6350 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://besohollywood.com/
- Phone: (323) 467-7991
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Angel Estrada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Beso
Eva Longoria and Celebrity chef Todd English bring a boldly creative culinary style to the west coast! Beso restaurant takes a Latin approach to classic Steakhouse cuisine, featuring an eclectic and contemporary dinner menu. The dining room features wrap-around booths and overstuffed chairs in front of an open kitchen with a white oak wood burning grill. Join us in our sexy lounge for light bites, and cocktails made from muddled fruit. Explore unique tequilas, sangria, and an extensive wine list. Finish the evening upstairs in the newly remodeled “Estate Room”, previously known as Kiss lounge, where you feel as though you are on an outside patio under the moon light and stars. The olive trees are lit by candle lanterns and the ultimate Hollywood A-list nightlife mingle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Beso reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (131)special occasion (119)hot spot (66)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (56)vibrant bar scene (53)late-night find (47)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- beso over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014I had been looking forward to come to beso...I was unimpressed. The ambience didn't match the theme. Wine by the glass list is short, waitress didn't know how to pair wines well. My petite filet came out done I ordered it medium rare. I had them fix it and then all the food was great at that point. The food was good I can't lie but everything else was below par. Which left a bad taste in my mouth anyway. It was also over priced for what it was.Special Features:
- Great for a drink and snack before a show!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014This place is great for a drink and snack after work or before seeing a show in Hollywood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking in serviceBirthdayGirlDined on 11/21/2014The food and drinks were delicious. The Living Social deal was excellent. A soon as the service got slow the service declined. They were very slow to clean up our plates and bring us the bill. Also, I don't know if the valet parking is owned by the restaurant, but they are crooks. One attendant said the parking was $12.00, when I asked if the restaurant validated, he said no. The next attendant said the parking was $10.00. So we paid. Then I overheard the second attendant tell some customers that they needed to get the validation inside. It turned out the parking was free if you dined with Beso and attended the Pantages. Your hostess or waiters should inform the customers if they are running a special or even ask if they need validation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best-o-BespFangDined on 11/20/2014Love the good and nice staff. Work hard to accomodate special needs and requests. Top quality food for even a very discerning palate. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Our waiter had an attitude. Then gave us a wrong information about the show that was going on, then we asked to speak to the hostess and the hostess didn't bother to show up until end of the show. And she actually came with a bodyguard which is completely insulting and unnecessary. She had a very condescending tone and wasn't at all useful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Beso!DrTWVIPDined on 11/15/2014With all of the mixed reviews, especially regarding the quality of service, my husband and I did not know what to expect from our first time at Beso. We arrived early, before the restaurant opened, but they let us have a drink at the bar and seated us right on time. The service could not have been better, and our meal was very, very good. The skirt steak....well, let's just say we cannot wait to go back for that! The restaurant has a good promotion with the Pantages Theater - show your tickets and the valet parking is complementary. This is one of the prettier restaurants in town, and while there is more of a club vibe later in the evening, us oldsters will have no problem going back regularly, for an early bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aggresivepontiac08alldayumayDined on 11/14/2014The food was great but the waiter was very aggressive about gratuity. They Give you a suggested gratuity amount but I didn't feel the service was worth a $20 tip so I left $10. I'm waiting for my car to come up from vallet and the waiter comes out side with my bill that I paid for and left the tip and he was upset that I didn't do the suggested amount I told him that the service was okay and I gave what I felt was best he tries to then say it's a policy to pay the suggested amount I told him no I will not and I left. My bill was only 70 bucks I don't feel he went above an beyond for a 20 tip. I do not recommended this place because of these reasons alone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014I loved the ambiance and the service. The food was delicious and perfectly served. I must say the dessert topped it all. We had the churros that do not compare to anything we have ever had. Amaxzing!! However, I must say I absolutely do not appreciate going to use the ladies room and the mens room and having to be monitored by a person waiting for me to finish and watching me wash my hands and then hand me a towel to dry my hands so that I can tip them for a paper towel. That is cheap, tacky and shows no class at such an upscale and classy restaurant. I felt pressured and monitored and rushed. I did not appreciate that feeling. You do not see that kind of activities at the Mission Inn or at other types of upper scale restaurants. That should be done away with. That took away from the perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should of been betterBooooBesoDined on 11/13/2014So I took my wife to Beso for her birthday, and our experience was less than thrilling. From the Valet, to the doorman wearing Converse shoes with his jeans, to the receptionist, to the server, to the food. All were sub-par. When I go out and spend a couple hundred on dinner, I'm expecting better food than I can cook. That didn't happen. I also expect the server to be prompt and informative. That didn't happen either. 15 minutes after being seated we got our drinks, and we were not excited about any of the starters- we got Eva's guacamole, the ribs, and the tortilla soup. I will say the skirt steak was rather tasty, but my lamb was cooked raw to medium, and was less than succulent. My potatoes were under cooked. So not impressed.
- No FlavorSousWifeVIPDined on 11/13/2014The food tasted like it came out of the frozen section at Ralphs.
- 1st timeedgarDined on 11/12/2014Nice place good food don't like the fact they bring check when I'm still eating and haven't finish ordering overall nice place to have a romantic dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!JennDined on 11/12/2014David was great & so polite. The restaurant is gorgeous but if you need reading glasses you still my need to use a flashlight to read the menu.I had Eva's famous chicken tortilla soup & the 4 taco small plate. Both amazing! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portions and no front doorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014First off we couldn't find the entrance! I would recommend that the 2 entrance doors stay wide open by the valet. Maybe have a carpet and rope there.Also have the valet be a little more helpful in guiding the traffic or move the hostess table outside for check in similar to an airport.Overall we had a good time.However the food is way over priced for the potions. My man ordered the scallops and it $30 for 4 scallops. I'll we had was 3 appetizers and the scallops and 4 drinks and it was $150! the food is delicious though. The waiter was rude at the end because the card wasn't going through. He should consider that people travel from everywhere to go there and the bank blocked our card so we paid cash but he was very rude about it don't judgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedmgmtgirlDined on 11/8/2014The services was poor. The waitress was not attentive and wasn't able to recommend anything. She didn't come and check up on us and was kind of rude. Wasn't happy the fact the food was over priced and had to order the sides separate. Ordered medium rare new york steak and it was so tough it was like sawing through bones. And it didn't even come with any sides for the price. I will never come here again.Special Features:
- Excellent food!Luv2dineDined on 11/8/2014Really enjoyed everything at Beso, from the ambience to the food. Excellent all the way aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TouristyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Pedestrian food. Good service and ambiance. Located on Hollywood Blvd, so much of crowd was touristas. Not that there is anything inherently wrong wit that...just be aware that the QC is addressed to that somewhat less demanding clientele.
- Quick Food ServiceSCP2013VIPDined on 11/8/2014we went to an early dinner were seated right away and ALL of our food came out at one time, they could have done a much better job at brining it dish by dish. portions were huge would have been helpful to know that since we ordered thinking tapas style. it was good but fries were not crisp and pizza with shrimp bland, ribs were delicious and guacamole needed a lot of saltSpecial Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Food was great, service was lovely. Perfect for before the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely MealJKZDADDined on 11/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first meal at Beso. The bar and restaurant menus provide a nice variety of offerings (including signature drinks, a nice selection of wines, and a variety of starters, small plates and entrees). The restaurant itself is beautiful, quiet and feels intimate. As an added benefit, we have heard of Eva Longoria's commitment to organic, locally sourced and healthy foods (and her commitment to buying from suppliers that pay their workers decent wages).Special Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014salmon was really outstanding. prices are moderateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServicebellamiaDined on 11/3/2014Food was ok was expecting more for the price and all the hoopla. Service was the worst took for ever just to get my drink. Asked about a simple question what type of cheese was in the meal and that took for ever to be answered. For the price it was a no go, will not be returning. service slow food mediocre.
- So... SoCity124Dined on 11/1/2014It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Maybe your experience will be better. Good luck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place ever.Sunluvincalimom1Dined on 11/1/2014We've been here twice and I'm always dying to go back. I had the scallops and my husband had the pork chop. They were both to die for. Make sure you also order the side of corn it is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dining at BesoYahmonDined on 11/1/2014This is my first ever review. My wife and I might be considered "foodies" and might have higher standards but a restaurant with this price point ostensibly run by Todd English should certainly be able to attain a good review. Beso was nice enough from an ambience standpoint - BUT - the service was incredibly slow! We had an early pre-theatre reservation and had to wait for our table despite the restaurant being nearly empty. Then we had to wait about 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive. Our waiter never brought one item to our table and only checked on us once during dinner (after the first bite to ask how everything was). We wanted to have more wine with our dinner but the waiter never came by to ask if we wanted another drink. Ultimately, the service was so slow, the restaurant lost out on a lot of extra money. We would have ordered more wine, dessert and cappucino but since the staff was so unattentative, we were never able to order anything extra before having to leave for the theatre. The food was nothing special. I was expecting much more from Todd English from a food and experience standpoint. I honestly don't know how they stay in business with such bad service.
- Fun nightrxkarmaDined on 11/1/2014I must say this restaurant is super romantic. We had the sea bass ceviche which was very tender, but lacking a bit of flavor. What I found interesting that there was no salt on the table and I was never offered fresh cracked pepper on my meal. The scallops were very good and the rack of lamb was superb. I would definitely go back for the flavorful rack of lamb. Service could have been better. It took the waiter 20 minutes after ordering my drink to return and tell me they could not make my drink, because they ran out of bitters. So good food, need work on the service. I got a snobby vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and not worth itLANativeDined on 11/1/2014The place was nice and service was good. Unfortunately the food was basic and extremely overpriced. All four of us could not say we enjoyed our appetizers or main dishes. We left very disappointed.Special Features:
- JRGPRVIPDined on 10/28/2014They have definitely changed...no more bread, tortillas brought to the table etc except on weekends now. And they are a bit too quick to try and grab a plate or glass from the table. But the food was good, the place pretty, and it is close to the Pantages.
- Tasty foodBa1rezDined on 10/25/2014Food was great, lots of flavor, a la carte style menu not cool for Latin cuisine.. ambience was good thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/24/2014We really liked Besso. The menu selection is limited which i like. I believe that when a restaurant limits the choices they can focus on quality and taste, and Besso hot the Mark. We started off by sharing Eva's Guacamole, nothing special just good homemade guacamole. Then we shared the ceviche, it was GREAT. Fresh and delicious and flavorful! Then for a main course we shared the Chili rubbed skirt steak. The chili flavor was delicious not hot, tons of flavor. We also ordered the Veracruz corn as a side, Roasted corn with Chili's and cheese and baked in a cast iron ramekin, one of the best corn dishes we have ever had. The place is dark, but that is what makes it a great romantic night out. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Parking overshadowed the eveningSuzanneLADined on 10/23/2014$12 for valet parking! And a rude valet on top of it. There were 4 of us. None of us will ever go back. There was nothing special about the restaurant to overcome the $12 parking charge
- Food was perfect, service was awfulInCalifromTexasDined on 10/22/2014Our food was excellent I had the Shrimp Fettucine & my daughter had the Jidori Chicken, both were perfect. The Rose wine was NOT a Rose (even though the waiter promised it was), it was Pinot Grigio. We waited 10 mins to even give a drink order. Our waiter was just not good. He never checked on us & he was fighting with the help staff that was trying to help him. He was complaining about being too busy but the young lady who was training someone else had more tables than him & she was doing great. Now, the three gentlemen that were helping, THEY were AWESOME. We still loved it & will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for PantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014They have free parking for Pantages ticket holders. Our tickets are on Wednesday when they have a great special. It's just perfect to go to the Theater.Special Features:
- New Favorite PlacelovethisplaceDined on 10/21/2014Beso, is my new favorite place to eat before heading over to the Pantages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beso Hollywood LovelyGraceandGodDined on 10/21/2014My rack of lamb was superb and my friends scallops divine. The Cesar salad just right. Missing though was their famous bread and we were told they only serve it on weekends. A bummer. I always enjoy my food, the service, and the ambiance. A good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsophisticatedpaletteDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was so dark, you needed a flashlight to read the menu. The tables are so close you can't help from listening on conversations of other diners. The food was not memorable. Unfortunately, this was one of the worst fine dining experiences I have ever had. I will not be recommending Beso to anyone.
- Fancy but crowdedLoveSuitingUpDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was quite nice except the tables in the middle were very crammed and had little wiggle room. They should really get rid of at least two of them and spread them out some more. The food was great but very spendy for the quality and the quantity. It was enjoyable for the fancy date night I was hoping for though.Special Features:
- Nice but dark...Kihei4meVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food is very good and so is service although it can be spotty at times (as commented by others). The restaurant itself is very dark - I think a restaurant is dark whenever I need a flashlight to read the bill. Makes you wonder what they may be hiding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the small things that countMillertymeVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have frequented this restaurant numerous times, but unfortunately it's been on a slow decline. Each subsequent visit had become more disappointing. Unless I read more positive reviews in the not so near future, it won't be on my recommendation or option list. We made reservations well in advance (two weeks) and requested a booth... and even confirmed the reservation the day of. (The booth accommodation was hot honored). Moving forward to ordering a drink... Not Good. A diet coke thereafter; it was sent back twice because the concentration mix was off... Rather than test the mixture or get it from another pump, we simply settled for an iced teas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Liam was a great server..and the food was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- After Pantages showNickoDined on 10/11/2014The food was very good, had the Branzino fish, whole!. Drinks were good too. Nice place to eat before or after a Pantages Theater show. Had the Churro's for dessert, very good! The only complaint was the restaurant lighting. It is very dark in the restaurant. You need a flashlight app on your cell phone to read the menu's! As I looked around I noticed just about every table was using there cell phones to read the menu. Other then that no complaints, all good.Special Features: