Besito - Roslyn
1516-18 Old Northern Boulevard
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: (516) 484-3001
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can arrange catering, including: guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvres, taco stations, and more. Besito will always tailor a menu to your specific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private area available. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jose Reyes, Hector Arieta & Carlos Pascual 5164843001
- Special Events: Host your special event at Besito, contact Jose Reyes for more information.
- Cross Street: Old Northern Blvd
- Public Transit: LIRR to Mineola and then N23 towards Manor Haven LIRR to Hempstead and then N27 towards Glen Cove LIRR to Great Neck and then N20 or N21 east to Main St., Roslyn LIRR to Port Washington and then N23 towards Mineola LIRR to Roslyn and then N23 towards Manor Haven
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is available in the Harborview Shops parking lot.
A word from Besito - Roslyn
Besito (Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and is home to tableside guacamole and the Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves lunch and dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, boneless short ribs of beef and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 60 world class tequilas in our Agave Lounge in an atmosphere of old, rustic Mexico and sophistication bringing back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Besito - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Besito - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)good for groups (98)neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (85)hot spot (67)romantic (65)vibrant bar scene (44)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (27)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (23)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014Always a treat to have a meal at Besito! Awesome guacomole, fun drinks and delicious entrees. I had a fish entree which was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic Mexican on Long IslandClassyMexicanDined on 11/15/2014A Chic Mexican restaurant on Long Island with multiple locations. Table side guacamole and an excellent tequila selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very deliciousjandb11361Dined on 11/10/2014First time at Besito and was very happy. They sat us by the wall of candles which added to our dining experience. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besito is Amazing!!SThomasDined on 11/10/2014I had a great time at Besito, i would highly recommend for everybody to go there!Special Features:
- Not satisfiedAbcdDined on 11/9/2014I am not sure if we ordered wrong menu or it just a bad restaurant. We went for Restaurant week and I didn't like anything from starters to entree. The desert was good but too pricey for just berries with mango leche. I ordered crab cake and something with chuhuwawa queso for starters and wasn't impressed with either one. Sofias for entree and only ate half and wasted the rest. My husband got steak which was $5 extra but he said it was decent. We spent abt $75 (2 rest. Wk special, 1 glass of wine, and $5 extra for steak) and I felt like I wasted my money.
- Great Food & Margarita'sDan6Dined on 11/9/2014Great food and excellent value for "Restaruant Week". Our server was pleasant and very helpful with explaining the items on the menu. Appetizers came out to soon while we were enjoying the Guacamole. Ordered "Taquitos de Camarones" (shrimp) appetizer but was served the "Flautas de Pollo" (Chicken Taco) appetizer in error. Did not send it back since the others in our party had started to dine. It was not crowded so I can't understand how this happened. Classic Margarita's are the best. Had the Carnitas for dinner which was very good. We are repeat patrons and love Besito..Special Features:
- Not what I rememberMichBri131Dined on 11/8/2014I've been to Besito a few times but it has been at least 2 years since my last visit. I decided to check it out for Restaurant Week on Saturday night only to be told at the table that it had ended at 6PM. The food was loaded with the same melted cheeses that were very oily and not very flavorful. The empinadas were nothing special and really didn't stand out. I ordered the Enchiladas which honestly, had to be sent back because both myself and girlfriend felt the sauce tasted like ketchup and the tortillas they were wrapped in were slimy. We changed it for something else which was better but once again nothing special. Service was excellent and the waiter was very accommodating to our needs. Probably won't return anytime soon.
- Date nightDatenight15Dined on 11/7/2014Besito is incredible. Perfect for date night or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindJUanDined on 11/7/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and my wife had selected Besito based on a review she had read. We were very pleased with our dining experience. Waiter was great and the house even gave us each a flute of champagne to help us celebrate. Nice touch. By the way, the pumpkin flan was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth restaurant week dealStephVIPDined on 11/5/2014The foods included on the fix prix menu were extensive. The only things not included was the guacamole and the filet mignon.... Fair enough...mojitos came with fresh sugar canes.... Simply deelicious!Special Features:
- Excellent Mexican restaurantMookaDined on 11/5/2014I have been wanting to try Besito for a long time. When I saw it on the Restaurant Week list, I knew we had to go. We did have a little trouble finding it. Mapquest sent us to the wrong side of Old Northern Blvd. The one thing we did not like was how dark it was. My husband was using the candle to read the menu until the waiter gave him a flashlight. The nachos are nice and light and the salsa was perfectly seasoned, not too hot and not too mild. I ordered a white sangria. For my appetizer I had the crab cake. I could have licked that plate clean! My entree was the pistachio crusted salmon. For dessert I had the chocolate cake. I absolutely loved my dinner. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShauVIPDined on 11/5/2014Went for LI restaurant week. The whole menu is available except for the guacamole appetizer and one steakk dish which has a surcharge. Great deal for the price. Food was very tasty and nicely presented. Margharita was excellent and had a variety of specialty drinks. Restaurant is dark so each person gets a small flashlight which they get to take home. Would go back again to try some other dishes since I had avery hard time deciding. Parking lot available.Special Features:
- A Great Dining Spot !!!Snoopy500Dined on 11/2/2014We have dined at Besito many times and always have a wonderful time. The service is consistently warm, caring and professional; the servers are very knowledgable. The food is exceptional. They have a wide variety of dishes with interesting, wonderful flavors. The portions are more than ample, You are treated as if you are a guest in someone's home. A place to return to over and over again !!! A real winner !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun fiestaGolfgalDined on 11/2/2014Food is complex and not overly reliant on salt. Fabulous crab cake app and the best grow up chocolate pudding! Service was prompt, courteous and helpful with dairy restriction for one diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrymomVIPDined on 11/2/2014My favorite restaurant in long island. everything they make is delicious. My only complaint is how dark the restaurant is, but they do hand out pocket flashlites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KHKHkhDined on 11/2/2014I would normally recommend this place as I love the food but when we went this past week the power went out after being there for 10 minutes. We still got drinks and guacamole in hopes it would go back on but after an hour with little guidance from management, we decided to leave. They brought us our hand written bill with every single item on it. Just my opinion but if I was management I would have at least apologized and said that a drink or guacamole was on the house. They even charged us for soft drinks. Poor management so I won't be heading back here.Special Features:
- Great real Mexican!LaurpopsDined on 10/31/2014Love coming here. Great food. Amazing drinks. Wish it was a little bigger. Make rsvp!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lavasthiDined on 10/25/2014The main course was very good, but their guacamole was tasteless because the avocados were not riped enough. dissapointedSpecial Features:
- DeliciousJoanna319Dined on 10/24/2014Wonderful experience. We have lived in the area for 6 years and this was our first (but not our last) meal here. They observed our reservation which was wonderful because there appeared to be a wait at the bar. We were seated right away and started off with warm homemade chips and table side guacamole. The meal was amazing and we took enough home for lunch the next day. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big 'gracias'AnonymousDined on 10/24/2014In mentioning that I was celebrating my first year anniversary, the waitress wasted no time in bringing us complimentary champagne to toast our special occasion. Food and service was excellent as always. Thank you...Special Features:
- less than expectedAfoodcriticDined on 10/23/2014I chose this place because I saw it in Pulse magazine and also read some reviews. Decor was very nice, lighting was a bit dark as many patrons were using their cell phones to see the menu. Taco soup was just ok. We ordered the guacamole made at table side, not bad. I had a good house margarita and my wife tried a tamarind flavored one which was very good. I had the braised short rib (no bone) no flavor at all. My wife's salmon with a mole type sauce was better. Overall, as a first time place, I wasn't impressed. However, the tequila bar seems more promising for dinner. I did mention that it was my birthday on Open table request and waiter wasn't notified.(cake minus candle) Would it hurt to sing a small happy birthday song?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The restaurant is decorated beautifully, candle lit and cozy. Food is delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I have had both lunch and dinner at Besito and have never been disappointed. Wait staff is courteous and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to beginWenchVIPDined on 10/19/2014Besit has nice ambiance. I don't 100% agree with the name though; this is more or a Latin restaurant than a Mexican restaurant. I had a classic margarita that was excellent. The queso fundido appetizer was also delicious. The entrees were both a let down. The carne asada tacos had no seasoning AT ALL and were served with one corn tortilla that tore. They could fix this by doubling up on the tortillas. The carnitas were delicious, but not properly prepared. Carnitas are deep fried to make them crisp on the outside and these were just basically roasted pork. They were served smothered in an extremely salty black bean sauce. For the price, have drinks and appetizers here, but save your entree money for another Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerScubyDined on 10/1/2014On a girls' night out we shared 3 dishes, sangria and quac. prepared at the table. All were pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. They even lowered the AC when we asked. Will return and recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Tequila knowledgableParksDined on 9/28/2014The eats are fantastic. And when paired with a great tequilla it's out of this world. We love our tequela and Eric knows his stuff. It's a great place to taste and talk tequela.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!JenniferDined on 9/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant on long island! Best mexican food I've ever had. Try EVERYTHING! I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014had good Mexican food before & besito's was highly recommended. all hype except for the looks. on a good note we were seated right away but had reservations. night started with mojito's & fresh guacamole. guacamole is nothing special but it's fresh & made table side. wife got the res & told me the sauce was similar to tomato paste in the can. no real flavor & pretty bland, steak was of course very pink inside & we ordered it well done. would have sent it back but didn't like the taste. I got the special which was a fish dish drowned in cheese not much of any flavor. waitress asked if we wanted bottled water/regular, we said regular but got no water at all. waste of gas, time, money, & bad way to end date night after an amazing night out.
- Nice Mexican FlavorfunfordinnerDined on 9/20/2014Love This place. Great place, Great Food, and a great signature cocktail!!!
- Besito is mucho bueno!greatplace2bDined on 9/20/2014The food,service,drinks, and over ambiance was outstanding. Great place to go to for any occasion.Special Features:
- Service done rightLuv2dineDined on 9/20/2014Service was excellent ! Water glasses were always filled, warm chips & salsa were also replenished until food came. Friendly staff. Their cocktails were delish & the side table gaucamole is a MUST. 4 ppl shared 1 appetizer, Queso Fundido, great for cheese lovers. For entree, I highly recommend their fish dishes, Pescado con Pipian y Atole & pescado Veracruzana. The Costillas al Piquin is a nice portion & quite tender. All was great except their mole poblano , dry bland chicken, wrapped in dry corn tortilla with not so great tasting mole sauce, very disappointing. Shared the Flan for dessert, also disappointing, was not smooth & creamy & the tart orange sauce although tasty, does not make sense with it. Despite this, we'd come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightsusheeDined on 9/20/2014We called on the last. minute but were able to get a 5:30 reservation. Lovely evening for eating outside. Frozen margaritas were great as well as the guac.! Suiza and stuffed organic peppers were perfect. Really liked the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Mexican Food!LastMateVIPDined on 9/18/2014Arrived to celebrate my birthday with friends at this very special restaurant. Food, service, ambiance are all wonderful, and have remained so over the years. Special thanks to my favorite server, Lothel. His discreet yet watchful presence makes for such a pleasant, carefully served yet uninterrupted dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointedNewyorker16VIPDined on 9/16/2014Besito's decor and Patron display is always nice. Dined at least 5 times and last two times disappointed ordered the Tamale and served luke warm and a little dry. Tortilla Soup was too thick and tasted too much like a black bean soup. Several times the waiter reached over to get plates instead of walking around which resulted in his sleeve touching food. Finally told the manager good response as he apologized and said he appreciates feedback to make things better. Gave us Tres leche dessert on the house nice gesture but it may be the end of my dining thereSpecial Features:
- Love it!kurtzieDined on 9/12/2014I love love love eating at Besito Roslyn! Every time I go there, it is a great experience. They really know how to set the mood and cook delicious, authentic Mexican food. The best on Long Island. Great for parties and special occasions or a romantic night out.Special Features:
- A good stable restaurantPrdkDined on 9/12/2014Great bar, excellent ambiance, good service, excellent guacamole and good food. What's not to like if you like Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine PlaceFoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Was not wowed by the place since my expectations were high as a result of recommendations. The guacamole was excellent, the special drink of the night tasty, but the food was just ok. I've had better Mexican food at franchise restaurants. I'm surprised at the difficulty in getting a reservation here. I don't think it's worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodTheVoiceDined on 9/12/2014The food was so great. My mother loved it so much that she wants to go back, even though she normally likes a lot of variety. She also fell in love with the decor/ambiance. The only issue is the tables are too close to other guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besito means kiss...JfoodDined on 9/11/2014And the meal was made with a sweet kiss of perfection! Delicious food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time was not the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014This was the second time dining at Besito Roslyn and the first time we had such a great time we decided to come back. We had a horrible experience we waited 20 minute for a waiter to acknowledge us then we had to constantly ask for water the service was unacceptableSpecial Features:
- NoisecurlyDined on 9/7/2014Eating outdoors is very pleasant. It is quiet but the inside dining room is very noisy. If the dishes and silver stopped clanking and the soundtrack was lowered it would be nice to dine inside.Special Features: