1507 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatbetty.com/
- Phone: 2063523773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Craig Serbousek / Jesse Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Betty
Much like her sibling down the hill, Betty serves a rotating menu of bistro-style food using seasonal ingredients. We are centrally located amongst the trendy businesses along Queen Anne Avenue's bustling business district - step inside to our inviting yet eclectic and sophisticated atmosphere, featuring art by Bay Area artist, Judah Thomas. The restaurant offers seating in either our dining room or at the chef's counter where you can watch our talented chefs at work. Betty also has a full bar and lounge and a superb wine list with values from around the globe. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Betty - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Betty reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (16)romantic (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Service not up to par!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014We go to Betty's on a regular basis. This evening service was a little off! It took over 20 minutes to get our drinks, excuse given the bartender was a little overwhelmed! Not the best way to start a dining experience! That bring said, service got better and the food was exceptional like always! The BLT salad was delicious and one of our guests had the lamb chops and said it was the best ever! The roasted chicken and steak frites were excellent! Overall, the night was good and we will write off the slow service at first as an unexplainable happening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!JenDavisonDined on 8/19/2014We had dinner here to celebrate my grandmother's 93rd birthday. The requirements were: vegetarian options, options that weren't too "crazy", and not too loud of a space. And I wanted something rather tasty, not boring. Well this hit all of those requirements. Great service, delicious cocktails and food, and a lovely atmosphere: relatively dark but not too much, music but not too loud. Would definitely go back--the risotto balls were amazeballs and the lemon dessert was unbelievable. Thanks!Special Features:
- Nice relaxing Sunday night dinnerMJLMOMDined on 8/17/2014The menu is limited though this usually means that what they do, they do it well. Betty is no exception. The risotto balls were generous and excellent, enough for 3 to share. The rib eye steak was a perfect sized portion and tender and delicious. The hamburger was a "hamburger" with yummy fries. The Bacon salad was great. The chocolate cake dessert was scrumptious and rich. The prices were reasonable, especially with the 20 bottles of wine to choose from at $20.00 each! The most impressive part was when I left an expensive pair of sunglasses there and called left a message there, they called me back stating they had found them. Thanks, Betty!Special Features:
- An old reliableRSRSDined on 8/16/2014I live on Queen Anne and Betty is just a few minutes away. So convenient, so good in every way. The noise level can be a bit of a downer, but what restaurant these days isn't excessively noisy? I also volunteer at the Seattle Art Museum at the information desk, and have a number of times recommended Betty to tourists - and locals. Food is excellent - interesting combinations - and the service is always friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Betty, Yay!browshaperDined on 8/9/2014I love Betty. They have a really good happy hour. Also, I am allergic to gluten and they are a great menu for that. They don't just add flour to everything, even their mole has no flour. The staff is great, and I am so happy we have a place like this on top of the hill. Great wine list, I love the Cote Du Rhone.Special Features:
- Great little queen anne spotTheCoonsDined on 8/2/2014The tables are small, though fairly well spaced. Seems as though the Chef's counter would be a treat. Watching the team work is always fun. Staff was super friendly, and the service was great. Best steak i've had in a while - cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Amazing diamond in roughCoryVIPDined on 8/1/2014You wouldn't know it was there nor would you know the food was world class until you ate there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeahOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014Was excited to try Betty based upon the menu - some of the food was very delicious (salad, melon/proscetteou (sp) and oysters) Dinner was hit or miss. One had the roasted chicken - excellent! The other 3 had the ribeye - one was great - the other two were mostly fat and gristle. NOT appealing - I think I had 5 bites that were meat - and that was it. Dessert was also a hit - their Lemon Cream dessert was just lovely. I would try it again, but never get the steak again - too risky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We sat at the bar and the bartender was very nice, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Betty never disappointsFoodie32Dined on 7/17/2014Amazing food all the time. Great friendly service. This is one of our faves for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server great, but service S-L-O-WClayinSeattleDined on 7/16/2014now granted, she offered to comp one of the appetizers, but that really speaks to how slow the service really was. She did keep apologizing for how long it was taking, but the fact is, it took REALLY long, and we were hungry. We didn't dawdle and it was over 2 hours start to finish. We probably waited 25 minutes for our drinks and another 20 after that for our first appetizers. We pre-ordered the chicken, but it still took over an hour. It was crazy slow. And it wasn't that busy, so I don't get it. Food was great thoughSpecial Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The food was fantastic, the staff very professional and friendly.Special Features:
- Wow!FoodsterDined on 7/8/2014One of the best meals ever! The lamb was off the charts and the smore dessert was the perfect mix of light airy chocolate and home made graham cracker. Ask for angie and have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-show spotgljr76Dined on 6/28/2014Had dinner here prior to an event at Key Arena. Second visit was even better than the first. Fresh ingredients, seasonal specials, wonderful bar. Wine list and menu are brief but reflect great taste and good value. We really enjoy our times at Betty.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and serviceScidMarkDined on 6/27/2014Menu doesn't change too often (just like its sister restaurant Crow). Both are serve consistently good food and have great service. The wine list is light on quality WA wines (a personal favorite). Oh and dat cassoulet in the winter...cannot be beat in Seattle.Special Features:
- decent happy hourCharlieDined on 6/18/2014They have a decent happy hour and nice patio! Oysters were yummySpecial Features:
- Mostly greatseattlehornDined on 6/10/2014We chose Betty for a special celebration. We had two amazing appetizers (grilled squid and an asparagus salad) but our entrees were a mixed lot, with the halibut and pea greens lovely, the lamb decent, and the pork loin way too spicy. It tasted as if an entire jar of pepper was dumped in the sauce, making the entire plate inedible. Our waiter was so busy it took at least 15 minutes for him to check on us. It was getting late for us, and although he was apologetic and offered to comp a salad (!), we opted for a quick dessert instead, and were pleased with the rhubarb pie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2014Excellent food and service, good place for a family when you want fine dining.Special Features:
- A real King in Queen AnnIssaquahFAVDined on 5/31/2014Great little spot tucked in at the top of the counterbalance. Menu is unique and fresh and prices are reasonable. We will be back to enjoy the ambiance and kind wait staff.Special Features:
- Yummy FoodPeaceladyDined on 5/31/2014We dined at Betty before we went to the James Taylor concert. We had never been before. It is very cool, casual place with delicious food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great cocktails and a small but sufficient wine list. I would reccommend it to friends.Special Features:
- kathyDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful, relaxing dinner. Good service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for your meat fix!KatieEatsDined on 5/24/2014They definitely know how to cook their meat to perfection. From the steak to the lamb chops, it all melts in your mouth and keeps you coming back for more. My favorite meat they cook is their pork loin though--my husband and I have been here 4 times just because we crave their pork loin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great, service so-soAmberDined on 5/23/2014The menu was linited but the food was great! However, we were greeted by a hostess without a smile and noone shared any information with us about the specials. In general, staff seemed a little unfriendly but food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good atmospherelovetodineVIPDined on 5/21/2014Overall, the service and food was good. However, my salad and my steak was very salty. I ended up drinking 3 glasses of water during the meal and was too full to eat anything else.Special Features:
- Dinner at BettyGardengirlDined on 5/19/2014Betty is a delight. We've eaten there a number of times and figured that it was time to share the love. At Betty the food is never over-seasoned (read over-salted, my pet peeve). And we love the fun and attentive wait-staff at Betty. The menu is not huge, but has all the bases covered with fresh and seasonal choices. The food is delicious and well prepared. We were recently there on a warm evening, and the windows were open to the Upper Queen Anne ambience. Nice and casual but still with a touch of class, Betty is a perfect place for a relaxed evening meal and conversation between friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great serviceseattlecDined on 5/17/2014I've been here twice and both times everything has been excellent - food, beverages, service, atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The Pan Roasted ChickeniheartdiningoutDined on 5/15/2014Is delicious!! I split this dish with my daughter because it is plenty for two. We even had a leftover snack portion that was excellent the next day! We also shared the shaved asparagus and arugula salad. A perfect dinner.Special Features:
- QA Place to go toQAdenizenDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed Mother's Day early dinner in the lounge during Happy Hour. The offerings were good value and the bar bites for appes worked well. She enjoyed the corn soup and I had the burger; both were very good and of good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Betty is a good location if you have an event at the Seattle Center. The menu selections sounded interesting but our dinners were just ok, not great. Wine options could be better along with non-alcoholic drink options. Our arugula salads were very good as were the fries that accompanied the hamburgers. The restaurant has a nice ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great!FoxdinerDined on 5/3/2014I chose Betty as the venue for my partner's surprise, romantic birthday dinner. I had the halibut which was a beautiful, perfectly cooked piece of fish. Moist and flakey inside with a seared, light and tasty crust. My partner had the pork loin and loved it. The atmosphere was intimate though the bench seats quite uncomfortable. The hostess greeted us by saying we only had 2 hours as there was a reservation after us. Not a good way to start out our experience but the food and wait staff more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and delicious...HardtoPleaseSister1VIPDined on 5/1/2014Food was excellent and the 4 of us had very different items from appetizer to salads, entrees and desserts. Service was right on too. Only negative was the heat...no air conditioning had been turned on and it was nearly too warm throughout our meal to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 206 reviews are from the Betty reviews archive.
- We'll be back!WheeloDined on 4/24/2014Went to Betty for Dine Out for Life. We sat at the counter and enjoyed watching the food preparation. After the a cured meats appetizer, we ordered 2 of our favorite dishes: steak frites and pork tenderloin, and both were outstanding: moist and flavorful! The tenderloin came with a wonderful veggie side dish that also impressed. Great drinks and attentive service too. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerDuckish53Dined on 4/24/2014Dine Out for Life was our excuse for trying Betty - thank you for supporting this cause - but we will need no excuse to return. Everything about the meal was great. A Manhattan was done very well and I followed with the roast chicken with asparagus and potatoes. It was amazing. Dessert was a tough choice but I went for the banana cream pie - again, amazing. Service was great and everything was pretty close to perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceduckyguyDined on 4/23/2014We loved Betty! The food rib-eye was excellent, and my friend said the roasted chicken was really good. We both agreed that the cheese curds were some of the best we'd ever had. My friend really liked the banana cream pie too. The service was excellent. The server was really nice and knowledgeable. I will definitely come back to Betty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outseattlegirl13Dined on 4/19/2014It was a great place to enjoy time with girl friends and have some appetizers and a glass of wine. The service was professional and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well pleased with food and serviceChloeDined on 4/17/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dinner at Betty. It was our first experience and we were a bit rushed because we were going to the ballet. Our waitress was very accommodating (she suggested we not order the chicken because that would take a while). We both had the pork tenderloin, asparagus soup and two different desserts which were all excellent. The portions were reasonable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Across from Queen Anne towernogamoDined on 4/17/2014We sat at the chef's counter and ordered from the $28 three course meal special. We selected our salads (garden) and entrees (nettle and risotto for my wife, roasted chicken for me) We also ordered the octopus from the shared menu because neither of us had ever eaten octopus. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. We ended with the grasshopper/peppermint dessert for my wife (she raved about how wonderful it was!) I had the banana cream pie, which was very nice too. A very nice place to relax and be pampered. Waitress (Julia) was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, So-so SurroundingsWordfiddlerDined on 4/10/2014We went to Betty during Seattle Restaurant Week and ordered from the prix fixe menu. I had mixed green salad followed by a Mexican Braised Lamb Shank; my companion started with the pear & Bibb lettuce salad and had the Oven Roasted Chicken for her main. We thought the food was really excellent - well-cooked and seasoned beautifully, nicely presented. The quantity was just right too. For dessert I had the Meyer Lemon tart and she had the banana cream pie, and again they were wonderful. The service was quick, friendly and professional. No mistakes, plenty of attention; water glasses were kept full and my friend's hot tea water was replenished. The server even offered to split the check for us without being asked. Overall a terrific evening!Special Features:
- Seattle Center pre-dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2014Betty is in a great location with wonderful food to go to before heading to the Seattle Center. Attentive service, good food and drinks! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs Chris, Ben and PaulHungryDined on 4/8/2014Chefs Chris, Ben and Paul are excellent with food preparation and presentation. They are amazing to watch, which is why we always request seats at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.