6350 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://besohollywood.com/
- Phone: 3234677991
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Angel Estrada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Beso
Eva Longoria and Celebrity chef Todd English bring a boldly creative culinary style to the west coast! Beso restaurant takes a Latin approach to classic Steakhouse cuisine, featuring an eclectic and contemporary dinner menu. The dining room features wrap-around booths and overstuffed chairs in front of an open kitchen with a white oak wood burning grill. Join us in our sexy lounge for light bites, and cocktails made from muddled fruit. Explore unique tequilas, sangria, and an extensive wine list. Finish the evening upstairs in the newly remodeled “Estate Room”, previously known as Kiss lounge, where you feel as though you are on an outside patio under the moon light and stars. The olive trees are lit by candle lanterns and the ultimate Hollywood A-list nightlife mingle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Beso reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (155)special occasion (137)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (62)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (54)late-night find (50)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Will not return againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This is my second time giving Beso as second chance. Again, I was disappointed with my experience. The room was dark that we had a hard time looking at the menu. As I look around a lot of the customers were using their smartphone as a flashlight so that they can see the menu and their food. I ordered the grilled pork chop. My server didn't give me a steak knife to cut my pork. Our server were hard to catch and couldn't find her. I waited to ask for a steak knife but I couldn't wait any longer. So I used the butter knife that I had on the table. The pork was so hard to cut and chewing it was tough. The sweet potato and wine sauce was delicious.The music was loud that my friends and I had hard time hearing our own conversation.Special Features:
- Too dark!romanaDined on 9/12/2014the place is heavy on ambience, but a few more lights wouldn't hurt. it felt like the abercrombie of restaurants: hip and overpriced, but overall fun. the food was fine, but forgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for friendsPatcDined on 9/12/2014Had a date night with hubby and another couple. Food was interesting and delicious. My friend is having some problems with her appetite, but thoroughly enjoyed the food. Staff was professional, even when my friend mi send the bench and fell. Service was good. Will go again even if I don't have travel zoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place!LisaBDined on 9/12/2014Beso offers a beautiful environment for its guests. The bar is stunning and the cocktail selection offers something for all palates. The prix-fixe menu was adequate, but the presentation of the items we selected left an impression. We will go back to Beso.Special Features:
- disappointinghopedforbetterDined on 9/12/2014marguerite flatbread was undercooked; ribs were good; chicken dry and overcooked; flan boring; scallops were good but potatoes were not a good combo and the sweet sauce was strange.Special Features:
- Way too expensive to be BLAHReevyoozDined on 9/8/2014Eh food. Inattentive service. Way too dark. Annoying music. Bathrooms, while clean, look prehistoric (or unchanged since the time that Leed's Shoe Store was still on the site). And they were OUT OF DECAF ESPRESSO! (OK, that last comment isn't a crime...but it WAS sad news.)
- BesofeedmeseymourDined on 9/5/2014The most important thing to know about Beso is this: GET. THE. CHURROS. The "chocolate flan" was not actually a flan at all (it was cakey), but the churros were to die for. The drinks were really good too! Also all the food, but especially the churros.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014It was our first time visiting, so we ordered the small plates to try a variety of dishes. Three plates were satisfying and left room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereFoodie333Dined on 9/4/2014Beso has great food choices and we enjoyed the small plate options. It made is possible to enjoy dessert as well.Special Features:
- It's ok..jrOnFoodDined on 9/2/2014I expected the food to be better.. tried to order steak and they said they ran out.. service was a bit slow on a not so busy Tuesday.Special Features:
- Beso never againChrisDined on 9/2/2014We went with 4 people for the first time to Beso. All of us shared the same opinion, that we'll never go there again. The food wasn't tasty, the service was terrible and next to us a team shot a movie. Based on the female actors we imagine what kind of movie they shot. I had a steak and ordered it medium rare and got it well done. My fellows ordered a soup, but they had no bread for the soup. The waiter never asked, I assume on purpose, how liked the foot. The restroom was disgusting because it smelled and looked like a public one at a major train station. Overall a very negative experience.Special Features:
- Been there done that.audgepodgeDined on 8/30/2014I had been to Beso before but only for drinks and loved the decor. My mom was visiting and I wanted to give her the whole "Hollywood experience" and I thought Beso would be the perfect place for dinner. The service was great; we were early for our reservation and they sat us right away. Two thumbs up! The drinks were fantastic! The food was just OK. To me, Beso is pretty basic Mexican food. The menu is appealing but the food did not deliver. We ordered the guacamole and the chips were stale and the guacamole did not taste fresh. The fish we ordered was delicious and highly recommended by the waitress but otherwise nothing was very noteworthy about the food. I would recommend to anyone who wants drinks and maybe appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014This is the second time at Beso. The place is just spectacular. The food is some of the best anywhere. The staff are very friendly and available whenever needed without being intrusive. Will definately make this a place on my return list.Special Features:
- Great. great, greatsherryDined on 8/30/2014Great food, great ambiance, great service. This restaurant is beautiful but very dark. We sat in a booth on the 2nd floor with a little more light but was still cozy. The wait staff were well informed, efficient and pleasant to deal with. I will return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beso Me MuchoLJefeEKDined on 8/30/2014My girlfriend and I experienced Beso for the first time this past Saturday (08/30/14). We got there right before they opened and the valet service wasn't up and running. No big whoop. It is extremely dark inside and we, along with other patrons, used our phones to see our menus. However, our server Luis was awesome and we took advantage of his item suggestions. The food was beyond excellent. We were even blessed with some sauce and flat bread compliments of the chef. Everything we ate was rich in flavor and deliriousness. Couldn't be happier with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un beso para Beso1timeLADined on 8/29/2014I loved this place. As soon as you walk in, the restaurant makes an impression. The food is fantastic - from the appetizers to the entrees. I didn't try the desserts but they looked/sounded amazing, as well. The drinks were also phenomenal. The only issue I had with this place was the separate lounge area upstairs - we were seated pretty close to it and it was LOUD! There was a party of some sort and while the music was great, it was overwhelming at times. It would be nice if there was a partition or perhaps it was situated further away from the diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland, bland, blandJeremyVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant needs to change three things to survive: 1. The lighting I guess it could be considered romantic, but it was several minutes before our eyes could adjust. It is just too dark. 2. The greet at the door The first question is whether we have some sort of coupon thing from one of those flash sale sites -- I wouldn't want to be one of those guests 3. The chef We had four small plates and the only one with any sort of real flavor was the chorizo and shrimp flatbread and that was just ok. We asked for salt and that made the guacamole better, but seriously, it's like someone raided the kitchen and stole all the salt and spices. Everything was just plain bland. On a good note, the service was incredibly fast.
- A Gem in Hollywood!!TxTravelerDined on 8/28/2014We ate here and loved everything!! The white sangria was light and refreshing. The food was excellent. The ambiance was perfect. Would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at theatreLot2luvDined on 8/28/2014Perfect spot for meal before performance at Pantages. Ambiance, great tasting salad, tacos, salmon, margaritas and special coffee with real cream to top it all off. Service was impeccable. Would definitely recommend this hotspot and look forward to going back soon:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastykatawumpasDined on 8/28/2014This was my second visit to Beso and it was much, much better. We chose better food items and our service was excellent.
- nzfoodie09Dined on 8/27/2014loved the food. the setting was awesoMe. the food was to die and coMe back for good. loved the linguini and the strawberry (virgin) Marguerita was fab.Special Features:
- Great ambianceyumyumDined on 8/25/2014Great ambiance, good food and great drinks. Reservations through open table is very convenient. Monday nights are surprisingly somewhat busy there so nice change for a MondaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely ambiencepassDined on 8/25/2014Love, Love, LOVE the way this restaurant is designed! Beautiful and dark inside with candles flickering throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not go backdiva21Dined on 8/23/2014Will not go back we were sitted on a table right in the middle where everyone was walking by constantly getting bump by waiter or people walking bySpecial Features:
- Very disappointedlove2dineDined on 8/22/2014We were celebrating my friend's husband's birthday; we started at Greek Theatre & we were very excited to end it with dinner at Beso. Our res. was at 10:45pm; The restaurant called the day before to confirm, I explain we were coming from GT & may be a few minutes late . .I was told "no problem, I'll note under your reservations". It was 10:45pm when we got to Beso and could not find parking . I called & said "I have res. for 10:45pm but" B4 I could finish my phrase I was rudely cut off with "sorry kitchen is closed" & hang up on me . .I called back & tried to explained I had let them know I would be a bit late . .again rudely cut off with "sorry, I said kitchen is close!!" & "she" hang up again. BDay person upset & went home W/ no dinner.Special Features:
- SWEET KISSdukeofpadreDined on 8/20/2014this place is very romantic and our waiter for was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glamorous and romantic ambienceNBgalDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is glamorous and romantic. The food was quite good and reasonably priced, considering the setting. The service was really good too. It's a great spot for a romantic date. We really enjoyed dining here.Special Features:
- Msdj1957Dined on 8/19/2014Great place to go for an anniversary, birthday or valentines day. I would not recommend bringing kids. I would say it is mainly for couples, or a few close friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant ExperienceHerbDined on 8/19/2014After acclimating to the low lighting, we enjoyed all the dishes that we ordered. The serving staff was attentive without being pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndeterminedkatawumpasDined on 8/13/2014I expected better. Something is lacking, but I can't put my finger on it. It might be the dark room and all those candles and glass. No sure. Food and service fine, but not as good as it could be. Lobster quesadilla needs to be revisited.
- EdlimDined on 8/12/2014excellent. I am pleasantly surprised. I have been there in the past but this experience is better. I like the tuna tartar and chicken adobo tacos. The shrimp mojo de ajo is spectacular. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- perfect!JRikiDined on 8/11/2014The ambiance was perfect. Absolutely loved this place and will be attending much more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantmaiaraDined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I bought a coupon in groupon website and went there. We made a reservation quite late and went there earlier there, the front desk guy was nice, got us a table right away, so we dis not have to wait for the time of our reservation. The food was very good! I really liked it! I did not enjoy the margarita, because it was too strong for me (maybe not for anyone else), but the waitress saw that and she took it off the check! We really liked the restaurante, i would totally reccomend it and i would go back there of i had a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodrosaljDined on 8/9/2014The Food Was Delicious And Fresh. The Ambiance Was Nice and RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be better!LeoluxukVIPDined on 8/9/2014Julian at the front desk was phenomenal… he knows people by first names, made us feel very comfortable and started the evening off perfectly. The food was luke warm, not very testy and despite the restaurant not being super busy.. we waited 10 mins for a second drink after our first round had been drank. Probably won’t go back.. just not as good as so many other places in town.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The inside was really nice. When I arrived the place was super quiet, I didn't even want to talk. The food was good but I have tasted better food for the same price.Special Features:
- elainejVIPDined on 8/8/2014Prices very high for food that was mediocre at best. Lamb Chops very tough and even with a steak knife, difficult to cut. Salmon was raw in the middle and served alone with only a few leaves of garnish. This was at $28.00. They have to get their act together for us to return.Special Features:
- Really bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014I wouldn't return. We came to celebrate our engagement and they hardly paid any attention to us all night.
- Great TimeRichardreviewDined on 8/6/2014We had a great time at Beso. We were dining prior to a show. The service was quick and food excellent. Definitely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining in LADenversbestVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food was horrible! Ketchup in my ceviche!!!! No seasoning on anything, tons I mean tons of corn chips to overwhelm every dish. The server was sweet and tried hard but this place needs to be revamped from every aspect