412 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sebastianoitaliano.com/
- Phone: (212) 787-1660
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastiano Cappitta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bettola
At Bettola, the wonderful aroma of our wood-burning oven greets you at the door and infuses the food at your table—from baked asparagus to Cornish hen to our signature light-as-air thin-crust pizzas. Our philosophy is simple: satisfying rustic Italian cuisine, good wine, friendly servers, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. We hope to see you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bettola reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- JINXVIPDined on 11/16/2014Unfortunately we live in Boston and are unable to frequent this restaurant as much as we would like to. We have been twice and each time the food was prepared and presented wonderfully. Veal was excellent and some of the best I've had. My wife always enjoys the Bolognese. Best she has had. Service is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very gooOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014great for family dining. My teenage kids were pleased. And that is saying a lot.Special Features:
- Great food. Attentive service.mickzoopusDined on 10/26/2014I haven't attended many Italian restaurants lately but wanted to check out this local Italian restaurant on the UWS. I was happy to find that the food was very good. Additionally, the service was very attentive. You can tell that this is a family owned/run restaurant which was nice. The interior was a little bland/outdated but overall you can't complain when the food is this good.Special Features:
- PjcroLocaldinerDined on 10/13/2014A wonderful small Italian restaurant on the Upper West Side. The food is good and the staff are friendly. It's a small cozy place for a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findBeaconbabyDined on 10/7/2014Menu is artfully crafted. It was difficult to order because each dish sounded so enticing. We split the cold antipasto plate which was excellent: mozzarella was one of the most fresh I've ever had. I ordered the roasted Cornish hen, based on online reviews, and it did not disappoint. Moist with a very crisp skin and wood fire chart marks. My date had veal saltimbocca and said it was delicious, green bean accompaniment was perfectly prepared. We finished dinner with two Irish coffees decorated with homemade whipped cream served on the side. Staff was very attentive without being obvious. Service was excellent. This restaurant is a little gem and is a perfect stop if you're headed to the Beacon for a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's impressionsjazzrbobDined on 10/7/2014We made a reservation with OpenTable, because we had 5 people. The table was set up for us when we got there. Food was very good and timing of service was good. Servers hovered a bit too much and table was cleared too early and we felt a bit rushed. We will still try it again, one more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ameliaameliaDined on 8/18/2014I wish the menu was more exciting. It's okay Italian food, okay choices, but nothing that makes the palate go ooh/ahh.
- PassableCWrightVIPDined on 8/1/2014It wasn't the worst and it wasn't the best restaurant we have ever eaten in. I wouldn't recommend it and most likely will not return. The service was fine and the food was ok, nothing special but certainly not note worthy. The veal was over cooked and tough, hard to do with veal but they managed.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Bettola reviews archive.
- DeliciousgingerdinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014We love eating at Bettola. It's reliable and delicious and they have gluten free pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid citizenGactDined on 7/23/2014we visited prior to a show at the Beacon. enjoyable, casual atmosphere with nice brick oven pizza and good variety of apps and dinners. Limited beer selection for beer folks (no IPAs though the Peroni was cold!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for family dinnerDeeDee9Dined on 7/12/2014Group of eleven for family dinner was treated well. Food was above average. Staff was very accommodating. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014Brick oven Margherita pizza and antipasto plate, very good; Sliced grilled steak, good; veal scaloppini, dry; penne w/cremini mushrooms in a porcini sauce, good; grilled clamari, not tender; zucchini and eggplant, excellent. Good wine selection. Service excellent and friendly.
- PattiDined on 7/8/2014As always the food and drink were more than satisfactorySpecial Features:
- Sad to sayeaterVIPDined on 7/7/2014Despite reading good reviews our experience was very poor. Food was mediocre at best,they "ran out of bread" at 8 pm, and service was not very attentive. Would NOT go back
- mike VMikeVDined on 6/22/2014we had an early dinner here on a nice beautiful Sunday. sat outside. the service was great. the food was very good. the Cornish hen was very tasty. Margharita Pizza was also good. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood restaurantPaulaDined on 6/19/2014Well-priced Italian food with a reasonable wine list. Wonderful place for a quiet neighborhood dinner.Special Features:
- Great UWS go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Second time at Bettola and we will be back. Home made pasta, excellent specials, good prices and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bettola AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2014This is the 2nd time we've had the pleasure of eating here. Love the menu, food quality is very good. I had the Branzino and it was delicious, as well as the Yellow Squash soup. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Reliable BettolaJanDVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food is always good. We just came back from Italy and enjoyed Bettola. The service is always charming. Its nice to eat outside or @ the front table with the sliding doors open. The noise level is normal.Special Features:
- A COMPETENT NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANTFoodieGirl888Dined on 5/15/2014We went to Bettola for dinner before going to a show at the Beacon which is a quick walk. The food was adequate: my husband and I shared a pizza special which was disappointing as the crust was soggy. I ate the toppings and left the crust. The Buffalo Mozzarella that was supposed to top the pizza was barely discernible. My friends had salmon (good) and some pasta dish (okay, not great or memorable). The wait staff was great: friendly and very professional, and the people in the restaurant were very chatty and nice. I would go again: just don't expect the food to blow you away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but....njeater987VIPDined on 5/4/2014We remembered Bettola fondly from living in the neighborhood years ago. Went back with some older friends as well as kids. The background noise was a little overwhelming. The service was uneven - attentive, then ignored, food came fast then at a "long" interval. The food was very good though didn't all arrive as described. Biggest shock was when the bill (the specials were **without prices** -sneaky, especially for a neighborhood restaurant) and we had sticker shock. To boot, with "party of 6" (2 were 7 year olds, the restaurant was NOT full and it was an early 5pm meal) - they added 20% tip even on wine-- not stated anywhere on the menu! Food was good but overall left us alot less fond.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014we had seven in a group and i had made a reservation. it was a nice day so wish we could have sat outside. the pizza is just very average, but the Gamberi was wonderful. the paninis had cold ingredients inside them (as though they slapped a cold tomato inside at the last minute). I have been here in the winter as well and it is very cozy and the food was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrible disappointmentBwayDVIPDined on 4/26/2014We were seeking one of those neighborhood gems for a light pre the tare dinner. The restaurant was empty which was our first concern. The menu was limited and seemed to focus on pizzas. Not wanting pizza we selected cornish hen and veal. The veal was old as beef and the cornish hen was overcooked and stringy. We decided to skip dessert and run down the strew for a quick burger. My take of the place is you bring the kids, order a pizza and make it a night. BTW the house wine is swill.Special Features:
- Neighborhood restaurantPaulaDined on 4/24/2014Well-priced UWS restaurant with good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- val081361Dined on 4/20/2014This was a really enjoyable dining experience! Very attentive staff without being intrusive ... always pleasant and smiling. As it was our first time here, we took the recommendations offered to us and were not disappointed. The wine list is not extensive but it is well thought out and there is something for everyone. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and already have!
- Delicious FoodFoodAddictDined on 4/10/2014This place isn't too fancy as the waitresses were in jeans and boots but the food was very delicious. I ordered the penne a la vodka which was not on the menu but it was FANTASTIC! Best chicken pasta I've tasted in years! My boyfriend had their pizza and that was also very scrumptious. I only gave it 4 starts because the lime served with the drinks was very dry looking. Other than that, I had a great time and it's very affordable.Special Features:
- Cosy ItalianAlexandrapVIPDined on 4/7/2014Very uncrowded the night we were here ( a rainy night) Bettola was friendly and welcoming. A little hard to find in the rain - it's in the middle of the black with a dark awning. Not sure what the noise level would be if it were full, but it was blissfully quiet. Pizza oven right in the dining room. On this night it looked wonderful - don't know what it's like in hot weather (where you do have the option to sit outside.) My arugula and fennel salad was huge and delicious, and we loved the asparagus with ricotta. Excellent al dente pasta and light cheesecake at the end. I'm going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious lasagna!JackieVIPDined on 3/28/2014I went here for dinner and had the lasagna - it was delicious, the only downside was that I wanted more of it! A bit pricey, but it's the UWS and it's worth it to treat yourself. I also got a free glass of wine for checking in on Yelp :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable BettolaJanDVIPDined on 3/27/2014We had fish, pasta, salads,and pasta and all were good. And its so much quieter than Nice Matin up the block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show at the Beacon?verypickyDined on 3/14/2014We dined at this restaurant before a concert at the Beacon theater which is within walking distance. Food was very fresh and tasty, house wine was good and service was reliable. I had the chicken and my mother had the vegetable lasagna, we both enjoyed our meals. We had the beet salad to start and it was good although a bit dry and I would have preferred another fruit over the peaches. Very affordable for an above average restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spotyessir201VIPDined on 3/13/2014Tried restaurant solely based on reviews submitted before me and am so glad I did. Great food, great ambience, having a nice quality dinner that won't break the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza and SaladsJanDVIPDined on 3/10/2014One of my favorite upper west side,small, neighborhood restaurants. the pizza is the perfect thin-crust kind and the salads very fresh. Its a quiet restaurant also, a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices for wine very high,EvieVIPDined on 3/1/2014Prices for wine very high, and both my friend and I did not like the glasses of wine we ordered. Food very good, but wine terrible.
- I enjoyed our lunch immenselybunskiDined on 2/6/2014I enjoyed our lunch immensely - the staff was friendly and responsive. Even the handyman helped me with a problem with the Muni Meter when I parked in front of the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood placeRickDined on 1/3/2014Solid pastas, pizza and great gnocchi. Good service and atmosphere. Very accommodating staff. Come with confidence.Special Features:
- No StressLTASHDined on 12/31/2013Going into NYC on New Years eve with tickets for a concert at 9PM. This could be a stressful experience due to NYEve. I can tell you it was so pleasant and stress free it made our night. Wil be going back soon. Great food and atmosphere. Caring serviceSpecial Features:
- A special gem not to be missed.NYCLoverDined on 12/28/2013I first ate at Bettola a few years ago when I stopped a family walking on Amsterdam and asked them if they had a favorite restaurant in the area. They directed me to Bettola and because of the wonderful experience I had there, I've been dying to go back. Finally was able to return last weekend and all remains the same--still marvelous. There were 5 of us in our party and we had soups, salad, pasta, and wine. Everything was so tasteful and cooked just right. If was the first visit for the 4 others and they all said it was very special; one who lived 4 blocks away, said it was going on her list of places to dine regularly. The place is fairly small so reservations are encouraged. You'll love the ambience complete with wood burning bread oven.Special Features:
- Local italianBocuseVIPDined on 12/28/2013Bettola is down the block from my apartment making it very convenient. It is also good, basic Italian food that offered options for the adults and 2 children.Special Features:
- Bettola restaurant reviewjazzrbobDined on 12/23/2013This was perfect for our needs. The food was very good, ample portions. Service was attentive, but not pushy. They let us sit and talk for a very long time. A cute little neighborhood place to catch up with a friend, or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot for yummy Italianeriggan08Dined on 12/8/2013We wanted to find a spot close to our hotel for an Italian dinner at an affordable price. Their prices were less expensive than neighboring Italian spots & we thought the food was excellent. Great wine (by the glass). My boyfriend had a shrimp pasta he really enjoyed and I had the veal which was excellent. We also enjoyed a yummy apple / pear desert too! Dinner for two (salad and dessert included), with drinks for $75, can't beat it! Service was excellent, quick & friendly. Would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to try an authentic Italian spot at a good price.Special Features: