1507 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatbetty.com/
- Phone: 2063523773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Serbousek / Jesse Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Betty
Much like her sibling down the hill, Betty serves a rotating menu of bistro-style food using seasonal ingredients. We are centrally located amongst the trendy businesses along Queen Anne Avenue's bustling business district - step inside to our inviting yet eclectic and sophisticated atmosphere, featuring art by Bay Area artist, Judah Thomas. The restaurant offers seating in either our dining room or at the chef's counter where you can watch our talented chefs at work. Betty also has a full bar and lounge and a superb wine list with values from around the globe. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Betty - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Betty reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (14)romantic (11)good for groups (8)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Pre-function & late night hangoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed ourselves - sat at the counter ordered the lamb - fantastic experience watching the chefs do their thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The braised lamb dish was to die for, and their special lemon cream dessert was amazing! Just excellent all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for girls night!Kristinalong11Dined on 9/23/2014Have been here a few times with girlfriends and have always had a great time. The service is great, the menu is delicious (get the roasted chicken!) and the vibe is very chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night WarmthMECADined on 9/19/2014Always a lovely evening. Menu is only one page but offers something for everyone. Best seats are at the counter overlooking the grill, if you don't mind the heat. There is always the steak and frites and burger and frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for the amazing fritesRitzaDined on 9/13/2014Loved the food! We have been meaning to dine there. I have a friend who raves about the food. It was everything we heard and more! Thanks for living up to her review. :) My son is going to school nearby, we will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Betty Always ImpressesAshleySDined on 9/12/2014As if the amazing food wasn't enough, the waitstaff provides customer service that always goes above and beyond. Our waitress came by to apologize our food was taking longer than usual, and brought us the second appetizer we had considered, for free. She remembered what we had wanted and ordered it without us asking as a gesture of good will. She also took a drink off the bill that I didn't finish because she knew I wasn't enjoying it as much as Betty would like me to. I can't say enough about this place, I always feel like royalty when I eat here and the price point is really impressive for the amazing quality you get. If I could live here, I would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fail chickenlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014The chicken is consistently excellent. I've has it several times.Special Features:
- dinner4ThreeDined on 9/8/2014Excellent food and service! It was a special good bye dinner for dear friends and we were NOT disappointed!!!Special Features:
- LOUD table ruined our experiencestevemarseattleVIPDined on 9/4/2014Though no fault of the restaurant, we were seated next to an extremely loud table of women. No courtesy whatsoever from these obnoxious ladies. My dinner companion and I had to practically scream at on another for conversation. Aside from that the food was great and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantCynFinnellVIPDined on 8/29/2014Betty is home :) The staff, the food, the welcome are always special. Thank you for creating such a special place.Special Features:
- Hot spot on the counterbalanceIssaquahFAVDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service and friendly staff. One of our go to spots in Seattle.Special Features:
- Old reliableRSRSDined on 8/24/2014I live on Queen Anne and frequently dine at Betty. Never disappointed. The menu changes from time to time, and always features interesting combinations. Excellent cuisine. The chef does a great job. Service is always very friendly but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to par!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014We go to Betty's on a regular basis. This evening service was a little off! It took over 20 minutes to get our drinks, excuse given the bartender was a little overwhelmed! Not the best way to start a dining experience! That bring said, service got better and the food was exceptional like always! The BLT salad was delicious and one of our guests had the lamb chops and said it was the best ever! The roasted chicken and steak frites were excellent! Overall, the night was good and we will write off the slow service at first as an unexplainable happening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!JenDavisonDined on 8/19/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my grandmother's 93rd birthday. The requirements were: vegetarian options, options that weren't too "crazy", and not too loud of a space. And I wanted something rather tasty, not boring. Well this hit all of those requirements. Great service, delicious cocktails and food, and a lovely atmosphere: relatively dark but not too much, music but not too loud. Would definitely go back--the risotto balls were amazeballs and the lemon dessert was unbelievable. Thanks!Special Features:
- Nice relaxing Sunday night dinnerMJLMOMDined on 8/17/2014The menu is limited though this usually means that what they do, they do it well. Betty is no exception. The risotto balls were generous and excellent, enough for 3 to share. The rib eye steak was a perfect sized portion and tender and delicious. The hamburger was a "hamburger" with yummy fries. The Bacon salad was great. The chocolate cake dessert was scrumptious and rich. The prices were reasonable, especially with the 20 bottles of wine to choose from at $20.00 each! The most impressive part was when I left an expensive pair of sunglasses there and called left a message there, they called me back stating they had found them. Thanks, Betty!Special Features:
- An old reliableRSRSDined on 8/16/2014I live on Queen Anne and Betty is just a few minutes away. So convenient, so good in every way. The noise level can be a bit of a downer, but what restaurant these days isn't excessively noisy? I also volunteer at the Seattle Art Museum at the information desk, and have a number of times recommended Betty to tourists - and locals. Food is excellent - interesting combinations - and the service is always friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Betty, Yay!browshaperDined on 8/9/2014I love Betty. They have a really good happy hour. Also, I am allergic to gluten and they are a great menu for that. They don't just add flour to everything, even their mole has no flour. The staff is great, and I am so happy we have a place like this on top of the hill. Great wine list, I love the Cote Du Rhone.Special Features:
- Great little queen anne spotTheCoonsDined on 8/2/2014The tables are small, though fairly well spaced. Seems as though the Chef's counter would be a treat. Watching the team work is always fun. Staff was super friendly, and the service was great. Best steak i've had in a while - cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Amazing diamond in roughCoryVIPDined on 8/1/2014You wouldn't know it was there nor would you know the food was world class until you ate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeahOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014Was excited to try Betty based upon the menu - some of the food was very delicious (salad, melon/proscetteou (sp) and oysters) Dinner was hit or miss. One had the roasted chicken - excellent! The other 3 had the ribeye - one was great - the other two were mostly fat and gristle. NOT appealing - I think I had 5 bites that were meat - and that was it. Dessert was also a hit - their Lemon Cream dessert was just lovely. I would try it again, but never get the steak again - too risky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We sat at the bar and the bartender was very nice, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Betty never disappointsFoodie32Dined on 7/17/2014Amazing food all the time. Great friendly service. This is one of our faves for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server great, but service S-L-O-WClayinSeattleDined on 7/16/2014now granted, she offered to comp one of the appetizers, but that really speaks to how slow the service really was. She did keep apologizing for how long it was taking, but the fact is, it took REALLY long, and we were hungry. We didn't dawdle and it was over 2 hours start to finish. We probably waited 25 minutes for our drinks and another 20 after that for our first appetizers. We pre-ordered the chicken, but it still took over an hour. It was crazy slow. And it wasn't that busy, so I don't get it. Food was great thoughSpecial Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The food was fantastic, the staff very professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Wow!FoodsterDined on 7/8/2014One of the best meals ever! The lamb was off the charts and the smore dessert was the perfect mix of light airy chocolate and home made graham cracker. Ask for angie and have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-show spotgljr76Dined on 6/28/2014Had dinner here prior to an event at Key Arena. Second visit was even better than the first. Fresh ingredients, seasonal specials, wonderful bar. Wine list and menu are brief but reflect great taste and good value. We really enjoy our times at Betty.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and serviceScidMarkDined on 6/27/2014Menu doesn't change too often (just like its sister restaurant Crow). Both are serve consistently good food and have great service. The wine list is light on quality WA wines (a personal favorite). Oh and dat cassoulet in the winter...cannot be beat in Seattle.Special Features:
- decent happy hourCharlieDined on 6/18/2014They have a decent happy hour and nice patio! Oysters were yummySpecial Features:
- Mostly greatseattlehornDined on 6/10/2014We chose Betty for a special celebration. We had two amazing appetizers (grilled squid and an asparagus salad) but our entrees were a mixed lot, with the halibut and pea greens lovely, the lamb decent, and the pork loin way too spicy. It tasted as if an entire jar of pepper was dumped in the sauce, making the entire plate inedible. Our waiter was so busy it took at least 15 minutes for him to check on us. It was getting late for us, and although he was apologetic and offered to comp a salad (!), we opted for a quick dessert instead, and were pleased with the rhubarb pie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2014Excellent food and service, good place for a family when you want fine dining.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Betty reviews archive.
- A real King in Queen AnnIssaquahFAVDined on 5/31/2014Great little spot tucked in at the top of the counterbalance. Menu is unique and fresh and prices are reasonable. We will be back to enjoy the ambiance and kind wait staff.Special Features:
- Yummy FoodPeaceladyDined on 5/31/2014We dined at Betty before we went to the James Taylor concert. We had never been before. It is very cool, casual place with delicious food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great cocktails and a small but sufficient wine list. I would reccommend it to friends.Special Features:
- kathyDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful, relaxing dinner. Good service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for your meat fix!KatieEatsDined on 5/24/2014They definitely know how to cook their meat to perfection. From the steak to the lamb chops, it all melts in your mouth and keeps you coming back for more. My favorite meat they cook is their pork loin though--my husband and I have been here 4 times just because we crave their pork loin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great, service so-soAmberDined on 5/23/2014The menu was linited but the food was great! However, we were greeted by a hostess without a smile and noone shared any information with us about the specials. In general, staff seemed a little unfriendly but food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good atmospherelovetodineVIPDined on 5/21/2014Overall, the service and food was good. However, my salad and my steak was very salty. I ended up drinking 3 glasses of water during the meal and was too full to eat anything else.Special Features:
- Dinner at BettyGardengirlDined on 5/19/2014Betty is a delight. We've eaten there a number of times and figured that it was time to share the love. At Betty the food is never over-seasoned (read over-salted, my pet peeve). And we love the fun and attentive wait-staff at Betty. The menu is not huge, but has all the bases covered with fresh and seasonal choices. The food is delicious and well prepared. We were recently there on a warm evening, and the windows were open to the Upper Queen Anne ambience. Nice and casual but still with a touch of class, Betty is a perfect place for a relaxed evening meal and conversation between friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great serviceseattlecDined on 5/17/2014I've been here twice and both times everything has been excellent - food, beverages, service, atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The Pan Roasted ChickeniheartdiningoutDined on 5/15/2014Is delicious!! I split this dish with my daughter because it is plenty for two. We even had a leftover snack portion that was excellent the next day! We also shared the shaved asparagus and arugula salad. A perfect dinner.Special Features:
- QA Place to go toQAdenizenDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mother's Day early dinner in the lounge during Happy Hour. The offerings were good value and the bar bites for appes worked well. She enjoyed the corn soup and I had the burger; both were very good and of good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.