6350 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://besohollywood.com/
- Phone: 3234677991
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Angel Estrada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Beso
Eva Longoria and Celebrity chef Todd English bring a boldly creative culinary style to the west coast! Beso restaurant takes a Latin approach to classic Steakhouse cuisine, featuring an eclectic and contemporary dinner menu. The dining room features wrap-around booths and overstuffed chairs in front of an open kitchen with a white oak wood burning grill. Join us in our sexy lounge for light bites, and cocktails made from muddled fruit. Explore unique tequilas, sangria, and an extensive wine list. Finish the evening upstairs in the newly remodeled “Estate Room”, previously known as Kiss lounge, where you feel as though you are on an outside patio under the moon light and stars. The olive trees are lit by candle lanterns and the ultimate Hollywood A-list nightlife mingle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Beso reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (156)special occasion (136)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (65)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (61)late-night find (57)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (7)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DisappointingsophisticatedpaletteDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant was so dark, you needed a flashlight to read the menu. The tables are so close you can't help from listening on conversations of other diners. The food was not memorable. Unfortunately, this was one of the worst fine dining experiences I have ever had. I will not be recommending Beso to anyone.
- Fancy but crowdedLoveSuitingUpDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant was quite nice except the tables in the middle were very crammed and had little wiggle room. They should really get rid of at least two of them and spread them out some more. The food was great but very spendy for the quality and the quantity. It was enjoyable for the fancy date night I was hoping for though.Special Features:
- Nice but dark...Kihei4meVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food is very good and so is service although it can be spotty at times (as commented by others). The restaurant itself is very dark - I think a restaurant is dark whenever I need a flashlight to read the bill. Makes you wonder what they may be hiding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the small things that countMillertymeVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have frequented this restaurant numerous times, but unfortunately it's been on a slow decline. Each subsequent visit had become more disappointing. Unless I read more positive reviews in the not so near future, it won't be on my recommendation or option list. We made reservations well in advance (two weeks) and requested a booth... and even confirmed the reservation the day of. (The booth accommodation was hot honored). Moving forward to ordering a drink... Not Good. A diet coke thereafter; it was sent back twice because the concentration mix was off... Rather than test the mixture or get it from another pump, we simply settled for an iced teas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Liam was a great server..and the food was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- After Pantages showNickoDined on 10/11/2014The food was very good, had the Branzino fish, whole!. Drinks were good too. Nice place to eat before or after a Pantages Theater show. Had the Churro's for dessert, very good! The only complaint was the restaurant lighting. It is very dark in the restaurant. You need a flashlight app on your cell phone to read the menu's! As I looked around I noticed just about every table was using there cell phones to read the menu. Other then that no complaints, all good.Special Features:
- Great placeMassimo4hairDined on 10/8/2014Great food, service and ambiance, disappointed that they don't serve Paella on the menu anymoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinner placeluvari26Dined on 10/8/2014I enjoy coming here when I can. I love their menu and drinks. I'm disappointed that they no longer serve their chimichurri sauce, it was my favorite. Still a great place though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Went for a friend's birthday. Was told on multiple occasions that the kitchen would be closing early so ordering was rushed. We had booked a reservation so was expecting to still be able to order food. Our food came out quickly, but was mediocre tasting. The waitress was good but kept saying strange things making the table feel uncomfortable. The host at the front was kind, but didn't seem to know what was going on. When asked where the bar was, she pointed me in the direction but had no idea what she was talking about. The bartender chatted with a lot of the larger groups but failed to pay much attention to me when I was waiting for my party. In addition, I found it strange that you have to close your tab at the bar before being seated.
- It's okNonameaterVIPDined on 10/4/2014Don't know what else to say but it's ok. You're paying for a lot of fluff and getting just ok in return. Even bread is extra. Our cook cooked everything a little too much. It was all BBQ charred, so it ALL tasted the same- the bread, the steak, the pizza.... No one told me of the specials or fish till I asked later. They are more I to selling you alcohol for profitSpecial Features:
- Besos to BesoFatGirlSlimVIPDined on 10/3/2014Vibrant bar scene starting at 1030ish.. Ordered the 28oz Rib eye mashed potatoes and corn.. All good, drinks delicious, service pretty good also. Will definitely return..Special Features:
- Elegant placeclassyNightingalesDined on 10/2/2014This is my second time to Beso. I must say-service definitely kicked up a notch. My family & I had a fabulous time celebrating my birthday there. Food was excellent & the ambience was very elegant/classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food - Tiny portions -sunkenshipDined on 9/30/2014No taste. Skirt steak medium rare with roasted canned corn $30 The waiter recommend this dish. Steak was slimy and did not taste fresh. Lobster quesadilla $14 Half of a half toritilla with a pinch of lobster and a pinch of cheese. Beautiful, beautiful romantic restaurant with so much potential. Service was amazing. Music was perfect. If I'm going to spend more than $150 on "appetizers" I'd rather go to El Torito.Special Features:
- Wonderful !MargoVIPDined on 9/30/2014Went with a groupon and the value and quality of food superb. Only complaint no bread for table on weekdays??? Odd is that because Californians only eat carbs on weekends?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gennie's BrithdayTreeceDined on 9/27/2014I used the groupon to pay for this gathering of five picky women and it was well worth it. The ladies enjoyed their food and drinks and left with a smile on their faces. We will come back soon.Special Features:
- Just okayTengoHambreDined on 9/27/2014Not much bang for your buck here. Extremely over priced, especially for the portion sizes. Romantic dim lighting a plus. Awkward entrance with creepy door man. Food was mediocre. Cucumber cooler (cocktail) and shrimp chorizo flatbread (small plate) our favorite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent! The service was good. The restroom though is so small.Special Features:
- Beso RestaurantCynthiaDined on 9/23/2014The ambiance was so romantic! Sets the mood and tone right at night. It was just us, my boyfriend and I, and we bought a voucher through amazon local, for "Beso Restaurant." It was a good deal, on Amazon Local. Worth $60.00, to spend, but we bought the voucher, for $30.00, good on any food or drink. Service is good, yet it's very pricey at "Beso Restaurant." Entree plates start at least $26.00, alcoholic drinks start at $12.00 and up! But with our voucher, it really helped out a lot. I recommend this restaurant only, if you're dining in for a special occasion. Other than that, it's too pricey for just dining in for a normal occasion. Reservations are highly recommend, as well as semi-casual business attire too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ServerKimbaDined on 9/20/2014Our evening started with poor service where we sat unattended at our table for nearly 15 minutes except for getting water. We then flagged down a hostess who quickly addressed the problem and explained that no server knew they were assigned to us. The service was fine afterwards. The evening started off bumpy, but we did enjoy ourselves in the end. The atmosphere was nice and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beso Mi Muchotatted537637143Dined on 9/20/2014We got a same day reservation. They have valet parking but they could improve their service for valet. $10.00 valet - $20.00 if you want them to keep it close. They parked my car across the street (so much for keeping it close) and then just handed me my keys and me and my wife walked across the street to get it. I really like this restaurant. They greet you at the door - we were seated immediately with our reservation at 7:00 p.m. The choices are somewhat limited but the food is really good. You're not going to get super full so I don't suggest coming here if you are starving. Service is a little rushed. They could pause a little between plates. I'd come back here for sure though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014If you come hungry, you'll be disappointed, they dont give good portions and its quite expensive and so is parking.Special Features:
- So disappointed.AsheroooooooVIPDined on 9/20/2014It used to be good. The service was slow and the guy messed up some stuff. The food was fair.
- The door man was super rude!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The doorman looked at my group and I and was extremely curt and left a sour taste in our mouths. We felt unwelcome from that first moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beso experienceLAFoodieDined on 9/17/2014The service was less than adequate. We were informed that they were short-handed. Had I been the manager, I would have pooled the rest of the staff and got more people on the floor to take care of customers. Instead, there were non-waitstaff just sitting around doing nothing while the only two waiters in the place took care of all of the tables. The food was terrific! Great menu and everything tasted amazing. We purchased an $85 bottle of a Justin Cab/Merlot blend. Unfortunately, the wine was not room temperature or even slightly chilled. It was actually very warm and negatively affected the taste of the wine. Loved the ambiance and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Will not return againMJV13Dined on 9/16/2014This is my second time giving Beso as second chance. Again, I was disappointed with my experience. The room was dark that we had a hard time looking at the menu. As I look around a lot of the customers were using their smartphone as a flashlight so that they can see the menu and their food. I ordered the grilled pork chop. My server didn't give me a steak knife to cut my pork. Our server were hard to catch and couldn't find her. I waited to ask for a steak knife but I couldn't wait any longer. So I used the butter knife that I had on the table. The pork was so hard to cut and chewing it was tough. The sweet potato and wine sauce was delicious.The music was loud that my friends and I had hard time hearing our own conversation.Special Features:
- Food is amazingsherryDined on 9/16/2014The food was beyond delicious but our server was not attentive and didn't know the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too dark!romanaDined on 9/12/2014the place is heavy on ambience, but a few more lights wouldn't hurt. it felt like the abercrombie of restaurants: hip and overpriced, but overall fun. the food was fine, but forgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for friendsPatcDined on 9/12/2014Had a date night with hubby and another couple. Food was interesting and delicious. My friend is having some problems with her appetite, but thoroughly enjoyed the food. Staff was professional, even when my friend mi send the bench and fell. Service was good. Will go again even if I don't have travel zoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place!LisaBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beso offers a beautiful environment for its guests. The bar is stunning and the cocktail selection offers something for all palates. The prix-fixe menu was adequate, but the presentation of the items we selected left an impression. We will go back to Beso.Special Features:
- disappointinghopedforbetterDined on 9/12/2014marguerite flatbread was undercooked; ribs were good; chicken dry and overcooked; flan boring; scallops were good but potatoes were not a good combo and the sweet sauce was strange.Special Features:
- Way too expensive to be BLAHReevyoozDined on 9/8/2014Eh food. Inattentive service. Way too dark. Annoying music. Bathrooms, while clean, look prehistoric (or unchanged since the time that Leed's Shoe Store was still on the site). And they were OUT OF DECAF ESPRESSO! (OK, that last comment isn't a crime...but it WAS sad news.)
- BesofeedmeseymourDined on 9/5/2014The most important thing to know about Beso is this: GET. THE. CHURROS. The "chocolate flan" was not actually a flan at all (it was cakey), but the churros were to die for. The drinks were really good too! Also all the food, but especially the churros.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014It was our first time visiting, so we ordered the small plates to try a variety of dishes. Three plates were satisfying and left room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereFoodie333Dined on 9/4/2014Beso has great food choices and we enjoyed the small plate options. It made is possible to enjoy dessert as well.Special Features:
- It's ok..jrOnFoodDined on 9/2/2014I expected the food to be better.. tried to order steak and they said they ran out.. service was a bit slow on a not so busy Tuesday.Special Features:
- Beso never againChrisDined on 9/2/2014We went with 4 people for the first time to Beso. All of us shared the same opinion, that we'll never go there again. The food wasn't tasty, the service was terrible and next to us a team shot a movie. Based on the female actors we imagine what kind of movie they shot. I had a steak and ordered it medium rare and got it well done. My fellows ordered a soup, but they had no bread for the soup. The waiter never asked, I assume on purpose, how liked the foot. The restroom was disgusting because it smelled and looked like a public one at a major train station. Overall a very negative experience.Special Features:
- Been there done that.audgepodgeDined on 8/30/2014I had been to Beso before but only for drinks and loved the decor. My mom was visiting and I wanted to give her the whole "Hollywood experience" and I thought Beso would be the perfect place for dinner. The service was great; we were early for our reservation and they sat us right away. Two thumbs up! The drinks were fantastic! The food was just OK. To me, Beso is pretty basic Mexican food. The menu is appealing but the food did not deliver. We ordered the guacamole and the chips were stale and the guacamole did not taste fresh. The fish we ordered was delicious and highly recommended by the waitress but otherwise nothing was very noteworthy about the food. I would recommend to anyone who wants drinks and maybe appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014This is the second time at Beso. The place is just spectacular. The food is some of the best anywhere. The staff are very friendly and available whenever needed without being intrusive. Will definately make this a place on my return list.Special Features:
- Great. great, greatsherryDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service. This restaurant is beautiful but very dark. We sat in a booth on the 2nd floor with a little more light but was still cozy. The wait staff were well informed, efficient and pleasant to deal with. I will return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beso Me MuchoLJefeEKDined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend and I experienced Beso for the first time this past Saturday (08/30/14). We got there right before they opened and the valet service wasn't up and running. No big whoop. It is extremely dark inside and we, along with other patrons, used our phones to see our menus. However, our server Luis was awesome and we took advantage of his item suggestions. The food was beyond excellent. We were even blessed with some sauce and flat bread compliments of the chef. Everything we ate was rich in flavor and deliriousness. Couldn't be happier with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.