972 College St
Toronto, ON M6H 1A5Neighborhood:
Little Portugal / Dundas West
EuropeanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bestellen.ca/
- Phone: 6473416769
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Steakhouse, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Rob Rossi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bestellen
Serving up simple & honest, flavor forward food & cocktails. Created by @chefrobrossi & @ryansarfeld. Open 6pm-late, 7 nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bestellen reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Back for the BurgerAllstarDined on 8/3/2014This was our third time to Bestellen and we went back for the burger which is delicious. Half price bottles of wine on Sundays but great cocktails as well. Great food and although the starters are a but pricey for the portion size. Pork belly for example was tasty but $18 for two pieces?! Go here for the meat which is ages in house - and try the burger. My biggest complaint? The chairs and seating. Uncomfortable to say the least! In the front are metal chairs that look nice but after a few minutes you'll want to get up. At the back, pick from wooden bench seating or old office looking chairs that are lower than they should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food and atmosphere were great! My only complaint was that the fries were a little too salty. I also wish the pasta portion sizes were a little bit bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing is everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/8/2014Our previous experiences have been that of lackluster service balanced by excellent food. Despite a half empty room, the service was overwhelmed and unable to complete our orders. The courtesies extended by the front of the house are now gone: a distracted greeting upon arrival and no acknowledgement on leaving. The touch in the kitchen is getting heavier as the salting for their sides and fries can only be described as intense. It is possible that we simply arrived at a bad time. In a city where many of the dining segments can be very competitive, it is a shame to see a well liked establishment resting on their laurels so early in their career.
- Awesome experienceluvagoodrestoDined on 6/28/2014Food was really great; simple, authentic food experience. Menu was diverse with a matching cocktail list. I 100% recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in your mouth burgerKAlterDined on 6/27/2014The burger was scrumptious. Cute little pickles on the side too. The homemade bbq kethcup was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Great cocktails and food. Best burger in the city - have had many times and it is perfect. Other food is great as well - my girlfriend got the pasta, which she thought was amazing - and the cote de boeuf looks phenomenal (though still have not tried).Special Features:
- Absolutely Amazing.daveyDined on 6/15/2014Bestellen is all about meat. They have what I think is the best Burger in Toronto. The steak Tartar is incredible too along with everything else.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Burger was amazing, and our waiter was fun. Really great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok BrunchZosia06Dined on 6/1/2014I have done Bestellen for dinner and I think thats the way to go. Brunch feels a little bit like an afterthought. I ordered the fried chicken and literally all that was on the plate was chicken and hot sauce. I wouldnt even care about that so much was it not that the chicken was dry. If you're going to put one thing on the plate it needs to be perfect, especially fried chicken. Cocktails were excellent. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailGailDined on 5/23/2014We had been meaning to go to Bestellen for some time, and finally got there. I am so glad we did, and we will definitely go back. The charcuterie was great. The seasonal items, meat and duck dishes were delicious! Good cocktails and wines, although the wine was a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Meat lover's paradisewagamuffinDined on 5/20/2014Great quality meat expertly cooked. Its as simple as that. Probably the nest pork chop I've ever had, stellar charcuterie board, and one of the best burgers in the city (if a little buttery).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestburgerphoenixcDined on 5/17/2014Simply the best burger I've ever had, made perfectly medium-rare. We had the grilled octopus and the small charcuterie plate to start and split the burger and the pork loin which was super-tender and juicy. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunch - amazing!MaccDined on 5/11/2014Very good service and delicious food! Very accommodating with children. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best at BestellenFrankDined on 5/10/2014The food and service are outstanding. The attention to detail is exceptional. The burger is to die for and the charcuterie board is a must. The only complaint I have is the table and chairs need to be replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014The beef is outstanding. Had the 42oz steak for three of us and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Service was excellent. Their meat is outstanding - they are well-known for that reason. The steaks were prepared and cooked wonderfully. Some tables don't have the most comfortable seating, but the ambiance was quite nice.Special Features:
- The following 150 reviews are from the Bestellen reviews archive.
- Just not that greatLuvgoodfoodDined on 4/26/2014Food was fine but nothing special. Overall there are too many other restaurants that are far better. I'd go elsewhere.
- Amazing!!Nicolle26Dined on 4/15/2014This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in a while. The food was spectacular and the service even better. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- BlarghDined on 4/11/2014The service staff was very attentive, walking around with the heads up, paying attention to all of their guests. We had a 42oz Cote de Boeuf, it was very well prepared. The marrow that came with it was heavenly. The beer selection is most excellent.
- But that burger though!sydtDined on 4/3/2014Best burger in TORONTO. Excellent service, excellent food, a staple in my restaurant cycle.Special Features:
- awesome place with friendssuburban2someDined on 3/29/2014met friends from the other side of the GTA - this was central. Easy to find parking nearby. Food and service were amazing, warm and friendly ambience. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time at BestellenMeatloverDined on 3/27/2014My boyfriend and I went to Bestellen to celebrate his birthday and we had such an amazing time! Since my boyfriend and I love eating steak, I chose Bestellen for its famous Cote de Bouef! We were used to eating smaller portions of steak so imagine his surprise when I ordered the 48oz cote de bouef! Boy was he excited when the food came! Nothing can describe the burst of meaty goodness when we took our first bite. I would definitely recommend this to everyone! For dessert, we ordered a lemon cake and it came with a candle! I requested for a better seat through my online reservation but never did I expect for the waiter to go a step further! It was a simple gesture but it definitely surprised myself and my bf. Top notch service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticStrongbad789VIPDined on 3/15/2014The moroccan-spiced octopus was one of the best dishes I've had in a while, but the rest of the meal (we had the tagliatelle, the short rib special, and shared a chocolate dessert) was equally delicious. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMellabelleDined on 3/9/2014The brunch was amazing. If you are a burger fan it is highly recommended. Make sure you get the donuts. Poached Egg breakfast is so delicious, a nice twist on a eggs Benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a full on brunchElissa08Dined on 3/9/2014Great eats and EVERYTHING is made in-house...even the mustard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014we sat near the open kitchen and it was really nice to watch chefs working on their crafts. foods were very good, and service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server ruined an otherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014Server ruined an otherwise great night. They are very strict about their 2 hour seating rules, so since service was slow we were told we couldn't have dessert. How is that our fault? I have no idea... So other than that, the steak was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG so awesome! The food theDuckyDined on 3/5/2014OMG so awesome! The food the staff, love it all. great guys , young, fun, engaging, loves food and its process and gives that to their patrons. what an awesome experience all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchJasonCDined on 2/23/2014I had been for dinner before and it was fantastic, decided to try for brunch and had the same experience. I nervously took a 3 year old but the staff were great and there was no issue when I requested a slight change to the dish that we ordered for her. Great spot, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40oz for 2JDrphDined on 2/15/2014We reserved to try the cote the boeuf and despite being disappointed about not being able to get one of the smaller portions of steak and a burger, we settled on sharing the 40oz steak (for two). The beef was cooked perfectly and we certainly had enough of the delicious steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014This is definitely the best steak in town and this includes the high-end steak joints like Jacob's and Morton's. The steak for two is a must order and I've never been dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at Bestellen!CitygirlchefDined on 2/13/2014I really enjoyed my experiece at Bestellen this week. The octopus, steak tatare, rib steak and hamburger as well as the oysters were all outstanding but it was the excellent service that really struck a cord with me. From the welcome at the door, to the bar staff to our wonderful server....all so invested in ensuring that we had a great time.Special Features:
- A very pleasurable experiencecitichixVIPDined on 2/2/2014We decided to try Bestellen for brunch last Sunday, we've been for dinner several times but not brunch. The menu had some old favourites as well as some new dishes (for us, anyway). We sat at the bar so that we could chat with Ryan since we hadn't seen him in a few months. Ryan made a couple of wonderful suggestions and boy was he right on! I had the Soft Scrambled Eggs, Parmigiano, Shaved La Quercia Ham & Toast, it was OUTSTANDING. Very rich, mind you, but so absolutely delicious I just couldn't stop myself from finishing the entire plate! My husband had the Breakfast Burger, Bacon, Egg, English Cheddar, Brioche Bun which he also loved. Bestellen has one of the best burgers in the city! Ryan is a wonderful host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - but noisyClayshapesDined on 1/23/2014We enjoyed the food and decor, and the service was very friendly, and efficient -- but acoustics are awful. You have to shout to have a conversation. Some people find a noisy venue energizing and exciting. I don't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good - never disappoints!misssayuriVIPDined on 1/18/2014Great atmosphere, lively hip and happening on a Saturday night. The Roman Fashioneds are awesome and truly a perfectly prepared burger with a decent portion of fries.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysTorontoVIPDined on 1/3/2014Came here for a birthday second year in a row, was not disappointed. 2 orders of côte de bœuf was more than enough for 3 people, but still left room for dessert. Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are better places for steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014The steak? Good. Outstanding? Not really. The value? Awful. We had a way better experience (and frankly a better steak) at Bar Isabel the week before- for the same cost- we had drinks (had none at best ellen)- and WAY more food. My boyfriend got a cheeseburger after.
- I was pleasantly surprisedmarckyrDined on 12/27/2013I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meat I have a tendency to be a bit of a beef snob and was left with nothing to complain aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013thank you for a very tasty meal ...we liked that there were special entrees for us to try...definitely see you again!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my partner to BestellenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2013I took my partner to Bestellen as a surprise congratulation dinner. I was a bit worried when I read a few of the poor reviews; however I found them to be quite untrue. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. While we were there the music was an appropriate volume and we could easily have a conversation without raising our voices (but it was a Sunday) Particularly notable were the burger and the cheesecake. My partner usually gets their burger done well but was convinced to order it like a steak - it was delicious. Now I am not a dessert person but the chevre cheese cake with candied oranges and pistachios was absolutely unbelievable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. We already have plans to go back.Special Features: