Best Lil' Porkhouse
60 Madera Blvd
Corte Madera, CA 94925Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Best Lil' Porkhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bestlilporkhouse.com/
- Phone: 4159277427
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-9:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Ken Flach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer BBQ for all your catering needs. Delivery, set up, servers and clean up.
- Private Party Facilities: Come have your birthday, corporate event, or any special day in our private dining room. We can help design a menu and anything else you may need to make your event a hit!
- Private Party Contact: Christina Flach 4157179864
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights we have live music and dancing!
A word from Best Lil' Porkhouse
Welcome to the Best Lil' Porkhouse. Ken and Christina Flach offer Southern inspired BBQ and Comfort food. Our meats are smoked to perfection. Free range, organic Mary's Free Range Chicken , Snake River Farms Pork and Painted Hills all natural Beef. We have our own Proprietary dry rub "PIgsy Dust" that we season all of our smoked meats with and our 6 different BBQ sauces are homemade daily. Our pastry chef makes fresh gourmet pies, cakes, cookies, and specialty baked goods. Come in and experience a country western environment while enjoying delicious BBQ!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Best Lil' Porkhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Delicious and funMarinDinerDined on 7/11/2014I went with three friends for dinner on Friday night. We had the huge combo meal that was to serve 6-8. The ribs, pork, brisket, and chicken were tasty. Nice selection of sauces to use. There was even a bit of meat to take home. The sides were delicious, especially the kale slaw. Wish the sides had been a little larger in portion and I think that there were only two pieces of cornbread that came with the meal. Thought that was odd since it was supposed to serve 6-8. I will definitely go back - even by myself and sit in the bar. There are plenty of TVs to watch games that happen to be on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyDined on 7/6/2014Not as busy as I thought it would be for Sunday lunch. We ordered appetizers -- mac and cheese was okay.Special Features:
- Pig OutJoeyDined on 6/21/2014The food was pre cooked not cooked to order so the food arrived quickly but everything served had an overcooked dryness quality. The portions are enormous so sharing is recommended. The different BBQ sauces on the table were flavorful and helped to add moisture. Most of the sides were deep fried except for the canned green beans mixed with bacon (0f course). In the end all 4 of us thought the service was good but the food was mediocre at best and we all felt really gross after.Special Features:
- Not long for MarinJJJJVIPDined on 6/18/2014Oh boy, what a terrible place. Décor, food and ambiance is horrible. Service was fine, but when they are serving bad food - there is nothing to say. I am guessing it won't be around next year.
- Passable in a pinchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014Perhaps St Louis BBQ is not to my taste, but my party and I were not impressed. Also, we felt really rushed by the waiter though there were plenty of empty seats to be had. We were barely into our apps when our entrees arrived. The wait-staff were friendly so that was nice.
- Lunchtime ReviewPJ12Dined on 5/15/2014Ate there at lunch time. Service a tad bit slow but not so bad I wouldn't try again and the sides are a bit pricey. The ribs, brisket, cole slaw, beans and onion rings were great. The potato salad had an odd taste - perhaps a spice we were not acquainted with the flavor. Overall, we enjoyed our lunch and all agreed we would return.Special Features:
- Good BBQ, very energetic ambienceMttamerVIPDined on 4/28/2014Very good BBQ, mate happy that St.Louis style ribs offered although he had devil of a time cutting between the bones. Nice selection of sides. We were in the bar which was NOISY. There is a separate dining room which we may request next time.Special Features:
- Below my expectationsMarinLocalDined on 4/26/2014Pros: pricing, menu options, live music, very busy bar section / crowded with a lot of families Cons: collard greens (made traditionally with ham hocks, but too salty), clam chowder soup had the consistency of a thick, chip dip, mac/cheese was served lukewarm so the cheese was near-solid, brisket was dry (maybe better, earlier in the day) Neutral: Pulled pork was overcooked for dinner, but probably great during lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avoid this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014None of the staff seem to speak English...nor do they have any idea what they are doing. We had a reservation for 4...they seated us in one room and our guests in another...we both sat waiting for 30 minutes until I decided to look in the other room. Staff is eager, but untrained and speak incomprehensible English. Restaurant is loud, disorganized and unattractive. Food is OK but doesn't overcome the negatives. We won't return.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Best Lil' Porkhouse reviews archive.
- murphDined on 4/18/2014Get ready to eat!!!!! The amount of food you get is unbelievable. And it was sooooo good, I recommend the kettle chips with cheese and bacon for an appetizer and do t forget the Mac and cheese as a side. Soooo good. The restraint has a great family BBQ feel. They have a game table with table games the kids can take back to their table. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for some down home. Omfort food. And my son loved the fact that you could throw your peanut she.la right on the floorSpecial Features:
- Great music, ok bbqOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/5/2014Well, we came to check out the band as well as the barbecue, and were not disappointed in the music, but the barbecue was a little disappointing. It seems they are still trying to figure out the best seating for the bar area during musical performances. The bbq ribs were pretty good, nice and meaty, tasty. The brisket was not great, reheated and dried out. Cornbread should be served hot. I hope they can fix the problems because we need a good barbecue joint in Marin!Special Features:
- great ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Pros: good draft beer choices, variety of good sides, tender ribs, happy hour 7 days a week from 3-6 Cons: service was a tad slow, no greens offered as a side My family went at 4 PM on a Saturday, therefore, the place was not full. We were able to get some happy hour items, which were probably not needed as we had PLENTY of food. I felt it was a good value and we liked all the sides. Service was a tad slow and I could see how the place could get noisy as it filled up. My husband would like to go back for the ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014Everything was very good, the BBQ, the sides (mac and cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, kale slaw). Service was very efficient and friendly. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The hostess seemed confusedMichaelDined on 3/23/2014The hostess seemed confused because several parties showed up at the same time. Even though we had a reservation and were on time, we weren't seated until she worked through the two parties that came in at the same time as us. Maybe they had reservations too, but I don't think so. Also, I had noted that it was a birthday dinner, but they didn't acknowledge it.Special Features:
- UghDiner007Dined on 3/1/2014Horrific noise level and chock full of children at 7:45 on a Saturday night. Very expensive for the atmosphere. Yes, great ribs but all the sides and salad were unremarkable.Special Features:
- LivelykikiVIPDined on 2/21/2014They need some other food options, a green salad with ribs, to offset all the calories. Tasty ribs and pulled pork perfectly cooked, , fries and onions rings were ok, baked potatoe would be nice option Kale slaw was a bit heavy with creamy dressing, would have been better with a lighter dressing
- Great barbeque!dzigDined on 2/21/2014If you are looking for some real Southern Barbeque, Best Lil' Porkhouse will be your new best friend. The food is yummy and portions are beyond huge. Bring your appetite and clear some room in the fridge for leftovers. Don't come for the wine list or the ambience, come for some great southern barbeque. And they even have fried okra!Special Features: