We liked it a lot, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Betty.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Wonderful dinner, we come all the way across town to dine here. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- generous and flavorfulmasteryandmagicgratefulDined on 10/22/2014Dine Out Seattle brought us to Betty's for the first (but not the last) time! Service was friendly and efficient, ambiance casual and relaxed, the food is what set it apart. Delicious appetizers of Tomato soup and Kale Salad were flavorful beyond expectation for these traditional offerings. Lamb Shank would have made my mother's good cooking table with tender meat and well reduced braised vegetables flavoring the shank and creamy polenta it was served with it. The desserts were memorably flavorful! The Prosecco Pear sorbet was bowl licking worthy and the Rosemary apple cake was light, tender and the perfect apple not too sweet note to end a homey but refined and delicious meal. Thank you for such a lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- Go for the chefs barMooTooDined on 10/18/2014Betty's is a great find at the hip of Queen Anne Hill. It's a vibrant little restaurant with a polished and professional feel. We've diner here on a number of occasions and always had good service and great food. I'd thoroughly recommend the chefs table/bar as a great place to sit. You can watch, fascinated by the fluid actions of Ben and the other chefs (compliments to Ben on a job well done!) as you amuse your palette the options available. Well worth a visit - local or otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicioussessieDined on 10/10/2014Our party of four all felt we had a superb dinner. The server was knowledgeable and very pleasant. great neighborhood retaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Betty, againDaveVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our daughter and family live on Queen Anne so we dine at Betty quiet often. Good food and service consistently.Special Features:
- Loved it!rocket5Dined on 10/1/2014We sat at the chef's counter which is great fun. Although Chef was busy, he did have time for a bit of banter. We shared a butter lettuce salad, fresh and crisp and very tasty and each of us had the cod, which was fantastic. Cooked medium rare over beans and mushrooms, done al dente. Friendly staff and the only slight glitch in service was a delay between salad an the entrée. I think our order got shoved back a bit. Not a big deal because the wine, an Oregon pinto gris for under $30 was sensational. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Pre-function & late night hangoutMikeDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed ourselves - sat at the counter ordered the lamb - fantastic experience watching the chefs do their thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!BallarddinerDined on 9/27/2014The braised lamb dish was to die for, and their special lemon cream dessert was amazing! Just excellent all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for girls night!Kristinalong11Dined on 9/23/2014Have been here a few times with girlfriends and have always had a great time. The service is great, the menu is delicious (get the roasted chicken!) and the vibe is very chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night WarmthMECADined on 9/19/2014Always a lovely evening. Menu is only one page but offers something for everyone. Best seats are at the counter overlooking the grill, if you don't mind the heat. There is always the steak and frites and burger and frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for the amazing fritesRitzaDined on 9/13/2014Loved the food! We have been meaning to dine there. I have a friend who raves about the food. It was everything we heard and more! Thanks for living up to her review. :) My son is going to school nearby, we will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Betty Always ImpressesAshleySDined on 9/12/2014As if the amazing food wasn't enough, the waitstaff provides customer service that always goes above and beyond. Our waitress came by to apologize our food was taking longer than usual, and brought us the second appetizer we had considered, for free. She remembered what we had wanted and ordered it without us asking as a gesture of good will. She also took a drink off the bill that I didn't finish because she knew I wasn't enjoying it as much as Betty would like me to. I can't say enough about this place, I always feel like royalty when I eat here and the price point is really impressive for the amazing quality you get. If I could live here, I would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fail chickenlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014The chicken is consistently excellent. I've has it several times.Special Features:
- dinner4ThreeDined on 9/8/2014Excellent food and service! It was a special good bye dinner for dear friends and we were NOT disappointed!!!Special Features:
- LOUD table ruined our experiencestevemarseattleVIPDined on 9/4/2014Though no fault of the restaurant, we were seated next to an extremely loud table of women. No courtesy whatsoever from these obnoxious ladies. My dinner companion and I had to practically scream at on another for conversation. Aside from that the food was great and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantCynFinnellVIPDined on 8/29/2014Betty is home :) The staff, the food, the welcome are always special. Thank you for creating such a special place.Special Features:
- Hot spot on the counterbalanceIssaquahFAVDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service and friendly staff. One of our go to spots in Seattle.Special Features:
- Old reliableRSRSDined on 8/24/2014I live on Queen Anne and frequently dine at Betty. Never disappointed. The menu changes from time to time, and always features interesting combinations. Excellent cuisine. The chef does a great job. Service is always very friendly but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to par!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014We go to Betty's on a regular basis. This evening service was a little off! It took over 20 minutes to get our drinks, excuse given the bartender was a little overwhelmed! Not the best way to start a dining experience! That bring said, service got better and the food was exceptional like always! The BLT salad was delicious and one of our guests had the lamb chops and said it was the best ever! The roasted chicken and steak frites were excellent! Overall, the night was good and we will write off the slow service at first as an unexplainable happening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!JenDavisonDined on 8/19/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my grandmother's 93rd birthday. The requirements were: vegetarian options, options that weren't too "crazy", and not too loud of a space. And I wanted something rather tasty, not boring. Well this hit all of those requirements. Great service, delicious cocktails and food, and a lovely atmosphere: relatively dark but not too much, music but not too loud. Would definitely go back--the risotto balls were amazeballs and the lemon dessert was unbelievable. Thanks!Special Features:
- Nice relaxing Sunday night dinnerMJLMOMDined on 8/17/2014The menu is limited though this usually means that what they do, they do it well. Betty is no exception. The risotto balls were generous and excellent, enough for 3 to share. The rib eye steak was a perfect sized portion and tender and delicious. The hamburger was a "hamburger" with yummy fries. The Bacon salad was great. The chocolate cake dessert was scrumptious and rich. The prices were reasonable, especially with the 20 bottles of wine to choose from at $20.00 each! The most impressive part was when I left an expensive pair of sunglasses there and called left a message there, they called me back stating they had found them. Thanks, Betty!Special Features:
- An old reliableRSRSDined on 8/16/2014I live on Queen Anne and Betty is just a few minutes away. So convenient, so good in every way. The noise level can be a bit of a downer, but what restaurant these days isn't excessively noisy? I also volunteer at the Seattle Art Museum at the information desk, and have a number of times recommended Betty to tourists - and locals. Food is excellent - interesting combinations - and the service is always friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Betty, Yay!browshaperDined on 8/9/2014I love Betty. They have a really good happy hour. Also, I am allergic to gluten and they are a great menu for that. They don't just add flour to everything, even their mole has no flour. The staff is great, and I am so happy we have a place like this on top of the hill. Great wine list, I love the Cote Du Rhone.Special Features:
- Great little queen anne spotTheCoonsDined on 8/2/2014The tables are small, though fairly well spaced. Seems as though the Chef's counter would be a treat. Watching the team work is always fun. Staff was super friendly, and the service was great. Best steak i've had in a while - cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Amazing diamond in roughCoryVIPDined on 8/1/2014You wouldn't know it was there nor would you know the food was world class until you ate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeahOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014Was excited to try Betty based upon the menu - some of the food was very delicious (salad, melon/proscetteou (sp) and oysters) Dinner was hit or miss. One had the roasted chicken - excellent! The other 3 had the ribeye - one was great - the other two were mostly fat and gristle. NOT appealing - I think I had 5 bites that were meat - and that was it. Dessert was also a hit - their Lemon Cream dessert was just lovely. I would try it again, but never get the steak again - too risky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We sat at the bar and the bartender was very nice, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Betty never disappointsFoodie32Dined on 7/17/2014Amazing food all the time. Great friendly service. This is one of our faves for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server great, but service S-L-O-WClayinSeattleDined on 7/16/2014now granted, she offered to comp one of the appetizers, but that really speaks to how slow the service really was. She did keep apologizing for how long it was taking, but the fact is, it took REALLY long, and we were hungry. We didn't dawdle and it was over 2 hours start to finish. We probably waited 25 minutes for our drinks and another 20 after that for our first appetizers. We pre-ordered the chicken, but it still took over an hour. It was crazy slow. And it wasn't that busy, so I don't get it. Food was great thoughSpecial Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The food was fantastic, the staff very professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Wow!FoodsterDined on 7/8/2014One of the best meals ever! The lamb was off the charts and the smore dessert was the perfect mix of light airy chocolate and home made graham cracker. Ask for angie and have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 224 reviews are from the Betty reviews archive.