Besito - Roslyn
1516-18 Old Northern Boulevard
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $31 to $50
Besito - Roslyn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.besitomexican.com/
- Phone: 5164843001
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Spanish, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can arrange catering, including: guacamole, passed hors d'oeuvres, taco stations, and more. Besito will always tailor a menu to your specific needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private area available. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jose Reyes, Hector Arieta & Carlos Pascual 5164843001
- Special Events: Host your special event at Besito, contact Jose Reyes for more information.
- Cross Street: Old Northern Blvd
- Public Transit: LIRR to Mineola and then N23 towards Manor Haven LIRR to Hempstead and then N27 towards Glen Cove LIRR to Great Neck and then N20 or N21 east to Main St., Roslyn LIRR to Port Washington and then N23 towards Mineola LIRR to Roslyn and then N23 towards Manor Haven
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is available in the Harborview Shops parking lot.
A word from Besito - Roslyn
Besito (Little Kiss, in English) serves authentic Mexican food and is home to tableside guacamole and the Besito Patron Margarita. Besito serves lunch and dinner every day of the week. Food specialties include classic tortilla soup, tamales with shrimp and chipotle adobo, ceviches made daily, boneless short ribs of beef and enchiladas suizas. We serve over 60 world class tequilas in our Agave Lounge in an atmosphere of old, rustic Mexico and sophistication bringing back memories of your last Mexican vacation!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Besito - Roslyn - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Besito - Roslyn reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (88)fit for foodies (86)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (73)hot spot (58)romantic (57)vibrant bar scene (45)great for lunch (39)great for outdoor dining (31)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (22)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Where to beginWenchVIPDined on 10/19/2014Besit has nice ambiance. I don't 100% agree with the name though; this is more or a Latin restaurant than a Mexican restaurant. I had a classic margarita that was excellent. The queso fundido appetizer was also delicious. The entrees were both a let down. The carne asada tacos had no seasoning AT ALL and were served with one corn tortilla that tore. They could fix this by doubling up on the tortillas. The carnitas were delicious, but not properly prepared. Carnitas are deep fried to make them crisp on the outside and these were just basically roasted pork. They were served smothered in an extremely salty black bean sauce. For the price, have drinks and appetizers here, but save your entree money for another Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerScubyDined on 10/1/2014On a girls' night out we shared 3 dishes, sangria and quac. prepared at the table. All were pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. They even lowered the AC when we asked. Will return and recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Tequila knowledgableParksDined on 9/28/2014The eats are fantastic. And when paired with a great tequilla it's out of this world. We love our tequela and Eric knows his stuff. It's a great place to taste and talk tequela.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!JenniferDined on 9/27/2014This is my favorite restaurant on long island! Best mexican food I've ever had. Try EVERYTHING! I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014had good Mexican food before & besito's was highly recommended. all hype except for the looks. on a good note we were seated right away but had reservations. night started with mojito's & fresh guacamole. guacamole is nothing special but it's fresh & made table side. wife got the res & told me the sauce was similar to tomato paste in the can. no real flavor & pretty bland, steak was of course very pink inside & we ordered it well done. would have sent it back but didn't like the taste. I got the special which was a fish dish drowned in cheese not much of any flavor. waitress asked if we wanted bottled water/regular, we said regular but got no water at all. waste of gas, time, money, & bad way to end date night after an amazing night out.
- Nice Mexican FlavorfunfordinnerDined on 9/20/2014Love This place. Great place, Great Food, and a great signature cocktail!!!
- Besito is mucho bueno!greatplace2bDined on 9/20/2014The food,service,drinks, and over ambiance was outstanding. Great place to go to for any occasion.Special Features:
- Service done rightLuv2dineDined on 9/20/2014Service was excellent ! Water glasses were always filled, warm chips & salsa were also replenished until food came. Friendly staff. Their cocktails were delish & the side table gaucamole is a MUST. 4 ppl shared 1 appetizer, Queso Fundido, great for cheese lovers. For entree, I highly recommend their fish dishes, Pescado con Pipian y Atole & pescado Veracruzana. The Costillas al Piquin is a nice portion & quite tender. All was great except their mole poblano , dry bland chicken, wrapped in dry corn tortilla with not so great tasting mole sauce, very disappointing. Shared the Flan for dessert, also disappointing, was not smooth & creamy & the tart orange sauce although tasty, does not make sense with it. Despite this, we'd come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightsusheeDined on 9/20/2014We called on the last. minute but were able to get a 5:30 reservation. Lovely evening for eating outside. Frozen margaritas were great as well as the guac.! Suiza and stuffed organic peppers were perfect. Really liked the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Mexican Food!LastMateVIPDined on 9/18/2014Arrived to celebrate my birthday with friends at this very special restaurant. Food, service, ambiance are all wonderful, and have remained so over the years. Special thanks to my favorite server, Lothel. His discreet yet watchful presence makes for such a pleasant, carefully served yet uninterrupted dinner.Special Features:
- Love it!kurtzieDined on 9/12/2014I love love love eating at Besito Roslyn! Every time I go there, it is a great experience. They really know how to set the mood and cook delicious, authentic Mexican food. The best on Long Island. Great for parties and special occasions or a romantic night out.Special Features:
- A good stable restaurantPrdkDined on 9/12/2014Great bar, excellent ambiance, good service, excellent guacamole and good food. What's not to like if you like Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine PlaceFoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Was not wowed by the place since my expectations were high as a result of recommendations. The guacamole was excellent, the special drink of the night tasty, but the food was just ok. I've had better Mexican food at franchise restaurants. I'm surprised at the difficulty in getting a reservation here. I don't think it's worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodTheVoiceDined on 9/12/2014The food was so great. My mother loved it so much that she wants to go back, even though she normally likes a lot of variety. She also fell in love with the decor/ambiance. The only issue is the tables are too close to other guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besito means kiss...JfoodDined on 9/11/2014And the meal was made with a sweet kiss of perfection! Delicious food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time was not the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014This was the second time dining at Besito Roslyn and the first time we had such a great time we decided to come back. We had a horrible experience we waited 20 minute for a waiter to acknowledge us then we had to constantly ask for water the service was unacceptableSpecial Features:
- NoisecurlyDined on 9/7/2014Eating outdoors is very pleasant. It is quiet but the inside dining room is very noisy. If the dishes and silver stopped clanking and the soundtrack was lowered it would be nice to dine inside.Special Features:
- Great with childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Staff was so kind and accommodating to our 1 year old son. Upon seating, they brought him a plate of cut bananas and avocado. It was perfect! I was going to order a chicken quesadilla for him to have a few bites and the server suggested the child quesadilla they had (I was not given a children's menu). The child's quesadilla was two separate corn tortillas folded in half with shredded chicken and cheese. The table rice and beans rounded out his meal and we were able to enjoy our meals without worrying about him. I recommend Sunday lunch with children as it's not very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday.luvmexDined on 9/6/2014I had a delicious dinner with my boyfriend and family. I also love the restaurant's decor, style and lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LikefoodDined on 9/5/2014Just good in all ways. The only negative would be a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Besito has an energetic vibe. This is my fourth time there. The first time was on a Saturday evening a few years ago and I loved it. The second and third times were a for a weekend lunch. It was much quieter during these visits. This last time, it was noisy, busy and the waiter was not as attentive. On the last two visits I did not find the food memorable. It is still a nice restaurant for innovative Mexican food, but it has lost it edge to me.Special Features:
- toohot4meDined on 9/1/2014Restaurant was too hot to sit comfortably. Poor service.
- Besito, againNinaVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went back to Besito because our dining experience there before was very good. I love the budin mariscos and the flan. The mixed tacos were also good. This time, our good dining experience was marred by the loud mouthed guy sitting next to our table. Not only was he loud but also talked non-stop. We moved our table a little bit farther from them but we could hear his whole life story. Also, the noise level this time was really loud because there was a bridal shower going on. This is understandable; however, the restaurant should provide more wait staff to attend to the other clients. We had to wait for some time just to get one of the wait staff to give us our check. But still, we would go back to this place.Special Features:
- Great Food and AmbianceBlueDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent. Best guacamole I ever had. Everyone at the table said the same thing. We ordered the ceviche. It was perhaps the only food item that was sub par. It had a funny aftertaste to it. Overall the food was outstanding though, and we will definitely be back. The waiter was very helpful but could have been around a little more. We stopped at the bar after dinner. The bar was a different story. The drinks were awful. The bar staff were not knowledgeable, were inattentive, and I had the worst dirty martini I ever tasted. It literally looked dirty - as if they used dirty sink water and it didn't taste much different. We ordered some other mixed drinks and they were all off as well. A place this nice should have a better bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican food on Long Islandera1687VIPDined on 8/30/2014My favorite Mexican restaurant. Great atmosphere and excellent service. Love the house margarita!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!LuvMyConorDined on 8/28/2014My husband took me here for my birthday. Both Huntington and Roslyn Besito are equally amazing! this location was closer to home! I am a big fan of their guac. Will come back very soon!Special Features:
- Good food and drinksfoodie1VIPDined on 8/26/2014Food was great, as usual. Drinks could have been a little better but usually are awesome. I re commend to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Amazing food and great service. The white sangria is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanBrutus70VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our third visit to Besito in Roslyn. Each time we have dined at the restaurant, we have enjoyed our dinner. The guacamole is devious and it's table side preparation allows the waiter to customize the "heat"! The drinks are pricey but quite good. This trip we came with friends and ordered a pitcher of white sangria which we all enjoyed but found that it was way over priced for what its contents were. It was tasty though! We definitely will return again but next time we will stick to the regular drink selection which have been great and much more typical bar prices. We highly recommend Besito where you will find really upscale and creative Mexican food.Special Features:
- Dining for dinnerCindyDined on 8/21/2014Great, attentive service. Great atmosphere--- appropriate for all types of groups (family night, girls night out, date night, etc). Food was pretty good. Table side guacamole was excellent! Sangria wasn't so great. Wonderful experience overall! Will definitely go back & recommend for others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ur average Mexican dinnerContaxsportsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Table side guacamole and non convention margaritas were the highlights. This place mixes and prepares the guacamole right at your table and served with warmed chips. The margaritas were served on the rocks without the salt both items were very good. The salmon dish I had was grilled to perfection overall I don't usually choose Mexican but I would definitely revisit this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBVDBBVDVIPDined on 8/20/2014This was super dining experience everything was top notch from cocktails to desert. The server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HenryDined on 8/16/2014Henry, our server is professional and personable. Knows customer service and always smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedHungrygirl44Dined on 8/16/2014I have heard great things about Besito but our experience was ok. Not great. The portions were small and the food was ok. Did not like our server. She didn't do much. I liked the ambience though.
- Great MexicanpmnyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great Mexican food served in a very nice setting. Food is really good and the service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Besito has never disappointed. Their cocktails are the best.Special Features:
- mikesDined on 8/10/2014great table side guacamole, great enchilada - great bar drinks. We Enjoyed Besito in rosyln better than rosa mexicano in nycSpecial Features:
- Very romanticMysticrose714Dined on 8/8/2014Food is excellent! Terrific service and knowledgeable waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good friendsMJLoDined on 8/8/2014We met friends for an early dinner, Friday evening. Our waitress, Natalie, could not have been more accommodating and pleasant. Our drinks were sublime, the guacamole divine, our entrees were hot, fresh and delicious, our dessert of dulce de leche ice cream was cool and sweet. Besito in Roslyn is one of our favorite restaurants. We live on the south shore, however, we don't mind the 30 minute drive for a scrumptious meal.Special Features:
- METagsDined on 8/6/2014Second time to dine at this restaurant with one week. Wish I could points for,the experience.Special Features: