2121 E. 7th Place
Los Angeles, CA 90021Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bestiala.com/
- Phone: (213) 514-5724
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
NOW OPEN at 5pm!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ori Menashe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Bestia
Ori and Genevieve's signature style shines on the Bestia menu with a plethora of seasonal dishes that have been sourced from local purveyors. The emphasis on nose to tail cooking can be found in dishes such as Coppa di Testa comprised of housemade headcheese and Cassoela Milanese with braised pork, veal ribs and pork sausage. From housemade mustard for the charcuterie to skillfully crafted squid ink bottarga, the menu reflects the attention to detail that the duo pays to only seasonal ingredients. The emphasis on sustainable ingredients and products can be found not only on the menu, but in the design of the space as well. Working with designer Greg Bleier, Genevieve sourced the contemporary elements from local artisans, who rely on reclaimed materials to create the unique elements found within Bestia, from the light fixtures to the stools and tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bestia - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bestia reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (301)hot spot (262)special occasion (165)neighborhood gem (143)vibrant bar scene (138)good for groups (106)great for outdoor dining (99)notable wine list (85)late-night find (65)romantic (49)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- some of the best food in LAmoondogVIPDined on 11/25/2014Bestia should have simply been named "Best". It is some of the most delicious, surprising, satisfying food I have had in LA. Everything pops with flavor in different and pleasing ways. My favorite is the mussels and clams--I have to sop up every drop of the broth with their delicious bread (which they charge a little too much for). The pastas are incredibly good and they even make the mundane pizza marvelous. Just when you think you've eaten too much and you order the pork chop that you wish you hadn't, you realize that it is the best pork chop you have ever had in your life...at least in my life. it's that good. Located in an isolated warehouse district in downtown, which gives it a unique vibe. Only a few glitches--very loud (the energy matches the exciting flavors of the food) and they charge for water, which feels a little like nickel and dime-ing. You won't regret eating here. Just make sure you make a reservation about two months ahead of time. It's impossible to get a table here if you don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best around !!!ONESHOTDined on 11/21/2014Great as usual, took my mother for the first time and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealdemetraVIPDined on 11/20/2014We were hosting an out of town client and I wanted to show her the best of what LA has to offer. A friend recommended that we try to get a reservation at Bestia. Best place we could have taken her to! The bone marrow was superb, as was the polenta. We noticed a lot of people ordering pizzas, so we ordered the margherita and the lamb sausage pizzas. Get the lamb sausage-amazing balance of cheese and sausage on every piece- I even ate the crust(which I usually skip at other places). We also ordered a couple of the pasta dishes. Spot on. I suspect there are no bad dinner selections here. A truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud; rich food. Good cocktails. Very $$ winedeafnstuffedDined on 11/19/2014Extremely loud inside. Had to move to patio to be able to converse. Menu very experimental so hard to know if what your will get will work or not. What little we did had was quite rich and filling so we nixed the balance of the order as well as dessert. Grilled veggies a disappointment - cooked too much. Nice octobus and calamari salad. Gizzards nothing special. One excellent cocktail off the menu at server's suggestion; other so so. Wine list is very expensive. Draft Kolsch did not taste fresh. There were a number of empty tables so it is hard to know why it is so hard to get a reservation after 5 and before 9.Special Features:
- Great placeComiendoenLADined on 11/17/2014After booking a table a month ahead, we finally visited the restaurant for the first time. We had to wait at least 20 minutes until our table was ready. In the meantime, we studied the menu and decided what to order. We started with the octopus & calamari, then the lamb pizza. Both dishes were amazing and we were full, but the waiter suggested we try the lamb neck even though we had one more plate coming. In general, we spent more than two hours at the restaurant, more than $130 for 2 people, but we couldn't stop thinking about the delicious food the next day. Can't wait to go back and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arguably the best food in LAAmjamVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food is delicious. Every time I've been there, it has maintained consistency, and always comes out at a great temp. Service is sometimes slow, but everything else has been perfect, making this one of my favorite places to dine in LA. Definitely a must try for any foodie.Special Features:
- Love BestiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Great food - everything was well-balanced, well-executed, and tasty save for a tomato-based pasta dish which was a bit ho-hum. High-end comfort food at it's best. They seem to put a lot of care into all the meat-dishes, but the salad and vegetables we had were also great. Interesting wine list, though most of the more adventurous selections, which would generally be my preference, are only available by the bottle. I try to pair wines with each course, so ordering bottles for a table of 2 is not realistic. Still, our server managed to help me find an 18-grape Corvina blend to have with a pork pasta dish that was divine. The dessert was among the best I've had in L.A. Service was exceptional, a true rarity in this city and very appreciated.Special Features:
- Better this 2nd time around!muymuysDined on 11/9/2014My 2nd time and I enjoyed it much more than the 1st. What set it apart this time was the service was much more personable...this time I was there very late and it was "slower" (though still busy) than my last time. Their Rib Eye made all of us happy...and it comes close Chi Spacca. My friends from out of town loved this place and proclaimed "It's definitely a gem in LA...and there is no other place like this." I used the payment app (available by OpenTable). I loved that we didn't need to get into fighting over the bill...but be warned, I was not very happy that there's a "3% restaurant" fee for this. I was made aware of this after reviewing my detailed receipt the next day. It was not on the initial receipt for review.Special Features:
- GoodRochi5Dined on 11/9/2014I have made this reservation 4 months in advance, the hostess took us to the back of the room where they keep the dishes and is very loud, the table was against the wall were there was electrical outlets popping out of the wall, I nicely ask her to move us somewhere else but she totally refused and was really rude, asked for the manager who understood and gave us another table. The food was good, the service was good, good ambience bit loud for my taste. why charge me 3 % for the kitchen service? Never seen it before and we go to many great restaurants. Because of this, my tip was only 17%. Between the rudeness of the hostess and the unexpected charge my 30th wedding anniversary dinner was not enjoyable!Special Features:
- Food & service is BestiaskimDined on 11/9/2014It's a modern take on Italian food and the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed but stayed the same greatTZEEDined on 11/6/2014The menu is pretty dynamic, changes but has maintained exceptionally high quality. Absolutely love this place. This has been our fifth trip since it opened and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikkeipadawanVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great Food, but too loud inside. Hard to have conversation across table.Special Features:
- Tone down the hype...lovetotrynewVIPDined on 11/5/2014It's funny how as I get older, I appreciate my meals & time spent out more & more so when it takes a month to get a reservation at a place that you hear from your peers that "this is the best place in LA", I was REALLY looking forward to seeing what Bestia was all about! The atmosphere is bustling & reminicent of Balthazar in NY (but people were very nice). It is loud so you could not hear anyone at the table speak - just be prepared to smile & nod but that is much of LA now-a-days. Surprisingly, the food was just good. I tried what I was supposed to - the bone marrow & whatever else that was suggested by the very nice, hip man helping us. It was all good, wine & food, no complaints but nothing rockstar stellar enough to say best in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newbiefoodie1newbiefoodie1Dined on 11/5/2014Great night out! We had to wait 3 weeks to get a weeknight 5:30 dinner reservation, but it was well worth it! Obviously, its a very popular place and it deserves to be! Our waiter was awesome and every one else was extremely attentive with out being over bearing. The food was superb and the plate sizes were just the right amount to be able to try many dishes. The coffee was the best I have had since traveling to Italy-delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLyddDined on 11/5/2014Truly disappointed. Their marked or "mixed" Roasted vegetables were to die for. They replaced them with tough stems of brocollini. Yes I'm vegetarian for the most part. Those always brought me back. çSpecial Features:
- Not what I expected....TheatergoerVIPDined on 11/4/2014We I arrived, 3 valets were just sitting around and no one wanted to give me a ticket. I started to walk into the restaurant; they quickly asked, "Do you have a reservation?" Then I got a ticket. We ordered appetizers, the waiter asked if this was our complete meal? We told him no, he responded, "I will only come back ONCE to take your order for EVERYTHING you will be ordering this evening. this is not a place that you eat and keep ordering later." When he gave me the bill, he explained 3% was added to the bill, to TIP THE KITCHEN staff. When we finally left, the 3 valets were again just hanging out, and were perturbed when we asked them to get our cars. The food was just ok to repeat this experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food and atmosphere.Luv32dineDined on 11/3/2014We made a reservations 15 mins before closing time and still managed to get amazing food and of course the ambiance is truly admiring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu but not our waiterluv2reviewDined on 11/3/2014Fortunately the rest of the staff was great (the bus boys and wine guy), but our waiter kept pushing for us to order one the most expensive items on the menu (the $140 rib eye). We were taking clients and didn't appreciate the fact that even though we had ordered a $100+ bottle of wine (we ordered 2 in fact!), 3 appetizers, a pizza & 2 pastas he acted like we hadn't ordered enough for his liking (even though we were all stuffed after all that we ordered). Also, although the food was great (it really was) it was SO loud (and we were there on a Monday night) that I can't say I'd recommend it as a place to take someone you'd like to have a conversation with. We were sitting inside, so if I go back I'd try the patio where it might be quieter.Special Features:
- great itallianbgarbmachineVIPDined on 11/3/2014The location leaves a lot to be desired, but once you enter and start eating the food it all doesn't matter. Great calamari, pizza, buratta and pasta. Definitley worth the sox week wait for a reservation and will be backSpecial Features:
- YummaudgeDined on 11/3/2014the food was extremely flavorful. Its a great place for family style ordering so that you can try multiple items on the menu. Items are fairly priced. Place is extremely loud so if youre looking for a quiet night out, this would not be the place to go. Definitely will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hype!PhillyRichVIPDined on 11/2/2014i went to Bestia for my 50th birthday and was completely happy with everything. The food, service, ambiance, all of it! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bestia is the BestToDieForDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and I took my wife and son to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were seated next to the kitchen so the energy level was high but was entertaining. The service was very efficient. Your glass of water is constantly being filled up. Plate after plate was amazing. The portion of your dishes is enough to share with a partner. Our server actually recommend that each entree be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Got ignored by the hostesses for 5 minutes until they were done chatting about a seat (not even an "I'm sorry can you please hold for one sec" or any sort of acknowledgement). Server tried to push us to order everything all at once which we weren't comfortable with. Wasn't very helpful or happy.Special Features:
- Top 5OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Great ambience, amazing menu, great service and good wine's. The food itself was off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in LAsweetpeaDined on 10/31/2014Wow. I can't describe the feeling that my mouth was having when I visited Bestia. It was probably the best food I have had in a long time. Everything was great about this place. I specifically loved the waiting staff. A place so trendy and hip in LA usually has very rude and obnoxious staff. This is not the case for Bestia. All the staff is very knowledgeable of the menu and wine selection, but they are also very nice. Love, Love this place. I have another reservation in January and I am just counting down the days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitsaya437Dined on 10/30/2014As most would agree, it is very hard to get a reservation at Bestia (unless you want to dine at 5pm or 11pm at night). So when I unexpectedly stumbled upon a 7:15 pm reservation on a Thursday night I jumped on it! Even though it was a month out! Bestia was definitely worth the wait and lived up to all the hype! The service was impeccable, and the food was outstanding! We feasted upon grilled octopus, veal tartare and a whole grilled orata. To top of the night, we had a warm pear ricotta tart with pepper ice cream. My husband and I were smacking our lips the entire meal through. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- great menuroccanDined on 10/29/2014great menu with italian traditional recipes brought to modern life. inside restaraunt is very noisy, outside is betterSpecial Features:
- A place for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Dinner at Bestia is fantastic. It's a place for foodies. Great atmosphere, artisanal cocktails and dishes that do not disappoint. Keep your eyes peeled, however, as it is in a nondescript location.Special Features:
- Taking food seriouslyjocnjrDined on 10/26/2014All the charcuterie, breads and pastas are made at Bestia. We've tried a little bit of everything: nine marrow, veal on a toast, salumi, pizza and pasta and we can say that we had an amazing experience, all of then was delicious and, to point out, affordable. Can't wait to come back and try the meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014every single dish we ordered was delicious and creative. definitely come with 4+ ppl so you can try more different dishes. the portions aren't big but you still wouldn't be able to try too much with just 2 people. and even though i was warned that it's loud in the restaurant, it was far louder than i imagined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was....FoodstastyDined on 10/24/2014The bees knees!! Keep it up. Pizza pasta and drinks. Yummy!! I've never written a review before until now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you heard about it...it's truejcpinwehoVIPDined on 10/24/2014Dishes absolutely delicious. Homemade pasta, Farro salad, Bone marrow...desserts awesome. Believe the hype. Hard to get reservation but definitely go if you haven't. One of the few restaurants I'd want to go back and try other items on the menu. Service attentive.Special Features:
- NaCwDined on 10/24/2014Food was spectacular. Had the salumi and also the farro app, for pasta we had the cavatelli and the tagliatelle with Calabrian sausage.The pasta was the best I have had since being in Italy. Service was great- very attentive. The food overlapped courses though....maybe our fault for ordering courses at once. Sat outside in front--still a bit loud, but we were so involved with the food, it didn't matter. I would go back in a heartbeat!Best restaurant on my list to date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favELPFoodieDined on 10/24/2014Best place to eat in LA if u can get a reservation. Not be passed up. Bit on the adventuras side.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceSoCalFoodieDined on 10/23/2014After having dinner at Bestia for the first time back in August I though I must come back with a larger group. I immediately booked a reservation 2 months out and brought a few friends. We ordered multiple dishes for the table to share and on multiple occasions we were all quite just nodding our heads in how delicious every bite was. I highly recommend Bestia to all of the foodie lovers out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food!JBearPigDined on 10/21/2014Some of the best food I've had. Everything is flavorful, bordering between either being too flavorful or just right. Portions of each dish are hit and miss and do not correlate to the price (which is okay with me). Service is great. Tons of hipsters and foodies everywhere. Slight bit pricey but definitely worth it! Will return again.Special Features:
- Amazing!JimBVIPDined on 10/21/2014Our group has been waiting quite a while to get a reservationa dn we were not disappointed. Definately worth waiting for a reservation again and going back.Special Features:
- finickyDined on 10/20/2014Monday night 9 p.m., the place is packed and so loud we have to shout across the table at each other. Problem is, the noise level isn't the only thing that's loud. If you prefer subtlety in your dining experience, Bestia is not the place for you.
- Bestia is the Best!MEstampadorVIPDined on 10/19/2014My new favorite spot in LA! Amazing food, great service! Will definitely return to eat the Roasted Bone Marrow! Simply delectable!Special Features:
- 10:30 reservations worth the waitSwimtodineDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I arrived at 9:00 for a 10:30 reservation with intentions of having some drinks at the bar. It was crowded but two people left the bar and feeling lucky we assumed the seats. The bartenders basically ignored us and then the hostess approached and asked if we had our name in for bar seating. I never heard of such a thing and we were asked to give up the seats. Evidently you can just walk in and get your name on the list to sit at the bar. That was the only downside to the evening. We actually were seated for dinner early. We had stools right in front of one of the cooking stations which we found enjoyable. The menu is incredible and our selections were absolutely over the edge! A must for the serious foodie!Special Features: