6350 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://besohollywood.com/
- Phone: 3234677991
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Angel Estrada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Beso
Eva Longoria and Celebrity chef Todd English bring a boldly creative culinary style to the west coast! Beso restaurant takes a Latin approach to classic Steakhouse cuisine, featuring an eclectic and contemporary dinner menu. The dining room features wrap-around booths and overstuffed chairs in front of an open kitchen with a white oak wood burning grill. Join us in our sexy lounge for light bites, and cocktails made from muddled fruit. Explore unique tequilas, sangria, and an extensive wine list. Finish the evening upstairs in the newly remodeled “Estate Room”, previously known as Kiss lounge, where you feel as though you are on an outside patio under the moon light and stars. The olive trees are lit by candle lanterns and the ultimate Hollywood A-list nightlife mingle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Beso reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (168)special occasion (145)hot spot (72)vibrant bar scene (66)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (56)late-night find (54)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Been there done that.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I had been to Beso before but only for drinks and loved the decor. My mom was visiting and I wanted to give her the whole "Hollywood experience" and I thought Beso would be the perfect place for dinner. The service was great; we were early for our reservation and they sat us right away. Two thumbs up! The drinks were fantastic! The food was just OK. To me, Beso is pretty basic Mexican food. The menu is appealing but the food did not deliver. We ordered the guacamole and the chips were stale and the guacamole did not taste fresh. The fish we ordered was delicious and highly recommended by the waitress but otherwise nothing was very noteworthy about the food. I would recommend to anyone who wants drinks and maybe appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014This is the second time at Beso. The place is just spectacular. The food is some of the best anywhere. The staff are very friendly and available whenever needed without being intrusive. Will definately make this a place on my return list.Special Features:
- Great. great, greatsherryDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service. This restaurant is beautiful but very dark. We sat in a booth on the 2nd floor with a little more light but was still cozy. The wait staff were well informed, efficient and pleasant to deal with. I will return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un beso para BesoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014I loved this place. As soon as you walk in, the restaurant makes an impression. The food is fantastic - from the appetizers to the entrees. I didn't try the desserts but they looked/sounded amazing, as well. The drinks were also phenomenal. The only issue I had with this place was the separate lounge area upstairs - we were seated pretty close to it and it was LOUD! There was a party of some sort and while the music was great, it was overwhelming at times. It would be nice if there was a partition or perhaps it was situated further away from the diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland, bland, blandJeremyVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant needs to change three things to survive: 1. The lighting I guess it could be considered romantic, but it was several minutes before our eyes could adjust. It is just too dark. 2. The greet at the door The first question is whether we have some sort of coupon thing from one of those flash sale sites -- I wouldn't want to be one of those guests 3. The chef We had four small plates and the only one with any sort of real flavor was the chorizo and shrimp flatbread and that was just ok. We asked for salt and that made the guacamole better, but seriously, it's like someone raided the kitchen and stole all the salt and spices. Everything was just plain bland. On a good note, the service was incredibly fast.
- Evening at theatreLot2luvDined on 8/28/2014Perfect spot for meal before performance at Pantages. Ambiance, great tasting salad, tacos, salmon, margaritas and special coffee with real cream to top it all off. Service was impeccable. Would definitely recommend this hotspot and look forward to going back soon:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastykatawumpasDined on 8/28/2014This was my second visit to Beso and it was much, much better. We chose better food items and our service was excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014loved the food. the setting was awesoMe. the food was to die and coMe back for good. loved the linguini and the strawberry (virgin) Marguerita was fab.Special Features:
- Great ambianceyumyumDined on 8/25/2014Great ambiance, good food and great drinks. Reservations through open table is very convenient. Monday nights are surprisingly somewhat busy there so nice change for a MondaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely ambiencepassDined on 8/25/2014Love, Love, LOVE the way this restaurant is designed! Beautiful and dark inside with candles flickering throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not go backdiva21Dined on 8/23/2014Will not go back we were sitted on a table right in the middle where everyone was walking by constantly getting bump by waiter or people walking bySpecial Features:
- Very disappointedlove2dineDined on 8/22/2014We were celebrating my friend's husband's birthday; we started at Greek Theatre & we were very excited to end it with dinner at Beso. Our res. was at 10:45pm; The restaurant called the day before to confirm, I explain we were coming from GT & may be a few minutes late . .I was told "no problem, I'll note under your reservations". It was 10:45pm when we got to Beso and could not find parking . I called & said "I have res. for 10:45pm but" B4 I could finish my phrase I was rudely cut off with "sorry kitchen is closed" & hang up on me . .I called back & tried to explained I had let them know I would be a bit late . .again rudely cut off with "sorry, I said kitchen is close!!" & "she" hang up again. BDay person upset & went home W/ no dinner.Special Features:
- SWEET KISSdukeofpadreDined on 8/20/2014this place is very romantic and our waiter for was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glamorous and romantic ambienceNBgalDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is glamorous and romantic. The food was quite good and reasonably priced, considering the setting. The service was really good too. It's a great spot for a romantic date. We really enjoyed dining here.Special Features:
- Msdj1957Dined on 8/19/2014Great place to go for an anniversary, birthday or valentines day. I would not recommend bringing kids. I would say it is mainly for couples, or a few close friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant ExperienceHerbDined on 8/19/2014After acclimating to the low lighting, we enjoyed all the dishes that we ordered. The serving staff was attentive without being pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndeterminedkatawumpasDined on 8/13/2014I expected better. Something is lacking, but I can't put my finger on it. It might be the dark room and all those candles and glass. No sure. Food and service fine, but not as good as it could be. Lobster quesadilla needs to be revisited.
- EdlimDined on 8/12/2014excellent. I am pleasantly surprised. I have been there in the past but this experience is better. I like the tuna tartar and chicken adobo tacos. The shrimp mojo de ajo is spectacular. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- perfect!JRikiDined on 8/11/2014The ambiance was perfect. Absolutely loved this place and will be attending much more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantmaiaraDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I bought a coupon in groupon website and went there. We made a reservation quite late and went there earlier there, the front desk guy was nice, got us a table right away, so we dis not have to wait for the time of our reservation. The food was very good! I really liked it! I did not enjoy the margarita, because it was too strong for me (maybe not for anyone else), but the waitress saw that and she took it off the check! We really liked the restaurante, i would totally reccomend it and i would go back there of i had a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodrosaljDined on 8/9/2014The Food Was Delicious And Fresh. The Ambiance Was Nice and RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be better!LeoluxukVIPDined on 8/9/2014Julian at the front desk was phenomenal… he knows people by first names, made us feel very comfortable and started the evening off perfectly. The food was luke warm, not very testy and despite the restaurant not being super busy.. we waited 10 mins for a second drink after our first round had been drank. Probably won’t go back.. just not as good as so many other places in town.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The inside was really nice. When I arrived the place was super quiet, I didn't even want to talk. The food was good but I have tasted better food for the same price.Special Features:
- elainejVIPDined on 8/8/2014Prices very high for food that was mediocre at best. Lamb Chops very tough and even with a steak knife, difficult to cut. Salmon was raw in the middle and served alone with only a few leaves of garnish. This was at $28.00. They have to get their act together for us to return.Special Features:
- Really bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014I wouldn't return. We came to celebrate our engagement and they hardly paid any attention to us all night.
- Great TimeRichardreviewDined on 8/6/2014We had a great time at Beso. We were dining prior to a show. The service was quick and food excellent. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining in LADenversbestVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was horrible! Ketchup in my ceviche!!!! No seasoning on anything, tons I mean tons of corn chips to overwhelm every dish. The server was sweet and tried hard but this place needs to be revamped from every aspect
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant has good atmosphere, every one are kind and pleasant and very friendly, food are good and I will recommend to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingHalpVIPDined on 8/5/2014This is a very dark restaurant. Bring a flashlight to see the menu.Special Features:
- nice placenealVIPDined on 8/5/2014we had 4 small plates. food was great and we were full at the endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible servicedelicacyDined on 8/2/2014It was my friend's birthday and since neither of us has ever been to Beso, I thought this would be a great place to take my friend for his birthday dinner. I made a reservation through OpenTable where I specified in the comments that it is my friend's birthday, so if they had a dessert they could bring out in the end for him that would be great. At the restaurant, the hostess acknowledged my comment and said, "Happy birthday." However, if this was a surprise birthday, the surprise would have been ruined. The server was terrible; He was very unfriendly and did not check on us once to see how the food was, which as I mentioned in the title was actually great. In the end, he brought out the dessert menus for us, so no birthday dessert!Special Features:
- A very nice place indeed...CulasaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful restaurant, affordable delicious food, ample portions, and efficient service. The only issue I have is the lighting -- much too dark for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisey!BachiDined on 8/2/2014Not romantic, very noisey, service was poor, food was good though. Probably a place for a younger crowd. will probably not go back, been here done that.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014This place is trying too hard to be trendy. The restaurant is kept so dark that it is impossible to read the menu. I was constantly being bumped by staff and customers because they couldn't see where they were going. My mother ordered the tacos because she had heard of the Latin influence. They were served on flat bread and flavorless. They had no tortillas ore decent salsa to spice up the dish. The lamb that I ordered was delicious. The filets were mediocre. Even though they had just updated the menu, they were out of my first 2 choices of wine. How hard is it to keep updated? With so many great restaurants in town, why waste time and money here?
- BESO FOOD - BOOSHUTTERSDined on 8/1/2014SUCH A BEAUTIFULLY DECORATED RESTAURANT WITH GREAT LIVELY AMBIENCE, HOWEVER THE FOOD DOES NOT LIVE UP TO THE ANTICIPATION OR HYPE OF OWNERSHIP OR CHEF. BETTER SEASONED FOOD ON A FOOD TRUCK. LOOKING FOR A MORE AUTHENTIC LATIN MENU. BLAND TASTING. I NEVER USE SALT OR HOT SAUCE AND EVERY DISH NEEDED SOMETHING. THE DRINKS WERE GREAT, MUSIC WAS HYPE, STAFF WAS GREAT, VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE FOOD. BEEN THERE TWO TIMES...I'LL EAT BEFORE I GO BACK ON A 3RD VISITSpecial Features:
- NewhalresidentVIPDined on 8/1/2014Atmosphere was nice, Food was great, drinks were also very good but the Wine list was VERY EXPENSIVE.Special Features:
- Surprisedalex24Dined on 7/30/2014I liked the ambience but for the price and location I was surprised that my steak stood under a heat lamp while they made my dates food. In addition the 'fattoush' also stood under the heat lamp, so I ended up getting soggy tortilla chips and hot slices of tomato. Maybe it was the fact that we had a "groupon"" because they asked us when we entered and based on my prior experience where we dined as regular patrons, the service and food was night and day.Special Features:
- 24th wedding anniversaryGabbyngabe4Dined on 7/30/2014We had a great time. I has a spa tequila really good with 2 I was done , we'll one but I had 2. Ate the jumbo shrimp linguine with white wine sauce delicious , gabe had salmon w mash potatoes he loved it with his jack n coke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticAKfromLADined on 7/30/2014Great dim lighting, cool vibe. Romantic, and it feels like a celebrity could walk in at any time. The VIP lounge very chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceImprovementDined on 7/29/2014Out waitress was great. She was always asking if we were doing okay or needed anything. The food was fantastic. The service over all was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.