New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bettolona.com/
- Phone: 2127491125
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bettolona
Just weeks after getting its trendy burger joint, the Columbia University area is getting a stylish pizzeria with a wood-burning oven. Sebastiano Cappitta, who brought the brick-oven pizzeria Isola to the Upper West Side back in 1991 and currently owns Bettola and Acqua, will open Bettolona, serving wood-fired pizza and pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bettolona reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Good Italian near the 1 TraindeliusfanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Pizzas are clearly the king at Bettolona; our prosciutto-topped pie was quite lovely with a good char and good quality meat. As an appetizer, the asparagus was crisp and very fresh although the fontina it was baked in was a little less than convincing. Also the beet salad which was more spinach than beets, but with a nice, creamy goat cheese to make me more forgiving.Special Features:
- NolaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great restaurant at reasonable prices. Can't wait to try their pizza.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dnnerhouseofprattDined on 5/14/2014We love Bettolona. We are in the city several times a year to visit our daughter who is in college and we always have a meal at Bettolona. It is next to her school and never disappoints. The service is excellent, the food is fresh, and it is in a nice neighborhood away from the tourist areas and high traffic. A popular local spot.Special Features:
- Try the chocolate cake!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The pastas and the pizzas were all great, but the torta al cioccolato era squisita! Great Italian place!Special Features:
- Fresh & DeliciousCyNYCalDined on 4/2/2014My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant when we couldn't stand the wait at our intended location. We knew nothing about it except its tables were immediately available. We had become so cranky that we weren't speaking with each other as we waited for the food. But when it did, Oh my goodness! We weren't prepared for the freshness and flavor of everything. The simple rugulah salad was delicious and plain spegetti and meatbals were to die for. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with more complicated dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine brunchlogoleptVIPDined on 2/23/2014It was a fine experience. The service was occasionally a little slow, and they forgot items multiple times—we ordered a coffee, which never arrived, and an additional order of bread, which also never arrived. The entrees and desserts we ordered were very tasty. The pizzas (bianca and the brunch special pizza) were our favorites.Special Features:
- Not Just for Columbia StudentsFoodiegirlDined on 2/7/2014When we arrived at Bettolona, we noticed a mostly student crowd from nearby Columbia University. But we quickly realized that this little gem has wonderful fare for all lovers of Italian food. Our group enjoyed the delicious prosciutto pizza, lasagna verdi and pasta. Bellisimo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm with great foodsvetaDined on 12/13/2013Loved this little restaurant. Excellent pasta, salad and pizza. Didn't try anything else. Enjoyed the ambiance though a bit dark. Service was friendly but low-key, which is perfect. I was with my daughter and niece, both young adults, both enjoyed the food and relaxed atmosphere very much. Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodSteveOVIPDined on 11/1/2013Loved the salads and pizza - waiter was very hard to communicate with, but the owner made things work and was very charmingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very good all aroundMariaVIPDined on 9/30/2013It was very good all around but a little too close to the train line. It was hard to talk to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemczallVIPDined on 8/2/2013We were in the area and wanted something that would be fairly quick. Well I'm sorry to say I wish we had more time to stay there! The owner came over to us twice to see how everything was, food was awesome and just had the best vibe ever. Will travel just to visit there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighborhood SpotSprowtVIPDined on 6/23/2013I love Bettalona. It's that simple. I live nearby and I'm there nearly once per week. The staff there know me by face (if not name) and are gracious and courteous every time. While not extensive, their wine list is perfect for a neighborhood joint, with the usual suspects and a few less common. In fact, they introduced me to Primitivo, a varietal that I hadn't previously known, and now I order it every time. The food is outstanding, especially for the price. I love all of their pizzas and many of their pastas. It's the rare place, in fact, where I don't have a "go-to entree." Of the apps, I am particular to the Insalata Romana, a fennel salad with triangles of parm, and the caprese. Finally, if you have room, get the crepe for dessert.Special Features:
- Reasonable Italian GemNYMikeVIPDined on 5/9/2013On B'way and 123rd St., Bettolona serves very good Italian food reasonably priced. Service is quick and friendly with specials listed on a blackboard brought to you. A handy place for those going to Manhattan School of Music concerts.Special Features:
- Noise level was very high,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2013Noise level was very high, difficult to speak to my dining companion. Service was good but slightly slow due to many customers.
- Pizza was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2013Pizza was delicious. The pasta dishes we ordered were a bit over & under seasoned however.
- Great pasta and pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I love the pizzas at Bettolona! The rest of the food is also great. The people are kind, efficient and friendly. Also a little weird, which I personally love.Best thing: they've been open every time we needed them. Before Sandy storm, when everybody was closed, or New Year's Eve.Just one thing: ask for the prices of the specials before hand. You might get some surprises...Special Features:
- Food and service was excellant.f1inmybloodVIPDined on 11/30/2012Food and service was excellant. Have eaten there several times now and never disappointed.Special Features:
- We went on the evening ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/28/2012We went on the evening of the storm, just before it hit. We were amazed at how many others had the same idea. The staff was wonderful, the food very good. Best recommendation? The pizza and an especially good chocolate cake. My only beef, an octopus salad that we ordered to take home consisted of a lavish dish of arugala, a few cherry tomatoes and just 3 pieces of octopus.Special Features:
- bettolonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012Great ambiance and amazing food. Worth kn any way!Special Features:
- Truly authentic!KSHFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2012We loved the pasta bolognese, gnocchi, and both pizzas. Such delicious crusts. We also thought the lemony parmesan salad to start and the asparagus were DELICIOUS. So happy we discovered this place, and the service was outstanding. The waiter was from Napoli and gave us tips on where to go for our upcoming trip to Italy.Special Features:
- Really delicious Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012Really delicious Italian food at affordable prices. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food was great but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012Food was great but service was a little slow. Not a problem if you're there for a leisurely date, but annoying if you don't have all night.Special Features:
- This is a lovely restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012This is a lovely restaurant. I had the salmon (grilled perfectly) with delicious roasted vegetables. As I was alone, they offered me a seat at the bar but didn't bat an eye when I said I'd rather sit at a table. The service was very attentive. I'm planning to go back soon with a companion and share one of those amazing-looking pizzas! I was there early on a Friday evening and by the time I left it was filling up.Special Features:
- Went for Valentines day andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentines day and couldn't have asked for a better time on every front. Wasn't my first time there though. Have been three times before and always enjoy bringing friends as the food, service and ambiance is always stellar. The owner is very present and invested in making this place a gem.Special Features:
- Service is insultingly incompetentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/20/2011We were looking forward to trying out this new Columbia neighborhood trattoria with a wood burning pizza oven. Indeed the pizza was quite good- crispy, thin crust and tasty. However, the other food offerings were just adequate and the service was soooooo incompetent,that the overall experience was subpar. From the moment we walked in, they were clueless about opentable, we had to beg for sufficient silverware, we ordered a bottle of Montepulciano but received a mystery carafe of something red, the waiters had no idea who ordered what resulting in passing pizza trays down a long table of our party of six and when we did not add a tip to the already 20% that was automatically added to the bill, the host (or someone like that) got snippy.
- This neighborhood gem is authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/10/2011This neighborhood gem is authentic Italy. The owner stops by your table, the specials board is hand delivered to each table before ordering, everyone has an Italian accent and a warm smile. Great hospitality! Glad we found it on opentable!Special Features: